Better scorer: Prime Tmac vs Durant

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
201 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
248 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
88 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
142 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Better scorer
Tmac 96 65.31%
Durant 51 34.69%
Voters: 147. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '13        #161
Impeccable 208 heat pts208
space
space
$14,805 | Props total: 893 893
 Ghost Writer said:
You brought up Tmac scoring 13 in 33 seconds multiple times in attempt to a.ssert that Tmac is a better scorer than Durant.

I simply pointed out the stupidity in that statement by stating that Reggie Miller scored 8 points in 9 seconds. According to your very own logic, that would make Reggie a better scorer...am I wrong?
Quote me on every time I brought it up

We can make this sht an avy bet
 4 years ago '09        #162
faceoffizhere 
space
space
$4,659 | Props total: 842 842
 Ghost Writer said:
I can say yes with 99% certainty. I'm baffled that people think a 24 year old is in his prime.
KD is about as efficient as he is ever gonna be n*gga shoots 50% already he can rebound and a.ssist only thing he needs is to bulk up/OR get stronger and add a back to the basket game. Thats it and I don't think he will get that much bigger but I don't think his averages will go up anymore.
 4 years ago '09        #163
faceoffizhere 
space
space
 THEINFAMOUS said:
So KD has hit his ceiling already?
very close
 4 years ago '09        #164
faceoffizhere 
space
space
 Ghost Writer said:
^^^go back no more than 10 posts.
To which post I'm just answering the question prime t-mac better scorer only because he was well rounded kd is almost well rounded but not all the way there yet. Nothing Durant can do that t-mac couldn't few things mac could that Durant couldn't which is why I say mac in his prime is better. Not saying Durant won't be just not yet.
 4 years ago '09        #165
faceoffizhere 
space
space
 Ghost Writer said:
If anything it's the exact opposite.

Durant is a much better shooter.

Go ahead...your turn.

Edit: The go back 10 posts thing was in response to dude above who claimed he never brought up Tmacs 13 points in 33 seconds.
If we going by % slightly better not by a large margin tho still I think your leaning toward more efficient while im thinking about the better arsenal. In my opinion tho better arsenal I give the slight nudge not even taking into account the teams they play on cuz that changes up the argument then. And o ok gotcha.
 4 years ago '10        #166
Rawfury 76 heat pts76
space
space
$5,941 | Props total: 909 909
Look. Durant is still young so to say he's better than tmac as scorer is laughable. Until he develops a better inside game (in the post) he will not be a better scorer than prime tmac. Tmac could be compared to melo as he could score anywhere on the floor whenever he wanted too. You will say durant right now because you haven't seen Tracy at his best in a while.

Now if you said better shooter sure. His percentages are some of the best but that's not the question. To understand what I mean look at ray allen. He will be a legend when he stops playing for his shooting ability not his package as a scorer .
 4 years ago '09        #167
faceoffizhere 
space
space
 Ghost Writer said:
Bro Kevin Durant is undeniably a better shooter. That's not even an argument. Anyone NBA enthusiast will agree. That's probably the one thing in this thread that no one will debate.
OH without a question I admitted that but what I am saying is me personally don't just look at shooting percentages with everyone I was looking at who can score in more ways and I think Mac holds that edge slightly. Chris mullin mitch richmond allan houston reggie glen rice all amazing shooters but none of em are better scorers then say a Kobe. That's my way of looking at things like stockon damn near shot 50% on the career but he not a better scorer than rose or rw.

Last edited by faceoffizhere; 08-06-2013 at 03:30 PM..
 08-06-2013, 03:29 PM         #168
WavyCrockett  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ghost Writer said:
People are so immature on here. So now I'm a Durant stan? I'm a die hard Heat fan and naturally hate OKC and anything that represents them.

lol @ saying KD could never do that. How do you know? You also didn't respond to my Reggie Miller comment...according to your thinking process, Reggie Miller is the greatest player ever to play the game then.
Nobody called Reggie or Tmac GOAT for those moments, you can make an argument for him being the clutchest wit that though
 4 years ago '10        #169
Rawfury 76 heat pts76
space
space
 o7media said:
T-Mac >> Durant

Not even close. T-Mac if he had stayed healthy could have been one of the GOATs. His game was just ridiculous.

People in here saying that Durant is a better scorer based on percentages are failing to realize who Durant has on his team. T-Mac didn't have any help in Orlando, he was the one getting double teamed.

Durant has other options in Westbrook and Ibaka (mainly Westbrook). Durant can get more open looks which are higher percentage shots. OKC as a team has great players, something that T-Mac never had in Orlando to give him any cushion but he was still dominant.

It's like if you compare LeBron's stats in Cleveland when he was the only option to now with Miami when he has 2 other stars next to him. Why do you think he's been shooting over 50% in Miami? Because he has easier looks now overall as Wade/Bosh can draw off defenders.
don't see anyone responding to this one. Spot on
 4 years ago '10        #170
Rawfury 76 heat pts76
space
space
 Ghost Writer said:
Ray Allen was one of the league's best slashers before he was ever a top tier pure shooter....
. To be an elite scorer you need a post game. Thats great that ray allen can slash thats not what I'm talking about . When they bring up carmelo you hear "score from anywhere and in any scenario"

When you hear dwight howard (different position I know calm down) they say he needs to work on SCORING in the post on offense and not relying so much on dunks/put backs.

I'm not arguing with you because Durant will get better. Just right now he's not a better scorer than prime tmac. As someone said as well tracy never had the help durant has had.

Let me ask you something though. Do you think durant is a better scorer than prime kobe? If you pick durant then I know your just here to start sh*t and argue
 4 years ago '07        #171
cankstoochie 48 heat pts48
space
space
$16,588 | Props total: 1051 1051
right now its t-mac but durant aint in his prime yet so we gotta come back to this thread in about 3 more years
 4 years ago '07        #172
Mr. Moses 
space
space
$4,418 | Props total: 6 6
Prime T-Mac is a better Isolation scorer.

Durant is the better overall scorer.
 4 years ago '04        #173
facility651 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,770 | Props total: 192 192
 Sticks said:
Durant's not even in his prime yet so fu*k out of here.
So far this is the only guy who knows what he's talking about
 4 years ago '12        #174
bmandagod 6 heat pts
space
space
$4,250 | Props total: 821 821
if there were no FTA but strictly fouls would KD be a top NBA scorer

durant out here with westbrook and had james harden to help ball movement and help his shot selection with less shots off the dribble

tmac played with the likes of drew gooden and tyrone lue having to set up his own shots...either half of yall white or just didnt watch the magic..

of course that n*gga gon have a higher % he plays with a top 5 pg played with a top 5 sg...and a top defensive pf

Last edited by bmandagod; 08-06-2013 at 07:06 PM..
 4 years ago '05        #175
micseles 3 heat pts
space
space
$10,766 | Props total: 4251 4251
 bmandagod said:
if there were no FTA but strictly fouls would KD be a top NBA scorer

durant out here with westbrook and had james harden to help ball movement and help his shot selection with less shots off the dribble

tmac played with the likes of drew gooden and tyrone lue having to set up his own shots...either half of yall white or just didnt watch the magic..

of course that n*gga gon have a higher % he plays with a top 5 pg played with a top 5 sg...and a top defensive pf
Yes. As evident in the Rockets and Grizz series without Westbrook. He does what he has to do to score. Even threw his efficiency out the window a couple times. That freethrow sh*t is basically a "haters" (god i hate using that word) only way of discrediting what he does. Without the freethrow argument most critism of him is dead in the water, because he's improved some facet of his game every season since he came to the league.

And westbrook doesnt really help him the way some think he does with drawing attention from the defense. Thunder are always in the bottom of the league in a.ssist. KD and Russy score off their own Merritt on iso's for the most part.

With all that said i still voted T-mac. Just hate to see people blindly discredit someone

Last edited by micseles; 08-06-2013 at 07:27 PM..
 08-06-2013, 10:56 PM         #176
Alldn666  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

aboss4real24 said:
KD Jus scores off FTs and has no offensive game beside jus taking jumpers n spot up he gets away wit it
because hes dam near 7 feet with a 7 foot wingspan . Tmac had it all

TMAC. EZ
 4 years ago '07        #177
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,133 | Props total: 18 18
Showing how dumb this site is sometimes, 65% voted T-Mac????

drop this topic on realgm, see how the real nba heads respond

Last edited by ttime236; 08-06-2013 at 11:19 PM..
 4 years ago '07        #178
MythMade 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,728 | Props total: 5 5
To the people saying he can't score without Russy...

did he not average 30 on 46% this past playoffs without him?

Let's not discount his 9 rebounds and 6 a.ssists either.

Oh wait, let me guess, someone is going to mention Ibaka as a scoring threat? (shouldn't even be mentioned, but someone in this thread already said Ibaka helps Durant score)
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
61 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
71 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
45 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
55 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
145 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Landlord Accused Of Masturbating On Tenant's Clothes When She Wasn't H..
22 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 13 - Study: Women rate the strongest men as the most attractive
80 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
42 comments
19 hours ago