most viewed right now
yukmouth responded to gonzoe
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
118 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Better scorer
Tmac 96 65.31%
Durant 51 34.69%
Voters: 147. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '11        #61
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6666 6666
T-Mac the better scorer. Durant the more efficient scorer. Durant is 7 feet and long so he can just shoot over people. He rarely breaks people down with the dribble and creates his own openings. If we're looking at it from an offensive skill set, T-Mac > Durant. Melo > Durant. If we're looking at it based on efficiency, Durant >>>
 4 years ago '11        #62
Loso Luciano24 227 heat pts227
space
space
$14,486 | Props total: 8380 8380
 Kadillac87 said:
T-Mac the better scorer. Durant the more efficient scorer. Durant is 7 feet and long so he can just shoot over people. He rarely breaks people down with the dribble and creates his own openings. If we're looking at it from an offensive skill set, T-Mac > Durant. Melo > Durant. If we're looking at it based on efficiency, Durant >>>

4 years ago '05        #63
micseles 3 heat pts
space
space
$10,784 | Props total: 4287 4287
Id go with prime Tmac. Only because of how effective he was in the post. If you took away the perimeter, he'd take you in the post a make you look silly. Was a bit of a better ball handler as well.

Durant's post game is coming along. Dude punished Tayshaun in that grizzlies series whenever he went down there, just didnt do it enough.
 4 years ago '05        #64
micseles 3 heat pts
space
space
$10,784 | Props total: 4287 4287
 prettyklever said:
T-mac definitely wasnt known as a defender.

I'm still a huge T-mac and Durant fan but we can't make up stuff here.
Actually he was. He was drafted as a shut down defender. He was supposed to be Vince's Scotty Pippen in Toronto until he started showing he was capable of being the Jordan of the two. He shut down Glenn Robinson in their series against the Bucks in the Playoffs and was tasked with duty of guarding Dirk whenever Houston met up with the Mavs in the playoffs. Later in his career the injuries reduced him to just concentrating on scoring to be effective.

And people k!ll me calling Durant trash because he gets to the line. Like he's just supposed to decline freethrows when they award them

People called Dirk soft his whole career because he didnt force the issue to get to the line until his MVP calibre years. Durant makes the refs make the call, 9 times out of 10 if they dont he's dunking on your 7 footer any way. Dude is a beast PERIOD!!
 4 years ago '13        #65
Impeccable 212 heat pts212
space
space
$14,925 | Props total: 1367 1367
 Loso Luciano24 said:
Dont stick ya chest like you know something little n*gga before it gets pushed back in.

Back to the topic.

Bron dominated way before he reached his ceiling . Kinda scary. Just like what KD is doing now only at the age of 24.

You don't know sh*t about basketball

micseles said:
Actually he was. He was drafted as a shut down defender. He was supposed to be Vince's Scotty Pippen in Toronto until he started showing he was capable of being the Jordan of the two. He shut down Glenn Robinson in their series against the Bucks in the Playoffs and was tasked with duty of guarding Dirk whenever Houston met up with the Mavs in the playoffs. Later in his career the injuries reduced him to just concentrating on scoring to be effective.

And people k!ll me calling Durant trash because he gets to the line. Like he's just supposed to decline freethrows when they award them

People called Dirk soft his whole career because he didnt force the issue to get to the line until his MVP calibre years. Durant makes the refs make the call, 9 times out of 10 if they dont he's dunking on your 7 footer any way. Dude is a beast PERIOD!!

n*ggas hate on KD cause he knows how to get fouls. If that n*gga wasn't such a great shooter, they wouldn't say anything
 4 years ago '05        #66
Dove Luv J.R. 
space
space
$904 | Props total: 649 649
Durant and it's not even close
 4 years ago '09        #67
six6nine9wpk 18 heat pts18
space
space
space
$1,024 | Props total: 778 778
I think T-Mac was probably the most talented player to ever play the game. I have heard that T-Mac rarely worked on his game and had a lackadaisical attitude about practice. I think its hard to compare the two they both had diffrent situations. T-Mac was the only offensive threat on his team besides Miller. Durant has played with two players who are top 5 at their respective positions. This changes the dynamics of how teams go about checking you. With all that said I think KD has been more consistent then T-Mac and his overall game is more complete.
 4 years ago '05        #68
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,747 | Props total: 12597 12597
 WavyCrockett said:
Kevin Durant believes he's approaching the prime of his NBA career.
“I’ve heard a few times, in three or four years, this league is going to be yours. . . . I don’t like that. Because I think I’m established now. My time is now,” Durant said. “I feel as though I’ve proved myself these last five years that I can be one of the top players in the league. I’ve got a long way to go to being the ultimate best, but I think my time is now. And I’m starting to enter my prime.”

Durant's opinion on himself and his own body > your opinion on him

that quote was from last year
You don't have control when you reach your prime, it occurs with maturity. This quote is the sounds of a player who is just eager to win now, and not fully understand that the prime of your career is when the "mental game catches up with your physical game".. It's obvious to anyone that KD is not in his prime and has a lot to learn.

No different from a kid saying he wants to do adult sh*t "Yea everyone says I can do this when I get older, but I feel like I'm old enough to do it NOW!".. Same sh*t. KD is not in his prime.
 4 years ago '09        #69
six6nine9wpk 18 heat pts18
space
space
space
$1,024 | Props total: 778 778
 Loso Luciano24 said:

Shows how much you know about ball...KD is 24. An NBA player doesnt reach his prime till around 28.

This is bullsh*t........... Players that rely on athleticism ie Vince Carnter, Iverson, Francis etc...... normally deline by 28
 4 years ago '11        #70
space
space
 Impeccable said:
You don't know sh*t about basketball

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '05        #71
space
space
 six6nine9wpk said:
This is bullsh*t........... Players that rely on athleticism ie Vince Carnter, Iverson, Francis etc...... normally deline by 28
You just named 3 players who never got the mental aspect of the game and pretty much stayed the same way they were when they entered the league. Most legendary HOF players typically have their prime around 26-29 age. Most superstars have a "breakout" year by year 3(which you could be confusing as prime). THe ones who dont make it that far beyond 28, relied on ATHLETICISM, as you said, and flamed the hell out.

There's an "athletic prime", and then the most common "prime".. There's a difference, and when people just say "prime" they usually mean when the mental aspect reaches the physical one. Iverson had his prime years from ages 25-29 by the way, horrible example using him.

And we all know VC and Francis never really grasped the "mental" aspect of the game for them to be viable prime examples. Which is why people only refer to their "athletic" prime when they first stepped into the league.

Last edited by Hold That; 08-05-2013 at 08:47 PM..
 4 years ago '05        #72
space
space
 Chris daRealist said:
Kevin Durant aint in his athletic or basketball prime yet... he has atleast 2 more seasons
He's def in his athletic prime, he's not going to get much bigger and athletic than he is now IMO. I think from here it's just understanding more ways to contribute on the court, via passing, improving post game, skill set and mental aspects he needs work on before reaching his "basketball prime"
 4 years ago '05        #73
space
space
 Chris daRealist said:
Maybe.. I think this season might be his peak athletically... but your definitely right about the rest.. personally I think he will have a longer and more productive career than alot of players great players, including kobe.. atleast stat wise..

Edit: mj could've played til he was 40... kd might be able to do that.
I agree with all of this. Out of all the elite superstars today 28 and under, I'm going to say Durant depends on his athleticism the least. Think about this as well. If Durant can dominate and score efficiently with Russell Westbrook who so happens to play Point Guard as well, he can play with ANYONE. He's pretty much the ideal teammate or superstar pair for almost every player around the league. He literally can give you 25+ on majority off the ball plays. 6'10 ray allen

However, in order for him to play beyond 34+ and still be elite, he's going to have to improve his back to the basket game. He wont be able to run off screens forever, and Durant is smart enough to know this, you can see him trying to work on it. Running will catch up to you like Rip/Miller and even Ray who has been relegated to a spot up shooter.
 4 years ago '11        #74
space
space
#TheReturn just made my point. Good looking out dun. Didnt feel like typing at all to explain why.

4 years ago '05        #75
space
space
 Chris daRealist said:
Wow awesome analysis ... really couldn't have said it better.

I didnt see what you said about kd vs tmac...im interested... who do you think was a better player before 25?
T-Mac was the more complete player IMO, but Durant was the better scorer.

I'd still take Durant just because he can play with anyone.

Last edited by Hold That; 08-05-2013 at 09:31 PM..
 4 years ago '08        #76
mccauley318 2 heat pts
space
space
$820 | Props total: 71 71
T-Mac easily. Dude scored 60 at an easier clip. Durant get a lot of his points from the foul line. I think he was second in the league for free throw attempts behind Harden. Plus he was leading the league in that category couple of season prior.
 4 years ago '11        #77
space
space

So its a BAD THING durent goes to the line?

It discredits him that he is excellent in drawing fouls?

Ghost you are being kind saying "Retarded sometimes".

4 years ago '04        #78
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$11,349 | Props total: 2788 2788
 Chrisdunk said:
Was T-Mac ever a Top 2 player in the League for about 3 years straight ever after is 02/03 season?

Nostalgia does wonders for players it seems.
Durant would not be top two player in the league with prime Shaq and Tim duncan
 4 years ago '13        #79
Chrisdunk 20 heat pts20
space
space
$2,276 | Props total: 5 5
n*ggas on this site are fu*king clueless. Great scorers always get to the FT line.

Can't believe one n*gga said LeBron isn't a great scorer.

Lebron could win every scoring title if he wanted to.
 4 years ago '08        #80
Andre3stacks 20 heat pts20
space
space
$18,975 | Props total: 7399 7399
Scorer Durant but overall individual player would be tmac.
Home      

most viewed right now
NBA Bron and the Cavs been on they sh-t since ...
31 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside trust a big butt and smile
41 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
39 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
86 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
76 comments
21 hours ago