Who is the greater artist: Prince or Michael Jackson?

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
141 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
39 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
47 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden man is in tears after getting robbed of $20,000 by his friends..
36 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who is the better artist?
Prince 82 28.98%
Michael Jackson 201 71.02%
Voters: 283. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '04        #121
Sotaboy24 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,511 | Props total: 42 42
Mike got video games out

But prince can hoop

4 years ago '11        #122
Deuterion 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,369 | Props total: 4245 4245
These are kids that weren't even alive when Mike's final album (Invincible) dropped but they know his tracks and dance moves by heart. It's not some "Mama listened to this so let me listen to it to" type of mimicry...watch these kids...they are actually feeling the music. They feel it in their souls...it resonates with them...what does that tell you? It tells you that Mike's work was unrivaled...it stands the test of time like no other. How many music videos and artists from 30 years ago do you see children under 7 emulating today? You also can't use the "Oh, Mike was a popstar" excuse cuz he hadn't released one track these kid's whole lives. What is it about Mike's music that touches multiple generations more than any other artist? It couldn't be that it was better than everyone else's...naaaah...that'd be too simple.

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

This boy was 1 when Mike passed.

[video - click to view]

Straight up jammin...

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

4 years ago '13        #123
10th Wonder 160 heat pts160
space
space
$4,895 | Props total: 567 567

[video - click to view]

4 years ago '12        #124
You Hater 1447 heat pts1447
space
space
$42,394 | Props total: 19883 19883
Mike>
 4 years ago '06        #125
1 of 1 Houston 25 heat pts25
space
space
$6,245 | Props total: 6418 6418
Prince is a better all around musician and I would say they are almost equal as artist. Prince plays numerous instruments on his own tracks, writes, produces, sings and dances. Mike on the other hand is way better as a singer, perfomer, dancer and likewise writes and produces. They both are two of the best innovators to hit the music industry but Mike is the King. But I think we can all agree they both went from looking like Bo$$'s to white....and..uhhh..spanish women?
 08-05-2013, 09:39 AM         #126
AmericanGangsta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
There's one thing y'all are forgetting

MJ was running the music game for half of the 1900s

Prince only had a few decades being relevant
 4 years ago '13        #127
Guvnor 1122 heat pts1122 OP
space
space
$43,263 | Props total: 12305 12305
 cold_young_thug said:
prince stans k!ll me with that +20 instruments sh*t. Like you've seen the n*gga play all instruments fluently in front of you.
Word

Like this dude Prince didn't have other musicians work with him and didn't have his own bands.

I mean this dude even had Sheila E who was dope.

I have a feeling he was hitting that though

bluecuz60 said:
Prince is a better all around musician and I would say they are almost equal as artist. Prince plays numerous instruments on his own tracks, writes, produces, sings and dances. Mike on the other hand is way better as a singer, perfomer, dancer and likewise writes and produces. They both are two of the best innovators to hit the music industry but Mike is the King. But I think we can all agree they both went from looking like Bo$$'s to white....and..uhhh..spanish women?
Im dead here man.

This dude said white and spanish women.
 4 years ago '09        #128
klm1015 10 heat pts10
space
space
$5,689 | Props total: 189 189
Prince>MJ but not by a large margin. If Prince were to stay in the "creative box" like MJ he would have been just as big. Prince's discography is huge, and the sounds of each album ranges from funk to soul to pop to folk, and thats what makes Prince so damn dynamic. He can make great traditional music and then step out the box and not be afraid to fall on his face if the public doesn't get it. MJ mastered trends and Prince set them.
 4 years ago '07        #129
tre0624 74 heat pts74
space
space
$16,478 | Props total: 6146 6146
Im not saying Prince is a nobody but to say Pince made better music is just dumb. Every artist u see on tv when they ask who did u listen to or look up to when u were young. Most say Mj i never heard a motherfu*ker say Prince. He'll always be number #2

ballergenetics said:
Prince made better music, period.
 4 years ago '07        #130
tre0624 74 heat pts74
space
space
Didnt Michael Jackson Thriller sell dam near 100Mil worldwide. Be for real Prince not close to MJ
 4 years ago '07        #131
tre0624 74 heat pts74
space
space
Both of them probably was on some gay sh*t so u supporting a gay guy

SkateboardT said:
I can't believe some of yall are supporting a pedophile

hahahahahaha I had to.
 4 years ago '13        #132
Guvnor 1122 heat pts1122 OP
space
space
$43,263 | Props total: 12305 12305
 klm1015 said:
Prince>MJ but not by a large margin. If Prince were to stay in the "creative box" like MJ he would have been just as big. Prince's discography is huge, and the sounds of each album ranges from funk to soul to pop to folk, and thats what makes Prince so damn dynamic. He can make great traditional music and then step out the box and not be afraid to fall on his face if the public doesn't get it. MJ mastered trends and Prince set them.
So MJ set no trends?

Get the entire hell out of here

tre0624 said:
Didnt Michael Jackson Thriller sell dam near 100Mil worldwide. Be for real Prince not close to MJ
I think it did.

Highest selling album in the world I believe
 4 years ago '08        #133
slimdogg3325 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,871 | Props total: 719 719
the question is who's the greater artist not who's better and n*ggas typin all kinds of sh*t.

mj is the greatest artist all time and even prince will tell u that, but better artist could be up for debate
 4 years ago '10        #134
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,847 | Props total: 20786 20786
Nas vs Jay-Z all over.

Prince is more technical (Nas), but MJ has made more enjoyable music, is a better entertainer & performer (Jay-Z)
 4 years ago '07        #135
JamcnPrettyboy 96 heat pts96
space
space
$23,478 | Props total: 6100 6100
 fugeeboy said:
Prince first 5 albums was HIM, Andre Cymone helped a bit playing the bass in his band, but Prince didn't use his ideas at all, then there is Dez d!ckerson, great guitarist in his band, but he did not contribute in the studio, the only people that were known to have contributed in and out the studio to Prince projects was WENDY AND LISA and that was on 3 albums, Around the World in a day, Parade, and Sign o The times, outside of that, its all the little dude from Minnesota, those first 3 albums by the time was all Prince, Morris Day might have a.ssisted from time to time, but those were his projects that he put together, and MJ was great, with his brothers he was great, but even all the Jacksons and ALL THE JACKSONS, from Rebbie to Randy all idolized Prince, Latoya even covered Prince on her first album (remake of Private Joy) and look who MJ tells James Brown to bring up on stage, his idol. PRINCE
Who cares about what he did on his first 5 albums. Dude has dozens of albums and hundreds of songs. Point is he's not as self sufficient and folks make him out to be. He did not write and produce his entire discography.

And mj Idolized prince? Uh its no secret michael was a big fan of prince but idolized him? Really?

The jacksons, especially michael idolized james brown. The same person prince idolized.

Last edited by JamcnPrettyboy; 08-05-2013 at 11:07 AM..
 08-05-2013, 11:00 AM         #136
3rdcoasta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 305Lars said:
im more of a prince fan but Michael wins
 4 years ago '09        #137
klm1015 10 heat pts10
space
space
 Guvnor said:
So MJ set no trends?

Get the entire hell out of here

I think it did.

Highest selling album in the world I believe
I never said he didn't, but sound wise in the 80s Prince set more trends. MJ may have set trends fashion and dance wise, but he didn't do anything revolutionary. He just made amazing music.

Also to everyone in here saying that no one looked up to Prince is silly. For the most part if you have an ounce of talent in R&B either you are sound like MJ or you sound like Prince. Its that simple.
 4 years ago '09        #138
klm1015 10 heat pts10
space
space
 Deuterion said:
You know why kids aren't exposed to it? Because people are not listening to his tracks anymore, why? Because a lot of Prince's music sounds so old and dated..."When Doves Cry" sounds so horrible nowadays with its overly synthesized sound, super reverbed and compressed drums, and its processed vocals. On the flip side you put on Billie Jean which came a year before WDC and it sounds like it came out yesterday. I'm not being biased either...Mike's music is truly timeless and unique. Kids who were born after MJ's death are getting up and dancing to Billie Jean like it's 1984 all over again. It's much more than just exposure...it's about how the music makes you feel, how it resonates with you, and that's something Michael Jackson mastered.

Name another artist who has a recognizable dance routine for each song.

Name another artist who has a recognizable outfit for every song.

Michael Jackson's artistry wasn't just music, it was an experience that engaged you in all senses. You guys can come up with reasons to downplay Mike all you want but there's a reason why the only person known more than him is Jesus. His music, his lyrics, his dancing, his videos, his movies, and etc were some of the best the world has ever seen...and guess what...all of those fit into the definition of ARTISTRY.
I'm sorry but people are still imitating the sound of Purple Rain to this day. The Dream, Alicia Keys, Miguel, the list goes on for artists that have used the sound that Prince made popular.
 4 years ago '05        #139
Emperor85 
space
space
space
$7,865 | Props total: 5660 5660
 tre0624 said:
Im not saying Prince is a nobody but to say Pince made better music is just dumb. Every artist u see on tv when they ask who did u listen to or look up to when u were young. Most say Mj i never heard a motherfu*ker say Prince. He'll always be number #2
thats cause prince sung about s3x and adult sh*t, he didn't make music for children
 4 years ago '09        #140
klm1015 10 heat pts10
space
space
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
73 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
24 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
163 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
88 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
57 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
73 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
71 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
295 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy