Who is the greater artist: Prince or Michael Jackson?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
89 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
35 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
71 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
109 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who is the better artist?
Prince 82 28.98%
Michael Jackson 201 71.02%
Voters: 283. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '10        #81
Sk8bamboo 47 heat pts47
space
space
$1,328 | Props total: 618 618
 ballergenetics said:
Prince made better music, period.
Mike is an entertainer but Prince is another level

[video - click to view]

4 years ago '13        #82
PursuitProgress 
space
space
$1,374 | Props total: 121 121
Best (musical) ARTIST? Most of Mike's best music can be attributed to other people's musical gifts... Prince on the other hand was directly responsible for everything that came out of
Team Purple.... GAME BLOUSES...

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '06        #83
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$29,000 | Props total: 10666 10666
What the fu*k...people really saying prince

Mjs is the greatest of all time
 4 years ago '13        #84
PursuitProgress 
space
space
 fdss said:
Prince been making rock music since the beginning of his career...
Was just about to say ^^^^this.

Last edited by PursuitProgress; 08-04-2013 at 08:14 PM..
 4 years ago '09        #85
59fifty 
space
space
$22,715 | Props total: 10161 10161
My guy Prince hands down

Owwwaaah!

4 years ago '09        #86
59fifty 
space
space
$22,715 | Props total: 10161 10161
Morris Day n da time>>>>mike jack
 4 years ago '13        #87
Chrisdunk 20 heat pts20
space
space
$2,276 | Props total: 5 5
Mike will go down as more of an icon but Prince was definitely the better artist.

Better vocalist. That falsetto.

Better songwriter.

Could play like 20 instruments and was the more versatile artist.
 4 years ago '11        #88
Deuterion 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,392 | Props total: 4432 4432
Musicianship and artistry do not begin or end with playing instruments.

The reality is that you can play a million instruments but if in the end, the result is not as well received as an artist who utilizes a team, it's your fault. Remember, artistry is much bigger than instrumentation, it's about vision, it's about production, it's about having an ear and the ability to create masterpiece records whether you played all the instruments or not. Michael Jackson may not be able to use an MPC 4000 but he was able to beat box what he wanted and have someone else actually program the drums for him...that doesn't make him any less a musician...it just means he doesn't know how to use an MPC 4000.

No one can take anything away from Prince, he's an amazing artist and very technically skilled...but that's within the confines of European music theory. When it comes to raw talent, vision, and production Michael Jackson wins by a mile. He has a stronger, more timeless catalog...his stage shows were much more electrifying as well. But the biggest sign that Michael Jackson is the greatest is the fact that you can put Smooth Criminal on for a toddler right now and they will have that same joy and twinkle in their eye that we had when we first watched it. Prince doesn't have that same effect, his music doesn't resonate with people like Mike's did. You can say it's all because of Quincy and Teddy Riley but why didn't they make another Mike? Why were Mike's records still as awesome when he switched producers? It's because the end results were Mike's vision...

Quincy's hottest tracks were with Mike.

Teddy's hottest records were with Mike.

What's the common denominator in those two statements? Mike.

Last edited by Deuterion; 08-04-2013 at 08:37 PM..
 4 years ago '13        #89
PursuitProgress 
space
space
 HipHopFactz said:
This is like asking who is better Pac or Pac

both

did not vote

ARTIST: a person who works in one of the performing arts, as an actor, musician, or singer; a public performer: a mime artist; an artist of the dance.

Your 100% right man. I let my biased toward Prince sway me. PROPS for being objective!
 4 years ago '13        #90
PursuitProgress 
space
space
 regulate said:
Some of you Princ fans are clueless as fu*k and don't deserve an opinion saying dumbsh*t like that. Michael was an incredible song writer and wrote & composed most of his biggest hits BY HIMSELF. Read the thread before commenting next time.

Calm down there guy, I too think "Mike walked on water" and I've already corrected my position. Nice to people are still passionate though!
 4 years ago '04        #91
TrapBoi 
space
space
$2,046 | Props total: 134 134
Have people looked up the definition of artist and entertainer?! Artist = Prince entertainer = MJ. If you're not biased at all then this isn't even a debate at all
 4 years ago '07        #92
cankstoochie 48 heat pts48
space
space
$16,593 | Props total: 1054 1054
prince does not have a album like Bad

bad >>>>>>> any album prince ever made
 4 years ago '07        #93
JAY-H 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,007 | Props total: 376 376
 Deuterion said:
Musicianship and artistry do not begin or end with playing instruments.

The reality is that you can play a million instruments but if in the end, the result is not as well received as an artist who utilizes a team, it's your fault. Remember, artistry is much bigger than instrumentation, it's about vision, it's about production, it's about having an ear and the ability to create masterpiece records whether you played all the instruments or not. Michael Jackson may not be able to use an MPC 4000 but he was able to beat box what he wanted and have someone else actually program the drums for him...that doesn't make him any less a musician...it just means he doesn't know how to use an MPC 4000.

No one can take anything away from Prince, he's an amazing artist and very technically skilled...but that's within the confines of European music theory. When it comes to raw talent, vision, and production Michael Jackson wins by a mile. He has a stronger, more timeless catalog...his stage shows were much more electrifying as well. But the biggest sign that Michael Jackson is the greatest is the fact that you can put Smooth Criminal on for a toddler right now and they will have that same joy and twinkle in their eye that we had when we first watched it. Prince doesn't have that same effect, his music doesn't resonate with people like Mike's did. You can say it's all because of Quincy and Teddy Riley but why didn't they make another Mike? Why were Mike's records still as awesome when he switched producers? It's because the end results were Mike's vision...

Quincy's hottest tracks were with Mike.

Teddy's hottest records were with Mike.

What's the common denominator in those two statements? Mike.
Co sign my kids love mjs music and they are 4 & 5 mikes music >>> plus from bad on he wrote like 80 % of his material i believe
 4 years ago '05        #94
Emperor85 
space
space
space
$7,884 | Props total: 5696 5696

[video - click to view]

4 years ago '13        #95
Chrisdunk 20 heat pts20
space
space
Mike is the GOAT entertainer and musical icon. Prince is the better artist.

n*ggas catching feelings on here and sh*t.
 4 years ago '11        #96
Deuterion 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,392 | Props total: 4432 4432
 JAY-H said:
Co sign my kids love mjs music and they are 4 & 5 mikes music >>> plus from bad on he wrote like 80 % of his material i believe
Yup...and most of the tracks that Michael Jackson didn't write he hummed the way he wanted the lyrics to flow and then brought a songwriter in to just write the words. On the re-releases of some of his albums they include the demos MJ made which detail the huge role he had in the production of his music. People trying to make him look like he's one of these new age manufactured artists are a joke.

Last edited by Deuterion; 08-04-2013 at 09:06 PM..
 4 years ago '07        #97
JamcnPrettyboy 96 heat pts96
space
space
$23,478 | Props total: 6146 6146
 cheenz said:
it wasn't him!!! that changed they way we watch videos....It was the Record Label hiring Actual Film Directors to give his Videos that Cinema feel....

I Love Mike as Much as everyone else..but come on....

Thriller was Compose and Arrange by Quincey Jones... and a lot of writers...

Check Prince Credits!!!!!

Thats like asking me who's the Better Artist A.Keys or Beyonce!!

I would say A.Keys hands down!!! She can Write a Hit Song by her Self...And Play the Instruments to go with that song!!!

All Beyonce Do is Sing,songs people Write for her..and Dance..

Entertainer=Elvis
Better Artist= Bob Marley
dude are you serious?

anyone who worked with mike would say what a genius he was. he was the creative brilliance behind those music videos/mini-movies. he HIRED directors to carry out his vision

Thriller was not composed and written by quincy and a lot of writers. mike produced much of the songs with quincy and the songs he didnt write he was behind the production of them. Plus every album after Thriller was mostly mike writing and producing the material.

mike also played instruments as well. guitar and piano and some others.

its funny how just because this n*gga didnt get on stage and play an instrument people believe he didnt know how.

im not disregarding prince as an artist but as i said he DID NOT write and produce all his own music. any producers or writers who worked with him put all the credit under his name. he paid them but didnt have their names on the writing and production credits. at least michael wasnt so vain and up his own a.ss that he didnt disregard the people who worked with him.

Last edited by JamcnPrettyboy; 08-04-2013 at 09:07 PM..
 4 years ago '05        #98
Emperor85 
space
space
space
$7,884 | Props total: 5696 5696
prince turned models into stars

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

4 years ago '09        #99
NcAlien 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,434 | Props total: 1353 1353
The Artist formerly known as his panache and style and what he did for the game as not only an artist but a musician>>>

Mike played with kids prince had a stable of bad big titty bishes
 4 years ago '13        #100
Chrisdunk 20 heat pts20
space
space
Am I the only one who thinks both were gay or at least Bi?

MJ was hardly ever seen with women and seemed more feminine than masculine off the stage while Prince did fu*k mad bi*ches but wore some of the most sus sh*t that would put Chris Brown to shame.

Home      

most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
146 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
113 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
143 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
206 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
2 days ago