Who is the greater artist: Prince or Michael Jackson?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
68 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
84 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who is the better artist?
Prince 82 28.98%
Michael Jackson 201 71.02%
Voters: 283. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '04        #61
DJ Maximum|M 48 heat pts48
space
space
$43,391 | Props total: 11747 11747
 Emperor85 said:
have any of you n*ggas ever seen Prince live? beside in Purple Rain, like actually seen Prince with a live Band,give me Prince live singing with his Guitar or on the Piano over Mike dancing and singing on stage, any day of the week
no only first hand accounts from my mom pops and aunts they told me prince puts on a show im not gonna sit her and lie and say i saw him i would like to see him live tho

hes a musician he can do it all
 4 years ago '04        #62
PrisonRules 70 heat pts70
space
space
$26,131 | Props total: 4527 4527
it hard to say.

when you say artists, prince is def more artistic. not only can he sing for real, entertain, he plays all them instruments.

mike can sing and entertain but he cant see prince when it comes to the singing.

not to slight mike, cuz i been a fan since a kid, hell both them get played by me daily on my playlist. its something about mike that when any kid hears the music...they become attached to it like its disney or mcdonalds.

but mike can sing, id compare him to a better version of chris brown vocally. chris cant sing to me, id group him with jennifer lopez and britney spears vocally. u dont hear them fools singing for real. singing for real to me is holding a note effortlessly and stretching the voice.

the thing that seperates mike from other was just all that he embodied. He's like a one man show brehs, he sings, writes and dances like nobody else. hes engaging. i cant think of too many songs where i can be like you this n*gga got pipes.

heres a lil treat for yall

[video - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by PrisonRules; 08-04-2013 at 04:17 PM..
 4 years ago '04        #63
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
$82,015 | Props total: 11817 11817
 Veno da Don said:
Mike better singer, dancer, writer.

Prince better musician, instrumentalist.

It all boils down imo to who made the better sounding songs and imo it's MJ hands down by a mile.
/thread
 4 years ago '13        #64
Erma Gerd 275 heat pts275
space
space
$16,406 | Props total: 18205 18205
Prince. He's a gifted musician and actual talented song writer. MJ owed his career/greatest hits to greater minds like Quincy Jones. Granted MJ had a showmanship that no artist has been able to match, but musically Prince is the better artist.
 4 years ago '04        #65
DrOmango 
space
space
space
$443 | Props total: 49 49
I like both artists. their music is good. I grew up listening to MJ. Performance wise, I think prince does a better job and plays longer and can play instruments. Singing wise, MJ is talented.

I got to see prince few months ago in Austin, TX (samsung private party) and was gonna go see mj until he k!lled himself.

stability point of view, Prince takes it, hes classy, and charming, and still healthy today.

Last edited by DrOmango; 08-04-2013 at 04:31 PM..
 4 years ago '06        #66
Stupid Fresh 183 heat pts183
space
space
$24,238 | Props total: 5042 5042
Michael was attracted to Prince the God

[video - click to view]

4 years ago '07        #67
240ka 49 heat pts49
space
space
$22,348 | Props total: 2063 2063
*fu*k autocorrect.

Should not be compared, honestly. But I will say Prince is a musician and composer *so if I had to *choose...Prince. Mike is the greater entertainer

Last edited by 240ka; 08-04-2013 at 06:32 PM..
 4 years ago '13        #68
DatDude504 6 heat pts
space
space
$759 | Props total: 266 266
 Emperor85 said:

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

4 years ago '09        #69
iamsoulja 182 heat pts182
space
space
$4,546 | Props total: 3806 3806

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

That's why
 4 years ago '13        #70
Guvnor 1122 heat pts1122 OP
space
space
$43,263 | Props total: 12305 12305
 Emperor85 said:
Stop it 5

2godflow said:
it hard to say.

when you say artists, prince is def more artistic. not only can he sing for real, entertain, he plays all them instruments.

mike can sing and entertain but he cant see prince when it comes to the singing.

not to slight mike, cuz i been a fan since a kid, hell both them get played by me daily on my playlist. its something about mike that when any kid hears the music...they become attached to it like its disney or mcdonalds.

but mike can sing, id compare him to a better version of chris brown vocally. chris cant sing to me, id group him with jennifer lopez and britney spears vocally. u dont hear them fools singing for real. singing for real to me is holding a note effortlessly and stretching the voice.

the thing that seperates mike from other was just all that he embodied. He's like a one man show brehs, he sings, writes and dances like nobody else. hes engaging. i cant think of too many songs where i can be like you this n*gga got pipes.

heres a lil treat for yall

[pic - click to view]

I agree with your post but there is only one problem and it is that Michael was the better singer.

I mean you hear how high he can sing.

[pic - click to view]

Stop it man
 240ka said:
Should not be compared, honestly. But I will say prince is a musician and composer to if I had to closer, Prince. Mike is the greater entertainer
This also may be a point

I said this too in my initial argument on here that sparked the creation of this post, although I perfer MJ. They both can't really be compared because there so good at what they do and do different things.

Last edited by Guvnor; 08-04-2013 at 05:36 PM..
 4 years ago '10        #71
kingjab7542 22 heat pts22
space
space
$3,355 | Props total: 587 587
greater artist? Prince
Why? He can put out an album tomorrow
 4 years ago '13        #72
Bacon 1 heat pts
space
space
$74 | Props total: 42 42
Prince without a doubt.
 4 years ago '05        #73
Daddy Black 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,730 | Props total: 2219 2219
Michael Jackson. Compare him to anyone and that will always be my answer.
 4 years ago '12        #74
Julian 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,685 | Props total: 2304 2304
Just the moonwalk move>>>>>>>> Anything Prince ever done. You don't see millions of kids and adults trying to do prince. Stop reaching trying to compare the two.
 4 years ago '07        #75
240ka 49 heat pts49
space
space
$22,348 | Props total: 2063 2063
 Julian said:
Just the moonwalk move>>>>>>>> Anything Prince ever done. You don't see millions of kids and adults trying to do prince. Stop reaching trying to compare the two.
Heres where you fail. MJ didnt create the Moonwalk originally known as the backslide. So...your post fails. It would be different if he didn tbut he didnt.
 4 years ago '08        #76
Lmac 
space
space
space
$2,057 | Props total: 445 445
The thing that is intriguing to me about this comparison is the vocals. A few people have said Prince is the better vocalist but most have said Mike and also cited range as one of the reasons. Then even going further by saying Prince isn't even close to MJ as a vocalist. Interesting...

Those of you saying Mike is the better vocalist, I wouldn't be so quick to say that. His natural tone probably goes higher, but Prince's falsetto is VERY strong and it goes to the sky, and he can go lower than Mike.

I would even say Prince has more power. MJ has the better tone/timbre, but Prince is a superior vocalist otherwise.
 4 years ago '11        #77
Teknishen04 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,364 | Props total: 236 236

That guitar solo on that Fender Telecaster...He needs to drop a rock album and quit bullsh*tting
 4 years ago '13        #78
Guvnor 1122 heat pts1122 OP
space
space
$43,263 | Props total: 12305 12305
 kingjab7542 said:
greater artist? Prince
Why? He can put out an album tomorrow
So can Charles Hamilton?

That doesn't mean it will be good.

Teknishen04 said:

That guitar solo on that Fender Telecaster...He needs to drop a rock album and quit bullsh*tting

Word.. Prince is nasty on the guitar.

But does he have the grittyness to do a rock album and be taken seriously

I mean with the make-up and all that sh*t. He would only come off as prince doing a rock album

But it will be dope though
 4 years ago '04        #79
Mysonne 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,831 | Props total: 2 2
MJ it rhymes with all day
 08-04-2013, 07:33 PM         #80
fdss 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Guvnor said:

But does he have the grittyness to do a rock album and be taken seriously

I mean with the make-up and all that sh*t. He would only come off as prince doing a rock album

But it will be dope though
Prince been making rock music since the beginning of his career...

Last edited by fdss; 08-04-2013 at 07:43 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
112 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
139 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
167 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
129 comments
2 days ago