DMC Thinks People Only Like Jay Z Because of Radio Brainwashing

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
141 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
39 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
47 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden man is in tears after getting robbed of $20,000 by his friends..
36 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '04        #61
octane 
space
space
$3,843 | Props total: 649 649
 dg177bx said:
dmc
public enemy
fontain
and the pioneers , know a puppet when they see one

but of course the fatherless black kids will suck jigga d!ck until the cows come home
You are right. A sucessful black man married to a successful black woman in america is someone you should hate and disrespect. I wish Jay Z was a thousandaire with four baby mamas, tax problems, and in and out of jail. That would be great.
 4 years ago '05        #62
GST 
space
space
$14,827 | Props total: 2395 2395
 PursuitProgress said:
BUT HIS GROUP (& 1st label) PERFECTED! THE MODEL BEING FOLLOWED TODAY! It's well documented that DMC & Run were middle class kids who TOOK ON THE PERSONA OF JAY, a REAL STREET GUY

And NOW that his hay day is long gone he's calling people out for following the sameformula he did.

I wonder if he was thinking this when his group was selling out arenas and had MILLIONS of kids emulating a DRUG DEALER, because he CERTAINLY WASN'T SAYING IT.

Today's music industry AS A WHOLE is flawed because the pursuit of profits supersedes everything! But for DMC to call out Jay Z & others on the quality & message of their music is ironic at best! ... Hi pot, my name is kettle!
bruh man...they didnt promote wreckless activities such as drug selling,gratuitous k!lling and prison bids...all they did was talk shyt about sucka a.ss emcees...foh with that
 4 years ago '05        #63
poeknock 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,727 | Props total: 157 157
As artists, if you dont change with the times you will get left there and be broke in the process. He used Jay and that was a bad example bc ppl been fu*kin wit jay since day 1. He could be talking about his campaign for the MCHG album wit all the marketing but its a new day an you gotta do new sh*t to stay relevant and rich an Jay is doing that x2 so idk why he mad.
 4 years ago '12        #64
Legit Jones 4 heat pts
space
space
$6,669 | Props total: 3944 3944
if you still listen to the radio you deserve to be brainwashed.

i mean you dont have the choice to choose whats being feed to you..
sound like brainwash to me
 4 years ago '11        #65
MakeItHappen456 41 heat pts41
space
space
$6,198 | Props total: 1609 1609
its true, real hiphop fans want to hear joe budden, joel Ortiz, saigon, nas etc....
 4 years ago '10        #66
StoopidVillinz 21 heat pts21
space
space
$8,420 | Props total: 6240 6240
jay showed and proved..thats why hes the mainstream goat...but nas is the over all goat
 4 years ago '10        #67
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
space
$30,730 | Props total: 19626 19626
First it was the illuminati. Then Beyonce. Then Kanye. Now it's brainwashing. What's next?

n*ggas just hate success and popularity. It's crazy.
 4 years ago '07        #68
True Sinister 116 heat pts116
space
space
$22,057 | Props total: 4674 4674
 Hovi Bryant said:
First it was the illuminati. Then Beyonce. Then Kanye. Now it's brainwashing. What's next?

n*ggas just hate success and popularity. It's crazy.
What if some of those are true and others are ludicrous? What if everything isn't black and white.

What if I said that for years and years that music media powers that be been molding opinions and playing on the minds of the weak.
 4 years ago '10        #69
Ant McQueen 16 heat pts16
space
space
$12,532 | Props total: 5867 5867
Take the focus off of Jay's name and look at the issue at the more important issue - " radio brainwashing ".
 4 years ago '08        #70
GoldBluded 536 heat pts536
space
space
$17,858 | Props total: 22563 22563
With this logic i should be a 2 Chains/Lil Wayne/Ciara/Future fan
 4 years ago '07        #71
space
space
 GoldBluded said:
With this logic i should be a 2 Chains/Lil Wayne/Ciara/Future fan
You're oversimplifying it.

It's not that everyone will like everything on the radio, it's that the better stuff on the radio is projected as being the best music altogether. There are many extremely talented people that get ignored because they are not on radio.

Do you think Drake, Cole, and Kendrick are really any better now than they were before they had radio hits? How many people would consider Eminem great before my name is? Was Jay in anyone's top 10 before the radio success? How about the fact that more people bought illmatic after it was written? Anyone into 50 before Wanksta?
 4 years ago '11        #72
whouthinkitis 18 heat pts18
space
space
$8,856 | Props total: 1454 1454
 DJ Maximum said:
show me proof Ive seen people who dont even like jay give it favorable reviews far from average u seem like your still holding the grudge of nas vs jay let that sh*t go and enjoy music

your witnessing greatness appreciate it for what it is
I'm not a Jay fan like that myself but I give credit where it's due MCHG is a good album.
 4 years ago '10        #73
space
space
 True Sinister said:
What if some of those are true and others are ludicrous? What if everything isn't black and white.

What if I said that for years and years that music media powers that be been molding opinions and playing on the minds of the weak.
How does all of this make you look as an individual? You spend time and energy attempting to deduce how Jay-Z cheats success instead of trying to better yourself.

It's crazy. Society is bred to hate successful people, especially when they came from the same background as us, if not worse. I don't even try to waste my time speaking of the topic, but damn, the OP is ridiculously sad.
 4 years ago '05        #74
T.I.G. 
space
space
$447 | Props total: 0 0
 HipHopFactz said:
He aint lying though

Jay can put subpar wack a.ss music such as MCHG and certain media groups d!ck ride the material, push it down ur throat,

when even his own fanbase (non d!ck riding types) are saying its trash

Its the same with Lil Wayne
Opinions is what makes this world great. MCHG is a work of pure art. I've listen to the album several times and still comprehending different parts of it. I come across a lot of people that just dont understand especially the younger crowd
 4 years ago '07        #75
space
space
 Hovi Bryant said:
How does all of this make you look as an individual? You spend time and energy attempting to deduce how Jay-Z cheats success instead of trying to better yourself.

It's crazy. Society is bred to hate successful people, especially when they came from the same background as us, if not worse. I don't even try to waste my time speaking of the topic, but damn, the OP is ridiculously sad.
I don't hate anyone. I also think that success is something that is truly out of our control. We control what work we put in but there is no way to guarantee any outcome. I specifically think that this particular individual has always had help from others to get where he was at. Jaz, Foxy, Dame, Bigges, Biggie, Kanye etc. I think his best ability is to use others. That is literally what hustlers do...get things out of people through manipulation.
 4 years ago '05        #76
T.I.G. 
space
space
$447 | Props total: 0 0
 HipHopFactz said:
Who do you like?
 4 years ago '10        #77
space
space
 True Sinister said:
I don't hate anyone. I also think that success is something that is truly out of our control. We control what work we put in but there is no way to guarantee any outcome. I specifically think that this particular individual has always had help from others to get where he was at. Jaz, Foxy, Dame, Bigges, Biggie, Kanye etc. I think his best ability is to use others. That is literally what hustlers do...get things out of people through manipulation.
Success is not out of anyone's control. The term is subjective.

And Jay-Z has always had help to some degree. Just like everyone else. Nobody makes it on their own in ANYTHING. However, so many of you believe that if it wasn't for x,y,z he wouldn't be successful. There's always an alternative if a person works hard enough. Something I believe he does.

Like I said, this train of thought shows how severely flawed some of you guys are as individuals. But I digress. It's your life.
 4 years ago '04        #78
deadwrong03 89 heat pts89
space
space
space
$4,543 | Props total: 532 532
 trill jackson said:
Hov took this rap sh*t further than any mc ever has point blank period
typical jay z stan response saying sh*t that has absolutely nothing to do with the facts presented in the first post
 4 years ago '13        #79
PursuitProgress 
space
space
$1,374 | Props total: 121 121
 GST said:
bruh man...they didnt promote wreckless activities such as drug selling,gratuitous k!lling and prison bids...all they did was talk shyt about sucka a.ss emcees...foh with that
My man, I'm the LAST person in this thread that needs to be enlightened about the changing messages of Hip-Hop. All I'm saying is DMC's comments make him look like a hypocrite. Especially since he kept quiet when he was making money at the peak of his popularity.

By taking on the persona of a guy who was truly in the streets, rapping about his sneakers ("my Adidas") & other material possessions, DMC helped PLANT THE SEEDS of the tree he is NOW criticizing ...

It's the equivalent of Snoop calling out Wiz for glorifying the abuse of marijuana ...
 4 years ago '13        #80
PursuitProgress 
space
space
$1,374 | Props total: 121 121
Brainwashing then...

[pic - click to view]

Brainwashing now...

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
73 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
24 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
163 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
88 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
57 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
71 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
73 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
46 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy