DMC Thinks People Only Like Jay Z Because of Radio Brainwashing

most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
102 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
232 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
31 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Big Baller Brand Shoe Review
55 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '07        #41
True Sinister 117 heat pts117
space
space
$22,109 | Props total: 4722 4722
Am I the only one that remembers that old video of Nas performing Ether on stage and DMC coincidentally coming on stage to congratulate Nas and say how proud he felt?
 4 years ago '04        #42
erickonasis 20 heat pts20
space
space
$26,884 | Props total: 17436 17436
he's %10000 right
 4 years ago '10        #43
trill jackson 739 heat pts739
space
space
$18,871 | Props total: 13336 13336
"1st the fat boys break up then everyday I wake up somebody got a problem with hov, what's all the fu*kin fussin for? Because I'm grubbing more? And I pack heat like I'm the oven door?" He said that sh*t in 2001 and the words are just as true right now
 4 years ago '07        #44
True Sinister 117 heat pts117
space
space
$22,109 | Props total: 4722 4722
 trill jackson said:
"1st the fat boys break up then everyday I wake up somebody got a problem with hov, what's all the fu*kin fussin for? Because I'm grubbing more? And I pack heat like I'm the oven door?" He said that sh*t in 2001 and the words are just as true right now
You really think Jay is armed? I don't think you have to be brilliant to realize people will criticize you.
 4 years ago '11        #45
Norcal 78 heat pts78
space
space
$11,818 | Props total: 1220 1220
People still listen to the radio
 4 years ago '13        #46
kwest 4040 1 heat pts
space
space
$479 | Props total: 163 163
embracing the hate
this is the new generation of hip hop and people dont understand that jov is the last illest mainstream r*per that we have in the game.
 4 years ago '11        #47
Chad09 160 heat pts160
space
space
$10,966 | Props total: 637 637
That Camel brainwashing
 4 years ago '11        #48
dejordan 
space
space
$2,539 | Props total: 288 288
he's very right.
 4 years ago '13        #49
SWAYYZE 20 heat pts20
space
space
$15,872 | Props total: 10033 10033
I feel this nicca and JAY was pass the torch indirectly when Pac(HIPHOP GOAT) and Big(NY GOAT) were murked. JAY went on to commercialize HIP HOP. Look at all his singles etc.. What we see in rap/HIP HOP was damn near exclusively ushered in by JAY..

Can I Get A...

"Money, Cash, Hoes"

"Jigga What, Jigga Who"

"Jigga My n*gga"

"Do It Again (Put Ya Hands Up)"

"Big Pimpin" (Made JAY a success down south along with Juve's HA remix also)

"I Just Wanna Love U (Give It 2 Me)"

Girls, Girls, Girls"

"Izzo (H.O.V.A.)"

"Jigga That n*gga"

"'03 Bonnie & Clyde"

"Excuse Me Miss"

"Hovi Baby"

"Change Clothes"

"Dirt Off Your Shoulder"

"99 Problems"

"Empire State of Mind"

"Run This Town"

"D.O.A. (death of Auto-Tune)" The hater of all hater songs

Give em a catchy single and the album can be trash... They'll buy it.. The Blue Print..

I rest my case.. All this nicca singles were bubble gum rap.. Made for radio and POP culture.. I get it though,but it's clear this is not what these old school cats call hip hop . I agree with them..
 4 years ago '06        #50
NCAT_Boi 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,518 | Props total: 19 19
When I don't have the iPod plugged in, I've heard at least three songs from that MCHG on the radio in constant rotation...and it is clear that radio stations cycle at least every hour to hour and a half. I can go to work with a song on the radio, get off from work and the same song is on in the exact place it was when I cut the car off. Radio in a sense can be brainwashing. If you hear something enough, even though you hate it, you'll find yourself humming or singing it on your personal time.
 4 years ago '04        #51
DJ Maximum|M 48 heat pts48
space
space
$43,391 | Props total: 11739 11739
 dopemental said:
I feel this nicca and JAY was pass the torch indirectly when Pac(HIPHOP GOAT) and Big(NY GOAT) were murked. JAY went on to commercialize HIP HOP. Look at all his singles etc.. What we see in rap/HIP HOP was damn near exclusively ushered in by JAY..

Can I Get A...

"Money, Cash, Hoes"

"Jigga What, Jigga Who"

"Jigga My n*gga"

"Do It Again (Put Ya Hands Up)"

"Big Pimpin" (Made JAY a success down south along with Juve's HA remix also)

"I Just Wanna Love U (Give It 2 Me)"

Girls, Girls, Girls"

"Izzo (H.O.V.A.)"

"Jigga That n*gga"

"'03 Bonnie & Clyde"

"Excuse Me Miss"

"Hovi Baby"

"Change Clothes"

"Dirt Off Your Shoulder"

"99 Problems"

"Empire State of Mind"

"Run This Town"

"D.O.A. (death of Auto-Tune)" The hater of all hater songs

Give em a catchy single and the album can be trash... They'll buy it.. The Blue Print..

I rest my case.. All this nicca singles were bubble gum rap.. Made for radio and POP culture.. I get it though,but it's clear this is not what these old school cats call hip hop . I agree with them..
Wrong so if you say this then ur saying all jays albums were trash

thats obviously not true jay doesnt make anybody buy his albums they buy them because they want to Im starting to think people just hate jay-z in general. They overlook the music and go straight to the artist to attack him or give the reasons why they dont like his music based off him.

I think people need to print out these lyrics to his albums read em and then re-evaluate calling music trash or garbage. Theres no way that some of these verses he be spitting is unimpressive. I refuse to believe it. Take girls girls girls for a example yeah he is talking about women but look at the lyrics and how he put it in perspective in order its dope from a hip hop stand point.
 4 years ago '05        #52
hbk83 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,034 | Props total: 1226 1226
Its hard to make that claim when reasonable doubt is considered a classic album, which most fans of jay became fans off that album
 4 years ago '05        #53
hbk83 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,034 | Props total: 1226 1226
 Curtisimo said:
Didn't Run DMC did the same sh*t collaborating with Aerosmith thats what actually got hiphop on the airwaves

How you gon sh*t on jigga when them n*ggaz and all hiphop artist past and present are guilty of the same damn thing

Its like n*ggaz is mad Jay-z mastered the game of marketing and selling music
I listen to "You dont Know" off the blueprint all the time, and he explains how to be successful and how he did it different, certain songs off each album he foreshadows his future. People don't pay attention
 4 years ago '04        #54
PrisonRules 70 heat pts70
space
space
$26,131 | Props total: 4527 4527
 True Sinister said:
You really think Jay is armed? I don't think you have to be brilliant to realize people will criticize you.
"You see me with a bodyguard that means police is watchin
And I only use his waist to keep my glock in
But when sh*t goes down you know who's doin the poppin"

"i dont got a gun on me, I got a sum on me to hire a gun army"
 4 years ago '04        #55
dog4life 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,613 | Props total: 286 286
 DJ Maximum said:
jay records are not even played on the radio heavily tho

other than n*ggas in paris I dont see how you could be radio brainwashed

jay has a loyal fan base thats why he sells records it has nothing to do with radio

He may be right about hip hop music not being as positive as it was in the 80's but the brainwash

People dont listen to the radio nowadays as much anyway

all these pioneers coming at hov head
i agree i hate listening to the radio because it is filled with trash a.ss music.
 4 years ago '05        #56
GST 
space
space
$14,834 | Props total: 2407 2407
bitter or not the bottom line is he's correct...it's not cool to have morals...it's a battle to see who can live the most wreckless and the person who can do it the most w/o dying is the current winner...that is what rap music has come to and this generation's mentality is so fukd they think thas the way to live
 4 years ago '05        #57
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
$25,243 | Props total: 9651 9651
So many things wrong in here...
 4 years ago '13        #58
PursuitProgress 
space
space
$1,374 | Props total: 121 121
 GST said:
bitter or not the bottom line is he's correct...it's not cool to have morals...it's a battle to see who can live the most wreckless and the person who can do it the most w/o dying is the current winner...that is what rap music has come to and this generation's mentality is so fukd they think thas the way to live
BUT HIS GROUP (& 1st label) PERFECTED! THE MODEL BEING FOLLOWED TODAY! It's well documented that DMC & Run were middle class kids who TOOK ON THE PERSONA OF JAY, a REAL STREET GUY

And NOW that his hay day is long gone he's calling people out for following the sameformula he did.

I wonder if he was thinking this when his group was selling out arenas and had MILLIONS of kids emulating a DRUG DEALER, because he CERTAINLY WASN'T SAYING IT.

Today's music industry AS A WHOLE is flawed because the pursuit of profits supersedes everything! But for DMC to call out Jay Z & others on the quality & message of their music is ironic at best! ... Hi pot, my name is kettle!

Last edited by PursuitProgress; 08-04-2013 at 07:54 AM..
 4 years ago '04        #59
R. Joven 17 heat pts17
space
space
$5,126 | Props total: 65 65
 trill jackson said:
I always thought the "pack heat / over door" line was so weak... as well as the "hit the ground / bounce up / round ball" line...
 4 years ago '04        #60
R. Joven 17 heat pts17
space
space
$5,126 | Props total: 65 65
 hbk83 said:
Its hard to make that claim when reasonable doubt is considered a classic album, which most fans of jay became fans off that album
That's not true.

Reasonable Doubt was certified platinum in 2002. Vol. 1 was was certified platinum in 1999. Vol. 2, on the other hand, was certified platinum in 1998. If anything, that's the album that got him the plurality of fans...
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
98 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
105 comments
24 hours ago