DMC Thinks People Only Like Jay Z Because of Radio Brainwashing

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
96 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
94 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
130 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
284 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '11        #21
whouthinkitis 18 heat pts18
space
space
$8,860 | Props total: 1469 1469
DMC is speaking truth but anytime anybody from the old school era from Hip-Hop speaks about another artist with rationale they are label as bitter old rappers. Nah, that ain't the case he tell the truth exactly as it is.

Look at the sales charts in Hip-Hop now and look how pitiful they look when they drop every Tuesday. It sad that only a handful of artists along with Jay-z goes platinum or they play the same 10-12 songs on the radio everyday. I stopped listening to radio on a regular basis back in '99 when Hot Boyz & Roc-A-Fella started that bling-bling era and every other idiot tried to duplicate it.
 4 years ago '08        #22
T2THEONE 859 heat pts859
space
space
$6,450 | Props total: 1678 1678
 Agentzer0oo0 said:
I get why he's saying it BUT, you can't change the world if people don't wanna change with you.

Look at Nas for example, in 2003 he tried to push I Can as a single, which was very uplifting, a song squarely directed to kids & young people yet people went on with their daily lives, doing the same ol sh*t.

In the 80's & early 90's when you had Kool Moe Dee, KRS-One, Queen Latifah all trying to be on that empower the black youth movement because there was hope. You think there's hope now with the technologic boom & a much easier way to get illegal money? Then to add to it you have older kids being direct negative influences, smoking weed, bringing in multiple kids in the world. Try and kick that taking responsibility sh*t in Chicago and see how far that gets you.

The days of rappers being positive role models died a long time ago, parents gotta step up to the plate.
 4 years ago '10        #23
Ant McQueen 16 heat pts16
space
space
$12,543 | Props total: 5874 5874
Personally, I took what he was saying more so as a shot aimed towards the corporations (namely Clear Channel) that control how radio rations out airtime. He just used Jay's (and the others') name(s) to animate his idea.

A question that can be asked is, " how hot would this record be if a playlist didn't mandate x amount of spins? "

Just my 2 cents (as worthless as they may be).
 08-03-2013, 05:09 PM         #24
dlettern 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
He's right though..I'm glad cats are opening their eyes now

"My presence is charity" - Jay Z
 4 years ago '04        #25
DJ Maximum|M 48 heat pts48
space
space
$43,376 | Props total: 11678 11678
 Lance5 said:
Magna carta is widely considered as an average album...
show me proof Ive seen people who dont even like jay give it favorable reviews far from average u seem like your still holding the grudge of nas vs jay let that sh*t go and enjoy music

your witnessing greatness appreciate it for what it is
 4 years ago '10        #26
BiZz 67 heat pts67
space
space
$5,444 | Props total: 6 6
I never really fell for the whole Jay thing. He's always been just average to me. MCHG had some dope beats, But jay himself is garbage with the rhymes.
 08-03-2013, 05:19 PM         #27
WMYakballzWM 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
jay loves himself. alittle to much. how can people feed his ego.
 4 years ago '04        #28
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,433 | Props total: 6484 6484
i don't know why people point to jay-z for these types of things.

if you want to get upset about how rap/hip-hop is. you can't put it all on one mans door step.

and jay-z only got one number hit as the main artist i don't see how he had radio brainwashing THAT MUCH
 4 years ago '07        #29
Root Of Evil 56 heat pts56
space
space
$11,914 | Props total: 573 573

old n*ggas mad at the GOAT because they couldnt remain relevant
 08-03-2013, 05:38 PM         #30
Throbbin' Thicke 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This a bullsh*t argument. Jay ain't even on the radio like that. If there's one person i hear on the radio more than anyone is future. Jay wasn't even dominating the radio when wtt dropped. Just sounds like a n*gga hating
 4 years ago '13        #31
HipHopFactz 437 heat pts437
space
space
$31,072 | Props total: 38422 38422
 BiZz said:
I never really fell for the whole Jay thing. He's always been just average to me. MCHG had some dope beats, But jay himself is garbage with the rhymes.
 4 years ago '10        #32
trill jackson 738 heat pts738
space
space
$18,867 | Props total: 13320 13320
Dmc probably thinks hocs art video bit the rock box video
 4 years ago '07        #33
True Sinister 117 heat pts117
space
space
$22,087 | Props total: 4711 4711
 Avitos Way said:
This a bullsh*t argument. Jay ain't even on the radio like that. If there's one person i hear on the radio more than anyone is future. Jay wasn't even dominating the radio when wtt dropped. Just sounds like a n*gga hating
So you're saying WTT, Clique, BP3, and all of that didn't get radio play?

I hear some Jay on the radio.
 4 years ago '04        #34
DJ Maximum|M 48 heat pts48
space
space
$43,376 | Props total: 11678 11678
 True Sinister said:
So you're saying WTT, Clique, BP3, and all of that didn't get radio play?

I hear some Jay on the radio.
but he isnt dominating the radio tho it aint like every 15 min you hear a song jay featured on or his song. Lil Wayne would be a canidate you hear every 15 min. Jay is just being used as a scape goat, because of his influence and fame.
 4 years ago '11        #35
apexape 13 heat pts13
space
space
$3,093 | Props total: 1335 1335
Dang these old heads are all coming out to hate hov. But why
 4 years ago '10        #36
trill jackson 738 heat pts738
space
space
$18,867 | Props total: 13320 13320
Hov took this rap sh*t further than any mc ever has point blank period
 4 years ago '04        #37
PrisonRules 70 heat pts70
space
space
$26,130 | Props total: 4525 4525
was at barbershop and someone said he doing a show here.

i said dmc as in run dmc?

n*ggas said yea.

i aint know this n*gga was touring. i aint know n*ggas would pay to see him. dont he have a vocal problem where he loses breath or something tho?
 4 years ago '12        #38
Mr Fujaveli 36 heat pts36
space
space
$23,452 | Props total: 12815 12815
I've always said the same thing, this world is full of robots, nobody has their own opinion, I agree lots of people do like jayz but most of his so called fans say they love him cause they feel they suppose to....every jayz fan I've ever met can't name 10 not sinlge jay songs, sh*t sad

I have friends who are the same with Pac tho, say he's the best and don't no anything outside of Changes, Cali Love, Dear Mama etc
 4 years ago '06        #39
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,680 | Props total: 8631 8631
jayz is marketing his albums better than other artist you can't look at it as if everybody is listening to jay because he is jayz.

some people are brainwashed but some even hardcore jayz fan don't like MCHG.

its all about marketing Jay is no different than some of these big name white artist marketed every where like their greatest thing walking.

I agree with DMC tho but what he is saying you can apply that with alot things in life.
 4 years ago '10        #40
Dextromethorphan 217 heat pts217
space
space
space
$27,807 | Props total: 13 13
jya z is nice but people are really brain washed over him. him marrying beyonce has helped him greatly
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
34 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
99 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
57 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
14 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Drink Champs: Jim Jones (4 hours long)
65 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
25 comments
2 days ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy