Folks Are Paying An Absurd Amount For A Weed Emoticon On Steam

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
78 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 Cent Says Jay Z Will Fail In Boxing Promotion....and he was right
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
208 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
10 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 4 years ago '04        #41
W24x55 50 heat pts50
space
space
$12,338 | Props total: 11055 11055
This thread is hilarious.
 4 years ago '06        #42
SharpenUrSword 2 heat pts
space
space
$10,050 | Props total: 4405 4405
Well then they probabaly spend 40$ on other icons too. Cant just be the leaf.
 4 years ago '04        #43
cold_young_thug 40 heat pts40
space
space
$9,605 | Props total: 1773 1773
#NerdProblems. n*ggas playing with trading cards and sh*t! Might as well pull your pokemon cards back out f*ggots.
 08-05-2013, 07:37 AM         #44
tj.iscool 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Based_One said:
Never understood why n*gga go out of they way to let you know they smoke sh*t dumb as fu*k.
 Flawless Image said:
came in to say this,its like people think they cooler cause they smoke weed or some sh*t
this.....sh*t stupid as fukk just like fools who post
weed pics on Instagram & Twitter all day everyday

I wish they put them n*ggas in jail for a few days to
reevaluate their life
 4 years ago '06        #45
space
space
 tj.iscool said:
this.....sh*t stupid as fukk just like fools who post
weed pics on Instagram & Twitter all day everyday

I wish they put them n*ggas in jail for a few days to
reevaluate their life
You lost for having a twitter and instagram...should also be jailed forthat.
 4 years ago '12        #46
noverum 
space
space
$2,867 | Props total: 1649 1649
 Left Hook said:
You're missing the point - read the thread title again. They're paying almost $40 for an emoticon. Let that sink in.

We're not arguing about what's cool and what's not. I could care less about people's smoking habits. What is interesting, though, is that people are prepared to go to great lengths just to slap a .JPEG on their screens. It's a little worrying.

But hey, who am I to micromanage their finances?
This thread really is a demonstration of how, when somebody is desperately committed to concealing their insecurities, they'll overlook blatantly critical information in an attempt to portray themselves in the best possible light and make their own reflections easier to confront.

The people defending this bullsh*t are conveniently ignoring the fact that - as you said - these attention wh0ores are paying an absurdly disproportionate amount of money for what is nothing but a minuscule emoticon; which suggests to me that some of the posters in this thread are active participants in this juvenile, vain nonsense.

If it was just a bunch of 15 year olds, then it'd be easier to digest; but there is little justification for any adult who is prepared to shamelessly invest even a cent into something so superficially trivial - and that's not because maturity means shedding oneself of any semblance of childhood, but because an emoticon is the embodiment of vanity. Investing any money at all into your online persona exposes hollowness of character - the more you spend, the shallower you are - and no amount of pothead emoticons can fill that void.

Last edited by noverum; 08-05-2013 at 01:44 PM..
 4 years ago '06        #47
space
space
 noverum said:
This thread really is a demonstration of how, when somebody is desperately committed to concealing their insecurities, they'll overlook blatantly critical information in an attempt to portray themselves in the best possible light and make their own reflections easier to confront.

The people defending this bullsh*t are conveniently ignoring the fact that - as you said - these attention wh0ores are paying an absurdly disproportionate amount of money for what is nothing but a minuscule emoticon; which suggests to me that some of the posters in this thread are active participants in this juvenile, vain nonsense.

If it was just a bunch of 15 year olds, then it'd be easier to digest; but there is little justification for any adult who is prepared to shamelessly invest even a cent into something so superficially trivial - and that's not because maturity means shedding oneself of any semblance of childhood, but because an emoticon is the embodiment of vanity. Investing any money at all into your online persona exposes hollowness of character - the more you spend, the shallower you are - and no amount of pothead emoticons can fill that void.
Im just defending the fact that its silly to even think about, no matter what side youre on. Its not sad that someone spent 40$ on a pot leaf icon. Since people are spending 40$ on pot leaves, how much are they spending on other icons

Although i hate the logic if it doesnt concern you then why are you worried about it. I feel like that really does apply in this case. Just because you see a pot leaf, and that person may have spent more $$$ on it then you deem fit, doesnt mean theyve lost their mind. It just means you are looking too far into it. That person could of made that their icon for thousands of random reasons and whatever they spent might just be a drop in the bucket

They spend the money/trade because they want to and are given the option to. Everything is relative and your personal standards should not involved in this equation.

Why would any adult waste time catching feelings about a pot sign that someone may have spent more than what you deem as "right"? Someone with that brain of a 15 yr old.
 4 years ago '12        #48
Faythung 1389 heat pts1389
space
space
$15,191 | Props total: 9800 9800
People really mad posting paragraphs and sh*t? Who cares if someone else is buying a damn emoticon.
 4 years ago '06        #49
space
space
 Msirae said:
People really mad posting paragraphs and sh*t? Who cares if someone else is buying a damn emoticon.
Not mad in the slightest, just bringing my logic into the equation
 4 years ago '12        #50
noverum 
space
space
$2,867 | Props total: 1649 1649
 SharpenUrSword said:
Im just defending the fact that its silly to even think about, no matter what side youre on. Its not sad that someone spent 40$ on a pot leaf icon. Since people are spending 40$ on pot leaves, how much are they spending on other icons

Although i hate the logic if it doesnt concern you then why are you worried about it. I feel like that really does apply in this case. Just because you see a pot leaf, and that person may have spent more $$$ on it then you deem fit, doesnt mean theyve lost their mind. It just means you are looking too far into it. That person could of made that their icon for thousands of random reasons and whatever they spent might just be a drop in the bucket

They spend the money/trade because they want to and are given the option to. Everything is relative and your personal standards should not involved in this equation.

Why would any adult waste time catching feelings about a pot sign that someone may have spent more than what you deem as "right"? Someone with that brain of a 15 yr old.
Not catching feelings - I just felt like illustrating the senseless vanity at play in this situation with as much impact as possible. They can spend their money however they like, and the sane amongst us can sh*t on them for being so wastefully shallow as well. Meanwhile, Valve is laughing all the way to the bank.

Ultimately, this isn't about money or emoticons - this is all about standards.
 4 years ago '06        #51
space
space
Yeah but i mean why is it all about standards? Whos standards? Yours?

This is really nothing more than people spending money on something they want. Same reason you may cop adidas instead of the cheapest shoe at walmart. Or the same reason one may go to famous footwear and get a 60$ pair of shoes instead of a 20$ pair somewhere else. Or you may want a nice polo that is absurdly overpriced. Like, why not buy an 8 pack of hanes plain tees and rock them until the arm pits are so discolored that they are just too raunchy to wear. Yeah, you can argue standards, but thats not gonna work for me.

Wastefully shallow can be applied in so many circumstances its not even funny man. If we could all live more like turtleman in the backwoods of kentucky with no running water the world would be a better place.

And trust me i hate the idea of money, credit, there being no cap on private student loan interest rates. Money is just a piece of paper with a number on it. A 20$ bill and a 50$ bill are printed on the same damn type of paper yet youre telling me that one is worth more than the other? All because some workers lined up the 50$ stencil instead of the 20$ stencil...

When comparing products that are for sale and cost a fraction of what they are sold for, were all getting are buttholes blown out...thats reality.
 4 years ago '07        #52
I bleed GREEN 34 heat pts34
space
space
$22,627 | Props total: 17856 17856
 whodatb1 said:
proud of the fact idiots like you think pot smokers cant function or something but then hop in a car with drunk friends ....... idiots......

proud i dispel all the dummies who think weed smokers are losers ...... i have had credits on everything from albums to video games .... i have a college education ...... played professionally in france ...... currently run and create youth development programs and also a head varsity coach .......

yup ... sad life ......

as i said ... idiots like you .......

and im defending motivated... i do this because i enjoy doing it... not because it looks cool or my friends do it SMOKERS ...... there are those that give it a bad name like everything else .... there are bad drinkers.. gamblers.... eaters.... shoppers ......
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
47 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
100 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
62 comments
22 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
22 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
73 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy