Aug 1 - Piece Of Jesus' Cross Found?

most viewed right now
 NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
29 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
153 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA CHARLES BARKELY JUST PUNCHED SHAQ AND RAN FOR HIS LIFE :mjlmao:
21 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
182 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '05        #1
11708 pageviews
153 comments

bobbysteels18 663 heat pts663
space
space
space
$7,602 | Props total: 2509 2509
Aug 1 - Piece Of Jesus' Cross Found?

Piece Of Jesus' Cross Found? Archaeologists Discover 'Holy Thing' In Balatlar Church In Turkey

Archaeologists working in Turkey believe they have found a piece of the cross that Jesus was crucified on.

While excavating the ancient Balatlar Church, a seventh-century building in Sinop, Turkey, on the shores of the Black Sea, they uncovered a stone chest that contained objects that may be directly connected with Jesus Christ.

Excavation head Professor Gülgün Köroğlu definitively stated:

We have found a holy thing in a chest. It is a piece of a cross, and we think it was [part of the cross on which Jesus was crucified]. This stone chest is very important to us. It has a history and is the most important artifact we have unearthed so far.
The stone chest has been taken to a laboratory for further testing. However, the appearance of the chest suggests that it was a repository for the relics of a holy person, according to the team, who showed reporters at the site a stone with crosses carved into it.

Many churches claim to possess relics of the so-called "true cross," though the authenticity of the items is not fully accepted by scholars and scientists. Protestant theologian John Calvin noted that, "if all the pieces that could be found were collected together, they would make a big ship-load," referring specifically to the cross. On the other hand, the 19th-century French archaeologist Charles Rohault de Fleury supposedly said that all of the catalogued relics would only make up less than a third of the mass of a roughly 12-foot-high cross.

But what originally happened to Jesus' cross, and why has it turned up now? Legend says that Emperor Constantine's mother, Helena, found the cross in Jerusalem and distributed pieces of the wood to religious leaders in Jerusalem, Rome, and Constantinople.

Balatlar Church, built in 660, has proved an especially rich dig site, as Köroğlu mentioned that in addition to the stone chest, her team has found the ruins of an ancient Roman bath and more than 1,000 human skeletons since they started working in 2009.

This discovery provides further evidence of the historical Jesus, a man who really existed in ancient Palestine, who is the subject of the much-publicized book "Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth," by Reza Aslan.

visit this link Piece Of Jesus' Cross Found? Archaeologists Discover 'Holy Thing' In Balatlar Church In Turkey

153 comments for "Aug 1 - Piece Of Jesus' Cross Found?"

4 years ago '11        #2
Dray 1187 heat pts1187
space
space
$59,313 | Props total: 25142 25142
turkey though...
 4 years ago '06        #3
Kick Dayez 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,686 | Props total: 254 254
This discovery provides further evidence of the historical Jesus, a man who really existed in ancient Palestine,
no. it doesnt.

good article, other than that very last sentence, which is a false statement and an obvious incicator of the authors' religious bias
 4 years ago '07        #4
kuntree_swagger 14 heat pts14
space
space
$2,041 | Props total: 32 32
they just trying to make jesus be white.....how can you deny that jesus was a morish......the bible even say, skin the color of cooper and hair black like sheeps wool.....
 4 years ago '07        #5
djdeez1211 
space
space
$776 | Props total: 7 7
 Jayg36 said:

The entire article is about Jesus bruh....u can't be that dumb. I refuse to believe it
 4 years ago '04        #6
matelyan 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,872 | Props total: 1907 1907

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '09        #7
K0ntrast 63 heat pts63
space
space
$29,685 | Props total: 13204 13204
jesus was not the only person crucified
 4 years ago '05        #8
hanzo 16 heat pts16
space
space
$4,960 | Props total: 1429 1429

[video - click to view]

4 years ago '04        #9
#RAPTORSWON 228 heat pts228
space
space
$22,257 | Props total: 2707 2707
I love telling religious ppl that jesus never existed... they hit me with the then I hit them with the facts them they hit me with the
 4 years ago '09        #10
ill 800 64 heat pts64
space
space
$9,089 | Props total: 269 269
 RaptorsWon said:
I love telling religious ppl that jesus never existed... they hit me with the then I hit them with the facts them they hit me with the
Lmao how about I hit you with some facts homes?!

Jesus did exist in fact there is more historical evidence for Jesus than many other famous figures from centuries ago. This is something that all respected scholars agree on. If you'd like I'll post the sources because there are at least nine of them and no, they weren't Christians.

But in the meantime, please hit me with your "facts"

Last edited by ill 800; 08-02-2013 at 11:02 AM..
 4 years ago '13        #11
Impeccable 208 heat pts208
space
space
$14,805 | Props total: 913 913
n*ggas out here really say Jesus never existed?

n*ggas usually just say that Christianity doesn't exist but now Jesus doesn't exist

You athiests k!ll me

But but big bang theory created this world
 4 years ago '11        #12
acclaimedknives 63 heat pts63
space
space
$9,402 | Props total: 1022 1022
 Impeccable said:
n*ggas out here really say Jesus never existed?

n*ggas usually just say that Christianity doesn't exist but now Jesus doesn't exist

You athiests k!ll me

But but big bang theory created this world
what makes a muslim like me laugh at both you atheists and Christians is your stupid belief that science cannot be a creation of God. Islam says that God created laws of the universe to regulate it self, like evolution, physics, gravity etc. The Quran even alludes to a big bang, I can't remember the passage but it speaks of an outward motion/explosion from a tight cluster which basically means the big bang...

cross worshippers and atheists lost
 4 years ago '13        #13
space
space
 acclaimedknives said:
what makes a muslim like me laugh at both you atheists and Christians is your stupid belief that science cannot be a creation of God. Islam says that God created laws of the universe to regulate it self, like evolution, physics, gravity etc. The Quran even alludes to a big bang, I can't remember the passage but it speaks of an outward motion/explosion from a tight cluster which basically means the big bang...

cross worshippers and atheists lost

God created the Earth in islam the same way he did in Christianity/Judea
 4 years ago '11        #14
acclaimedknives 63 heat pts63
space
space
$9,402 | Props total: 1022 1022
No, in islam we don't believe it was 7 literal days and we don't believe that God needed to rest after it...
 4 years ago '04        #15
space
space
 ill 800 said:
Lmao how about I hit you with some facts homes?!

Jesus did exist in fact there is more historical evidence for Jesus than many other famous figures from centuries ago. This is something that all respected scholars agree on. If you'd like I'll post the sources because there are at least nine of them and no, they weren't Christians.

But in the meantime, please hit me with your "facts"
Go ahead show me your facts
 4 years ago '13        #16
space
space
 acclaimedknives said:
No, in islam we don't believe it was 7 literal days and we don't believe that God needed to rest after it...
 4 years ago '04        #17
EKEK 825 heat pts825
space
space
$7,076 | Props total: 1397 1397
This discovery provides further evidence of the historical Jesus, a man who really existed in ancient Palestine, who is the subject of the much-publicized book "Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth," by Reza Aslan.
first its the kingdom of Israel and Judah not ancient 'Palestine' second is yehoshua not jesus.
 08-02-2013, 01:04 PM         #18
PsYchiC SmaRt 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
What if there were Jesus copy cats being crucified all over the region?
 4 years ago '05        #19
C19932 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,791 | Props total: 78 78
 RaptorsWon said:
Lmao @ having facts about jesus's nonexistence
 4 years ago '04        #20
space
space
 C19932 said:
Lmao @ having facts about jesus's nonexistence
Just as many facts of him actually existing

Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
25 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
61 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
51 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
88 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
202 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
79 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy