most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
69 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
97 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 08-03-2013, 12:08 PM         #101
J-Dogg 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 illmatic826 said:
Major props

Hova Stans willingly choose to ingnore all the L's Jay has accumulated. yet they nitpick at nas' personal life to come up with L's

This is a pic of R.kelly s3xing a teen girl.

[pic - click to view]

If nas would have released two albums with a man who was facing child pr0n charges They would all scream Nas Lost.

When jay does it it goes completely ignored no one mentions those albums.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

No one ever mentions the fact that Jay has not been spotted with any woman prior to with getting Beyonce. who is 12 years younger than him.

No one talks about this wack a.ss single

[pic - click to view]

Or this one

[pic - click to view]

He Saw Puffy and mase in shiny suits and flashy vids so he went and copied that.

[pic - click to view]

Hip Hop has alway been about holding ya boys down and having everyones back. Beans was always ready to ride for jay and he left him hanging

Memph Bleeks Career counts as an L for Jay.

Jay totally mismanaged State Property. one of the few groups where all the members could flow.

He fronted like he owned the Nets, come to find out the n*gga has a portion so small he cant even hiring the cleaning crew.

He "sells" his portion of an NBA team to become a sports manager ? HUH?

I mean. If Mark Cuban sold the mavericks so he could become Nowitskis manager would you guys think thats a great business move?

Kingdom come was trash
Plus BP3 was Trash.

Jay wont do an album with Nas but will do an album with Kanye? a dope producer but dude doesnt even write his own rhymes anymore.

I have Jay-Z & Nas in my personal top 5, maybe even top 3. So I'm not biased towards either, but most of you said here is blatantly wrong. The Best Of Both Worlds was recorded before the teen s3x tapes hit the streets and if I'm not mistaken, music had already been released from the project. The album still did over a million, even though Jay-Z refused to a.ssociate with or promote the LP in any way. Unfinished Business was a collection of reheated leftovers from the first album, so of course the label will toss it out for a quick buck. We're also forgetting that R. Kelly is a far bigger selling artist than he gets credit for. Dude sold 23 million off his first four albums in the US alone. Had two triple platinum, two platinum, and one gold album since his s3x scandal. No label is going to leave that album on the shelf.

I couldn't care less who Jay-Z was with before Beyonce, so I won't touch that one. And Jay is 15 albums deep if you count the R. Kelly/Kanye collabs, so a couple of terrible singles were bound to happen, no one bats a thousand. I agree with the fact that the Puffy collab was atrocious and by far the biggest L he's ever had, musically. At least until Forever Young dropped.

How is Memphis Bleek's career an L? Dude is a C-grade rapper at best and Jay guided him to almost 2 million sold over his career. I actually liked The Understanding, I had a store bought copy. Bleek isn't amazing, but he had some talent.

State Property mismanaged themselves. Beanie Sigel & Peedi Crakk both should have had long careers, but let drugs & the street lifestyle slow them down. State Property got to drop two albums, Young Gunz got to drop two albums, same for Freeway. Beanie himself was promoted very well for someone who didn't make mainstream music. When the Roc broke up, it seemed like Beans & Peedi were waiting for someone to hold their hand, meanwhile Freeway & Young Chris, two guys who played it humble and stayed grinding, at least still have a viable presence in the game. Beans especially is upsetting to me as a fan because he wanted Jay to do everything for him. I can't blame Jay for not letting Beans be released into his custody. Beans ain't a studio gangster, that's a wild dude, I wouldn't want to be on the hook for what he was up to.

I agree with what you said about the Nets, but you contradicted yourself. Yeah, the owner thing was a front, but you can't turn around and make fun of him for jumping out of that to be an agent. Owning a minuscule piece of the Nets isn't worth anywhere near the money a high powered agent makes. A 10 percent piece out 10-20 high profile athlete's deals is a nice chunk of change at the end of the day.

Kingdom Come & Blueprint were both very mediocre albums, though I'd say BP3 might be a little better than it gets credit for.

When was it ever legitimately on the table for there to be a Nas/Jay collab LP? By the time Nas would have wanted to do it, it would have meant way more for his career than Jay's, and thus, there'd be no motivation for Jay to do it. Whereas Kanye's star is still on the rise, and he has far more mainstream visibility. Jay has always been the guy to want to stand next to whatever's popping, and while a Nas/Jay album may have been better, Watch The Throne was a quality album.

And before anyone calls me a Jay-Z stan: if Nas lost, please teach me how to lose like he does. Top 5 dead or alive, 15 million sold, hardly any mainstream singles needed to do it, and universal respect. I could care less about these dudes' personal lives, I only care about the music.
Sin gave props

4 years ago '07        #102
True Sinister 117 heat pts117
space
space
$22,113 | Props total: 4729 4729
 dlettern said:
Lets not go there.....especially when we all know and witnessed 50 single handily dismantle the dip sh*ts.....epic
???

You mean 50 did a bunch of interviews, intros and outros and random tracks about a man taking care of his I'll mother and kissed a.ss to Jim and Juelz after backtracking on his claim he could k!ll them?

Cam stopped the group as a reaction to their disloyalty.
 08-03-2013, 12:29 PM         #103
J-Dogg 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Diplomats was never dismantled. 50 definitely played Jim & Juelz and as a result, we lost out on a lot of music, but I also think Jim let his success go to his head and didn't think of the long run. Cam let Juelz out of his deal 4-5 years ago now, and Juelz still hasn't dropped an album. Hard to see what 50 had to do with either of those things, especially considering that Cam voluntarily took a break from music to take care of his mother. Cam & Jimmy falling out ruined Dipset more than 50 ever could.
 4 years ago '07        #104
True Sinister 117 heat pts117
space
space
$22,113 | Props total: 4729 4729
 J-Dogg said:
Diplomats was never dismantled. 50 definitely played Jim & Juelz and as a result, we lost out on a lot of music, but I also think Jim let his success go to his head and didn't think of the long run. Cam let Juelz out of his deal 4-5 years ago now, and Juelz still hasn't dropped an album. Hard to see what 50 had to do with either of those things, especially considering that Cam voluntarily took a break from music to take care of his mother. Cam & Jimmy falling out ruined Dipset more than 50 ever could.
Don't forget about Juelz laziness and insisting on working with Chris Brown after the Rihanna thing and him begging Jay to push him back. And Juelz disrespecting SAS over what happened in England over that promote.

Jim and max's split also could be viewed as a tad detrimental. Big Joe was snitching insider secrets all over the place. Jha Jha...well she doesn't matter.
Sin gave props

08-03-2013, 12:42 PM         #105
J-Dogg 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If Max had run with Cam instead of Jim, things would have turned much different. Instead Jim bled Max's talent for as much personal gain possible. Cam took Jim, who couldn't rap all that well, and Juelz, a teenage kid with some skills, and turned them both into stars. Jim had Max B & Stack Bundles, two dudes with star quality that were more talented than him, and had them playing Memphis Bleek & Beanie Sigel to his Jay-Z.
 08-03-2013, 12:46 PM         #106
InnanetGsRunSht 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Cam beat Nas, Jay beat Nas, Kelis beat Nas. Nas lost, that's it.
 08-03-2013, 01:17 PM         #107
J-Dogg 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jay-Z did tour with R. Kelly years down the line, but the reason I brought up Kells' sales is because America clearly had no problem with R. Kelly, so Jay-Z stood next to him again. We all remember what happened the first time they toured together, they didn't even finish after Hov's boy pepper sprayed R. Kelly.

The sports thing: would you rather be getting money off Kevin Durant, Victor Cruz, Skylar Diggins, Robinson Cano, etc., or getting whatever tiny money you get off owning .15 percent of a team like Jay did? Magic's piece of the Dodgers is much larger, Magic invested $50 million into the Dodgers, Jay-Z only invested $1 million into the Nets. Obviously Magic's situation is better.
 4 years ago '07        #108
kemi 6 heat pts
space
space
$351 | Props total: 0 0
 4 years ago '13        #109
J Thrilla 
space
space
$3,748 | Props total: 6580 6580

[pic - click to view]

[/QUOTE]

4 years ago '07        #110
A-L-P 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,042 | Props total: 1024 1024
 illmatic826 said:
People who have been keeping up with his career since the 90's have been saying it for a minute to be honest. Before the term Nas Lost was popular, a lot of people were saying that he made sucker moves. For example:

Admitting to crying when he heard PAC diss him on Against All Odds (he was clowned for that)
Supposedly getting punked by Pac in NY

The baby mama drama with Kelis and Carmen.

There is no record of Jay dating ANY woman b4 Beyonce

His perceived lack of business acumen compared to his peers.
The tax linen and foreclose

His other questionable business moves like the Esco modeling, pro keds deal, FILA deal

Illmatic being a flop
what a hypocrisy. When snoop and Dre were selling 2 and 3 mill the East Coast was talking about how records sales = selling out. Nelly, Flo rida and The Black Eyed Peas have out sold Kendrick, J Dilla and Rakim does that mean that the aforementioned are superior on the mic?

"Emcees are just hopeless/ Thinking record sales make them the dopest" ~~ KRS One

Contradicting and eventually doing everything he said he was against (I.e. the Hennesy Deal, consigning Geeneth Paltrow saying n*gga, collating on every Young Money album in 2011.)

1st u say he lacks business acumen. Then when he makes a business move with Hennesy u bi*ch about it?

Planned to do a mock lynching of Jay at Summer Jam 2002 despite his pro black message
The famous 2002 rant where he promised shut hip hop down and saying Jay stood for everything he was against only to sign under his presidency in three years.

Jay was a terrible president At Def Jam. KEvin Liles had DEF JAM churning out classics none of these artist are currently doing anything.

[pic - click to view]

The attempts at heavy mainstream success with I Am and Nastraduamus
Not having a hit in 11 years despite the attempts

Distant Relatives, Life is good and Untitled all debuted at #1.

Randomly walking out of the Young G's perspective studio session which he was suppose to lay a verse.
Admittedly a bad father
His fall out with all of his all friends and overall negative things spoken about his character over the years
Not helping out Ill Will's mom after naming his company after her son who saved his life.
Proof plz
Hasn't spawned any successful prodigies despite being in the game for over 20 years. Quan and Bravehearts.

Is he supposed to? Did LL spawn any? did Rza spawn any? the wu tang brothers are his equals
Memph Bleek is Jays protege that n*gga just gave up rapping hes flopped so many times
Then Bean became his protege and showed the world that jay isfar from hood. then he dumped beans Ye became his protege now they wear leather pants together

Ghostwriting rumors
Projects like Nas& Preemo from 05, Nas.Com, and other projects that were never fulfilled
Admittedly missing out on a lot of great beats because he says he procrastinates when doing music.

I was looking forward to Nas.Com But i never heard NAs or Common say anything about doing an album together link with proof plz? I hope they do

So despite being a legend and a highly influential, consistent, a-class rapper who's still out rapping 95% of his peers (including Jay Z and Em).......it's mostly his actions outside of the booth that started the phrase Nas Lost. It is what it is.

And to the above I say this:

What the fu*k does that have to do with MUSIC!!! LMAO Hip Hop has gotten so far away from MUSIC!!!!

"What u think of that Yeezus album?"

"Ye Got Kim K pregnant, and got some new nikes coming out,"

that sh*t has nothing to do with the quality of the music.

Thats where hip hop is right now we praise lifestyles 1st and put the music 2nd then wonder why no one respects our music, Art or culture.
Jay has plenty of loses too, but why are you mentioning him lol? Noones taking sides here if that's the impression you're getting. The Beyonce comment was random though. I think Cam, Dame, Jimmy, 50, and Nas would've been used that as ammo in their insults against dude if he was gay or something. Jay was a lousy president at Def Jam for the Hip Hop acts, and it's a bad look being signed under that president who at one point stood for everything he was against.....and it's not like Jay has changed much over the years. I'm not sure if it was for monetary gain or what, but fast forward 8 years, and he's apparently still having money issues, so it's like, what was the end strategy for that move. He put his career in Jay's hand at that point....and yes, Jay had power at Def Jam, otherwise artist like LL and DMX wouldn't have had gripes with him about their albums.

And I actually said "percieved" lack of business acumen. Henessy really wasn't a good look after he said he was against advertising alcohol.

Sales obviously mattered to him, or else he wouldn't have gotten with Steve Stoute, the Track Masters, and took a completely different direction on It Was Written (my personal fav), despite the backlash from his core fans (who didn't buy illmatic -go figure). He would've just made another illmatic instead of the It Was Written's, I Am's, Nastraduamus's, and Ochi Wally's. It Was Written sold well, so guess which direction he went on his next project....I Am.....and so forth. Yes, Illmatic was a flop, sales do matter in the INDUSTRY. There was alot of hype and marketing money spent prior to release of Illmatic, and it was on a major label, they wanted it to sale, but it didn't. The label spent more money on that album then it took in (at the time). To his credit, Columbia weren't that good with Hip Hop acts during that time. But, I'm sure he didn't get in the game to flop.

And Nas did try to spawn successful prodigies (Quan being one of them), that's why it's a fail. 'Start my very own Motown, cause rappers be deprived of executive 9-5's".

The Nas not feeding Ill Will's mom thing started with this song.

[video - click to view]

"Talking Ill Will never even feeding his moms, why she live in Queensbridge still eating at woks"

I said "supposedly" getting punked by Pac, because I've heard 4 different versions of that story from Suge, Jungle, Nas, and Snoop, and all of them have similar, yet conflicting stories.

Last edited by A-L-P; 08-03-2013 at 07:49 PM..
 08-03-2013, 09:07 PM         #111
One Gud Cide 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Satire said:
Same people that say Joe Budden lost for taking other peoples sloppy seconds say Nas lost cause Jay got his sloppy seconds
budden lost because he's fu*king budden

icepack joey on the biggest label, in videogames, on soundtracks, biggest single on the radio, than he flops and starts hanging with homeless people doing emo music

performing at cafes, you're still underground
how you go mainstream than run back underground
 4 years ago '06        #112
pa_general 134 heat pts134 OP
space
space
$6,857 | Props total: 557 557
Can't compare Joe to Nas...
Home      

most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
83 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
133 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
74 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
53 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
195 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
121 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
112 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
70 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy