How Exactly did Nas Lose? Infograph

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
68 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
37 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
17 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
75 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '10        #61
beast mode 25 heat pts25
space
space
$13,974 | Props total: 1798 1798
 786 said:
Nas and Jay battled, Jay lost badly. About 5 years later, his stans coined the phrase 'Nas Lost' to make themselves feel better about the huge L Jay took from the beef.

Similar thing happened with RD; album comes and goes and is deemed nothing special compared to all the other classics being released around it. Around 98, when Vol.2 was about to drop, Roc-A-Fella went on this mad advertising campaign basically labelling RD a 'classic.' Some revisionist sh*t so Jay could have that classic album in his catalogue. He basically created his own Illmatic, not through making good music but an advertising campaign for an album that had been forgotten about. All you dumb a.sses ate it up, it's still his best album but not a classic by any stretch of the imagination.

A good few years after Jay cried on air after Ether dropped, Jay was in an interview saying he thought he won the battle against Nas: some more revisionist sh*t although that didn't work because true hip hop heads around at the time and respected artists within the genre all knew who really won. Only a small number of Jay stans and kids who weren't really around at the time bought into it.

Jay's fans, following suit with their idol's penchant for rewriting history came up with 'Nas Lost' in order to convince people that Nas didn't embarass Jay in their battle, failing that since anyone can go back and listen to Ether and Jay (and all his staff) reaction to it at the time. Soooo it turned into, 'well Nas lost in life........blah blah blah' knowing full well that no one would accept or believe that Jay could ever win a rap battle against Nas. They can't accept it either so it was turned into, not a battle of skills on the mic like it has always been settled throughout the culture's history but rather who has the most money. That ladies, is how Nas Lost.
Nas got crushed by hov in there rap battle. Hov giving real life ether to nas was way uglier than nas just name calling.
 4 years ago '12        #62
sOurxd i e s e 16 heat pts16
space
space
$3,947 | Props total: 5129 5129
 rasheedwallace said:
a lotta losses kept out that column, b...

where's the L of getting that bi*ch tattooed on his arm? His outrageous child support payments? daughter's condom stash instagram?

whoah whoah whoah aware me on this bruh
 08-02-2013, 04:33 PM         #63
deLeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
@ the responses
 4 years ago '11        #64
eliwood 143 heat pts143
space
space
$32,949 | Props total: 8817 8817
nas is the goat
 4 years ago '06        #65
pa_general 134 heat pts134 OP
space
space
$6,856 | Props total: 557 557
 deLeet said:
@ the responses
Lol all haters and trolls
 4 years ago '07        #66
A-L-P 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,040 | Props total: 1023 1023
 daman729 said:

We cant blame Nas for this sh*t though. We need to blame the suspect a.ss n*gga wiping the sweat on his face. I don't give a flying fu*k how sweaty my face is. Don't put yo hands on my face n*gga. Thats female territory.

What makes this sh*t worse is the fact that he went from caressing Nas's head to rubbing his neck. n*gga even moving his head from side to side while he doing it like he enjoying the sh*t.

n*gga would have gotten Ko'd in the back soon as that show was over.
Lol it looks wild, but that's actually old school NY stuff.
 4 years ago '04        #67
youngd 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$3,286 | Props total: 1085 1085
why didnt biggie peep this??

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '04        #68
youngd 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$3,286 | Props total: 1085 1085
 A-L-P said:
Lol it looks wild, but that's actually old school NY stuff.

[pic - click to view]

come on dog maybe your older than me but i was born the same year as hiphip i dont remember this sh*t ever being the bees knees

that 2 different dudes palming nas' dome

Last edited by youngd; 08-02-2013 at 05:36 PM..
 4 years ago '06        #69
Isiah61 8 heat pts
space
space
$11,008 | Props total: 1468 1468
 One Gud Cide said:
Jay answered by signing him and getting money from everything he makes he got jay tatted over kelis
What!?! Tell me this is a joke? He got Jay what tatted on him?!
 08-02-2013, 06:17 PM         #70
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 One Gud Cide said:
Nas answered with ether.

Jay answered by signing him and getting money from everything he makes he got jay tatted over kelis

how's the graph going to leave out the tat, millions owed in child support, had to beg judge to lower it because he couldn't afford alimony, changing his album title to appease white people, signing to guy who left them condoms on your baby seat, I Can, his attempted shoe line with fu*king Sketcher.....

[pic - click to view]

But his life is still a million time better than yours......
 08-02-2013, 07:05 PM         #71
Minister 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yo...the fact that you had to make an infographic means only 1 thing

nas lost
 08-02-2013, 07:34 PM         #72
SOD RG 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 True Sinister said:
Nas used to sell more than Jay...Jay now sells way more than Nas.

Way beyond "I sold what your whole album sold in my first week"
That's because nobody cares about knowledge in hip hop anymore
 4 years ago '06        #73
morrow05 34 heat pts34
space
space
$1,882 | Props total: 189 189
Yah saying Nas lost, wtf have you n*ggas won?.....................

Don't worry i'll wait
 4 years ago '04        #74
PrisonRules 70 heat pts70
space
space
$26,136 | Props total: 4527 4527
 One Gud Cide said:
Nas answered with ether.

how's the graph going to leave out the tat, millions owed in child support, had to beg judge to lower it because he couldn't afford alimony, changing his album title to appease white people, signing to guy who left them condoms on your baby seat, I Can, his attempted shoe line with fu*king Sketcher.....

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

thats cool but tell us about how much your winning please.

we'll wait....
 4 years ago '04        #75
PrisonRules 70 heat pts70
space
space
$26,136 | Props total: 4527 4527
 King856 said:
Nas the g.o.a.t.!
not sure if goat but def top 5.

hell, ether had jayz crying on live radio with angie martinez
 08-02-2013, 08:13 PM         #76
Nasty Neighbor 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
it's well known that camel stans spam nas lost to try and make it look like nas didn't completely sh*t all over jay-z

n*gga probably signed to def jam because he felt bad for making that n*gga cry on live radio

the goat nas with that heart of gold doe
 08-02-2013, 08:55 PM         #77
BALLONHOES 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
nas sucks, that boring a.ss monotone motherfu*ker puts me to sleep every time...
 4 years ago '10        #78
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 YI-Drizzy said:
it's well known that camel stans spam nas lost to try and make it look like nas didn't completely sh*t all over jay-z

n*gga probably signed to def jam because he felt bad for making that n*gga cry on live radio

the goat nas with that heart of gold doe
This f*ggot
 08-02-2013, 09:12 PM         #79
One Gud Cide 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 The Dark Kn1ght said:
lmao @ the people saying nas lost like their winning in life

any of yal would trade your life for his yesterday

[pic - click to view]

Dos-effect said:
But his life is still a million time better than yours......
 2godflow said:

[pic - click to view]

thats cool but tell us about how much your winning please.

we'll wait....

you kids k!ll me with this predictable corny sh*t. "yea, he r*ped three children, but that guy r*ped 14 so it's not that big of a deal". "oh that guy makes bad music" "I don't see you making music". the epitome of the dumbfu*k kid argument

and I didn't compare nas to anyone I compared nas to nas, so smarten up nas
 4 years ago '09        #80
MrPrez510 
space
space
$1,023 | Props total: 87 87
 A-L-P said:
People who have been keeping up with his career since the 90's have been saying it for a minute to be honest. Before the term Nas Lost was popular, a lot of people were saying that he made sucker moves. For example:

Admitting to crying when he heard PAC diss him on Against All Odds (he was clowned for that)
Supposedly getting punked by Pac in NY
The baby mama drama with Kelis and Carmen.
His perceived lack of business acumen compared to his peers.
The tax linen and foreclose
His other questionable business moves like the Esco modeling, pro keds deal, FILA deal
Illmatic being a flop
Contradicting and eventually doing everything he said he was against (I.e. the Hennesy Deal, consigning Geeneth Paltrow saying n*gga, collating on every Young Money album in 2011.)
Planned to do a mock lynching of Jay at Summer Jam 2002 despite his pro black message
The famous 2002 rant where he promised shut hip hop down and saying Jay stood for everything he was against only to sign under his presidency in three years.
The attempts at heavy mainstream success with I Am and Nastraduamus
Not having a hit in 11 years despite the attempts
Randomly walking out of the Young G's perspective studio session which he was suppose to lay a verse.
Admittedly a bad father
His fall out with all of his all friends and overall negative things spoken about his character over the years
Not helping out Ill Will's mom after naming his company after her son who saved his life.
Hasn't spawned any successful prodigies despite being in the game for over 20 years. Quan and Bravehearts.
Ghostwriting rumors
Projects like Nas& Preemo from 05, Nas.Com, and other projects that were never fulfilled
Admittedly missing out on a lot of great beats because he says he procrastinates when doing music.

So despite being a legend and a highly influential, consistent, a-class rapper who's still out rapping 95% of his peers (including Jay Z and Em).......it's mostly his actions outside of the booth that started the phrase Nas Lost. It is what it is.
I believe after reading this Nas Himself would say :ohhellnonas:

Nas Lost
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
81 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
72 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
78 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
27 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
82 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
32 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
141 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy