NBA JR Smith has a supreme shooting sleeve
40 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
74 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
55 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
121 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '07        #41
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,840 | Props total: 4821 4821
 pa_general said:
lol dudes still didn't answer how Nas lost.
signin to jayz and def jam is tha ultimate business L.jayz was directly responsible for him comin there,not la reid.signin to anybody after u are 10 years in tha game and got plat albums is L.u should be releasin your own material,thru your own label deal

wifin kelis and carmen are tha ultimate life L's.carmen i could give a pass too,but kelis
 4 years ago '06        #42
pa_general 134 heat pts134 OP
space
space
$6,856 | Props total: 557 557
 r.burgundy said:
signin to jayz and def jam is tha ultimate business L.jayz was directly responsible for him comin there,not la reid.signin to anybody after u are 10 years in tha game and got plat albums is L.u should be releasin your own material,thru your own label deal

wifin kelis and carmen are tha ultimate life L's.carmen i could give a pass too,but kelis
Okay, I can agree with that about signing after the Platinum records...

But the truth of the matter is that Nas has racked up FAR more WINS than LOSSES...and people just say that he "lost" just because they think it's a funny thing to do.
 4 years ago '05        #43
space
space
$969 | Props total: 571 571
Nas and Jay battled, Jay lost badly. About 5 years later, his stans coined the phrase 'Nas Lost' to make themselves feel better about the huge L Jay took from the beef.

Similar thing happened with RD; album comes and goes and is deemed nothing special compared to all the other classics being released around it. Around 98, when Vol.2 was about to drop, Roc-A-Fella went on this mad advertising campaign basically labelling RD a 'classic.' Some revisionist sh*t so Jay could have that classic album in his catalogue. He basically created his own Illmatic, not through making good music but an advertising campaign for an album that had been forgotten about. All you dumb a.sses ate it up, it's still his best album but not a classic by any stretch of the imagination.

A good few years after Jay cried on air after Ether dropped, Jay was in an interview saying he thought he won the battle against Nas: some more revisionist sh*t although that didn't work because true hip hop heads around at the time and respected artists within the genre all knew who really won. Only a small number of Jay stans and kids who weren't really around at the time bought into it.

Jay's fans, following suit with their idol's penchant for rewriting history came up with 'Nas Lost' in order to convince people that Nas didn't embarass Jay in their battle, failing that since anyone can go back and listen to Ether and Jay (and all his staff) reaction to it at the time. Soooo it turned into, 'well Nas lost in life........blah blah blah' knowing full well that no one would accept or believe that Jay could ever win a rap battle against Nas. They can't accept it either so it was turned into, not a battle of skills on the mic like it has always been settled throughout the culture's history but rather who has the most money. That ladies, is how Nas Lost.
 4 years ago '09        #44
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,241 | Props total: 19349 19349
I don't know why n*ggas can't just talk about the music...Nas won at the end of the day he's been in the game for 20 years still relevant and making better music than most n*ggas.
 4 years ago '05        #45
space
space
$969 | Props total: 571 571
^^Nas already beat Jay in that aspect, Jay's stans have to find another way around it so they use everything except for music to judge Nas on.
 4 years ago '04        #46
Young Hov 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,473 | Props total: 3 3
 A-L-P said:
People who have been keeping up with his career since the 90's have been saying it for a minute to be honest. Before the term Nas Lost was popular, a lot of people were saying that he made sucker moves. For example:

Admitting to crying when he heard PAC diss him on Against All Odds (he was clowned for that)
Supposedly getting punked by Pac in NY
The baby mama drama with Kelis and Carmen.
His perceived lack of business acumen compared to his peers.
The tax linen and foreclose
His other questionable business moves like the Esco modeling, pro keds deal, FILA deal
Illmatic being a flop
Contradicting and eventually doing everything he said he was against (I.e. the Hennesy Deal, consigning Geeneth Paltrow saying n*gga, collating on every Young Money album in 2011.)
Planned to do a mock lynching of Jay at Summer Jam 2002 despite his pro black message
The famous 2002 rant where he promised shut hip hop down and saying Jay stood for everything he was against only to sign under his presidency in three years.
The attempts at heavy mainstream success with I Am and Nastraduamus
Not having a hit in 11 years despite the attempts
Randomly walking out of the Young G's perspective studio session which he was suppose to lay a verse.
Admittedly a bad father
His fall out with all of his all friends and overall negative things spoken about his character over the years
Not helping out Ill Will's mom after naming his company after her son who saved his life.
Hasn't spawned any successful prodigies despite being in the game for over 20 years. Quan and Bravehearts.
Ghostwriting rumors
Projects like Nas& Preemo from 05, Nas.Com, and other projects that were never fulfilled
Admittedly missing out on a lot of great beats because he says he procrastinates when doing music.

So despite being a legend and a highly influential, consistent, a-class rapper who's still out rapping 95% of his peers (including Jay Z and Em).......it's mostly his actions outside of the booth that started the phrase Nas Lost. It is what it is.

08-02-2013, 10:14 AM         #47
dlettern 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 True Sinister said:
Damn....After the Cam beef there was a sudden drop multiple times

Lets not go there.....especially when we all know and witnessed 50 single handily dismantle the dip sh*ts.....epic
 4 years ago '11        #48
Donthate707 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,928 | Props total: 908 908
Eminem and Pac have gave birth to half of the n*ggas that rhyme nowadays its beyond obvious, only a retard would say no. Em made being lyrical funny and shocking cool. Pac made being a thug with brains cool. Deal with it fu*k boy.
 4 years ago '07        #49
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 pa_general said:
Okay, I can agree with that about signing after the Platinum records...

But the truth of the matter is that Nas has racked up FAR more WINS than LOSSES...and people just say that he "lost" just because they think it's a funny thing to do.
he might have more wins,but his losses are huge.from bi*chin about bein on to sony,to then goin on and signin to a different major,havin them tell u that u cant name your album nI**er,to supposedly bein 1 of tha "knowledgeable'" mc's then rackin up millions in tax debt,havin 2 avg c*m bucket baby mothers,to still after 15 years in not ownin any of your own material.that dude is a mess.but he has got to lead 1 hell of a life,and i salute any brother that made it out tha hood tha honest way
 4 years ago '06        #50
RAZAH CUTS 5835 heat pts5835
space
space
$54,057 | Props total: 18822 18822
Nas ain't never lose...

i remember reading once Nas sayin in an interview, that he never really ever had a job.. never worked a day in his life..

There's only one other person that I remember saying that in an interview, and it was John Madden...
 4 years ago '07        #51
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 RAZAH CUTS said:
Nas ain't never lose...

i remember reading once Nas sayin in an interview, that he never really ever had a job.. never worked a day in his life..

There's only one other person that I remember saying that in an interview, and it was John Madden...
thats 9 outta 10 rappers lol.that dont make nobody L proof
 4 years ago '04        #52
rasheedwallace 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,310 | Props total: 11226 11226
a lotta losses kept out that column, b...

where's the L of getting that bi*ch tattooed on his arm? His outrageous child support payments? daughter's condom stash instagram?
 4 years ago '12        #53
daman729 27 heat pts27
space
space
$12,467 | Props total: 12990 12990
 One Gud Cide said:

[pic - click to view]

We cant blame Nas for this sh*t though. We need to blame the suspect a.ss n*gga wiping the sweat on his face. I don't give a flying fu*k how sweaty my face is. Don't put yo hands on my face n*gga. Thats female territory.

What makes this sh*t worse is the fact that he went from caressing Nas's head to rubbing his neck. n*gga even moving his head from side to side while he doing it like he enjoying the sh*t.

n*gga would have gotten Ko'd in the back soon as that show was over.

Last edited by daman729; 08-02-2013 at 03:35 PM..
 4 years ago '08        #54
Dee Grande 1269 heat pts1269
space
space
$22,380 | Props total: 7934 7934
investing in a magazine in 2013 is a win?
 08-02-2013, 03:33 PM         #55
Contagioso 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
easily the worst infographic i've ever enlarged
 4 years ago '11        #56
Deuterion 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,379 | Props total: 4282 4282
 Contagioso said:
easily the worst infographic i've ever enlarged
 4 years ago '05        #57
Nvisible 
space
space
space
$212 | Props total: 0 0
How is an album "panned" as the most important hip hop album of all time? Panned means to criticize. This infographic is awful.
 4 years ago '07        #58
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,785 | Props total: 14593 14593
Him losing is just internet sh*t really I'll take Nas' Ls w/ his Ws any day.
 4 years ago '04        #59
youngmic 407 heat pts407
space
space
$28,398 | Props total: 29579 29579
lol the funny thing bout it is all the sheep a.ss n*ggas followed some troll gimmick...all them lost
 4 years ago '10        #60
beast mode 25 heat pts25
space
space
$13,972 | Props total: 1796 1796
Nas lost because hov and the boy a.i got more in common then just ballin and rhymin'......get it??? More in carmen. Nas lost eternal
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
21 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
77 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
59 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
201 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
25 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
86 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
47 comments
1 day ago
@tech
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy