Aug 1 - Detroit homes for sale for as little as $1

most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
140 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
193 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
240 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
82 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '13        #41
chi town jays 
space
space
$3,061 | Props total: 1045 1045
if this legit. I could've bought me a 5 bed and 2 bath house at Lake forest,IL for $12 bucks. No lie!! Thought it was a scam when i saw that.
 4 years ago '07        #42
Deniro732 8 heat pts
space
space
$13,623 | Props total: 2469 2469
 stogz said:
Son, i wouldn't buy a $1 house anywhere in Detroit even if it was "Buy one get one free".

Detroit so broke right now, they just puttin' that ad up to lure people who are in possession of a $1 bill. Three quarters of the people living out there right now have not seen authentic paper money in over 5 years.
 08-02-2013, 06:30 AM         #43
bbrossy313 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
that first house on st clair would be dope because its right next to all the marinas on the river but thats where the neighborhoods start gettin pretty bad.

and to the dude that was asking about property tax, the taxes in detroit are highest in the entire state i would not be surprised if you paid 3-5k a year in prop tax. thats one of the reasons detroit is broke most people cannot afford to pay them
 08-02-2013, 06:41 AM         #44
bbrossy313 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Yung Dilla said:
Yo seriously how is that first house on st claire street? Like i know it's a hood but is it to the point if i walk down the street i'll be shot? I contacted a realtor for that house i'll fly down there on saturday if i have to.. I'm thinking about buying a few of those houses actually.
st. clair street is pretty weird its like a mile long that goes down to the river and at the end is sinbads marina and the roostertail. it would be a pretty sweet spot to live being so close to the river but its also a few blocks outside of the downtown area where neighborhoods start getting bad. my guess is that the house is stripped. it looks like its n too good of shape to be sold for a dollar. also if you are buying to fix up and rent, dont. I know too many people that had their detroit rental properties destroyed by the first tenants they get. the only way i would buy the house is if i was plannin on fixing it up for myself
 4 years ago '07        #45
Mucz3087 11 heat pts11
space
space
$863 | Props total: 39 39
 Fras1788 said:
Property Tax is probably $500k per year on a 200 sq. Ft home.

da fu*k are you smoking 500K
 08-02-2013, 09:48 AM         #46
MoP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
What does big sean have to say about this
 4 years ago '04        #47
Fameus 6 heat pts
space
space
$7,603 | Props total: 4053 4053
They probably have back taxes on them to.
 4 years ago '09        #48
K0ntrast 63 heat pts63
space
space
$29,678 | Props total: 13203 13203
 stogz said:
@ your hurt feelings
my feelings hurt because of your stupidity you need to be more concerned with more output on your life than behind a computer screen. its really funny because you think the people quoting you are laughing with you.

Last edited by K0ntrast; 08-02-2013 at 10:00 AM..
 4 years ago '09        #49
McmasterlockPt2 41 heat pts41
space
space
$12,909 | Props total: 839 839
I'll keep my a.ss in livonia
 4 years ago '04        #50
ItAlY2BkLyN 238 heat pts238
space
space
$22,143 | Props total: 9451 9451
I wonder how much holding costs would be on multiple properties.
 4 years ago '12        #51
bmandagod 6 heat pts
space
space
$4,250 | Props total: 821 821
these houses were middle class homes in the motown days 60s... around the 80s-90s the drug scene got hella bad and the older people started dying out left em to their children and the kids left the homes and they didnt wanna live there or didnt take care of em or squatters/traps took them over and fu*ked em all up. crazy what drugs and liquor stores can do

Last edited by bmandagod; 08-02-2013 at 10:50 AM..
 4 years ago '08        #52
606robin 24 heat pts24
space
space
$5,683 | Props total: 3423 3423
If GM leaves, they're gonna be bartering houses for water and rice
 4 years ago '04        #53
..:Fame:.. 11 heat pts11
space
space
$6,123 | Props total: 997 997
 stogz said:
You wouldn't believe how many vacant lots there are in detroit as a whole. There are literally vacant neighbourhoods. It's a mass exodus. You can't just go and buy one house because, who would buy it? You would live there and not have a neighbour for literally several blocks. There are tens of thousands of empty lots.

I first got put on to this new reality in detroit over 2 years ago. Think about that, over 2 years ago. The city just declared bankruptcy, so in 2 years.... it's only gotten exponentially worse.

Even if you were to buy 4 full blocks worth of houses, for the price of a pair of jordans.... how would you protect yourself or your investments from the criminals? It takes Detroit police over an hour to respond to a violent crime in progress. Houses literally get robbed for the bars on the windows... it's the wild west out there.
This

You can buy up a whole block but how are you gonna keep the fiends from braking in and stealing your copper pipes and siding ? Then you have to worry about ppl having the proper income to pay rent. Even if you do get someone in the rental property .. they will most likley (depending on where the house is ) get robbed and break the lease early. Then your out of money.

Dont do it
 4 years ago '11        #54
XxHeAtMaKeRxX 30 heat pts30
space
space
$4,843 | Props total: 269 269
buy a crib/property/land, some one breaks in and hurts themselves guess what? LAWSUIT

youll be paying more than a $1 for that property in the end

developers will never come knocking.. ever
 4 years ago '05        #55
pnoi89 11 heat pts11
space
space
$11,308 | Props total: 4730 4730
 ..:Fame:.. said:
This

You can buy up a whole block but how are you gonna keep the fiends from braking in and stealing your copper pipes and siding ? Then you have to worry about ppl having the proper income to pay rent. Even if you do get someone in the rental property .. they will most likley (depending on where the house is ) get robbed and break the lease early. Then your out of money.

Dont do it
And let's not forget the property taxes, HOA, etc. for each and every one of those properties.
 4 years ago '04        #56
ItAlY2BkLyN 238 heat pts238
space
space
$22,143 | Props total: 9451 9451
 pnoi89 said:
And let's not forget the property taxes, HOA, etc. for each and every one of those properties.
LOL I doubt those properties have any HOA's or CCR's.
 4 years ago '04        #57
lment 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,040 | Props total: 66 66
josh smith buyin that $10 mcmansion with cheese
 4 years ago '04        #58
Aesop730 14 heat pts14
space
space
$19,656 | Props total: 5340 5340
 D.A.R.S. said:
You won't necessarily got shot walking down the street. Everyone you see will ask you for money. Your house will be vandalized and stripped clean while you sleep, maybe even if broad daylight while you're moving in. If there are people around you and they don't like you, they will burn your house. Literally. That's what Detroit does, there are way too many arsonists and the city gets burned on a daily basis.
Only thing that gets burned up are the crooked arabs doing insurance scams on their dollar, and liquor stores. Stop over sensationalizing shyt...
 4 years ago '09        #59
bigscore 1632 heat pts1632
space
space
$12,828 | Props total: 17927 17927
 sincerethought said:
problem is if you renovate how do you keep the squatters out especially if you live out of state Detroit laid off half there police force in the last 10 years

and those house are all close to 100 years old

all the copper and brass probably stripped out of them

probably better to knock the house down build a cheap prefabricated box

but who are you really renting/selling to when nobody has a job there
 4 years ago '04        #60
dubious76 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,577 | Props total: 99 99
Detroit is about to be privately owned by Ford, they're going to own the municipalities just like in Robocop. Buy up the land if you can.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
50 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
50 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
66 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
40 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
67 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
141 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
189 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
160 comments
2 days ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy