9th Wonder calls out Drake and says one step at a time regarding a Little Brother reunion

most viewed right now
NFL Todd Todd Todd Mcshay first mock.
48 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
35 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
26 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
73 comments
@games

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '12        #21
cal classick 
space
space
$4,276 | Props total: 5249 5249
 Lyrical Lexicon said:
You remember this gem???
Classic
 08-01-2013, 08:55 PM         #22
ts21 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i really dont know why drake didnt rap on 9th wonder beats that jodeci beat was raw
 4 years ago '10        #23
knowlege bass 
space
space
$3,220 | Props total: 563 563
It's all business and 9th should know better. There are lots of rappers who are fans of other rappers and don't work with each other. On top of that Drake and his team of 40 and Boi 1da have their sound now. Good interview overall though.
 4 years ago '08        #24
Hiero 112 heat pts112
space
space
$19,567 | Props total: 2399 2399
He's basically saying that Drake is a f*ggot for selling out. I don't disagree.
 4 years ago '04        #25
dubious76 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,578 | Props total: 100 100
 Lyrical Lexicon said:
Don't get me wrong, I still fu*k with Drake *PAUSE*, because lyrically he still got it. However, his sh*t ain't like this. I remember hearing once that Take Care was going to feature DJ Premier, 9th Wonder, Pete Rock, and a whole bunch of other authentic rap producers. I was hyped!!!
Word, imagine if he wasn't caught up in the soft drums from 40 and got on that boom bap from Premier, Pete and 9th?

It could really turn things around and get everybody off this hypebeast rap, pay homage to the foundation of the culture and push it to the next level.
 4 years ago '09        #26
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,246 | Props total: 19358 19358
 Lyrical Lexicon said:
You remember this gem???
 4 years ago '10        #27
Account001 
space
space
$3,342 | Props total: 180 180
I feel like drake and his team has sh*t planned out.... They slowly feeding the people what they want so they can milk the game for every pennie they can get.
 08-02-2013, 10:13 AM         #28
GOD999 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 X-NINE said:
9th wonder had a beat on THE BLACK ALBUM and DESTINYS CHILD'S last album. What's the problem with a 9th beat for Drizzy?

[video - click to view]

Forgot to mention the track he did for BANKS on Rotten Apple (No Dr.Jayy)
 4 years ago '04        #29
bnw99 16 heat pts16
space
space
$6,606 | Props total: 4181 4181
Please for the love of god give me more Little Brother albums.. please.
 4 years ago '05        #30
ice wolf 515 heat pts515
space
space
$9,300 | Props total: 5487 5487
 Ricky Retardo said:
i think 9th needs to link up with 40 if he wants to collab with Drake. i mean we all know musically if 40 ain't involved Drake ain't rockin with it and its vice versa for 40.

40 with his engineering and chord progressions and 9th ear for samples it would be magic. sounds like he just wants Drake to jump on his beats and only his.
Yessir

It would be ill if they collab'd on a new Drizzy joint

Drake should stop being a b!tch and reunite wtih 9th. His beats compliment Drake really well. He needs that 9th Wonder soul.
 08-02-2013, 12:07 PM         #31
Walkerboy86 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Obviously Drake has his own team of producers with their own sound so maybe, just maybe thats why he isnt working with other producers too heavily when it comes to who is on his albums.
 4 years ago '04        #32
Scream @ Me 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,016 | Props total: 1906 1906
 Lyrical Lexicon said:
Don't get me wrong, I still fu*k with Drake *PAUSE*, because lyrically he still got it.
The f*ck is wrong with you n*gga's? Do y'all constantly have gay thoughts sittin' @ the top of ya mind, and you need to throw "PAUSES" & "NO HOMO's" in there to subdue it? You didn't say fu*kING Drake, you said fu*k WITH Drake ...sh*t wasn't even pause-worthy; I'm quite sure everybody know/knew what you meant. You n*gga's always throwing that "PAUSE" sh*t are gayer than the real out & open n*gga's.

4 years ago '04        #33
Lyrical Lexicon 28 heat pts28 OP
space
space
$943 | Props total: 11 11
 X-NINE said:

Forgot to mention the track he did for BANKS on Rotten Apple (No Dr.Jayy)
OH MOTHER fu*kING sh*t!!! I forgot about this joint! This album was hella nice, and underrated. That Iceman joint with Buck, Face & 8BALL/MJG was stoopid nice!

Kudos for reminding me of this.
 4 years ago '04        #34
Lyrical Lexicon 28 heat pts28 OP
space
space
$943 | Props total: 11 11
 GameTheory said:
Ya'll act like Drake still don't got it:

Really now?
Yep this joint is off the chain too...
 08-02-2013, 06:00 PM         #35
Walkerboy86 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GeorgiaBoyTool said:
Drake got that OVO sound of his own, no one used to complain when Mannie Fresh produced every Cash Money album back then.

Drake, 40, & Boi-1da know what they're doing
Good to see we have some smart ppl on here that has common sense when it comes to this music sh*t
 4 years ago '05        #36
benadreal 
space
space
$3,586 | Props total: 73 73
he's right though. I've seen several instances where drake has mentioned 9th wonder, or little brother, and has even been on some tracks with them. But where is the album cuts? And where has there been any songs since hes hit a mainstream status? Same with Wale. People forget Wale did a whole mixtape with 9th wonder. Whats fu*ked up the most though is Nas still wont jump on board.
 4 years ago '05        #37
kw7dc 
space
space
$680 | Props total: 5 5
this is horribly written. I can't even read this sh*t
 4 years ago '11        #38
OBv 
space
space
space
$1,544 | Props total: 2286 2286
n*ggas just don't wanna hear that sh*t. It's plain and simple. A lot of these producers show no progression, 9th included.

Same dudes bi*ching about drake not working with 9th are the same dudes begging Nas to get some Premier beats.

Once again, no progression. Why do you think Nas and Jay don't fu*k with Premier anymore?

That sh*t is played out.
 4 years ago '11        #39
Deuterion 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,383 | Props total: 4301 4301
 Lyrical Lexicon said:
I think you're definitely right in saying that what Drake and 40 get done is great chemistry in turn equalling some great music. However, Drake makes rap. 9th makes Hip Hop. So it all comes down to personal taste I suppose.

That statement makes no sense because Hip Hop is a culture not a genre of music and is comprised of: MCing, DJing, Breakdancing, Graffiti, and Beatboxing. Rap was born out of this culture and everyone who MCs is technically involved in Hip Hop no matter how divorced of the culture they seem to be. When people say "this sounds real hip hop" what they're really trying to say is "this is more reminiscent of the more formative years of the artform as opposed to the new technologically and in some cases culturally divorced sound".
 4 years ago '07        #40
Opinion 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,355 | Props total: 276 276
politics or not, if drake likes 9th beats he should just work with him, sometimes n*ggas really over think the creation of music, fans bi*chin, n*ggas in ya ear and all this bullsh*t. This doesn't apply not only 9th, but any other producer out there.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
125 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
19 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now