9th Wonder calls out Drake and says one step at a time regarding a Little Brother reunion

most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
175 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
23 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
130 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
37 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '04        #1
6570 pageviews
74 comments

Lyrical Lexicon 28 heat pts28
space
space
$943 | Props total: 11 11
9th Wonder calls out Drake and says one step at a time regarding a Little Brother reunion

In an interview with IMC Magazine, 9th Wonder had the opportunity to get a lot off of his chest. One of these things included comparing himself to a Legend of Zelda baddie when it comes to certain rappers, including Drake, while others - Kendrick Lamar and Mac Miller for example - still keep it real with him.

"Taking advantage of the situation regarding subject matter, the question of whether or not the Drake collabo the Canadian rapper once raved about has happened yet slides in to the mix. Shaking his head repeatedly, 9th is then asked whether or not it’s Drizzy’s fault. “We don’t wanna use the word ‘fault’ but it is what it is,” he states.

Comparing his current stature as one of hip hop’s go-to-guys to that of a video game baddie, 9th asks, “You play video games right? Let’s take it back all the way to The Legend Of Zelda. I’m becoming the producer that’s [like] the boss before the boss. The one before you get to the boss. Which means [that] if you’re a quote/unquote underground emcee or rapper – whatever you wanna call yourself – and you’re a huge 9th Wonder fan, once you start making money you’re not as big a 9th Wonder fan as you once were. You understand what I mean? They say, “I love you man… blah, blah, blah,” but when their album drops I’m not on it, and that’s fine.”"

Also discussing Little Brother, the possibility of Jay Z becoming a Sir, and how he asked Rawkus if he could continue the Soundbombing series and they said no, the in-depth interview can be read in full visit this link here.

74 comments for "9th Wonder calls out Drake and says one step at a time regarding a Little Brother reunion"

4 years ago '10        #2
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
space
$30,730 | Props total: 19626 19626
Yeah, it kinda looks that way.

Drake just rode the backpack wave until he got signed then turned his back on most of it, if not all.
 4 years ago '04        #3
Lyrical Lexicon 28 heat pts28 OP
space
space
You remember this gem???

[video - click to view]

4 years ago '07        #4
True Sinister 116 heat pts116
space
space
$22,057 | Props total: 4674 4674
I seriously just believe Birdman won't let Drake do it. Same thing with Wayne and Mannie Fresh not collaborating.

I heard something like that stopped Masta ace from working with Em.
 4 years ago '06        #5
j-gip 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,328 | Props total: 573 573
 Lyrical Lexicon said:
You remember this gem???
Great mixtape... alot of soul
 4 years ago '04        #6
space
space
 j-gip said:
Great mixtape... alot of soul
Don't get me wrong, I still fu*k with Drake *PAUSE*, because lyrically he still got it. However, his sh*t ain't like this. I remember hearing once that Take Care was going to feature DJ Premier, 9th Wonder, Pete Rock, and a whole bunch of other authentic rap producers. I was hyped!!!

And that Birdman comment... could be right. Although I feel he isn't as much of an as*hole these days as he was back with Juve, B.G. and Turk - there's too much money now to worry about stealing your artists money.
 4 years ago '04        #7
space
space
 GameTheory said:
What was 9th Wonders last song that you would honestly put out there as "great production"

What Drake has done with 40 has done more for his career than working with 9th ever did.
I think you're definitely right in saying that what Drake and 40 get done is great chemistry in turn equalling some great music. However, Drake makes rap. 9th makes Hip Hop. So it all comes down to personal taste I suppose.

9th has plenty of dope stuff out there. Some of the work he's done with K.R.I.T., Mac Miller, and his new signing GQ is dope. You just gotta look for it I suppose.

Both artists make great music. Just comes down to personal preference.
 08-01-2013, 03:37 PM         #8
redacted 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
9th is the Mid Boss...using Zelda as a reference... So that mean Pooh and Phonte are like a couple of Gibdos? fu*k it, get back together dammit! I need like 3 more albums from Little brother, and y'all can do whatever after that point. It ain't too much to ask.

The cats who ran Rawkus ran that sh*t into the ground. Dropped Skillz' debut album same week as tupac's All Eyez on Me, didn't let the soundbombing series continue, and a ton of other bullsh*t. what in all the fu*k was they thinking????
 08-01-2013, 03:37 PM         #9
Lay-Z 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[video - click to view]

4 years ago '06        #10
jgatling 
space
space
$260 | Props total: 81 81
 GameTheory said:
What was 9th Wonders last song that you would honestly put out there as "great production"

What Drake has done with 40 has done more for his career than working with 9th ever did.
It's not about what producer has done more for such and such artist. Just take the fact into consideration that back when drake was still hungry so to speak, he made one of the dopest songs of his career to this day, with one of 9th's dopest beats. He doesn't have to have an album with all of 9th's sh!t, it'd just be great to see if they could re-create some magic in the studio.
 4 years ago '04        #11
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,369 | Props total: 6382 6382
it would be cool if drake did it once on a album but that ain't happening. it wouldn't hurt his album if he had 9th up there on one beat.

like i said before luckily for drake 40 only wants to mess with him for the most part because his sound would of ran thin if he worked with everybody. would be nice for him to step out of that sound on an album eventually
 4 years ago '04        #12
space
space
 justinjones said:
it would be cool if drake did it once on a album but that ain't happening. it wouldn't hurt his album if he had 9th up there on one beat.

like i said before luckily for drake 40 only wants to mess with him for the most part because his sound would of ran thin if he worked with everybody. would be nice for him to step out of that sound on an album eventually
I agree with you dude, and I agree with the dude that mentioned about the two of them just re-creating that magic just once more. It really wouldn't hurt Drake. In fact it might help him win back some of the fans that stepped off during the transition from underground to overground.
 4 years ago '13        #13
Guvnor 1122 heat pts1122
space
space
$43,263 | Props total: 12305 12305
“Martin Luther King had to take the sacrifice. Some great college football or basketball coaches had to take the sacrifices. They all had wives that had to sit home. But if no one’s ever had to do that there would be no way to leap forward. So what I tell my wife is, “Unfortunately you married a mission.” That’s what she married. I then tell her that if she thinks she’s got it bad then just think about Michelle Obama. She has it easy compared to her. I’m setting up for my kids. You know what I mean? And I have to make certain sacrifices in order for them to be straight.”
Damn 9th Wonder answers with some real deep answers in all of his interviews.

As for Drake, I honestly feel that he decided to not do the 9th feature because he knew the sound 9th would come with would not be big on a mainstream level. I mean when you really look at it and hear the pop likeness of Take Care. You really think a 9th beat could fit on that album

I personally feel a 9th feature would stick out like a sore thumb on that album.

But I hope to hear them do something down the line

Lyrical Lexicon said:
You remember this gem???
Comeback season was fire.

Probably Drake's best project he ever created
 4 years ago '04        #14
space
space
 Guvnor said:
Damn 9th Wonder answers with some real deep answers in all of his interviews.

As for Drake, I honestly feel that he decided to not do the 9th feature because he knew the sound 9th would come with would not be big on a mainstream level. I mean when you really look at it and hear the pop likeness of Take Care. You really think a 9th beat could fit on that album

I personally feel a 9th feature would stick out like a sore thumb on that album.

But I hope to hear them do something down the line

Comeback season was fire.

Probably Drake's best project he ever created
Yeah, as a whole the interview is deep. I love that line, "Unfortunately you married a mission." HAHA
 08-01-2013, 04:40 PM         #15
GOD999 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
9th wonder had a beat on THE BLACK ALBUM and DESTINYS CHILD'S last album. What's the problem with a 9th beat for Drizzy?
 08-01-2013, 04:41 PM         #16
cheguevara 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
comeback season..

drakes greatest creation..

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '11        #17
royman04 18 heat pts18
space
space
$12,304 | Props total: 4575 4575
9th is right, drake used to d!ck ride ninth and the rest of little brother but what tracks has he put them on lately. They weren't features on his albums, don't be a fan when it's convenient, he name dropped certain artist early in his career to get respect from they're fan base
 4 years ago '12        #18
Ricky Retardo 43 heat pts43
space
space
$5,982 | Props total: 13701 13701
i think 9th needs to link up with 40 if he wants to collab with Drake. i mean we all know musically if 40 ain't involved Drake ain't rockin with it and its vice versa for 40.

40 with his engineering and chord progressions and 9th ear for samples it would be magic. sounds like he just wants Drake to jump on his beats and only his.
 4 years ago '04        #19
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,369 | Props total: 6382 6382
 X-NINE said:
9th wonder had a beat on THE BLACK ALBUM and DESTINYS CHILD'S last album. What's the problem with a 9th beat for Drizzy?

the destiny child's track was a top 10 r&b song

its not like 9th never had success with upper level artists
 4 years ago '04        #20
space
space
 X-NINE said:
Amen to that...
Home      

most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
86 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
47 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
295 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
23 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
LIL FLIP shows $1,000,000 worth of JEWELRY!!!!!!
89 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
55 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
40 comments
2 days ago