Post your PC gaming rig thread

most viewed right now
 122
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
162 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 82
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 78
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
44 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 77
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
92 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '05        #161
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
avatar space
space
$37,061 | Props total: 10743 10743
I feel as though NVIDIA "Activioned" us with the 7 series. My next upgrade (if i feel the need) will go to AMD if they continue to make the strides they're making now
 4 years ago '12        #162
Cubs Draco 141 heat pts141
space
avatar space
space
$16,303 | Props total: 3985 3985
 Hovi Bryant said:
I don't half a.ss anything. No offense.

I want the best console, I want the best rig, I want the best laptop.

For my own needs of course.
no need to take shots, but this is the internet, so of course people are gonna stunt tho.
 4 years ago '12        #163
Cubs Draco 141 heat pts141
space
avatar space
space
$16,303 | Props total: 3985 3985
 P-Hill said:
You saying Austin built a fraudulent half a.ss rig?


[pic - click to view]


Im a console gamer first fam. That's where my money is going. $60 a pop for everygame

Steam has spoiled me.
 4 years ago '05        #164
katalist 229 heat pts229
space
avatar space
space
$36,986 | Props total: 1312 1312
Just upgraded mine few months ago.

660 ti 3gb Nvidia
I5-2500K
8gb Ram
Auzen Prelude 7.1 Soundcard (fu*kin love this thing)
Asus motherboard, cant remember name right now. Had to get a new one when I upgraded my cpu
old 1 TB HD
2 TB External HD
Windows 7 64bit Ultimate

Prolly gonna get another 660 ti 3gb to SLI and also gonna get a new 1600 monitor when I do that ( or one of these )


Last edited by katalist; 08-01-2013 at 12:08 PM..
 4 years ago '10        #165
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
avatar space
space
$30,730 | Props total: 19626 19626
 P-Hill said:
I feel as though NVIDIA "Activioned" us with the 7 series. My next upgrade (if i feel the need) will go to AMD if they continue to make the strides they're making now
AMD seems to provide the better value for gaming overall, but I think most die hards still question the company's support of the hardware. Not too many run crossfire configs and few opt for the 7990, and end up going for the 660Ti with an over-clock.

There's a stigma that AMD needs to shake or something.

It's weird to see AMD down and out on the processors though. In 2006, they were kicking Intel's a.ss. Now, this APU solution they have was met with a quick response from Intel's Haswell boards. But as far as graphics cards are concerned, I don't see Nvidia falling off any time soon.


Last edited by Hovi Bryant; 08-01-2013 at 12:11 PM..
 4 years ago '05        #166
MidNiteBlues 32 heat pts32
space
avatar space
space
$7,644 | Props total: 3575 3575

[pic - click to view]



Operating System
Windows 8 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz
Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
RAM
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
LENOVO INVALID (U3E1)
Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor (1920x1080@59Hz)
2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M (Lenovo)
2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M (Lenovo)
ForceWare version: 320.49
SLI Enabled
Hard Drives
932GB Seagate ST1000LM024 HN-M101MBB (SATA)
Laptop for everyday use/part time gaming. Coulda went for a stronger gpu set up, but at the time I was looking for something cheap + portability factor of laptop .

Whole setup was $800 so can't be too mad. Should hold me down for a bit. Prob will upgrade to a real desktop rig in 2-3 yrs.

Till then will prob do minor upgrades here and there. Yo whats better for gaming performance, maxing my ram to 16, or copping a 256/516 SSD?
 4 years ago '10        #167
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
avatar space
space
$30,730 | Props total: 19626 19626
 MidNiteBlues said:

[pic - click to view]





Laptop for everyday use/part time gaming. Coulda went for a stronger gpu set up, but at the time I was looking for something cheap + portability factor of laptop .

Whole setup was $800 so can't be too mad. Should hold me down for a bit. Prob will upgrade to a real desktop rig in 2-3 yrs.

Till then will prob do minor upgrades here and there. Yo whats better for gaming performance, maxing my ram to 16, or copping a 256/516 SSD?
SSD. Next-Gen gaming will be more demanding of graphics memory and not the actual ram of your laptop. That SLI setup you have features its own separate pool of memory right?
 4 years ago '05        #168
katalist 229 heat pts229
space
avatar space
space
$36,986 | Props total: 1312 1312
 Hovi Bryant said:
AMD seems to provide the better value for gaming overall, but I think most die hards still question the company's support of the hardware. Not too many run crossfire configs and few opt for the 7990, and end up going for the 660Ti with an over-clock.

There's a stigma that AMD needs to shake or something.
Well as a pc gamer of over 30 years I have had 4 nvidia cards and 3 amd cards. Ive had much better experience with the nvidia ones. The main thing you touched on is with the support of drivers. Nvidia does a great job of putting out alot of drivers so people can pick what works best for them, where as AMD has some pretty horrible driver support. The cards overall are good from AMD and priced very nice but for me the driver support is a huge difference with the two and one thing which is probably just my experience but I just have had a better experience with nvidia.

I am not one of these fanboys that will tell people to stay away from AMD because I myself have used them alot in my life and had overall a good experience just overall not as good as my experience with nvidia. Also out of the 12-13 computers ive put together for people the parts are about even, it depends on the money they have and the price of things at the time of buying.
 4 years ago '05        #169
katalist 229 heat pts229
space
avatar space
space
$36,986 | Props total: 1312 1312
 MidNiteBlues said:

[pic - click to view]





Laptop for everyday use/part time gaming. Coulda went for a stronger gpu set up, but at the time I was looking for something cheap + portability factor of laptop .

Whole setup was $800 so can't be too mad. Should hold me down for a bit. Prob will upgrade to a real desktop rig in 2-3 yrs.

Till then will prob do minor upgrades here and there. Yo whats better for gaming performance, maxing my ram to 16, or copping a 256/516 SSD?
Damn, that aint a bad little laptop for that price mang, where u get it? Not a fan ob laptops but that is nice specs n price for that sort of thing.
 08-01-2013, 12:14 PM         #170
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 P-Hill said:
I feel as though NVIDIA "Activioned" us with the 7 series. My next upgrade (if i feel the need) will go to AMD if they continue to make the strides they're making now
F*ck team red and if you down with team red then it's f*ck you too. We riding with NVIDIA over here homey. NVIDIA till I die.
 4 years ago '05        #171
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
avatar space
space
$37,061 | Props total: 10743 10743
 xeduran said:
F*ck team red and if you down with team red then it's f*ck you too. We riding with NVIDIA over here homey. NVIDIA till I die.



Nvidia... the way it was meant to be played


I think AMD trying their hardest to fix their image though.. I mean sh*t, they finally got drivers out that address the microstuttering of their crossfire setups DSH can fill us in on if they made good on that, or not
 08-01-2013, 12:28 PM         #172
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 P-Hill said:



Nvidia... the way it was meant to be played


I think AMD trying their hardest to fix their image though.. I mean sh*t, they finally got drivers out that address the microstuttering of their crossfire setups DSH can fill us in on if they made good on that, or not
In all honesty they have. The drivers have gotten better. I was actually going to get an AMD video card back when I got my GTX 670. I got it from Microcenter, brought it home and installed it. Had artifacts all over the place. I guess I got a dud card. Took it back to the store and came home with a 670. I was like, "Should have never left you NVIDIA".

Next video card I get though, I will be looking for the best performance in my price range. As long as AMD can supply good drivers, I will definitely consider them. Especially since game developers seem to be jumping on their bandwagon. I swear though if I ever get another dud card from AMD, it's a wrap.
 4 years ago '05        #173
MidNiteBlues 32 heat pts32
space
avatar space
space
$7,644 | Props total: 3575 3575
 Hovi Bryant said:
SSD. Next-Gen gaming will be more demanding of graphics memory and not the actual ram of your laptop. That SLI setup you have features its own separate pool of memory right?
Yeah I believe it runs it own set of memory. Not 100% sure, since I'm new to this whole pc gaming scene, but i think so.

Yo if do roll with the ssd upgrade, you think 256 is gd enough or should i go for the 516? Also hear ppl saying, u should do a clean windows install, and run the operating system on that. Is this necessary or is plug and play gd enough? Really dont wanna go thru the trouble of installing windows again n sh*t (gotta buy another product key i think, right?)



 katalist said:
Damn, that aint a bad little laptop for that price mang, where u get it? Not a fan ob laptops but that is nice specs n price for that sort of thing.
I got this directly off the Lenovo website about 4-5 months back. They had like a 30 % promo off certain laptops, so that cut a huge chunk off the price. Then I signed up for a discover card promo lenovo was also running and bought it with that and got an additional 10% off. Then I called in to order, but acted unsure and got the rep to gave me an additional $50 off lol...a n*gga went hard with the haggling lol.

Total was like $670 after a sh*tload of discount/promos, copped the additional gpu for like $140 to run sli.
 4 years ago '10        #174
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
avatar space
space
$30,730 | Props total: 19626 19626
 MidNiteBlues said:
Yeah I believe it runs it own set of memory. Not 100% sure, since I'm new to this whole pc gaming scene, but i think so.

Yo if do roll with the ssd upgrade, you think 256 is gd enough or should i go for the 516? Also hear ppl saying, u should do a clean windows install, and run the operating system on that. Is this necessary or is plug and play gd enough? Really dont wanna go thru the trouble of installing windows again n sh*t (gotta buy another product key i think, right?)





I got this directly off the Lenovo website about 4-5 months back. They had like a 30 % promo off certain laptops, so that cut a huge chunk off the price. Then I signed up for a discover card promo lenovo was also running and bought it with that and got an additional 10% off. Then I called in to order, but acted unsure and got the rep to gave me an additional $50 off lol...a n*gga went hard with the haggling lol.

Total was like $670 after a sh*tload of discount/promos, copped the additional gpu for like $140 to run sli.
Your laptop is a beast and will be fine with an SSD. I'm a.ssuming you're replacing your current drive altogether? If so, I'd go for whatever your budget suggests. Just know it probably won't be enough to be your daily driver for other PC related stuff like storing movies and music (unless you have an external).

I don't think the 560m shares memory, so you're straight on RAM unless you find out otherwise.
 4 years ago '05        #175
MidNiteBlues 32 heat pts32
space
avatar space
space
$7,644 | Props total: 3575 3575
 Hovi Bryant said:
Your laptop is a beast and will be fine with an SSD. I'm a.ssuming you're replacing your current drive altogether? If so, I'd go for whatever your budget suggests. Just know it probably won't be enough to be your daily driver for other PC related stuff like storing movies and music (unless you have an external).

I don't think the 560m shares memory, so you're straight on RAM unless you find out otherwise.

Thats the dope part, I believe this model still has enough room for to get an ssd and keep my current drive. I seen alot of cats with the y500 post their set ups, and alot of em kept the stock 1tb and are running 512 ssds to boost performance on the side, without a caddy.

Prob rolling with 256gb then. Any recommended brands for a SSD (or it don't matter much?) Crucial m4s seem to be the cheapest choice.
 4 years ago '10        #176
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
avatar space
space
$30,730 | Props total: 19626 19626
 MidNiteBlues said:
Thats the dope part, I believe this model still has enough room for to get an ssd and keep my current drive. I seen alot of cats with the y500 post their set ups, and alot of em kept the stock 1tb and are running 512 ssds to boost performance on the side, without a caddy.

Prob rolling with 256gb then. Any recommended brands for a SSD (or it don't matter much?) Crucial m4s seem to be the cheapest choice.
That's a win-win for sure.

I'm not too sure on which SSD is the best out right now, I doubt you'd wait for my opinion though. I don't plan on building until the end of the month, after mulling over parts and stuff.
 4 years ago '11        #177
DJ EM Double 29 heat pts29 OP
space
avatar space
space
$6,709 | Props total: 3048 3048
 Hovi Bryant said:
That's a win-win for sure.

I'm not too sure on which SSD is the best out right now, I doubt you'd wait for my opinion though. I don't plan on building until the end of the month, after mulling over parts and stuff.
i'm gonna upgrade to this bi*ch right here

Samsung 840 Evo


[pic - click to view]



 4 years ago '13        #178
Gman8677 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$354 | Props total: 2 2
 Willbeatz said:
My computer > right click > properties
is this for windows 7? still dont see where i can view my PC's rating
 08-01-2013, 01:11 PM         #179
DarkSidesHero 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hovi Bryant said:
Aren't we already on Maxwell? With Volta arriving next year?

Even then, I feel like the higher I go on the GPU, the longer the cycle will be.

Mid range is 2-3 years, high end is probably double to say the least. I remember Arson posting a GeForce GTX 8800 running Tomb Raider at 1080p.
Keplar is what's powering the 780 & Titan. 770 and below is GK104.
 08-01-2013, 01:15 PM         #180
iQon 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DJ EM Double said:
How big of a difference was the switch to SSD I'm thinking of making the jump
pretty damn big. get an ssd and you'll never look back. I'd cop a 128gb SSD over a WD Black with 1Tb.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 29
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 28
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
27 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 28
Image(s) inside dannielledai
8 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 14
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
69 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
 11
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 6
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
 5
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
8 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 5
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy