Post your PC gaming rig thread

most viewed right now
 162
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
136 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 159
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
87 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 104
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
32 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 95
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
76 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '08        #141
polorsport23 
space
space
space
$22 | Props total: 0 0
The 780 is a great card. I got mine back in may and have been happy with it compared to the sli gtx 580s I had. It's much quieter and cooler than the sli setup and over clocks easily.


Nvidia has made life a lot easier with this series. GeForce experience optimizes my games, and the oc scanner overlooks my card well past the titans. All with just the push of a button.
 4 years ago '10        #142
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
avatar space
space
$30,730 | Props total: 19626 19626
 Yopez43 said:
The monitor is a Achieva Shimian QH270.

[pic - click to view]

That graphics card serves you well when gaming at 1440p?
 4 years ago '09        #143
DJ Idol 18 heat pts18
space
avatar space
space
$4,004 | Props total: 945 945
 Austin Foyt said:
You finna be master race?

*edit- why do people still buy CD Drives?
I bought one to install Windows.

Edit: -- And my build

CPU: Intel i5 3750K
Mobo: ASRock Z77 Extreme4
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2X4GB)
GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7950
PSU: Corsair something (Came with the case)
Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
Case: Some cheap MSI case, gonna hopefully upgrade later on because cable-management in this thing is HORRIBLE.
SSD: 128GB Samsung
HD: 2TB Toshiba (I think?).


Last edited by DJ Idol; 08-01-2013 at 09:22 AM..
 4 years ago '08        #144
Kewop Decam 79 heat pts79
space
space
space
$15,969 | Props total: 9729 9729
 Hovi Bryant said:
He's entitled to his opinion?
there's opinions and then there's facts...
 4 years ago '10        #145
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
avatar space
space
$30,730 | Props total: 19626 19626
 Kewop Decam said:
there's opinions and then there's facts...
Fact: MBA has inferior hardware specs than almost everything in this thread.

Opinion: MBA is the best computer on the market.

I don't believe he straddled the line.
 4 years ago '10        #146
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
avatar space
space
$30,730 | Props total: 19626 19626
 polorsport23 said:
The 780 is a great card. I got mine back in may and have been happy with it compared to the sli gtx 580s I had. It's much quieter and cooler than the sli setup and over clocks easily.


Nvidia has made life a lot easier with this series. GeForce experience optimizes my games, and the oc scanner overlooks my card well past the titans. All with just the push of a button.
Yeah, I'm really on the fence between a 7950 and a 780. It's like I could go mid-range and over-clock, or just sit at the top. It just sucks that Crysis 3 is the only game that's a decent barometer for next-gen PC gaming.
 4 years ago '05        #147
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
avatar space
space
$37,061 | Props total: 10743 10743
 Hovi Bryant said:
Yeah, I'm really on the fence between a 7950 and a 780. It's like I could go mid-range and over-clock, or just sit at the top. It just sucks that Crysis 3 is the only game that's a decent barometer for next-gen PC gaming.
save your bread and SLI 2 of them mufu*kas and never worry about gaming below 60 fps again this gen
 4 years ago '10        #148
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
avatar space
space
$30,730 | Props total: 19626 19626
 P-Hill said:
save your bread and SLI 2 of them mufu*kas and never worry about gaming below 60 fps again this gen
SLI and Crossfire are beasts when it comes to anything over 1080p. That's where they really shine, and savings really come into play imo.

However, I live where it's hot and humid for around 7 months of the year, I'd have to pony up for a case with a lot of fans and vents and a beefy PSU. I'm gonna ride out my 22 inch monitor for as long as I can. Single cards will serve me well in this case.
 4 years ago '05        #149
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
avatar space
space
$37,061 | Props total: 10743 10743
 Hovi Bryant said:
SLI and Crossfire are beasts when it comes to anything over 1080p. That's where they really shine, and savings really come into play imo.

However, I live where it's hot and humid for around 7 months of the year, I'd have to pony up for a case with a lot of fans and vents and a beefy PSU. I'm gonna ride out my 22 inch monitor for as long as I can. Single cards will serve me well in this case.
aaahh yeah...here in NY, it's not so bad as far as heat goes (except in the summer) and I mainly SLI'd to consistently stay over 60 fps. My TVs my bottleneck so unless I start downsampling (which I probably should), I won't be gaming over 1080p. I'd go back to monitors but having been gaming on a 40"+ TV for so long I can't see myself going back to something smaller for entertainment.

I definitely feel you, though. Especially if you don't mind 40-60 fps in Crysis, I think single card will do you just fine. Outside of Witcher 3, BF4, and MAYBE Metro: Last Light, I haven't seen anything push a system graphically the way Crysis 3 has so if it's that going to continue to be the measuring stick, 1 card should be straight for you
 4 years ago '10        #150
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
avatar space
space
$30,730 | Props total: 19626 19626
 P-Hill said:
aaahh yeah...here in NY, it's not so bad as far as heat goes (except in the summer) and I mainly SLI'd to consistently stay over 60 fps. My TVs my bottleneck so unless I start downsampling (which I probably should), I won't be gaming over 1080p. I'd go back to monitors but having been gaming on a 40"+ TV for so long I can't see myself going back to something smaller for entertainment.

I definitely feel you, though. Especially if you don't mind 40-60 fps in Crysis, I think single card will do you just fine. Outside of Witcher 3, BF4, and MAYBE Metro: Last Light, I haven't seen anything push a system graphically the way Crysis 3 has so if it's that going to continue to be the measuring stick, 1 card should be straight for you
60fps is the target, especially since I'm dropping all of this cash no doubt. I think I may turn off or use a lower form of AA on high settings versus ultra for most games (if I go mid-range). I'm willing to go for a 780 in price, but then I really have to question what I'm doing.

I spend most of my time gaming with friends on consoles. That's number one for me. Single player games or MMO's would just be exclusive to my rig. That's where I'm not sure my return on the investment may match up. I'm just scouring the net for opinions on how demanding next gen games will be for PC's and then I'll go from there.
 4 years ago '05        #151
PhrozenMenace 
space
avatar space
space
$14,036 | Props total: 1399 1399
a single-double card
 4 years ago '10        #152
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
avatar space
space
$30,730 | Props total: 19626 19626
 PhrozenMenace said:
a single-double card
690's and 7990's?



Too expensive in contrast to the 780 and even the Titan.
 08-01-2013, 11:02 AM         #153
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hovi finally making the move to Master Race. Resistance was futile. Sit back and enjoy the 60fps gaming.

The 780 would be a very good card. That should last you a pretty long time. It has 3GB of RAM which is more than enough for 1080p gaming. If you plan on gaming higher than 1080p, you might want to look into the 4GB cards as well.

It all depends on how long you want to keep the card. If you want to keep it for no more than two years, you might want to go a bit lower in your budget and get the 7950. If you want to keep your card for longer, get the 780.

I am on the fence now about getting another GTX 670. I am most likely going to wait till next year to see what performance the newer gen cards offer. Will probably get the next gen video card then.
 4 years ago '12        #154
Cubs Draco 141 heat pts141
space
avatar space
space
$16,300 | Props total: 3978 3978
 Hovi Bryant said:
60fps is the target, especially since I'm dropping all of this cash no doubt. I think I may turn off or use a lower form of AA on high settings versus ultra for most games (if I go mid-range). I'm willing to go for a 780 in price, but then I really have to question what I'm doing.

I spend most of my time gaming with friends on consoles. That's number one for me. Single player games or MMO's would just be exclusive to my rig. That's where I'm not sure my return on the investment may match up. I'm just scouring the net for opinions on how demanding next gen games will be for PC's and then I'll go from there.
If that's #1 for you then why would you even drop over a stack for a gaming rig that you won't even use that much?
 08-01-2013, 11:05 AM         #155
DarkSidesHero 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Smart idea to wait till next year for a new card. Maxwell will be beast.
 4 years ago '10        #156
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
avatar space
space
$30,730 | Props total: 19626 19626
 Austin Foyt said:
If that's #1 for you then why would you even drop over a stack for a gaming rig that you won't even use that much?
I don't half a.ss anything. No offense.

I want the best console, I want the best rig, I want the best laptop.

For my own needs of course.
 4 years ago '10        #157
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
avatar space
space
$30,730 | Props total: 19626 19626
 DarkSidesHero said:
Smart idea to wait till next year for a new card. Maxwell will be beast.
Aren't we already on Maxwell? With Volta arriving next year?

Even then, I feel like the higher I go on the GPU, the longer the cycle will be.

Mid range is 2-3 years, high end is probably double to say the least. I remember Arson posting a GeForce GTX 8800 running Tomb Raider at 1080p.
 4 years ago '05        #158
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
avatar space
space
$37,061 | Props total: 10743 10743
 Hovi Bryant said:
I don't half a.ss anything. No offense.

I want the best console, I want the best rig, I want the best laptop.

For my own needs of course.
You saying Austin built a fraudulent half a.ss rig?


[pic - click to view]

 4 years ago '10        #159
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
avatar space
space
$30,730 | Props total: 19626 19626
 xeduran said:
Hovi finally making the move to Master Race. Resistance was futile. Sit back and enjoy the 60fps gaming.

The 780 would be a very good card. That should last you a pretty long time. It has 3GB of RAM which is more than enough for 1080p gaming. If you plan on gaming higher than 1080p, you might want to look into the 4GB cards as well.

It all depends on how long you want to keep the card. If you want to keep it for no more than two years, you might want to go a bit lower in your budget and get the 7950. If you want to keep your card for longer, get the 780.

I am on the fence now about getting another GTX 670. I am most likely going to wait till next year to see what performance the newer gen cards offer. Will probably get the next gen video card then.
You'll just SLI the 670's and ride out another year or two?



I think I may just go with a 760-770 for half a year and hope it still has some resale value towards any of the newer cards next year. I'm kinda ruling out the AMD cards even though the price/performance ratio is through the roof. Driver support is supposedly terrible.
 4 years ago '10        #160
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
avatar space
space
$30,730 | Props total: 19626 19626
 P-Hill said:
You saying Austin built a fraudulent half a.ss rig?


[pic - click to view]



He's good for those MMO's. I'm just trying to play, you know, everything if I wanted to.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 51
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
87 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 31
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
40 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 24
Video inside XXXTentacion gets 7 more charges added to his case and asks fans to sho..
93 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 23
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
72 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 19
Video inside Fans Find Doo Doo Condoms and Lube While Digging into Zac Efrons Trash!
227 comments
21 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
 14
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
53 comments
19 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
 12
Article inside ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Early Buzz: A Surprising, Funny and Jaw-Dr..
31 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 12
Image(s) inside Black In Crew: Chicago Baddie & Potential “No PullOut” Candidate
54 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy