Jul 31 - Where's the beef? Fast-food workers in walkout to protest low wages (wants $15hr)

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
60 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA 5 Players Who Were Lebron Before Lebron
52 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '08        #101
T2THEONE 859 heat pts859 OP
space
space
$6,450 | Props total: 1678 1678
 pnoi89 said:
There's 48 weeks in a year.... unless maybe if you were on Venus or something.
ok I see how he came up with that, that's based on working Mon-Fri being 4 weeks in a month NOT including sat-sun. So 4wks a month x 12 months = 48 weeks

Last edited by T2THEONE; 08-01-2013 at 01:42 PM..
 4 years ago '07        #102
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,445 | Props total: 16189 16189
 T2THEONE said:
What the jobs lookin like out there
horrible, or I would have moved there... he is an RV tech and works off i-25 past loveland so he don;t work in greeley...there I think u workin at that beef factory if you want money..or like 3 jobs...but aye if rent is that cheap any job might do...that was back in like 06 tho..not sure what increases have been made on rent market
 4 years ago '08        #103
space
space
 Damagegadget said:
horrible, or I would have moved there... he is an RV tech and works off i-25 past loveland so he don;t work in greeley...there I think u workin at that beef factory if you want money..or like 3 jobs...but aye if rent is that cheap any job might do...that was back in like 06 tho..not sure what increases have been made on rent market
 4 years ago '05        #104
jwest600 
space
space
$977 | Props total: 11 11
 Methadon said:
Because moving is just so cheap and affordable?
That precisely my point... it isnt easy to move... everybody wants it easy... but that isnt an excuse to stay somewhere where you feel you're undervalued... moving is an expense, that if you actually saved up for then it is manageable, especially if you are moving for a JOB.... if there arent jobs where you are "comfortable" then you need to go where you can make a living instead of complaining about where you are at...
 4 years ago '12        #105
Bazileus 90 heat pts90
space
space
$7,033 | Props total: 4846 4846
 JayDee11 said:
While everyone should value education, please don't act as if financial ruin is guaranteed without it. I have a degree and make a damn good salary. However, I made more money while I was contracting overseas years ago. Before I even even earned my first college credit. If it wasn't for a herniated disc, I would probably still be overseas making even more than I make now. It's not about education. It about corporations neglecting their #1 a.sset. I don't understand how people can witness this obvious mistreatment and still find ways to justify it. You say "earn your pay" but what exactly do you think these workers do? You think McDonalds is able to serve over 75 burgers every second because their employees sit around, scratching their a.sses? I never worked a day in a fast food restaurant but it should be common sense that the position is extremely demanding. I hope they get that $15 an hour raise because the sheer madness of the position combined with the years of neglect equates to them deserving every damn penny.
 4 years ago '07        #106
varun313 
space
space
space
$3,357 | Props total: 1092 1092
 JayDee11 said:
While everyone should value education, please don't act as if financial ruin is guaranteed without it. I have a degree and make a damn good salary. However, I made more money while I was contracting overseas years ago. Before I even even earned my first college credit. If it wasn't for a herniated disc, I would probably still be overseas making even more than I make now. It's not about education. It about corporations neglecting their #1 a.sset. I don't understand how people can witness this obvious mistreatment and still find ways to justify it. You say "earn your pay" but what exactly do you think these workers do? You think McDonalds is able to serve over 75 burgers every second because their employees sit around, scratching their a.sses? I never worked a day in a fast food restaurant but it should be common sense that the position is extremely demanding. I hope they get that $15 an hour raise because the sheer madness of the position combined with the years of neglect equates to them deserving every damn penny.
i agree give them a fu*ken raise please. Burger flippers cant even get my orders right .

I order a m chicken with light mayo and they give me a mcchicken with cheese on there . im like wtf??
talk about being real demanding on the job

Its simple Dumbasses work these worthless jobs because its all they know. Too stupid to figure anything else out.

Theres so many ways to make money in this country. Americans complain the most, go to the next country lets see how better off you are lol

Last edited by varun313; 08-01-2013 at 02:02 PM..
 4 years ago '08        #107
Kewop Decam 81 heat pts81
space
space
space
$15,998 | Props total: 9801 9801
 T2THEONE said:
ok I see how he came up with that, that's based on working Mon-Fri being 4 weeks in a month NOT including sat-sun. So 4wks a month x 12 months = 48 weeks
Yea... You're ignoring how many days there are in a month...

365 days divide by 7...
 4 years ago '11        #108
xo xo xo 85 heat pts85
space
space
space
$5,426 | Props total: 427 427
 JayDee11 said:
Some of these fools are not living in reality.
 4 years ago '10        #109
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 pnoi89 said:
There's 48 weeks in a year.... unless maybe if you were on Venus or something.
 4 years ago '07        #110
varun313 
space
space
space
$3,357 | Props total: 1092 1092
 Lazy Mikey said:
Yes a piece of paper for 100 grand is well worth it in these days.

Im from Chicago, all my buddies went to college - I stayed in the trades. I Own my house, own my car, going to be starting a family soon. My friends are all in debt and most live at home with the Ps still cause they have 900$/mo student loans. The ones that are renting a place have to work their 'degree' job for 25-35 a year, plus a bullsh*t retail or waiter job to get by. I do have ONE bud that made off real well hes pulling 150k/yr working for BFGoodrich doing tests with rubber and creating new ideas for tires, he actually pulled 300k last year cause the company matched his salary for an xmas bonus which got me jealous as fu*k.

But all in all Im one to believe college isn't the best solution because of the sh*t Ive seen around me, I'm sure certain areas are better than others obviously but IMO you don't need that piece of paper to make a nice living.... Either way you have to work your a.ss off and McDonald's isn't a career.
yea fu*k an education. You dont need a degree in this day n age. You will still be successful and have better chances without one.
 4 years ago '05        #111
pnoi89 11 heat pts11
space
space
$11,312 | Props total: 4736 4736
 T2THEONE said:
There's no saving myself from that one...

But ~48 weeks worth of pay unless people really work their normal work schedule without any vacation or holidays. Yes, I'm a.ssuming that most of these poor workers don't get PTO and holidays.
 4 years ago '08        #112
space
space
 Kewop Decam said:
Yea... You're ignoring how many days there are in a month...

365 days divide by 7...
yeah, I understand what your saying but if you ONLY work MON-FRI for the entire year, he's a.ssuming your going to work 48 weeks 4 weeks in a month, I know some weeks go into another month but that final check of the year will most likely fall in to the new year.

Some jobs hold one weeks pay or two weeks, so if you quit or get fired you usually have another check or two coming to you. Also i'm not sure which holidays they are closed etc

Last edited by T2THEONE; 08-01-2013 at 02:20 PM..
 4 years ago '06        #113
MasterP 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,543 | Props total: 766 766
People really should take a course in economics just so they understand how everything works.

I hope they get an increase in wages, that would be fantastic FOR the people who have seniority. As the wages increase, there will be less demand for workers while the supply will increase as more people will see working at a fast food restaurant as an enticing idea. This will result in those with seniority in the company being better compensated BUT having to take on more responsibility (less workers). Furthermore, those who are undervalued and newer in the company will be laid off without hesitation to cut costs for the company.

To be honest, I fear that this will motivate the companies to come up with ways to replace human workers. That would bring utter chaos but it seems inevitable. It isn't difficult to replace McDonald's workers with automated screens that you order off of yourself... When workers are no longer beneficial to the company, they will look for alternatives.

This is a very dangerous game. In Canada we see the repercussions of some of these cases all the time, such as the government regulated teacher salaries that has many hopeful-teachers unemployed currently.
 4 years ago '05        #114
pnoi89 11 heat pts11
space
space
$11,312 | Props total: 4736 4736
 T2THEONE said:
yeah, I understand what your saying but if you ONLY work MON-FRI for the entire year, he's a.ssuming your going to work 48 weeks 4 weeks in a month, I know some weeks go into another month but that final check of the year will most likely fall in to the new year.
Thanks for trying to explain it, but I was completely wrong.
 4 years ago '08        #115
space
space
 pnoi89 said:
Thanks for trying to explain it, but I was completely wrong.
nah Kewop Decam brought up a good point tho, I could be off myself but at the end of the day, those workers don't make sh*t.
 4 years ago '04        #116
babalou 
space
space
$12,433 | Props total: 17 17
 sincerethought said:
if they get $15 im going to my boss for a raise
 T2THEONE said:
You and EVERYBODY else
this.

you know ALOT of companies got their fingers cross that their employees dont come thru asking for a raise on some Mickey Ds sh*t
 08-01-2013, 04:00 PM         #117
Bad Gorilla 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jsmooth-117 said:
I am a personal banker and my base pay is 16.00 and I make a good living I feel. My responsiblities far outweigh theirs at McDonald's. No way in hell 15.00 is justifiable. Period

at 16per hour being a good living.
 4 years ago '04        #118
matelyan 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,872 | Props total: 1907 1907
 babalou said:
this.

you know ALOT of companies got their fingers cross that their employees dont come thru asking for a raise on some Mickey Ds sh*t

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '05        #119
jwest600 
space
space
$977 | Props total: 11 11
 babalou said:
this.

...If a McDonald worker's salary is doubled to $15/hr then EVERYBODY else's salary in the world should be doubled as well...fu*k that MCDonalds aint a hard job some of ya'll are funny... I did fast food as a kid (Mickey D's and Taco Bell...) and made 5.75/hr minimum wage as a stepping stone until I got something better/ saved enough money for school, and I understood that there was no way I would try to make a living off of it... saying that they are being exploited for there hard labor is bullsh*t, and working in Fast food doesn't even COMPARE to the amount of stress a corporate job puts on you... there are some people at my gig making $15/hr that work their butts off everyday and are in school part time so they can get more $$, and ya'll sympathize with someone who CHOSE to work at a Mickey D's bc they felt that thats all they could do?? GTFOH...

If these n*ggas want more $$ they need to get out and get it simple as that... fast food jobs arent fu*king careers and even McDonald's ENCOURAGES its employees to get 2nd jobs or better themselves... if you give these bum n*ggas more money without them actually bettering themselves then whats their motivation to do better?

If your only goal is to make a decent livng while working fast food then you deserve the measly pennies that they give ur a.ss..
 4 years ago '13        #120
Jaidon05 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$138 | Props total: 1 1
 kuntree_swagger said:
goto school, get something higher then highschool diploma or a GED and earn your pay.....life is not that hard.....but when you dont take advantage of the sh*t placed infront of you ...then you are the only ones to blame on your suffering......

Janitors make good money, but people dont wanna deal with sh*t......I'd rather deal with sh*t and make 11-12 a hour over sh*tty rude a.ss people in fast food and just make 8-9 a hour

Is that so??? We'll I can name several people that went to school and have respectful degrees only to be in debit and working at car dealerships.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
46 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
26 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
82 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
126 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
57 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
347 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
16 comments
1 day ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy