Jul 31 - Where's the beef? Fast-food workers in walkout to protest low wages (wants $15hr)

most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
152 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
197 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
57 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '05        #61
Opm 
space
space
space
$1,341 | Props total: 0 0
anybody who makes under 20 an hour is a fu*king loser parasite. y'all n*ggas bringing this whole planet down with your BS work ethic and retardation.
 4 years ago '04        #62
matelyan 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,870 | Props total: 1905 1905
 Opm said:
anybody who makes under 20 an hour is a fu*king loser parasite. y'all n*ggas bringing this whole planet down with your BS work ethic and retardation.
What's with all the self-loathing? You know you're either unemployed or earning well under $20 an hour.

And the irony of you calling people retarded. Your entire post above is foolish and ignorant and definitely without merit.

I know plenty of people in the $15-19 an hour range working their a.ss off and performing well for their companies.
 08-01-2013, 11:18 AM         #63
Tha Problum 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 matelyan said:
What's with all the self-loathing? You know you're either unemployed or earning well under $20 an hour.

And the irony of you calling people retarded. Your entire post above is foolish and ignorant and definitely without merit.

I know plenty of people in the $15-19 an hour range working their a.ss off and performing well for their companies.
He's trolling.
 4 years ago '04        #64
matelyan 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,870 | Props total: 1905 1905
 Tha Problum said:
He's trolling.
And I took the bait
 4 years ago '07        #65
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,384 | Props total: 16046 16046
fast food work easy? its just as easy as any service industry work. Thats like saying being a waiter is easy. All you do is take orders riight?

Fastfood is a customer service based industry, it is only as easy as the people your going to have to deal with.
 4 years ago '08        #66
T2THEONE 859 heat pts859 OP
space
space
$6,450 | Props total: 1678 1678
 matelyan said:
And I took the bait

yes you did my friend

Damagegadget said:
fast food work easy? its just as easy as any service industry work. Thats like saying being a waiter is easy. All you do is take orders riight?

Fastfood is a customer service based industry, it is only as easy as the people your going to have to deal with.
Your kinda right, I worked fast food in high school, and you won't believe some of the a*shole customers we use to get.

Oh my ice isn't cold enough, my coffee is to hot, the fries aren't salty enough, I thought it was 99 cents, "what do you mean TAX"
 4 years ago '07        #67
space
space
 T2THEONE said:
yes you did my friend

Your kinda right, I worked fast food in high school, and you won't believe some of the a*shole customers we use to get.

Oh my ice isn't cold enough, my coffee is to hot, the fries aren't salty enough, I thought it was 99 cents, "what do you mean TAX"

really lol like ice ..ice has one temp...frozen
 4 years ago '08        #68
space
space
 Damagegadget said:

really lol like ice ..ice has one temp...frozen
I was exaggerating of course, but I would get some off the wall complaints similar to that tho
 4 years ago '05        #69
jwest600 
space
space
$977 | Props total: 11 11
@ people trying to "make a decent living" working at McDonalds...

I havent made less than $15/hr since highschool, and that because I chose not to... I got off my a.ss and learned a skill, got/paid for out of my pocket a MBA and Culinary Certificate... and I deserve to get paid what i get paid bc I invested in myself and put the work in... fu*k all these bums trying to "live comfortably" on a fu*king fast food gig... that sh*t requires 0 skill... just another example of people wanting more than they are willing to work for...thats America

And all of you questionning why the CEO of the company needs 8 million? Probably bc he's worked his a.ss off for 25+ years getting the education, and experience needed to be able to manage a multi-billion dollar business and the extreme stress/liability that comes with it... Didnt nobody force these bums to work at Mickey D's as a "career" and if they cant make a living off a job that really is for 15-16 yr olds with no bills than they need to step they life up and find a new job...
 4 years ago '04        #70
Methadon 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,039 | Props total: 18 18
 jwest600 said:
@ people trying to "make a decent living" working at McDonalds...

I havent made less than $15/hr since highschool, and that because I chose not to... I got off my a.ss and learned a skill, got/paid for out of my pocket a MBA and Culinary Certificate... and I deserve to get paid what i get paid bc I invested in myself and put the work in... fu*k all these bums trying to "live comfortably" on a fu*king fast food gig... that sh*t requires 0 skill... just another example of people wanting more than they are willing to work for...thats America

And all of you questionning why the CEO of the company needs 8 million? Probably bc he's worked his a.ss off for 25+ years getting the education, and experience needed to be able to manage a multi-billion dollar business and the extreme stress/liability that comes with it... Didnt nobody force these bums to work at Mickey D's as a "career" and if they cant make a living off a job that really is for 15-16 yr olds with no bills than they need to step they life up and find a new job...
I think we all agree that getting an education and being pro-active about obtaining a good stable income are things that EVERYONE needs to do. The main issue here is that cost of living has increased.

People like Neil Cavuto get on TV indicating when they started working (in 1974), they made a meager $2/hr. What they fail to take into consideration is that with inflation, this would equal $9.47/hr, which is about 28 cents more than the highest minimum wage in the country ($9.19/hr in Washington state).

Most people's jobs haven't really gone up with inflation. Furthermore, major corporations like Wal-Mart & McDonald's cut employee hours to keep them UNDER 40 hours a week, so they don't have to give employees benefits packages.

PEOPLE WITH FULL-TIME JOBS SHOULD NOT BE ON FOOD STAMPS. But considering they might get cut to 38.5 hours on some slick sh*t, they have no choice (oh, and no health insurance). Meanwhile, we (or the government, which is still us) are giving these same corporations huge fu*king sums of cash in the forms of subsidies n' sh*t. If you pay attention to taxes (or at least pay them), this should outrage and infuriate you.

That's why "Obama-care" (Romney-care?) is such a big issue for businesses - I've seen and heard tons of people complain about how it would ruin their business and make them unable to keep afloat, which completely disregards the fact that their business is BASED on paying their employees as little as possible, and keeping them as benefit-less as possible. Companies like Costco pay their employees (or dumb employees, if you hate Costco ) over $15/hr, AND provide full health benefits, and still managed to make record profits last year.

The counter-point is always "If I pay my employees more, then I'll have to raise my prices, and I won't be able to compete". Valid point, but you set your business up wrong from the get-go. Don't be mad you're running out of ways to get reduced prices on labor - do it yourself if you wanna save the money
 4 years ago '05        #71
pnoi89 11 heat pts11
space
space
$11,294 | Props total: 4711 4711
 T2THEONE said:
#1 Your right a lot of employees do pay over the min wage, my problem is how did they agree on $7.25hr the min. What's this based on, as I stated above (WHERE ARE YOU LIVING ) on this wage.

#2 In n Out burger is ONLY on the west coast and EVERYONE can't work at BK. But i feel ya, I'm just playing devil's advocate here.

#1 FSFA will not pay for ALL your expenses. If that's the case the student loan debt will not be larger than the credit card debt in this country (yes you can take out loans but they want you to contribute something )

#2 As far as the sh*tty cities like Pueblo or Greeley, how much would rent be there
I should reword that, because you're right. It also depends on other factors like your Expected Family Contribution (EFC). In some cases, when your EFC is low enough and have other grants to piggy bank on, in-state tuition, etc., then all tuition could be all paid for with some refund money to take care whatever else..

Colorado Springs, you can get a decently size 2 bedroom, 1 bath apartment for $700. And it could be lower in some cases. So these sh*ttier cities like Pueblo are even cheaper than this.

Methadon said:
I think we all agree that getting an education and being pro-active about obtaining a good stable income are things that EVERYONE needs to do. The main issue here is that cost of living has increased.

People like Neil Cavuto get on TV indicating when they started working (in 1974), they made a meager $2/hr. What they fail to take into consideration is that with inflation, this would equal $9.47/hr, which is about 28 cents more than the highest minimum wage in the country ($9.19/hr in Washington state).

Most people's jobs haven't really gone up with inflation. Furthermore, major corporations like Wal-Mart & McDonald's cut employee hours to keep them UNDER 40 hours a week, so they don't have to give employees benefits packages.

PEOPLE WITH FULL-TIME JOBS SHOULD NOT BE ON FOOD STAMPS. But considering they might get cut to 38.5 hours on some slick sh*t, they have no choice (oh, and no health insurance). Meanwhile, we (or the government, which is still us) are giving these same corporations huge fu*king sums of cash in the forms of subsidies n' sh*t. If you pay attention to taxes (or at least pay them), this should outrage and infuriate you.

That's why "Obama-care" (Romney-care?) is such a big issue for businesses - I've seen and heard tons of people complain about how it would ruin their business and make them unable to keep afloat, which completely disregards the fact that their business is BASED on paying their employees as little as possible, and keeping them as benefit-less as possible. Companies like Costco pay their employees (or dumb employees, if you hate Costco ) over $15/hr, AND provide full health benefits, and still managed to make record profits last year.

The counter-point is always "If I pay my employees more, then I'll have to raise my prices, and I won't be able to compete". Valid point, but you set your business up wrong from the get-go. Don't be mad you're running out of ways to get reduced prices on labor - do it yourself if you wanna save the money
Those full health benefits, even at subsidized prices may still be not that affordable to these people living on $15 an hour or less income. Some are fortunate to have the health and dental paid 100%, and some companies have their employees pay a decent amount for the company plans (~$100 for both health and dental, for example). Even ~$100 a month may be too much for those who make less than $15 an hour, unfortunately. So I can't even imagine those who are making less than $10 an hour to even accept these subsidized health benefits unless it's completely paid for by the company. In some ways, Obama-care may be for the benefit of many, but in my case, not so much if it end up fu*kin' up my company's current insurance plan. It's such as lose-lose situation regardless.

Last edited by pnoi89; 08-01-2013 at 12:11 PM..
 4 years ago '06        #72
davon4204 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,172 | Props total: 1613 1613
 erickonasis said:
They def deserve more than 725...thats ridiculous

And the Big corporation owners and executives are making all the money and don't have to do no hard work at all. sh*t is so unequal and unfair.
 4 years ago '08        #73
space
space
75 years = $7.00 increase

FEDERAL MINIMUM WAGE HISTORY

Effective Date | Hourly Wage
10/24/1938 $0.25
10/24/1939 $0.30
10/24/1945 $0.40
01/25/1950 $0.75
03/01/1956 $1.00
09/03/1961 $1.15
09/03/1963 $1.25
02/01/1967 $1.40
02/01/1968 $1.60
05/01/1974 $2.00
01/01/1975 $2.10
01/01/1976 $2.30
01/01/1978 $2.65
01/01/1979 $2.90
01/01/1980 $3.10
01/01/1981 $3.35
04/01/1990 $3.80
04/01/1991 $4.25
10/01/1996 $4.75
09/01/1997 $5.15
07/24/2007 $5.85
07/24/2008 $6.55
07/24/2009 $7.25

4 years ago '05        #74
pnoi89 11 heat pts11
space
space
 T2THEONE said:
75 years = $7.00 increase

FEDERAL MINIMUM WAGE HISTORY

Effective Date | Hourly Wage
10/24/1938 $0.25
10/24/1939 $0.30
10/24/1945 $0.40
01/25/1950 $0.75
03/01/1956 $1.00
09/03/1961 $1.15
09/03/1963 $1.25
02/01/1967 $1.40
02/01/1968 $1.60
05/01/1974 $2.00
01/01/1975 $2.10
01/01/1976 $2.30
01/01/1978 $2.65
01/01/1979 $2.90
01/01/1980 $3.10
01/01/1981 $3.35
04/01/1990 $3.80
04/01/1991 $4.25
10/01/1996 $4.75
09/01/1997 $5.15
07/24/2007 $5.85
07/24/2008 $6.55
07/24/2009 $7.25

After taking a second look, these New Yorker definitely have a case here....

A lot of us are talking sh*t (including me) about sucking it up and finding a better job. One thing most of us don't realize, especially the ones who aren't living in New York, why the hell is their minimum wage in New York only at $7.25?

Colorado's (where I'm located) is higher than that.... hell, even Mon-fu*kin'-tana has a higher minimum wage than that.
 08-01-2013, 12:19 PM         #75
Lazy Mikey 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Impeccable said:
15$?

Go get yaself a college degree f*ggots
Yes a piece of paper for 100 grand is well worth it in these days.

Im from Chicago, all my buddies went to college - I stayed in the trades. I Own my house, own my car, going to be starting a family soon. My friends are all in debt and most live at home with the Ps still cause they have 900$/mo student loans. The ones that are renting a place have to work their 'degree' job for 25-35 a year, plus a bullsh*t retail or waiter job to get by. I do have ONE bud that made off real well hes pulling 150k/yr working for BFGoodrich doing tests with rubber and creating new ideas for tires, he actually pulled 300k last year cause the company matched his salary for an xmas bonus which got me jealous as fu*k.

But all in all Im one to believe college isn't the best solution because of the sh*t Ive seen around me, I'm sure certain areas are better than others obviously but IMO you don't need that piece of paper to make a nice living.... Either way you have to work your a.ss off and McDonald's isn't a career.
 4 years ago '05        #76
jwest600 
space
space
 pnoi89 said:
After taking a second look, these New Yorker definitely have a case here....

A lot of us are talking sh*t (including me) about sucking it up and finding a better job. One thing most of us don't realize, especially the ones who aren't living in New York, why the hell is their minimum wage in New York only at $7.25?

Colorado's (where I'm located) is higher than that.... hell, even Mon-fu*kin'-tana has a higher minimum wage than that.
They could always leave New York...
 4 years ago '07        #77
space
space
 T2THEONE said:
#1 Your right a lot of employees do pay over the min wage, my problem is how did they agree on $7.25hr the min. What's this based on, as I stated above (WHERE ARE YOU LIVING ) on this wage.

#2 In n Out burger is ONLY on the west coast and EVERYONE can't work at BK. But i feel ya, I'm just playing devil's advocate here.

#1 FSFA will not pay for ALL your expenses. If that's the case the student loan debt will not be larger than the credit card debt in this country (yes you can take out loans but they want you to contribute something )

#2 As far as the sh*tty cities like Pueblo or Greeley, how much would rent be there
dude lives in springs?? where the cute Mcdeez chics at tho lol

rent extra cheap in G town and pueblo from what I hear

I remember the homie had a 2 story house in greeley for like 400 a month
 4 years ago '05        #78
pnoi89 11 heat pts11
space
space
 Lazy Mikey said:

Im from Chicago, all my buddies went to college - I stayed in the trades. I Own my house, own my car, going to be starting a family soon. My friends are all in debt and most live at home with the Ps still cause they have 900$/mo student loans. The ones that are renting a place have to work their 'degree' job for 25-35 a year, plus a bullsh*t retail or waiter job to get by. I do have ONE bud that made off real well hes pulling 150k/yr working for BFGoodrich doing tests with rubber and creating new ideas for tires, he actually pulled 300k last year cause the company matched his salary for an xmas bonus which got me jealous as fu*k.

But all in all Im one to believe college isn't the best solution because of the sh*t Ive seen around me, I'm sure certain areas are better than others obviously but IMO you don't need that piece of paper to make a nice living.... Either way you have to work your a.ss off and McDonald's isn't a career.
I'm confused how some students get drowned in this much debt, unless you went to school for a professional degree (medical, law, etc.).

at being 6 figures deep for a bachelor's degree and/or master's degree.
 4 years ago '05        #79
pnoi89 11 heat pts11
space
space
 Damagegadget said:
dude lives in springs?? where the cute Mcdeez chics at tho lol

rent extra cheap in G town and pueblo from what I hear

I remember the homie had a 2 story house in greeley for like 400 a month
The Burger King I used to work at in the Springs had some bad a.ss bi*ches...

I'm in Denver now. I found that the bad bi*ches work at Wendy's and Chick-Fil-A... And that's only fast food. If we talking about restaurants, Twin Peaks and Buffalo Wild Wings man...
 4 years ago '05        #80
jwest600 
space
space
 Lazy Mikey said:

You are right college isnt for everyone... but you and the people you mentioned all invested in some sort of education for yourself whether it be in a trade school, a certificate, an apprentiship... it may not have been "colleg" per se, but you did SOMETHING to be able to earn that amount of bread... people think they should just be able to stay stagnant and make money and it dont work that way..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
75 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
24 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
296 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
175 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
123 comments
2 days ago