Jul 31 - Where's the beef? Fast-food workers in walkout to protest low wages (wants $15hr)

most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
86 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
193 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
79 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
15 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '05        #41
Andrefrbk 1067 heat pts1067
space
space
$22,889 | Props total: 5126 5126
 T2THEONE said:

Intresting
Id be fine with paying the added cost to give the workers a living wage.

ps id be applying there while im there too.

Last edited by Andrefrbk; 08-01-2013 at 03:00 AM..
 4 years ago '05        #42
FlamboyantOne 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,583 | Props total: 9 9
Thing is....the 7.25 is BEFORE TAXES

So really.....they making what......5 and some change really?
 4 years ago '05        #43
Andrefrbk 1067 heat pts1067
space
space
$22,889 | Props total: 5126 5126
People dont realize the level inflation we are facing. We say 15 is too much but in reality its not.

Think about the cost of everything in relation to the pay.

Realistically, anything thing below 15 is unlivable. I say unlivable because you cant buy a car, a home, or support another person with this wage. And the America was built on higher wages. So people can afford stuff and eventually enter the middle/upper classes. Now its almost slave labor.

Think about it 7 after taxes = Just enough for a t shirt, some gas, and maybe your phone bill. Not exactly fair when the CEO's of the company are making millions a year to sit in a office and point to stuff.

America was not build on this type of raw dealings. If we want to continue to build a GOOD society we need to pay workers a living wage no matter what they do for a living. If they are working, providing a service, then decent wages should be made. Atleast 12, come on. Look at the rate of inflation guys.
 4 years ago '06        #44
Stupid Fresh 183 heat pts183
space
space
$24,239 | Props total: 5042 5042
i dont eat fast food anymore so whatever, get your money
 4 years ago '04        #45
cuzjuan 4 heat pts
space
space
$3,168 | Props total: 549 549
 matelyan said:
If McDonald's doubled their employees wages, a Big Mac would only cost $0.68 more.

And I'm not saying they should earn $15.00 an hour, but at least $10-11
n*ggas need to move to canada.... 10.25 in ontario, canada anywhere you work its law!!!
other provinces start at 12 and more... america lost but then again thats how you guys won in the first place..... explotation from k!lling and stealing from natives, to slaving blacks to basically slaving chinks on railroads and then using paki's who wanna be whitey to do their non labourous biddings... ie. working for lower wages than any other racial group could possibly live on!!

god bless ameriKKKa and no one else, america fu*k YEAH!
 08-01-2013, 06:45 AM         #46
Tha Problum 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 messy marv stan said:
if ur a resteraunt worker and get any tips it has to be reported on income tax forms
the irs regime changed the law so anything over $20 a month in tips has to be reported
You don't have to report any cash tips. It's your decision if you want to be an idiot and do that

FlamboyantOne said:

There's high schoolers working at mcdonalds making over 11 an hour in my city. Back in high school my classmate made like 10.50, and that was some years back.

Last edited by Tha Problum; 08-01-2013 at 06:50 AM..
 4 years ago '07        #47
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,790 | Props total: 14597 14597
 cuzjuan said:
n*ggas need to move to canada.... 10.25 in ontario, canada anywhere you work its law!!!
other provinces start at 12 and more... america lost but then again thats how you guys won in the first place..... explotation from k!lling and stealing from natives, to slaving blacks to basically slaving chinks on railroads and then using paki's who wanna be whitey to do their non labourous biddings... ie. working for lower wages than any other racial group could possibly live on!!

god bless ameriKKKa and no one else, america fu*k YEAH!
Heard yall tax out the a.ss though.

matelyan said:
If McDonald's doubled their employees wages, a Big Mac would only cost $0.68 more.

And I'm not saying they should earn $15.00 an hour, but at least $10-11

I slightly agree w/ you maybe 9 the lowest. Even w/ that increase in prices for their food people will still buy that nasty sh*t because its convenient.
 4 years ago '08        #48
T2THEONE 859 heat pts859 OP
space
space
$6,451 | Props total: 1678 1678
 Methadon said:
Your responsibilities include finding ways to fu*k my account and changing order of charge-offs if it means additional overdraft fees can come out of it (i.e.: if we remove THIS form their account first, they'll be NSF faster, so we can hit 'em with another $35 fee). If I complain, fu*k me - just close my account and tell me to find another bank.

If I goto McDonald's, your responsibilities include giving me hot, fast, fake-ass "food", and putting up with my sh*t, even when I'm wrong.

Those things being said, you're not the factor in why they deserve a raise. Look at what they're getting vs cost of living. Then look at how much the company makes vs how much it pays to its workers. THEN watch that video or read the report on how it would only raise the price of your food by 17 cents to 68 cents, while vastly increasing the quality of life of the workforce (and therefore the quality of your food, since they'll be far less likely to rub their balls on your order).

So you're worth more than a McDonald's worker because.... you wear a tie?

fu*k everybody who I think I'm better than, because their lives being better doesn't affect my life, but threatens how much better my life might look when compared to theirs...
 Andrefrbk said:
Id be fine with paying the added cost to give the workers a living wage.

ps id be applying there while im there too.
 FlamboyantOne said:

Good points
 4 years ago '08        #49
space
space
I feel what people are saying on BOTH sides of the argument, I look at it this way, there bringing home roughly 1,000 A MONTH after taxes if they work a 40 hour week.

Let's say you are renting out a room somewhere for $150 a week (depending on where you live price might be higher or lower)

Now after you pay your rent for the month ($600) your left with $400

Now let's say you don't have a car and you catch the bus or train to work. (Depending on where you live at, this number can be higher or lower, but I will use a low number) $150 a month for travel to and from work.

So, so far we have $600 a month just to rent a room, and $150 for travel, now we're left with $250 for THE MONTH

Ok now let's say you want some groceries, once again I'm throwing out a low number $40 a week for groceries so that would be $160 for the month

Were down to $90 for the month

Ok, now let's say I'm currently looking for a new job or a 2nd job to improve my living standards. I get a metro phone with the most basic plan they have so I can have a way for people to call me for a interview. Lets say I pay $35 a month

Were at $55 fellas,

This would be for a SINGLE person, living in the WORST possible area at those prices.

I left the internet off, because you can go to the public library and use their computers. I also left the cable off, because that's a luxury.

I'm not blaming the CEO'S for this nor am I blaming the people that want more for this either, but how does the government come up with this number for MIN WAGE what's the equation for how they come up with this number.

The numbers don't add up, $7.25 but the gas is close to or at $4 a gallon in some places. That's more than HALF your pay an hour. Also when the gas goes up, so does your food and travel cost.

I understand that these were jobs for kids in high school back in the day, but as you can see more and more adults are working these jobs as the times are changing.

Let's say you want to go back to school and get a degree, and you get fin-aid, where is the money coming from for books, school supplies etc. Remember ALL you have is $55 for the month.

Lord forbid, you have a girlfriend, or want to have any type of entertainment.

Last edited by T2THEONE; 08-01-2013 at 10:05 AM..
 4 years ago '04        #50
matelyan 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,873 | Props total: 1909 1909
In-N-Out Burger Salaries

US - All Cities

Updated Jul 30, 2013

Salaries in USD United States

Associate - Hourly
$10.53/hr

Associate Level IV - Hourly
$10.78/hr

Cook - Hourly
$12.23/hr

Level V - Hourly
$11.82/hr

Level 7 - Hourly
13.19/hr

Asistant Manager
$51,200

In-N-Out is a $500 Million company. And they only operate on the West Coast. And they pay their employees well with decent dental and health benefits and 401K.

McDonald's generates more revenue and operates in several nations around the globe. It is s a billion dollar corporation.

I don't see any reason why they can't pay their employees a comparable wage. They're doing the same jobs.
 08-01-2013, 10:15 AM         #51
Infamous B 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WizLatifa said:
Ok so what are you going to do ? The CEOs owe them nothing in a capitalist society, if you don't like the wage quit. I don't mean to be harsh but thats how things are , they can protest all they want for better wages but their lack of skills grants them no leverage so they can easily be replaced. 10 -11 would be reasonable but the top dogs don't want to to take a pay cut and they shouldn't have to based on the ideals this country was built on. I might sound condescending but thats just how things work in our self interest-based and individualized society.
this. its like the girl who's BD beats on her every day and she cries and complains and asks him to change, when she has the power to leave and forge a new lifestyle for herself.

and if McD's employees are making $15/hr, please believe a McChicken will cost more than $1.17
 08-01-2013, 10:19 AM         #52
Tha Problum 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Mcdonalds employees all over the country do not make 7.25. People keep spreading this false information. Are we limiting this argument to just new york mcdonalds employees? Because even then I'm sure not all of them are making that.

matelyan said:
In-N-Out Burger Salaries

US - All Cities

Updated Jul 30, 2013

Associate - Hourly
$10.53/hr

$10.78/hr

Cook - Hourly
$12.23/hr

Level V - Hourly
$11.82/hr

Level 7 - Hourly
13.19/hr

Asistant Manager
$51,200

In-N-Out is a $500 Million company. And they only operate on the West Coast. And they pay their employees well with decent dental and health benefits and 401K.

McDonald's generates more revenue and operates in several nations around the globe. It is s a billion dollar corporation.

I don't see any reason why they can't pay their employees a comparable wage. They're doing the same jobs.

Why don't these people just apply to in n out burger and burger king then
 4 years ago '08        #53
space
space
 matelyan said:
In-N-Out Burger Salaries

US - All Cities

Updated Jul 30, 2013

Associate - Hourly
$10.53/hr

$10.78/hr

Cook - Hourly
$12.23/hr

Level V - Hourly
$11.82/hr

Level 7 - Hourly
13.19/hr

Asistant Manager
$51,200

4 years ago '04        #54
Shizz|M 
space
space
$7,364 | Props total: 227 227
fu*k all the politcial sh*t.. if they raise that sh*t to 15/hr..I FOUND MY SECOND JOB... ...easy fu*king money
 4 years ago '05        #55
pnoi89 11 heat pts11
space
space
$11,314 | Props total: 4740 4740
 T2THEONE said:
I feel what people are saying on BOTH sides of the argument, I look at it this way, there bringing home roughly 1,000 A MONTH after taxes if they work a 40 hour week.

Let's say you are renting out a room somewhere for $150 a week (depending on where you live price might be higher or lower)

Now after you pay your rent for the month ($600) your left with $400

Now let's say you don't have a car and you catch the bus or train to work. (Depending on where you live at, this number can be higher or lower, but I will use a low number) $150 a month for travel to and from work.

So, so far we have $600 a month just to rent a room, and $150 for travel, now we're left with $250 for THE MONTH

Ok now let's say you want some groceries, once again I'm throwing out a low number $40 a week for groceries so that would be $160 for the month

Were down to $90 for the month

Ok, now let's say I'm currently looking for a new job or a 2nd job to improve my living standards. I get a metro phone with the most basic plan they have so I can have a way for people to call me for a interview. Lets say I pay $35 a month

Were at $55 fellas,

This would be for a SINGLE person, living in the WORST possible area at those prices.

I left the internet off, because you can go to the public library and use their computers. I also left the cable off, because that's a luxury.

I'm not blaming the CEO'S for this nor am I blaming the people that want more for this either, but how does the government come up with this number for MIN WAGE what's the equation for how they come up with this number.

The numbers don't add up, $7.25 but the gas is close to or at $4 a gallon in some places. That's more than HALF your pay an hour. Also when the gas goes up, so does your food and travel cost.

I understand that these were jobs for kids in high school back in the day, but as you can see more and more adults are working these jobs as the times are changing.

Let's say you want to go back to school and get a degree, and you get fin-aid, where is the money coming from for books, school supplies etc. Remember ALL you have is $55 for the month.

Lord forbid, you have a girlfriend, or want to have any type of entertainment.
FAFSA will likely pay for all of it and leave enough money for books and supplies.

I do agree though, life on that kind of wage hurts. Minimum wage out here in Colorado is just under $8. Unless you're living in the sh*tty cities like Pueblo or Greeley, life would be a struggle to live in the larger cities like Denver or Colorado Springs.

Shizz said:
fu*k all the politcial sh*t.. if they raise that sh*t to 15/hr..I FOUND MY SECOND JOB... ...easy fu*king money
Same here. Some of the McDonald's out here have some fine a.ss girls working there. At my curreny company? Virtually NONE, whatsoever.
 4 years ago '05        #56
pnoi89 11 heat pts11
space
space
$11,314 | Props total: 4740 4740
 Shizz said:
Same here. Some of the McDonald's out here have some fine a.ss girls working there. At my curreny company? Virtually NONE, whatsoever.
 4 years ago '08        #57
space
space
 Tha Problum said:
Mcdonalds employees all over the country do not make 7.25. People keep spreading this false information. Are we limiting this argument to just new york mcdonalds employees? Because even then I'm sure not all of them are making that.

Why don't these people just apply to in n out burger and burger king then
#1 Your right a lot of employees do pay over the min wage, my problem is how did they agree on $7.25hr the min. What's this based on, as I stated above (WHERE ARE YOU LIVING ) on this wage.

#2 In n Out burger is ONLY on the west coast and EVERYONE can't work at BK. But i feel ya, I'm just playing devil's advocate here.

pnoi89 said:
FAFSA will likely pay for all of it and leave enough money for books and supplies.

I do agree though, life on that kind of wage hurts. Minimum wage out here in Colorado is just under $8. Unless you're living in the sh*tty cities like Pueblo or Greeley, life would be a struggle to live in the larger cities like Denver or Colorado Springs.

#1 FSFA will not pay for ALL your expenses. If that's the case the student loan debt will not be larger than the credit card debt in this country (yes you can take out loans but they want you to contribute something )

#2 As far as the sh*tty cities like Pueblo or Greeley, how much would rent be there

Last edited by T2THEONE; 08-01-2013 at 10:53 AM..
 4 years ago '04        #58
Venom 29 heat pts29
space
space
$14,130 | Props total: 784 784
no way they should be making the same amount or sometimes more than some IT jobs
 4 years ago '13        #59
Impeccable 210 heat pts210
space
space
$14,865 | Props total: 1208 1208
15$?

Go get yaself a college degree f*ggots
 4 years ago '08        #60
space
space
 Shizz said:
Home      

most viewed right now
joie chavis
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
52 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
87 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
92 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New Pictures Of DG Yola In Jail
71 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC Watch Season 10 Teaser
56 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
64 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy