Public Enemy: 'Jay Z, Snoop Dogg and Kendrick Lamar aren't hip-hop'

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
76 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
255 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
77 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
163 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-30-2013, 09:36 PM         #101
bigbarcelona 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jose Menez said:
Pretty sure he was talking about the lil richard's and fats domino's

I doubt he was
 4 years ago '05        #102
scooter28Scoote 
space
space
space
$345 | Props total: 1 1
n*ggas hate evolution
 4 years ago '07        #103
djkamikaze 179 heat pts179
space
space
$1,177 | Props total: 79 79
Chuck D still a hater. I remember what he say in the mid 90's that gangsta rap is not hip hop. He put the west coast on blast but yet worked with ice cube. Chuck is a strait hypocrite. Breakdancing please, this aint 1984. He just mad because their last song played on the radio was f!ght the power back in 1989. I'm an old school head so don't get it twisted. Music have just evolved and the old heads stay biter. If he was smart, he would do some collabs with some of the younger artist to stay current. I did see them in the rock the bells tour. Good concert he did his thing and tour with de la soul, ice cube, and ll cool j. Make you money Chuck, stay in your lane and don't worry about what the next n**** doing.
 4 years ago '04        #104
erickonasis 20 heat pts20
space
space
$26,815 | Props total: 17203 17203
 ALTheGreatS said:
But nor was he vocal about it like the way he's vocal about today's hip hop. I'm just saying. Let's admit it, that show left a stain on a legendary group such as P.E. They were still doing small venue shows with Flav in tact while that show was on air.
yes he was

4 years ago '04        #105
space
space
 scooter28Scoote said:
n*ggas hate evolution
Rappers that cant rap and singers that cant sing is evolution ?
 4 years ago '04        #106
focused313 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,104 | Props total: 1356 1356
I don't want to breakdance. I don't really want to see anyone breakdance. Honestly, I only want to see women dance...and they dance to almost anything with a nice beat.

but if the goal is to make people dance, I've heard plenty of songs by Jay-Z and Snoop that had people dancing. I didn't really "f!ght The Power" was a breakdance song.
 4 years ago '12        #107
ALTheGreatS 23 heat pts23
space
space
$4,470 | Props total: 900 900
 erickonasis said:
yes he was

I stand corrected. But IMO , Flav should have been kicked out of P.E.
 4 years ago '12        #108
styxz 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,305 | Props total: 430 430
Why. Why in the fck are n*ggas hating on bboys in this thread? Actiin like n*ggas aint breaking somewhere in your town right now

This is why blacks are the least represented race in the bboy scene these days, There's prolly more kids (like 6 y/o and under) breakinmg than there are blacks at this point.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

smh at n*ggas.

And there's no dis in what he said. He never said nothing about their art, or skill anything like that. All he said is rap is no longer symbiotic with the rest of the verbs in the culture. There're just verbs. Rap is something you do, bboy is something you do, DJ and graf writing is something you do. It's not that hard to understand really

Rappers don't give af about the other verbs and that's just where it's at right now.

And really, gtfoh talking bout n*ggas breaking in 2013. This sh*t was two weeks ago

[video - click to view]

4 years ago '04        #109
space
space
How did we go from ?

[video - click to view]

to

[video - click to view]

This dude says the same sh*t over and over at least 50 times the same sh*t in this weird a.ss fake a.ss bone thugs voice.....Man GTFOH
 4 years ago '12        #110
styxz 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,305 | Props total: 430 430
 erickonasis said:
How did we go from ?

to

This dude says the same sh*t over and over at least 50 times the same sh*t in this weird a.ss fake a.ss bone thugs voice.....Man GTFOH
To be fair you can't just take records off that album as examples. Kendrick really shouldnt have even released any music off that album until after it dropped and people got the effect.

It's a super-concept album. Very narrative and BDKMV fits that narrative - less than a lot of the songs on the a;bum, but still. There's a lot of cats (Chuck D prolly included) judging Kendrick off sh*t like Swimming Pools w.o any respect for the context.
 4 years ago '04        #111
RIAA 26 heat pts26
space
space
$2,969 | Props total: 1742 1742
Jay Z, Snoop, & Kendrick can all say that bullsh*t show Flav had on VH1 didn't deserve to be called tv.
 4 years ago '04        #112
space
space
 DSmith93 said:
listen to the lyrics man
Ive heard the lyrics b. sh*ts on the radio every day or at least when I turn it on. This guy ain't saying sh*t anyway so what's the point and his voice is annoying as fu*k. sh*t is not hip hop sounding at all. I ain't saying every record gotta sound like the Sugar hill gang but comon fam that song is wack as fu*k
 4 years ago '05        #113
white-chocolate 124 heat pts124
space
space
$15,496 | Props total: 1357 1357
i'd agree with Jay-Z, new Snoop but Kendrick to me seems like the closest thing to old hip hop we've seen in awhile
 4 years ago '04        #114
cuzjuan 4 heat pts
space
space
$3,166 | Props total: 545 545
 DesolateOne said:
These idiots may not understand, Chuck, but I do.

yep i do!
 07-31-2013, 01:24 AM         #115
Jose Menez 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bigbarcelona said:
All the fu*king time! There's a reason why the Ramones, The Clash, Jimi Hendrix and many other rock bands whether dead or alive are still relevant today... If not just look at The Rolling Stones or hell, Roger Waters and see how successful they are to this day! And by the way, those 2 examples don't play arenas, to this day they play Stadium shows!
Pretty sure he was talking about the Little Richards and Fats Dominos
 4 years ago '10        #116
wwwdotcom 19 heat pts19
space
space
$622 | Props total: 187 187
It takes a million of opinions to ratify a whole culture, it takes one person to state the facts. These 'rappers' keep feeding the youth a fabricated fantasy. It's great to be successful but not at self gratifying cost.
 4 years ago '10        #117
bbqslap 
space
space
$2,128 | Props total: 278 278
 S W A N said:
Only in America is the history of hip hop so disrespected. Kids growing up wanting to play the gutair at a high level go back and ljsten to classic rock albums and bands. Hip Hop kids just follow the current trend.
I agree wholeheartedly with this right here
 4 years ago '13        #118
SWAYYZE 20 heat pts20
space
space
$15,840 | Props total: 10020 10020
Chuck has said some dumb sh*t over the years , but he's kinda right on this one.
 07-31-2013, 02:08 AM         #119
Jose Menez 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 erickonasis said:
How did we go from ?

to

How you going to judge an artist off one song? It's like judging pac off toss it up, nas off oochie wally, pun off not a player
 4 years ago '04        #120
marcchrome 42 heat pts42
space
space
$11,740 | Props total: 2401 2401
 DJ Maximum said:

so in 2006 chuck d said jay the greatest rapper of all time

flipping like reciprocals so hes the greatest mc without being hip hop smh lol
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
81 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
297 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
126 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
25 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
76 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
63 comments
2 days ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy