Chris Brown Gives Back in Compton

most viewed right now
Video inside Tay K has signed a record deal with 88 Classic Records worth millions.
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
61 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
137 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
70 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '05        #21
DipsetSoulja 6 heat pts
space
space
$5,182 | Props total: 3094 3094
 grunsthis said:
:meh: 1.3 mill since 2002 ? and he is worth 500mill? that's like pennies to him smh
HOV the god stay donating

NEW YORK — Sean “Diddy” Combs and Jay-Z have pledged $1 million to the American Red Cross to help victims of Hurricane Katrina.

The two rappers announced their donation Thursday, saying they hoped to inspire others, especially blacks, to give.
“This is our community,” Shawn “Jay-Z” Carter told The a.ssociated Press by phone. “When I turn on CNN, I see a lot of black people on the streets. I know it’s other people too, but those projects have been hit hard.”
Combs agrees. “We are all descendants from each other’s families. When you hear black people say ‘brothers’ and ‘sisters,’ it’s really true. These are all people that I know I’m related to somehow, some way — the human race family.”
Former New Orleans Mayor Marc Morial, now president of the Urban League, said Thursday that those left in the city “are people who are African-American mostly but not completely, and people who were of little or limited economic means. They are the folks, we’ve got to get them out of there.”
Jay-Z said he had put in calls to NBA star LeBron James and rapper Kanye West for donations.

07-27-2013, 10:16 PM         #22
KiddKidd45 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
so n*ggas gon act like he wasnt born n raised in virginia?
 4 years ago '10        #23
Fly Elroy 321 heat pts321
space
space
$19,394 | Props total: 474 474
 KiddKidd45 said:

[video - click to view]

4 years ago '10        #24
2TopFlite 22 heat pts22
space
space
$24,522 | Props total: 2539 2539
 KiddKidd45 said:
I thought he was too lol Good sh*t by Chris doe
 07-27-2013, 10:23 PM         #25
dlettern 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Sk8bamboo said:
yeah shoes will make a big difference
I bet anything that nothing you have ever done in your life has ever made as big of a difference.....real talk
 4 years ago '11        #26
DesolateOne 32 heat pts32
space
space
$3,780 | Props total: 66 66
 Avon_Barksdale said:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Nice to see he's giving back to a place where he was born...Compton...
This is not "giving back". This is a publicity stunt and an attempt to repair his tarnished image. Giving away sneakers, please.
 4 years ago '13        #27
HipHopFactz 437 heat pts437
space
space
$31,079 | Props total: 38466 38466
 DipsetSoulja said:
HOV the god stay donating

NEW YORK — Sean “Diddy” Combs and Jay-Z have pledged $1 million to the American Red Cross to help victims of Hurricane Katrina.

The two rappers announced their donation Thursday, saying they hoped to inspire others, especially blacks, to give.
“This is our community,” Shawn “Jay-Z” Carter told The a.ssociated Press by phone. “When I turn on CNN, I see a lot of black people on the streets. I know it’s other people too, but those projects have been hit hard.”
Combs agrees. “We are all descendants from each other’s families. When you hear black people say ‘brothers’ and ‘sisters,’ it’s really true. These are all people that I know I’m related to somehow, some way — the human race family.”
Former New Orleans Mayor Marc Morial, now president of the Urban League, said Thursday that those left in the city “are people who are African-American mostly but not completely, and people who were of little or limited economic means. They are the folks, we’ve got to get them out of there.”
Jay-Z said he had put in calls to NBA star LeBron James and rapper Kanye West for donations.

A "pledge" once paid is a tax right off, celebs do it all the time

they donated 500,000 each and wrote it off in taxes

It makes good business sense to do it

They get some free publicity out of it, and that "shot of them holding a check", its a win win situation

Every living celeb worth millions do it, some simply don't brag about it, you have to try and get as much of ur $$$$ written off as possible, or the tax man takes more than his fair share

Last edited by HipHopFactz; 07-28-2013 at 08:51 AM..
 07-28-2013, 08:52 AM         #28
DJ Kay Slay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HipHopFactz said:
A "pledge" once paid is a tax right off, celebs do it all the time

they donated 500,000 each and wrote it off in taxes

It makes good business sense to do it

They get some free publicity out of it, and that "shot of them holding a check", its a win win situation

Every living celeb worth millions do it, some simply don't brag about it, you have to try and get as much of ur $$$$ written off as possible, or the tax man takes more than his fair share
This, this so fu*king hard, thank you so much for telling the truth to these dudes
 4 years ago '06        #29
sunsetnVine 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
$8,758 | Props total: 3708 3708
Where he was born.... I c what you did there
 4 years ago '07        #30
Avon_Barksdale 4344 heat pts4344 OP
space
space
$42,486 | Props total: 56018 56018
 sunsetnVine said:
Where he was born.... I c what you did there
 4 years ago '11        #31
KingP1n 342 heat pts342
space
space
$7,952 | Props total: 3776 3776
That Big U from the 60's?
 4 years ago '07        #32
JamcnPrettyboy 96 heat pts96
space
space
$23,478 | Props total: 6146 6146
n*ggas trying hard to show jay is charitable
 4 years ago '07        #33
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
Thank you Breezyvelli
 4 years ago '06        #34
LilBlasta 8 heat pts
space
space
$5,663 | Props total: 5 5
chris is a G
 4 years ago '06        #35
cboi3523 9 heat pts
space
space
$2,962 | Props total: 44 44
Regardless of what it looks like, what it is, is him trying not to go to jail.
 4 years ago '07        #36
RyDezzy 
space
space
$428 | Props total: 9 9
Thought he was from VA
 4 years ago '11        #37
bobby doobie 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,493 | Props total: 250 250
 deLeet said:

Nationwide (May 14, 2013) -- The Shawn Carter Scholarship Fund (SCSF) provides individual grants ranging from $1,500 to $2,500 to every student who qualifies and reapplies yearly, from admission to graduation. The grant can be used to cover tuition expenses and related supplemental educational expenses such as books, lab fees, travel and select costs of living. All Shawn Carter Scholars are required to "give back" by conducting community service and by serving as mentors to younger, aspiring Shawn Carter Scholars.

All high school seniors, undergraduate (2-year or 4-year) college students, and students at vocational or trade schools are eligible to apply. All applicants must be US citizens, 25 years old or younger, and have a minimum GPA of 2.0.

The program attracts candidates from all backgrounds, nation-wide. They all have a compelling desire to pursue higher education, in spite of many personal, socio-economic setbacks, including teen pregnancy, former incarceration, interrupted schooling, and homelessness. They are hardworking, resilient and determined individuals who want to make positive contributions to their local and global communities, and they turn to the SCSF to make their ambitions and dreams possible.

Founded in 2002 by Shawn Carter (Jay-Z) and his mom Gloria Carter, the foundation has since then given scholarships to over 750 students, totaling over $1.3 million dollars.

[pic - click to view]

Now you know the sh*t he do for the homies
Hes givin 1 mil in over a decade wooptie doo he wipes his a.ss with 1mil.
 4 years ago '06        #38
RAZAH CUTS 5839 heat pts5839
space
space
$54,074 | Props total: 18880 18880
@ ya'll thinking that giving back the -way that these cats do is something huge...

call me cynical, but i'd be willing to bet most of it was for tax write off purposes...

they can say that "X amount of my income was donated to charities/foundations", therefore they get tax breaks...

....some of ya'll still don't know how these rich a.ss people stay rich... they know how to play the game...
 4 years ago '09        #39
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,312 | Props total: 7968 7968
breezy from va, shouldnt he be feeding those bammas, stop feeding off the la culture
 4 years ago '06        #40
davon4204 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,172 | Props total: 1613 1613
That's kool of him.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
48 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
105 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
274 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
74 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
65 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
179 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Dustin Hoffman Accused of Sexual Misconduct by 5 More Women, Includin..
36 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
185 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy