Bone Thugs-N-Harmony x Notorious B.I.G. - “Notorious Thugs” | Appreciation Thread

most viewed right now
 166
Damn Pusha T really aint gone respond.
196 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 163
 Video inside Pusha T's brother 'No Malice' speaks on Drake Ye & Kim K
21 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 158
Image(s) inside How the hell did Jaden Smith smash Sarahfu-kingsnyder !
21 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 110
NBA Cp3 bout ready to put the paws on James
33 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #1
7063 pageviews
94 comments


Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 377 377
Bone Thugs-N-Harmony x Notorious B.I.G. - “Notorious Thugs” | Appreciation Thread
 

 

Big's verse is widely praised (justifiably so) but Layzie's verse is highly underrated. Both verses make me hit the image every time I hear them. BTNH is the only set to make a song with both Big & Pac before they died. Only right that both be classic...

image

94 comments for "Bone Thugs-N-Harmony x Notorious B.I.G. - “Notorious Thugs” | Appreciation Thread"

 5 years ago '13        #2
TayMasterChef 33 heat pts33
space
avatar space
space
$2,717 | Props total: 520 520
One of my favorite songs ever , remember playin this on my first CD player ever as a kid all day
 5 years ago '11        #3
Gamemusic 
space
avatar space
space
$2,081 | Props total: 1394 1394
Honestly my fav Big song period. Was listening to this earlier. Classic.
 5 years ago '09        #4
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$38,275 | Props total: 24060 24060
I was just listening to both LAD and Ready to Die and...yea LAD is better imo he was overall a better MC stronger lyrically and storytelling...Ready to Die is grimier and has less fillers (RTD has like 1 while LAD has like 3 or 4) but the best tracks on LAD are unbelievable.

Notorious Thugs is a classic track by the way
 5 years ago '10        #5
SeattleLost 797 heat pts797
space
space
space
$64,608 | Props total: 8494 8494

[video - click to view]

 5 years ago '06        #6
oflo 
space
space
space
$570 | Props total: 296 296
one of best collabs as well as hip hop songs ever.
 5 years ago '11        #7
Retro 83 heat pts83 OP
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 377 377
 thegoldenhero said:
I was just listening to both LAD and Ready to Die and...yea LAD is better imo he was overall a better MC stronger lyrically and storytelling...Ready to Die is grimier and has less fillers (RTD has like 1 while LAD has like 3 or 4) but the best tracks on LAD are unbelievable.

Notorious Thugs is a classic track by the way
I always thought LAD's peak > RTD's & he was a better emcee on LAD BUT RTD felt more complete and consistent. Diddy's heavy influence on LAD is another strike for me & as you pointed out RTD had less filler...
 5 years ago '09        #8
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$38,275 | Props total: 24060 24060
 Retro said:
I always thought LAD's peak > RTD's & he was a better emcee on LAD BUT RTD felt more complete and consistent. Diddy's heavy influence on LAD is another strike for me & as you pointed out RTD had less filler...
yeah plus LAD was the first album that really sparked the shiny suit era with Mo money mo problems...i just think with Biggie being overall a better artist and the best songs on LAD being better that it should overcome the album having only 2 or 3 more fillers.

edit: I also checked and didn't Method Man work with Biggie and Pac before they died?


Last edited by thegoldenhero; 07-27-2013 at 05:38 PM..
 5 years ago '10        #9
kiddrocay 30 heat pts30
space
avatar space
space
$21,216 | Props total: 11216 11216
bizzy murked biggie on this track

bizzy murked tupac on thug luv

 5 years ago '05        #10
mezziebone 
space
space
space
$402 | Props total: 286 286
bizzy >>>
 5 years ago '07        #11
Grave 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$7,788 | Props total: 207 207
Big brings the song down but everything else is flawless
 07-27-2013, 06:25 PM         #12
Hotboy1982 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 thegoldenhero said:
I was just listening to both LAD and Ready to Die and...yea LAD is better imo he was overall a better MC stronger lyrically and storytelling...Ready to Die is grimier and has less fillers (RTD has like 1 while LAD has like 3 or 4) but the best tracks on LAD are unbelievable.

Notorious Thugs is a classic track by the way
they was going for more commerical appeal on life after death

that was all puff
 5 years ago '13        #13
TayMasterChef 33 heat pts33
space
avatar space
space
$2,717 | Props total: 520 520
 kiddrocay said:
bizzy murked biggie on this track

bizzy murked tupac on thug luv

Bizzy murks everyone on everything almost basically
 5 years ago '08        #14
gagethedesigner 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$9,861 | Props total: 506 506
 SeattleLost said:
 5 years ago '04        #15
kniccalodeon 
space
space
space
$1,715 | Props total: 2945 2945
 kiddrocay said:
bizzy murked biggie on this track

bizzy murked tupac on thug luv



Bizzy was on a roll at that time. People always give Biggie the edge but damn Bizzy says such profound sh*t. 'I beg my pardon to Martin, baby we ain't marching we shooting.' 'Its wild, bless the child, the one that became a man, put in positions already planned, all that I had to do was stand.' Or in Thug Luv, 'lookingat death with the last of my breath, follow follow my kids but dont sin in my steps yet the weapon is kept in the best of my secrets...deep in the leaves I'm alone, n*gga believe that I can see it if needed and if you really want me in well then let it be get the greens and we running up over Cleveland.' Bizzy Bone is underrated.
 5 years ago '11        #16
Retro 83 heat pts83 OP
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 377 377
 thegoldenhero said:
yeah plus LAD was the first album that really sparked the shiny suit era with Mo money mo problems...i just think with Biggie being overall a better artist and the best songs on LAD being better that it should overcome the album having only 2 or 3 more fillers.

edit: I also checked and didn't Method Man work with Biggie and Pac before they died?
Peaks & valleys don't tell the whole story though. The forest for the trees is my pov as RTD was more cohesive & again sounded more consistent. True in some cases dope tracks can mitigate filler, I just think even if that were the case for LAD it'd still come up short to RTD.

And I said the only set ie group, though Method Man did feature on a track with both of them...


 Grave said:
Big brings the song down but everything else is flawless

[pic - click to view]

 5 years ago '10        #17
kiddrocay 30 heat pts30
space
avatar space
space
$21,216 | Props total: 11216 11216
 TayMasterChef said:
Bizzy murks everyone on everything almost basically
 kniccalodeon said:


Bizzy was on a roll at that time. People always give Biggie the edge but damn Bizzy says such profound sh*t. 'I beg my pardon to Martin, baby we ain't marching we shooting.' 'Its wild, bless the child, the one that became a man, put in positions already planned, all that I had to do was stand.' Or in Thug Luv, 'lookingat death with the last of my breath, follow follow my kids but dont sin in my steps yet the weapon is kept in the best of my secrets...deep in the leaves I'm alone, n*gga believe that I can see it if needed and if you really want me in well then let it be get the greens and we running up over Cleveland.' Bizzy Bone is underrated.
bizzy one of the goats

his poetry was on some 2pac level sh*t
 07-27-2013, 07:46 PM         #18
WavyCrockett 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
at Bizzys verse bein better than BIG's
n*ggas on Boxden live in their own worlds
 07-27-2013, 07:53 PM         #19
Hotboy1982 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol at biggie spitting a better verse then bone thugs fuuck of here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 5 years ago '10        #20
kiddrocay 30 heat pts30
space
avatar space
space
$21,216 | Props total: 11216 11216
Im not even about to get into it with this lil a.ss kid lmao

everyone knows bizzy verse was better than Big's

matter of fact all of btnh murked big on that song

inb4sixpagesofuselessarguing

Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 53
Image(s) inside The Frame on this AMAZON.com/Ninimour Model tho...
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 51
Image(s) inside PAWG got no chill (#Jheeez)
42 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 19
Article inside A$AP Rocky Outsells Pusha T w/ No Buzz In 1st Week Sales Prediction (..
109 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 19
Article inside Reboot your router
45 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
 16
Video inside BREAKING - Chi Wire: MUBU Krump (The ScoreKeeper) DEAD !
124 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 15
Image(s) inside Smashing With The House Arrest Bracelet On 🤷🏾*♂&..
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 13
Article inside Why do people in poverty have satellite dishes?
101 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 12
Video inside May 25 - Pablo Escobar’s hitman Popeye arrested in Colombia
53 comments
2 days ago
@news
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy