Bone Thugs-N-Harmony x Notorious B.I.G. - “Notorious Thugs” | Appreciation Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
240 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
60 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
249 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '11        #1
6795 pageviews
94 comments

Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
Bone Thugs-N-Harmony x Notorious B.I.G. - “Notorious Thugs” | Appreciation Thread

Big's verse is widely praised (justifiably so) but Layzie's verse is highly underrated. Both verses make me hit the image every time I hear them. BTNH is the only set to make a song with both Big & Pac before they died. Only right that both be classic...

94 comments for "Bone Thugs-N-Harmony x Notorious B.I.G. - “Notorious Thugs” | Appreciation Thread"

4 years ago '13        #2
TayMasterChef 33 heat pts33
space
space
$2,655 | Props total: 406 406
One of my favorite songs ever , remember playin this on my first CD player ever as a kid all day
 4 years ago '11        #3
Gamemusic 
space
space
$2,001 | Props total: 1192 1192
Honestly my fav Big song period. Was listening to this earlier. Classic.
 4 years ago '09        #4
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,242 | Props total: 19349 19349
I was just listening to both LAD and Ready to Die and...yea LAD is better imo he was overall a better MC stronger lyrically and storytelling...Ready to Die is grimier and has less fillers (RTD has like 1 while LAD has like 3 or 4) but the best tracks on LAD are unbelievable.

Notorious Thugs is a classic track by the way
 4 years ago '10        #5
SeattleLost 797 heat pts797
space
space
space
$64,608 | Props total: 8489 8489

[video - click to view]

4 years ago '06        #6
oflo 
space
space
space
$463 | Props total: 130 130
one of best collabs as well as hip hop songs ever.
 4 years ago '11        #7
Retro 83 heat pts83 OP
space
space
space
 thegoldenhero said:
I was just listening to both LAD and Ready to Die and...yea LAD is better imo he was overall a better MC stronger lyrically and storytelling...Ready to Die is grimier and has less fillers (RTD has like 1 while LAD has like 3 or 4) but the best tracks on LAD are unbelievable.

I always thought LAD's peak > RTD's & he was a better emcee on LAD BUT RTD felt more complete and consistent. Diddy's heavy influence on LAD is another strike for me & as you pointed out RTD had less filler...
 4 years ago '09        #8
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,242 | Props total: 19349 19349
 Retro said:
I always thought LAD's peak > RTD's & he was a better emcee on LAD BUT RTD felt more complete and consistent. Diddy's heavy influence on LAD is another strike for me & as you pointed out RTD had less filler...
yeah plus LAD was the first album that really sparked the shiny suit era with Mo money mo problems...i just think with Biggie being overall a better artist and the best songs on LAD being better that it should overcome the album having only 2 or 3 more fillers.

edit: I also checked and didn't Method Man work with Biggie and Pac before they died?

Last edited by thegoldenhero; 07-27-2013 at 06:38 PM..
 4 years ago '10        #9
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
$19,658 | Props total: 4494 4494
bizzy murked biggie on this track

bizzy murked tupac on thug luv

4 years ago '05        #10
mezziebone 
space
space
space
$315 | Props total: 111 111
bizzy >>>
 4 years ago '07        #11
Grave 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,788 | Props total: 200 200
Big brings the song down but everything else is flawless
 07-27-2013, 07:25 PM         #12
Hotboy1982 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 thegoldenhero said:

they was going for more commerical appeal on life after death

that was all puff
 4 years ago '13        #13
TayMasterChef 33 heat pts33
space
space
$2,655 | Props total: 406 406
 kiddrocay said:

Bizzy murks everyone on everything almost basically
 4 years ago '08        #14
gagethedesigner 16 heat pts16
space
space
$9,744 | Props total: 366 366
 SeattleLost said:
 4 years ago '04        #15
kniccalodeon 
space
space
space
$1,454 | Props total: 1997 1997
 kiddrocay said:

Bizzy was on a roll at that time. People always give Biggie the edge but damn Bizzy says such profound sh*t. 'I beg my pardon to Martin, baby we ain't marching we shooting.' 'Its wild, bless the child, the one that became a man, put in positions already planned, all that I had to do was stand.' Or in Thug Luv, 'lookingat death with the last of my breath, follow follow my kids but dont sin in my steps yet the weapon is kept in the best of my secrets...deep in the leaves I'm alone, n*gga believe that I can see it if needed and if you really want me in well then let it be get the greens and we running up over Cleveland.' Bizzy Bone is underrated.
 4 years ago '11        #16
Retro 83 heat pts83 OP
space
space
space
 thegoldenhero said:
yeah plus LAD was the first album that really sparked the shiny suit era with Mo money mo problems...i just think with Biggie being overall a better artist and the best songs on LAD being better that it should overcome the album having only 2 or 3 more fillers.

edit: I also checked and didn't Method Man work with Biggie and Pac before they died?
Peaks & valleys don't tell the whole story though. The forest for the trees is my pov as RTD was more cohesive & again sounded more consistent. True in some cases dope tracks can mitigate filler, I just think even if that were the case for LAD it'd still come up short to RTD.

And I said the only set ie group, though Method Man did feature on a track with both of them...

Grave said:
Big brings the song down but everything else is flawless

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '10        #17
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
 TayMasterChef said:
Bizzy murks everyone on everything almost basically
 kniccalodeon said:

Bizzy was on a roll at that time. People always give Biggie the edge but damn Bizzy says such profound sh*t. 'I beg my pardon to Martin, baby we ain't marching we shooting.' 'Its wild, bless the child, the one that became a man, put in positions already planned, all that I had to do was stand.' Or in Thug Luv, 'lookingat death with the last of my breath, follow follow my kids but dont sin in my steps yet the weapon is kept in the best of my secrets...deep in the leaves I'm alone, n*gga believe that I can see it if needed and if you really want me in well then let it be get the greens and we running up over Cleveland.' Bizzy Bone is underrated.
bizzy one of the goats

his poetry was on some 2pac level sh*t
 07-27-2013, 08:46 PM         #18
WavyCrockett 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
at Bizzys verse bein better than BIG's
n*ggas on Boxden live in their own worlds
 07-27-2013, 08:53 PM         #19
Hotboy1982 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol at biggie spitting a better verse then bone thugs fuuck of here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 4 years ago '10        #20
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
Im not even about to get into it with this lil a.ss kid lmao

everyone knows bizzy verse was better than Big's

matter of fact all of btnh murked big on that song

inb4sixpagesofuselessarguing

Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
53 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
83 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
207 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy