Xbox One has an 'unlimited HDD'

most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
86 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
193 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
79 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
15 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '07        #101
mrfreak76 700 heat pts700
space
space
$7,148 | Props total: 1365 1365
I find this hard to believe that it will be games being able to store to the cloud. With this year being BR based disc, that means that game data now jumps to 50gbs or higher. You guys are forgetting how long that is going to upload let alone stream back down to access to later all in real time.

The other reason is why would they give us a 500GB HD already? The consoles would not need to have one if this were the case.

Imagine just Bx one members uploading just 5-10 library games to the cloud at 30GBs average we would be looking at about 30-100 PB alone being uploaded and accessed at any given time.
 07-28-2013, 12:18 PM         #102
LaRy BLanco 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mrfreak76 said:
I find this hard to believe that it will be games being able to store to the cloud. With this year being BR based disc, that means that game data now jumps to 50gbs or higher. You guys are forgetting how long that is going to upload let alone stream back down to access to later all in real time.

The other reason is why would they give us a 500GB HD already? The consoles would not need to have one if this were the case.

Imagine just Bx one members uploading just 5-10 library games to the cloud at 30GBs average we would be looking at about 30-100 PB alone being uploaded and accessed at any given time.
when next gen games are going to be 20gb+, do u really think that 500gb is alot of space?

this could be y M$ was trying to make the X1 always online & 100% digital
 4 years ago '11        #103
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
 mrfreak76 said:

Cloud is just a buzzword for their server and your download list. If you have digital games on PS3 or 360 they're already "stored in the cloud" so you can "download them anywhere." It's all PR speak.
 07-28-2013, 12:22 PM         #104
LaRy BLanco 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jesszman said:
Cloud is just a buzzword for their server and your download list. If you have digital games on PS3 or 360 they're already "stored in the cloud" so you can "download them anywhere." It's all PR speak.
whatever is stored on the cloud can be accessed without the need to be downloaded
isnt that the whole point of cloud storage?

btw wheres that XBL tag?
 4 years ago '04        #105
Mr_Plenty 
space
space
$2,725 | Props total: 289 289
misleading and utter nonsense....
 4 years ago '05        #106
504 Killa 
space
space
$1,202 | Props total: 89 89
So it's decided. Sticking with the Xbox. Besides, i've already bought a nice a.ss outfit for my avatar. Would hate for that sh*t to go to waste...
 4 years ago '11        #107
KRCROOKSNY 108 heat pts108
space
space
$10,214 | Props total: 5386 5386
X-Boss One.

Trollolol.
[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '06        #108
cboi3523 9 heat pts
space
space
$2,962 | Props total: 44 44
We have to give Xbone their props on this one, regardless of the situation this is always a plus but I'll have to wait to hear more specifics on it because M$ likes to talk out of their a.ssess and back track. Still holdn down both my reserves for PS4 and Xbone but one of them have to get the boot eventually because one has to be superior. I'm just patiently waiting to find out while we get closer to the release date.
 4 years ago '04        #109
Adwerdz 320 heat pts320
space
space
$32,793 | Props total: 23521 23521
 OG k!lla said:
Word thats why they said this tho

I know you read that part, you just felt like making a post that was pointless
Hit em with that ether
 4 years ago '05        #110
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,657 | Props total: 13768 13768
 aclockworkred71 said:
Who are you though? Who gives a fu*k what you think is enough, and where do you even acknowledge that HDD space is used for more than games, pr0n alone fills up a 500 GB, 500 GB isn't a lot at all.

This dude really telling people what is necessary like his way is the only way.
F*ckin
 4 years ago '04        #111
dre03 
space
space
$10,171 | Props total: 2452 2452
 Mr I 95 said:
i disagree..the article clearly says games...what the catch is i dont know..but im sure there is one...cloud storage is cheap...for for every single xbox live member? that sh*t is bank..and they aint gonna be eating that expense

maybe first party games or something
If the current limit on 360 is 512 mb... Think about it 512mb for cloud storage... That alone tells you they are only referring to game saves and profile data... You would be pretty naive to think a company would go from 512mb not 512gb to unlimited amount of space for all Xbox content... They probably offer 2-5gb now which is more than enough for almost every game save you can imagine from every game combined... Which is why it says "essentially" unlimited space... If they meant actual games they would essentially have to give everyone 750gb to 1TB of cloud space... Like i said at first you have to be pretty naive to think someone would go from a 512mb limit to TB's of space to support the size of new age games on Bluray...

And i don't know where you read about cloud storage being cheap... You are confusing cloud storage with cloud computing... Cloud storage is no different than regular storage on the server side... Especially if you actually believe they are referring to games... They would need dozens of petabyte storage servers setup to support that amount of possible storage from a million plus people... That sh*t costs money... You aren't thinking logically... Now granted it is possible... But not logical... Logically thinking the next step up from a 512mb limit is a couple GB's... Which would mean no game installs...
 4 years ago '04        #112
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,755 | Props total: 1572 1572
 LAwLB15 said:
whatever is stored on the cloud can be accessed without the need to be downloaded
isnt that the whole point of cloud storage?

btw wheres that XBL tag?
Correct if you have to re-download it on to your device to access at a friends house it its NOT in the cloud......

Google music is an example of the cloud my entire music collect of 10 thousand songs can be accessed anywhere anytime so long as I have a connection to stream it

Jizz is an idiot

Last edited by Ra-da-god; 07-28-2013 at 02:08 PM..
 07-28-2013, 02:16 PM         #113
LaRy BLanco 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ra-da-god said:
Correct if you have to re-download it on to your device to access at a friends house it its NOT in the cloud......

Google music is an example of the cloud my entire music collect of 10 thousand songs can be accessed anywhere anytime so long as I have a connection to stream it

Jizz is an idiot
u see, all that f*ggot ever does is hate on consoles he wont ever own and give ppl false information when he doesnt even kno wtf hes talking about

still waiting on the xbl tag jizzmen....
 07-28-2013, 02:21 PM         #114
LaRy BLanco 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
and I also find it hilarious ppl in here saying how can M$ provide unlimited storage to all of their
costumers like they dont have the $$$ to make this happen

u guys do know we're talking about micro$oft and not sony right?
 4 years ago '06        #115
LakerFan 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,282 | Props total: 460 460
that's great until the cloud service goes down and you can't access your save files. Has happened to me at least 4 times so far on xbox360. The one time it lasted 3 days. If your internet is down you also will not be able to access the cloud. I save as much as i can on the cloud cuz its great but it still has negatives. The positives far outweigh the negatives i think, im just pointing it out.
 4 years ago '04        #116
cuzjuan 4 heat pts
space
space
$3,168 | Props total: 549 549
 OG k!lla said:
When you see things like this....the thought of being always online starts to become more understandable.
the realest sh*t a n*gga wrote today!
 4 years ago '07        #117
link04 87 heat pts87
space
space
$12,623 | Props total: 3950 3950
 ChevyBrah said:
oooooo sh*t some1 dont read sh*tttt

sony better step it up

but but i want to buy a tb drive for my xbox :( and if that sh*t goes out im fu*ked cause its not a licenced system hard drive
sony's is replaceable

but but we knew that already

sony stan checkin in
 4 years ago '12        #118
DreamChasers 87 heat pts87
space
space
$6,899 | Props total: 777 777
 dre03 said:
If the current limit on 360 is 512 mb... Think about it 512mb for cloud storage... That alone tells you they are only referring to game saves and profile data... You would be pretty naive to think a company would go from 512mb not 512gb to unlimited amount of space for all Xbox content... They probably offer 2-5gb now which is more than enough for almost every game save you can imagine from every game combined... Which is why it says "essentially" unlimited space... If they meant actual games they would essentially have to give everyone 750gb to 1TB of cloud space... Like i said at first you have to be pretty naive to think someone would go from a 512mb limit to TB's of space to support the size of new age games on Bluray...

And i don't know where you read about cloud storage being cheap... You are confusing cloud storage with cloud computing... Cloud storage is no different than regular storage on the server side... Especially if you actually believe they are referring to games... They would need dozens of petabyte storage servers setup to support that amount of possible storage from a million plus people... That sh*t costs money... You aren't thinking logically... Now granted it is possible... But not logical... Logically thinking the next step up from a 512mb limit is a couple GB's... Which would mean no game installs...

PlEASE READ THIS MANS POST... EVERYONE WHO DOESNT UNDERSTAND THIS YET
 4 years ago '11        #119
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
Home      

most viewed right now
joie chavis
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
52 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
87 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
92 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New Pictures Of DG Yola In Jail
71 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC Watch Season 10 Teaser
56 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
64 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy