Xbox One has an 'unlimited HDD'

most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
35 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
21 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
45 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
79 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '11        #21
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
so nobody thinks that this is too broad and sounds like pr speak?
Xbox Live offers Xbox One unlimited storage space in the cloud for all Xbox Live members to store numerous types of Xbox Live content, including your profile, games, Achievements and entertainment.
 4 years ago '04        #22
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602 OP
space
space
$45,509 | Props total: 4991 4991
 Jesszman said:
Only Sony fanboys...oh hey look who i'm quoting...
 4 years ago '04        #23
kulabear 23 heat pts23
space
space
$10,760 | Props total: 1391 1391
 Jesszman said:
Honestly it is a little suspect to me. By games it probably means the digital licences for the games/dlc. But we won't really know until it's in consumer's hands.
 4 years ago '11        #24
space
space
space
 Da Ill One said:
Only Sony fanboys...oh hey look who i'm quoting...
That's not being a fanboy at all. Both ps3 and 360 already do this. You can access your entertainment content anywhere. It's just like how sony said games can be played on a friend's console through the cloud. It's pr speak.
 4 years ago '04        #25
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602 OP
space
space
$45,509 | Props total: 4991 4991
 Jesszman said:
That's not being a fanboy at all. Both ps3 and 360 already do this. You can access your entertainment content anywhere. It's just like how sony said games can be played on a friend's console through the cloud. It's pr speak.
The 360 nor the PS 3 offer unlimited cloud space...
 4 years ago '11        #26
space
space
space
 Willbeatz said:
Honestly it is a little suspect to me. By games it probably means the digital licences for the games/dlc. But we won't really know until it's in consumer's hands.
That's what im thinking too. It'd be crazy for either company to go from 1gb to no limit whatsoever of cloud saves.
 4 years ago '10        #27
aka ReeSe 6 heat pts
space
space
$18,697 | Props total: 3744 3744
My god....
 4 years ago '05        #28
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,652 | Props total: 13766 13766
 Da Ill One said:
What are you talking about 'Most of the HDD space is tied up by DLC and game installs" it's UNLIMITED SPACE how can most of Unlimited space be tied up? and what does this have to do with terrible marketing?
Don't mind him. He couldn't Google search a correct response so he had to rely solely on his own thoughts. Which leaves us with that nonsense he posted.

Danai said:
Since when did the 360 or the PS3 give you unlimited cloud storage and not require you to be a Gold or PS+ member? It ain't close to the same thing, phaggot.
 4 years ago '04        #29
kulabear 23 heat pts23
space
space
$10,760 | Props total: 1391 1391
 Jesszman said:
That's what im thinking too. It'd be crazy for either company to go from 1gb to no limit whatsoever of cloud saves.
Well I mean thinking about it, as you said it's covers a quite broad range of things. Does this include gameplay videos you can make with the system? Because unless ms is using a really low quality encoding it's going to eat up space big time. You can speak from some experience with your videos.

I did a straight up 720p capture of the Japanese demo for Catherine which was about 20 minutes and weighed in at about 5 gigs before compression. Hell I did Malicious also and that was a nightmare.
 4 years ago '11        #30
space
space
space
 Willbeatz said:
Well I mean thinking about it, as you said it's covers a quite broad range of things. Does this include gameplay videos you can make with the system? Because unless ms is using a really low quality encoding it's going to eat up space big time. You can speak from some experience with your videos.

I did a straight up 720p capture of the Japanese demo for Catherine which was about 20 minutes and weighed in at about 5 gigs before compression. Hell I did Malicious also and that was a nightmare.
My vies were usually around that range before compression told hut maybe that's why they limited it to the last 5 minutes? And going back to the article, the quote doesn't mention cloud saves. Just entertainment content which is already stored in their servers "the cloud" for you to download at any time
 4 years ago '05        #31
HiRolliN 109 heat pts109
space
space
$20,271 | Props total: 2463 2463
thats pretty fu*king sweet the way im reading is they want the internal HDD for only game installs and everything else goes to cloud storage.
 4 years ago '09        #32
kickzrme 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,845 | Props total: 1638 1638
they setting up for the bait & switch to go online only

it sounds like they really want that online only home entertainment system
 4 years ago '05        #33
IGOTSHITTZ 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,077 | Props total: 480 480
 kickzrme said:
Not really. This was already in place when it was going to be an 'online console.' This isn't something they just came up with in the last week or so, it's just information that hasn't been released before.
 4 years ago '08        #34
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
$13,358 | Props total: 272 272
 OG k!lla said:
When you see things like this....the thought of being always online starts to become more understandable.
I think most agree, Microsoft just did a terrible job at explaining things.
 4 years ago '04        #35
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,755 | Props total: 1572 1572
 kickzrme said:

it sounds like they really want that online only home entertainment system
the entire industry is trying to push for all digital eventually this is coming mark my words I'd rather them do it this way then trying to strong arm like they did last month
 4 years ago '10        #36
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
space
$30,733 | Props total: 19630 19630
 Da Ill One said:
What are you talking about 'Most of the HDD space is tied up by DLC and game installs" it's UNLIMITED SPACE how can most of Unlimited space be tied up? and what does this have to do with terrible marketing?
Think.

Just think for one moment.

The cloud is only for game saves. Not downloads, or game installs. You still would have to delete files for new downloads or installs.

Unlimited storage is only applicable for saves which hardly take up space to begin with.
 4 years ago '12        #37
OldBusiness 163 heat pts163
space
space
$21,071 | Props total: 17365 17365
 Da Ill One said:
Didn't see this posted if it was link me to the thread and i'll merge...

Some more positive news has come out of the first ever PAX Australia this past weekend. During it, some key features have been revealed regarding the Xbox One. Aside from the usual "3X's the computing power" offered by the Cloud service speech, the people at Microsoft have now stated that the cloud essentially gives you an "unlimited sized" hard drive, allowing players to save unlimited game data via the service.

Microsoft says the Xbox One offers "Unlimited" hard drive space.

Now, this comes as no surprise, as that feature is already incorporated into the Xbox 360 (limited to 512mb) and was spoken about at E3 as being unlimited for the Xbox One.

There were a few questions, though. Currently, you need to have an Xbox One Gold membership to utilize this service. Although you don't need a Gold account to download saved data onto your Xbox 360, in order to actually save to it you need to pay up.

According to Microsoft's public relation's, the Xbox One will offer this service for all Xbox Live members, negating the necessity of an Xbox Live Gold account to utilize the service as it stands currently.

Xbox Live offers Xbox One unlimited storage space in the cloud for all Xbox Live members to store numerous types of Xbox Live content, including your profile, games, Achievements and entertainment. This content is stored and saved in the cloud so you can automatically access it anywhere, anytime, no matter where you are.

Not a bad perk to have, as it eliminates some of the limitations of a physical hard drive (but arguably has some issues of its own).

4 years ago '04        #38
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,755 | Props total: 1572 1572
why are Playstation heads so angry?
 07-27-2013, 04:06 PM         #39
LaRy BLanco 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

07-27-2013, 04:31 PM         #40
SOCIALITE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Da Ill One said:
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
81 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
19 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
147 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy