most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
118 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
50 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '06        #61
ginobili 20|m 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$11,205 | Props total: 602 602
 notoriousthugzz said:
Stackhouse played the same position. Like you said they were both gunners... we traded him for Ratliff and Mckie who both played integral parts on that championship team.

Our front office fu*ked up so much back then though. The year before Iverson we took Stackhouse over KG and Rasheed. The year after we took Van Horn over TMac and Billups. and in 98 we took Larry Hughes (ANOTHER SG, 3rd in 4 years) over Pierce and Dirk

Imagine if we went KG, Iverson, Billups, and Pierce
That is a TON of hypothetical's here though lol

anyway the pistons/ 76ers trade was mainly for Mckie.... Ratliff was just a bonus, he was pretty much unknown at the time

I agree 100% the front office was sh*t lol.... But it was pretty much AI's fault they didn't draft Pierce, since they wanted to convert Hughes to run Point, since AI was to much of a diva to do it

you could say the same about a lot of people passing on cats you named though... Really a reach naming high school players at that, dido Dirk..... They drafted Van Horn and traded him for Tim Thomas, in a salary cap move, since they fu*ked up before....And Billups was a journeyman for years after that draft anyway....
 4 years ago '12        #62
sOurxd i e s e 16 heat pts16
space
space
$3,945 | Props total: 5129 5129
not gonna get into detail about whos better but I for damn sure will take a prime wade on my team before I take a prime iverson and i love iverson
 4 years ago '04        #63
notoriousthugzz 41 heat pts41
space
space
$18,848 | Props total: 2008 2008
 Lucky Lucas said:

[pic - click to view]

I'm only half way serious with this tho, AI never had the type of players around him that would compliment his game perfectly. Thats unfortunate, but he not in wade's class.

Edit----

This just like the lurker monta ellis thread, where everyone was saying switch monta with wade and you'd get the same results

n*ggas be disrespecting the sh*t out of wade on here
This lame really just compared Allen Iverson to Monta Ellis

Sandy's trolling has hit an all time high

4 years ago '07        #64
timdog 921 heat pts921
space
space
$30,479 | Props total: 14973 14973
 notoriousthugzz said:
Stackhouse played the same position. Like you said they were both gunners... we traded him for Ratliff and Mckie who both played integral parts on that championship team.

Our front office fu*ked up so much back then though. The year before Iverson we took Stackhouse over KG and Rasheed. The year after we took Van Horn over TMac and Billups. and in 98 we took Larry Hughes (ANOTHER SG, 3rd in 4 years) over Pierce and Dirk

Imagine if we went KG, Iverson, Billups, and Pierce
stackhouse was good at unc thats why

maybe if ai ran the point like larry wanted him and stack could have made it

philly traded kukoc and ratliff for mutumbo

philly dropped the ball on them picks but in hindsight who would have knew
 4 years ago '04        #65
space
space
 ginobili 20 said:
A few things I don't agree with

1. It's a lot easier to build around Wade than AI.... I always hear the If AI played with shaq sh*t lol... AI isn't built to play off the ball and isn't a slasher.... Imo how true they were, but people said Philly had even a tougher time attracting free agents, since people were hesitant to play with AI, because of his personality....

2.I don't think it was an accident that AI enjoyed better team and individual accomplishments with a more defensive unit.... ala the bums people call them lol

3. AI had the chance to take a lesser role later in his career, but didn't... So tbh, I don't understand the feeling sorry for him angle...
I know you know what you're talking about and I respect it but I feel like most of your points are about how we has not a great teammate and not as much about his actual game. If the question is who's a better teammate, there is no question. But these clowns just dismissing Iverson like Wade is leagues above him are either just young, stupid, or both.
 4 years ago '04        #66
space
space
 ginobili 20 said:
That is a TON of hypothetical's here though lol

anyway the pistons/ 76ers trade was mainly for Mckie.... Ratliff was just a bonus, he was pretty much unknown at the time

I agree 100% the front office was sh*t lol.... But it was pretty much AI's fault they didn't draft Pierce, since they wanted to convert Hughes to run Point, since AI was to much of a diva to do it

you could say the same about a lot of people passing on cats you named though... Really a reach naming high school players at that, dido Dirk..... They drafted Van Horn and traded him for Tim Thomas, in a salary cap move, since they fu*ked up before....And Billups was a journeyman for years after that draft anyway....
Of course it's all hypothetical but it's fun/depressing to go down that road. The Pierce move hurts the most imo... a prime Iverson and pierce could've been wreaking havoc in the early 00's.
 4 years ago '07        #67
kakish 9 heat pts
space
space
$12,936 | Props total: 1532 1532
 ChickzNKickz said:
The blasphemy is unreal...

AI > Wade
Word. In his Prime Ivo averaged over 30 PPG 5 times with over 26 10 times and he AVG more

Wades prime came and went real quick. Ivo was a household name for a decade son

Last edited by kakish; 07-23-2013 at 11:05 PM..
 4 years ago '04        #68
space
space
 timdog said:
stackhouse was good at unc thats why

maybe if ai ran the point like larry wanted him and stack could have made it

philly traded kukoc and ratliff for mutumbo

philly dropped the ball on them picks but in hindsight who would have knew
Iverson was a scorer though. That's what he did. They made the right call in trading Stack it wouldn't have worked with both of them. Eric Snow was honestly one of the best PG's that could've played next to Iverson. He was a pass first guy that didn't take a lot of shots and was a solid defender.
 4 years ago '13        #69
Lucky Lucas 47 heat pts47
space
space
space
$15,398 | Props total: 5775 5775
 notoriousthugzz said:
This lame really just compared Allen Iverson to Monta Ellis

Sandy's trolling has hit an all time high

Your reading comp is low, I didn't compare them to each other. I compared the fact that people usually say any scoring guard could replace wade.

They don't make note of the fact his defense was a rarity. Guys like AI, Monta, etc, weren't good enough defenders to fill in for wade on his championship teams.

I just don't see the comparison. The Kobe Vs. Wade comparison escape me as well, different playing styles and skillsets.

But like I said I'd take wade in his prime over AI, because of size and defense. The size factor wasn't anything AI could control, he made the most of his potential. I just don't think hes as good as wade

I'm honestly surprise anyone thinks differently.
 4 years ago '07        #70
Pos 90 heat pts90
space
space
$9,618 | Props total: 5472 5472
the defense argument is debatable, Iverson was a top player in the league in steals for years...so many fast break points, and points off turnovers came through his defense

size is the only advantage Wade had really
 4 years ago '07        #71
timdog 921 heat pts921
space
space
$30,479 | Props total: 14973 14973
 notoriousthugzz said:
Iverson was a scorer though. That's what he did. They made the right call in trading Stack it wouldn't have worked with both of them. Eric Snow was honestly one of the best PG's that could've played next to Iverson. He was a pass first guy that didn't take a lot of shots and was a solid defender.
the trade was good for philly

but philly had to surround allen with non shooters to adjust to his style of play

croce pulled hard for allen
 4 years ago '12        #72
GucciBoy347 39 heat pts39
space
space
$10,377 | Props total: 773 773
#3 >>>

and its not even close

AI is vastly overrated

inb4imakobestanLOL
 4 years ago '07        #73
Pos 90 heat pts90
space
space
$9,618 | Props total: 5472 5472
 GucciBoy347 said:
#3 >>>

and its not even close

AI is vastly overrated

inb4imakobestanLOL
funny u say that, because the Real #3 is the reason why every guard wants to wear the #3.
 4 years ago '08        #74
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,662 | Props total: 2232 2232
SO Iverson is overrated, but Wade isnt?
 4 years ago '10        #75
Fly Elroy 321 heat pts321
space
space
$19,394 | Props total: 474 474
 904Nole said:
SO Iverson is overrated, but Wade isnt?
how is wade overrated?
 4 years ago '04        #76
space
space
 Pos said:
funny u say that, because the Real #3 is the reason why every guard wants to wear the #3.
These kids in here showing their age. Lmao I guarantee the majority of them never really saw Iverson play. They were all 10 and under when he won his MVP
 4 years ago '12        #77
space
space
 Pos said:
We call him #3 for them #3 rangs
 4 years ago '12        #78
space
space
 notoriousthugzz said:
These kids in here showing their age. Lmao I guarantee the majority of them never really saw Iverson play. They were all 10 and under when he won his MVP
Wade is the better player .. deal with it
 4 years ago '12        #79
Kastanova 91 heat pts91
space
space
$16,234 | Props total: 1391 1391
No one was fu*king with that 08-09 Wadw though. ..just saying.
 4 years ago '04        #80
space
space
 GucciBoy347 said:
Wade is the better player .. deal with it
You didn't watch Iverson play in his prime...
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
20 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
75 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
58 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
201 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
86 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
23 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
46 comments
1 day ago
@tech
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy