Prime AI vs Prime Wade

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
206 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
255 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
91 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA After losing seven straight, Stan Van Gundy calls out Andre Drummond, Pist..
40 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '05        #261
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
space
$15,420 | Props total: 4757 4757
 jayembee said:
according to your bonehead logic...

Robert Horry > Michael Jordan
what kinda of a jackass compares a role player to a superstar; championships don't make or break it when you compare a role player to superstar who is obviously better by every other measure...

but using championships as part of an equation is useful when comparing individuals with similar career trajectories...stars vs. stars; not stars vs role players...

the "if championships matter so much, then Horry > Jordan" is the dumbest sh*t to say...

using rings as PART of the comparison between Wade/AI is valid because they both have similar arcs...

Last edited by MysticKJ; 07-26-2013 at 07:45 AM..
 4 years ago '07        #262
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,386 | Props total: 13044 13044
yeah, let's isolate 2 years of wade's career against the majority of iverson's like that's a good argument. he was a one-man 5-seed with a roster of revolving expiring contracts to gear up for free agency . i swear the lights are on, but nobody's home for you remedial fu*ks. wade LED a team to a championship as its best player. nobody's making apologies for wade being selfless and attracting talented players to want to play with him. that's a credit to his game and that's true for pretty much everyone who ever one a championship. common denominator here. iverson played with melo and flopped, billups replaced him and instantly they improved.
 07-26-2013, 09:01 AM         #263
The Dark Kn1ght 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jayembee said:
Because beating Baron Davis in the first round as a rookie was the only thing Wade ever done by himself..

He aint never been to the ECF as the Lone Superstar

He aint never been to the NBA Finals as the Lone Superstar.

He aint never lead the league in scoring as the lone superstar..

He aint never win a MVP as a the lone superstar...

But what he has done is a Co-Star...

He has lost in the ECF with Shaq

He is on record for having the worst record ever after winning a NBA Championship..

He has also proved how much of a leader he is not after Lebron took over his team in 2 weeks.

FOH...
can't wait to read the excuses for all this
 4 years ago '04        #264
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
$82,000 | Props total: 11798 11798
 notoriousthugzz said:
Says the kid who compared Nate to Iverson.

At least I viewed him at all, the only thing you viewed of Iverson is ESPN and youtube.

This thread isn't titled who's the BETTER WINNER or BETTER TEAMMATE. If that were the case then Wade would clearly be the winner. It's who was better in their prime. The answer to that is Iverson. Was Wade in his prime last year? Didn't think so. Was in his prime the year before? Nope. So what do those two chips he won with Bron matter? You're so stupid your whole argument is based around rings he won when he wasn't in his prime nor the best player on his team. Then you go on and on about how Iverson played poorly with Detroit.

I guess MVP, ROY, leading the league in scoring 4 times aren't accomplishments anymore

It's just baffling how stupid you are. Your inability to grasp what the word prime means and how to apply it to your argument is embarassing.

Oh yea and Iverson sucks so much at shooting he has a higher 3Point % and FT % then your hero Wade.
a post that actually makes sense?
 4 years ago '04        #265
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
wonder if wade stans know the meaning of the word prime

you can tell these n*ggas are defeated bring up denver every other post

Last edited by torious; 07-26-2013 at 09:47 AM..
 4 years ago '04        #266
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
 MysticKJ said:
what kinda of a jackass compares a role player to a superstar; championships don't make or break it when you compare a role player to superstar who is obviously better by every other measure....
didn''t your boy just compare nate robinson and mugsy to AI?

and no, to the rest of your post, there are far too many variables to make a completely objective judgment on who was the better player, despite how hard yall are trying. different situations, different role within their teams, differently built player; the most striking similarity between the two is hte way they both play with reckless abandon... and wade has been far more injury prone than AI, go figure

the verdict sure as hell ain't gonna come from a heat stan or a sixers stan. i'm a fan of both players who watched both in their primes. all i know is when wade tried carrying a team like ivo did he lost in the first round

Last edited by torious; 07-26-2013 at 09:56 AM..
 4 years ago '07        #267
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,386 | Props total: 13044 13044
 torious said:
wonder if wade stans know the meaning of the word prime

you can tell these n*ggas are defeated bring up denver every other post
i think it's one of those words that lost its meaning over time, somewhere with "efficiency" and "shameless chucking."

torious said:
didn''t your boy just compare nate robinson and mugsy to AI?

and no, to the rest of your post, there are far too many variables to make a completely objective judgment on who was the better player, despite how hard yall are trying.

it sure as hell ain't gonna come from a heat stan or a sixers stan. i'm a fan of both players who watched both in their primes. all i know is when wade tried carrying a team like ivo did he lost in the first round
having a lot of second thoughts today?

in a different context. if you suck at scoring and can't convert at a high rate, you have no business taking 27+ shots per game. if we're going to handicap everybody who's undersized, might as well just start blowing guys like nate and muggsy for getting it done. i'm pretty sure if they took 27 shots per game they could have terrible efficiency and end up with 30 points, too. that's not a special talent. who in the league couldn't do that? yet that's really all iverson is known for. raw scoring output, crossovers, and braids.

again, isolating 2 years of one guy's career vs. virtually the other guy's entire career and comparing a roster that was built to compete and swept the awards vs. a roster of guys who were only picked up because their contracts expired in 2010 . you're determined to obliterate context and stack the odds in your favor to even the playing field when it's not even close.
 4 years ago '07        #268
THA JUICEMANE 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,371 | Props total: 590 590
His jumper was solid what chu taln bawt only reason he's not in the league cause of how he left Memphis & Philly his game was never the problem
 mt fuji said:
Wade.

If A.I. Actually worked on his game and jumper,he would still be in the league for one.

Might have won a title for two.

Also,wade is a better team player.

Still A.I is a all time great and a HOF player.
 4 years ago '07        #269
deemoney23 15 heat pts15
space
space
$1,746 | Props total: 7 7
Prime Wade was the best SG I've seen off the dribble going and finish at the cup since Mike. Dude was damn near unguarable when he had his mid range J going The problem was that it was never a consistent part of his game!
 4 years ago '10        #270
Walmart 8 heat pts
space
space
$11,895 | Props total: 9044 9044
I definitely think A.I. is the better player in their prime. D Wade had a better basketball IQ and could guard the perimiter and swingmen, but A.I. in his prime was absolutely unstoppable.

A.I. was great with perimeter steals and playing the passing lanes, but I'll admit he took many chances on Defense.

Overall, D Wade wasn't quite the offensive threat that A.I. was. There's a reason A.I. won an MVP and was considered neck & neck with Kobe at one point. D Wade wasn't quite on that lever......ever
 4 years ago '07        #271
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,553 | Props total: 1173 1173
Wade was never considered neck and neck with Kobe??

I see a bunch of made up sh*t in this thread

Oh and wade won the scoring title in the 08-09 season
 4 years ago '08        #272
Illuminati 192 heat pts192
space
space
$38,792 | Props total: 9068 9068
WADE. Easy answer
 07-27-2013, 08:25 AM         #273
The Dark Kn1ght 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 L-E-Dub bi*ch said:
Wade was never considered neck and neck with Kobe??

I see a bunch of made up sh*t in this thread

Oh and wade won the scoring title in the 08-09 season
NECK and NECK? only by miami/wade fans

keep it real
 4 years ago '06        #274
28 Gramz 51 heat pts51
space
space
$7,575 | Props total: 4490 4490
 The Dark Kn1ght said:
NECK and NECK? only by miami/wade fans

keep it real
This.

The only debate I've heard since about 07 was Lebron/Kobe.
 4 years ago '04        #275
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$11,339 | Props total: 2762 2762
 Im Soo Special said:
i learned a lot of bx ppl didnt watch a.i during his career
and wasn't around when nba 2k was basically made off his excellence. he was unstoppable in 2k
I'm sorry but I always felt a.I was over rated. He was a shameless chucker with far terrible shot selection , and a defensive liability . he was the true meaning of a ballhog. You notice every player that played with a.I has nothing but negative things to say about his attitude. Even his own damn coach talk I sh*t about a.i selfish way.

Wade is not only efficient but he can dominate both end of the floor. He also is not selfish and will sacrifice his game for the team hence the heats being a contender. A.I will never sacrifice his game for the team which is why he is out of the league now. Dude refused to play a backup role. He is all about stand padding and said fu*k his team mates.
 4 years ago '04        #276
UF4Soldier 127 heat pts127
space
space
$18,986 | Props total: 4601 4601
 bibbyboi said:
AI is probably my second favorite player ever, but Wade in his prime was better than AI in his prime. Even though it pains me to say it.

so wades prime was his first 7 years in the league ???

no player in the nba good guard ai in his prime or when he first came in wade accomplished more with better teams but hell no he was not better sorry
 4 years ago '04        #277
space
space
 VictoryThagr8 said:
I'm sorry but I always felt a.I was over rated. He was a shameless chucker with far terrible shot selection , and a defensive liability . he was the true meaning of a ballhog. You notice every player that played with a.I has nothing but negative things to say about his attitude. Even his own damn coach talk I sh*t about a.i selfish way.

Wade is not only efficient but he can dominate both end of the floor. He also is not selfish and will sacrifice his game for the team hence the heats being a contender. A.I will never sacrifice his game for the team which is why he is out of the league now. Dude refused to play a backup role. He is all about stand padding and said fu*k his team mates.
yet at shooting guard his career a.ssist avg is more then wades or about the same ?

go figure u n*ggaz didnt watch ai play when ever i hear chucker i know this a dude that just saw a couple games when your second scoring option is eric snow and matt geiger or mutumbo can u seriously see your self avg 12 a.ssist think about it
 4 years ago '04        #278
space
space
 Walmart said:
I definitely think A.I. is the better player in their prime. D Wade had a better basketball IQ and could guard the perimiter and swingmen, but A.I. in his prime was absolutely unstoppable.

A.I. was great with perimeter steals and playing the passing lanes, but I'll admit he took many chances on Defense.

Overall, D Wade wasn't quite the offensive threat that A.I. was. There's a reason A.I. won an MVP and was considered neck & neck with Kobe at one point. D Wade wasn't quite on that lever......ever
correction ai was the most popular player and considered the best in the league from bout 2000 to 2003 while kobe was still riding shaq coat tail ai was keeping the nba popular and was rockstar status
 4 years ago '04        #279
space
space
[QUOTE=ginobili 20;27899786]You didn't rebuttal any logical point I made...... I'm done after this post

1. Riley is somebody who works with established teams for the most part... While Larry is more of a cat that takes on projects for the most part...So comparing rings is a moot point.. Larry won a ring in college and the NBA anyway... And it isn't a bitter comment, cause RIley demands respect from his players... AI could play 46 minutes a game, and make an a.ss out of Larry Brown in front of the crowd when he got taken out for 2 minutes.. So no it isn't a reach to think Riley would of bumped heads with him

2. You still on the height sh*t lol...

3. You keep ducking why your sh*tting on his squad in 2001.... Funny how it's only people that didn't watch them play that year that sh*t on them Outside of 2001, AI only left the first round 2 times the rest of his career.... If cat was some kind of superhero like you think he is, why is this... I'm well aware Philly didn't have the best front office for the most part, but it's not a reach to think other legit scorers, weren't gung ho to play with him, with his style of play....

4. I'm aware of all his scoring accomplishments... Most superstars don't come close to take the volume of shots also, kind of common sense... His playing the passing lane was crazy though, even though he put his team at a disadvantage sometimes... It's not like Ratliff wasn't one of the most versatile shot blockers to let him gamble that much either? Can tell you didn't follow the team lol.. You didn't mention him once....[/

QUOTE]

larry browns the one that switched ai to sg you cant miss me with any thing that happened in philly

first two season he played point no google he avg 23 pts 96 97 22 97 98 both season somewhere around
6 or 7 a.ssist they had jerry stackhouse who avg 2o plus as well when u put a real scorer with ai they scored

there points as well from tim thomas to toni kukoc jerry stackhouse and old a.ss webber ai never had a true superstar on his team he had rookies with potential and stars well past there prime (glen robinson) webber

people that were not goin to give you 25 or 30 so why would he play pg when their best chance of scoring was always him creating something on the wing dude avg 6 or 7 a.ssist every year with no high quality scoring option outside himself and was play sg

sh*tting on the 01 squad why because playing defense means nothin when you cant score they lost to the lakers
because who else was going to score outside of iverson raja bell mutumbo lynch sorry your argument doesnt hold up if one man can give 26 and 7 a.ssist and the next highest scorer has about 11 how you going to beat a team with two player avg close to 30 and there role players scoring 11 to 15 pts each ? if u cant score youre not goin to win a championship sorry

and if iverson was such a liabilty on d show me more then four games where the pg he was guarding scored 30 or more? ill wait
 4 years ago '12        #280
PrimeLamboJr. 163 heat pts163
space
space
$11,317 | Props total: 7320 7320
A.I. >>>Wade Shooting Wise.
Wade>>>A.I. Everything Else Including Scoring. (Wade was much more efficient than AI ever been in his Whole career)
Alot of ole heads on Bx let nostalgia take over and make AI seem like he was MJ Jr. dont get it Twisted Wade is the 2nd best Shooting Guard since Mj era and i Hate Kobe But even I Can recognize game and talent he got.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
181 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
74 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
62 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
46 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
57 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 13 - Study: Women rate the strongest men as the most attractive
82 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Landlord Accused Of Masturbating On Tenant's Clothes When She Wasn't H..
23 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Good Guy Brand! George Clooney Gifted 14 of His Close Friends..
42 comments
19 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy