Prime AI vs Prime Wade

most viewed right now
 102
Steph Kegels
83 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 88
Kevin Hart X-mad card
54 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
 79
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
116 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 75
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
256 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 07-25-2013, 03:32 PM         #221
The Dark Kn1ght 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Wade groupies gettin roasted
 4 years ago '04        #222
torious 67 heat pts67
space
avatar space
space
$82,037 | Props total: 11841 11841
 4 years ago '07        #223
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
avatar space
space
$34,396 | Props total: 13084 13084
 notoriousthugzz said:
Stopped reading here.

What do you Wade stans think it takes to win in basketball? Team up with multiple Hall of Famers not once, but twice?

Iverson played in an era where there were multiple great teams at once, not 2-4 teams of HoFers and then everybody else. You would know this if all you wade stans weren't born in the 90s.
iverson's biggest accomplishment is LOSING a championship in the weakest eastern conference ever in one of the worst eras of basketball. you worship a career loser because that's what it was "cool" to do when you were a kid. you're a follower, and not someone who can objectively understand how the game is played.


It may not have been his fault, but Iverson was at the foreground of this ugly epoch. And some of us knew that his approach, that the league’s approach, was off. All the while you had to stomach endless odes to his gritty heart as the shots clanked left and right. Oh, he might miss a few more field goals, turn the ball over a few more times, but he plays so hard! Can you believe what he’s doing at that height!

Yes, it was very believable, because he wasn’t good enough to be shooting so often. The more I look back on A.I., the more I wonder if he even could have been great. The more I look back on A.I. the more I wonder if he was an average player with a superstar’s shotchart. What else are you supposed to conclude when a guy shoots 27.8 times per game at a .398 field goal percentage? That he’s fantastic?

Yes, Iverson had a good year in 2000-2001, that much is true. It is also true that this 24.0 PER, .190 Win Share season was his career’s absolute apogee. [B]It is also true that beating the 52 win Milwaukee Bucks was the hardest part of advancing from the anemic East.

In the season before that Finals trip, the Sixers were 25th-ranked on offense. In the season of their Finals, they improved to an offensive ranking of 13th. The next year, they ranked 23rd as A.I. shot a shade less than 40%. Over the span of Iverson’s Philadelphia career, his team averaged an offensive ranking of 22nd. The surrounding talent was wretched at times, but A.I. still shot no better than his team TS% in five consecutive seasons (1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003). The shanky hero ball has been explained away with, “his teams were bad.” While there is truth to that, it is then fair to ask why Allen Iverson so often shot worse than such bad players.

During Larry Brown’s time with them, the Sixers averaged a No. 6 ranking in defense. It was the team’s (ignored) calling card during that stretch of competence. We didn’t really focus on such things, back before the proliferation of Internet stats savvy. “Yay points!” was the ruling ethos.

[pic - click to view]




 4 years ago '04        #224
notoriousthugzz 41 heat pts41
space
avatar space
space
$18,900 | Props total: 2029 2029
Lol at quoting a portion of an entire article bashing Iverson written by a guy that hates Iverson. The concept you still can't seem to grasp is Iverson was 6 feet. Do you understand how much of an advantage guys like Wade and Kobe have? Have you ever played basketball?

and I'd say winning ROY and MVP are bigger accomplishments than leading a team to the Finals, something Wade has not done and will never do.

Go bump more threads to show me how you are
 4 years ago '09        #225
MakaveliToDon91 11 heat pts11
space
avatar space
space
$4,634 | Props total: 4634 4634
 The Dark Kn1ght said:
Wade groupies gettin roasted
u r such a cornball it aint even funny
 4 years ago '07        #226
timdog 926 heat pts926
space
avatar space
space
$30,522 | Props total: 15082 15082
 notoriousthugzz said:
Lol at quoting a portion of an entire article bashing Iverson written by a guy that hates Iverson. The concept you still can't seem to grasp is Iverson was 6 feet. Do you understand how much of an advantage guys like Wade and Kobe have? Have you ever played basketball?

and I'd say winning ROY and MVP are bigger accomplishments than leading a team to the Finals, something Wade has not done and will never do.

Go bump more threads to show me how you are
isiah thomas was under 6ft
 4 years ago '04        #227
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$11,347 | Props total: 2783 2783
 jayembee said:


When you want to talk basketball you get back at me, for now leave the Cliche's for Beyonce...



What fu*king Defense, and thats just Kobe..


at the 3:37 mark you saw how hard he fought to get over that screen..





Heat fan exposing his biasness
Wtf does and that's just Kobe. That was a fu*king prime fu*king Kobe who is one of the most explosive scorer ever. Kobe use to destroy a prime Bruce Bowen like it was nothing. Who actually stops a prime kobe .

Won't you post up when wade shut James harden down and made him go ghost in the finals. A prime wade was a better 1 on 1 defender than Bron. Did you see wade defense in the finals this year. His offense was trash but he was playing great d still. Melo plays 0 defense.
 4 years ago '07        #228
timdog 926 heat pts926
space
avatar space
space
$30,522 | Props total: 15082 15082
 joshdogg26 said:
iverson's biggest accomplishment is LOSING a championship in the weakest eastern conference ever in one of the worst eras of basketball. you worship a career loser because that's what it was "cool" to do when you were a kid. you're a follower, and not someone who can objectively understand how the game is played.


It may not have been his fault, but Iverson was at the foreground of this ugly epoch. And some of us knew that his approach, that the league’s approach, was off. All the while you had to stomach endless odes to his gritty heart as the shots clanked left and right. Oh, he might miss a few more field goals, turn the ball over a few more times, but he plays so hard! Can you believe what he’s doing at that height!

Yes, it was very believable, because he wasn’t good enough to be shooting so often. The more I look back on A.I., the more I wonder if he even could have been great. The more I look back on A.I. the more I wonder if he was an average player with a superstar’s shotchart. What else are you supposed to conclude when a guy shoots 27.8 times per game at a .398 field goal percentage? That he’s fantastic?

Yes, Iverson had a good year in 2000-2001, that much is true. It is also true that this 24.0 PER, .190 Win Share season was his career’s absolute apogee. [B]It is also true that beating the 52 win Milwaukee Bucks was the hardest part of advancing from the anemic East.

In the season before that Finals trip, the Sixers were 25th-ranked on offense. In the season of their Finals, they improved to an offensive ranking of 13th. The next year, they ranked 23rd as A.I. shot a shade less than 40%. Over the span of Iverson’s Philadelphia career, his team averaged an offensive ranking of 22nd. The surrounding talent was wretched at times, but A.I. still shot no better than his team TS% in five consecutive seasons (1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003). The shanky hero ball has been explained away with, “his teams were bad.” While there is truth to that, it is then fair to ask why Allen Iverson so often shot worse than such bad players.

During Larry Brown’s time with them, the Sixers averaged a No. 6 ranking in defense. It was the team’s (ignored) calling card during that stretch of competence. We didn’t really focus on such things, back before the proliferation of Internet stats savvy. “Yay points!” was the ruling ethos.

[pic - click to view]




 4 years ago '07        #229
kakish 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$12,936 | Props total: 1532 1532
Let's discuss how far Wade lead his team as the lone superstar...
 07-25-2013, 05:32 PM         #230
The Dark Kn1ght 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MakaveliToDon91 said:
u r such a cornball it aint even funny
lol people like yourself so aggy in here though
 07-25-2013, 05:41 PM         #231
bigree61 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wade is a better play than Allen Iverson


A I could average 14 ppg in the playoffs playing with LeBron right now


this is what happens when you never played a game of basketball in your life or you were born in the mid to late 90's

AI took a team to the finals with less talent than the team wade lead to the 2nd overall pic

but espn and the ***** says AI is a demon so you will believe what you are sold and told
 4 years ago '07        #232
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
avatar space
space
$34,396 | Props total: 13084 13084
 bigree61 said:
wade is a better play than Allen Iverson


A I could average 14 ppg in the playoffs playing with LeBron right now


this is what happens when you never played a game of basketball in your life or you were born in the mid to late 90's

AI took a team to the finals with less talent than the team wade lead to the 2nd overall pic

but espn and the ***** says AI is a demon so you will believe what you are sold and told
14 ppg was about his scoring average when he played his way out of the league. he could probably get that... if he took 20 shots

a team with less talent that swept the regular season awards vs. a team with 8 d-leaguers. thank you for reminding me how fu*king dumb you have to be to suck iverson's d!ck like y'all do.
 4 years ago '08        #233
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$6,675 | Props total: 2322 2322
n*ggas actually believe Wade is that good? Crazy..
 4 years ago '04        #234
notoriousthugzz 41 heat pts41
space
avatar space
space
$18,900 | Props total: 2029 2029
 timdog said:
isiah thomas was under 6ft
What does that have to do with anything?

Isiah was a PG, there's plenty of solid PG's in the past/present that are 6 footers.

How many SG's have won mvp that were 6 feet.

I really don't think people understand how hard it is to score in the NBA at that height. Using FG%s is such a weak argument against Iverson imo... it's the easy way out. Of course guys like kobe and wade will have a higher FG%. Throughout the course of history the taller you are the higher your FG% will be. Iverson had a huge disadvantage that none of these other great SG's had. They didn't have to work as hard to get open for a shot.
 4 years ago '07        #235
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
avatar space
space
$34,396 | Props total: 13084 13084
fu*king @ handicapping for height. nobody cares what he could do "at that height." we care about what he could do period, and that boils down to taking an egregious amount of shots that was totally disproportionate to his actual skill at scoring. son worships Nate Robinson with a green light.

muggsy bogues for GOAT
 4 years ago '07        #236
timdog 926 heat pts926
space
avatar space
space
$30,522 | Props total: 15082 15082
 notoriousthugzz said:
What does that have to do with anything?

Isiah was a PG, there's plenty of solid PG's in the past/present that are 6 footers.

How many SG's have won mvp that were 6 feet.

I really don't think people understand how hard it is to score in the NBA at that height. Using FG%s is such a weak argument against Iverson imo... it's the easy way out. Of course guys like kobe and wade will have a higher FG%. Throughout the course of history the taller you are the higher your FG% will be. Iverson had a huge disadvantage that none of these other great SG's had. They didn't have to work as hard to get open for a shot.
cuz isiah was under 6ft led the pistons to back to back championships

mvp means nothing

so if iverson had to work hard to jack up 27 shots a game like he did that season why not pass
 4 years ago '04        #237
notoriousthugzz 41 heat pts41
space
avatar space
space
$18,900 | Props total: 2029 2029
 joshdogg26 said:
fu*king @ handicapping for height. nobody cares what he could do "at that height." we care about what he could do period, and that boils down to taking an egregious amount of shots that was totally disproportionate to his actual skill at scoring. son worships Nate Robinson with a green light.

muggsy bogues for GOAT
I just feel sorry for you at this point.

Clearly you don't understand basketball and have probably never played, nor did you watch Iverson in his "prime".

Comparing Nate Robinson to Iverson... wow, your stupidity is just unbelievable.

Keep slurping a guy who needed multiple Hall of famers on his team to win ANYTHING.
 4 years ago '04        #238
notoriousthugzz 41 heat pts41
space
avatar space
space
$18,900 | Props total: 2029 2029
 timdog said:
cuz isiah was under 6ft led the pistons to back to back championships

mvp means nothing

so if iverson had to work hard to jack up 27 shots a game like he did that season why not pass
But Isiah being under 6 feet isn't comparable to Iverson.

For the 2nd time, Isiah was a Point guard. It's not uncommon for a PG to be that height. Iverson was a Shooting Guard. It's extremely rare for a SG to be that height.

MVP means nothing? Really? Don't even know where to start with this one.

It's just so clear that both you and joshdogg never watched Iverson play night in night out. The league never saw a player like Iverson, the beatings he took on a night in night out basis. It's amazing he played for as long as he did considering the damage he did to his body.

The hate for Iverson is just astounding. Both of you should've been swallowed
 4 years ago '07        #239
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
avatar space
space
$34,396 | Props total: 13084 13084
 notoriousthugzz said:
I just feel sorry for you at this point.

Clearly you don't understand basketball and have probably never played, nor did you watch Iverson in his "prime".

Comparing Nate Robinson to Iverson... wow, your stupidity is just unbelievable.

Keep slurping a guy who needed multiple Hall of famers on his team to win ANYTHING.
the irony of your post is really what makes it great. you view him through nostalgia goggles because you grew up watching him. anybody who actually understands basketball understands that his game wasn't built for winning and it was an eyesore to any person who appreciates the game of basketball.

it's soooo terrible that wade has won 3 championships and counting, playing with other good players like all the other people who have won a ring. i wish he just lost every year ever like iverson and his only accomplishment was losing in the finals because he played in an abomination of a conference in the terrible post-jordan era and his defense carried him and his team swept the awards. he gets all the credit because he did all the shooting, even though he sucked at it. fu*king idiot.
 4 years ago '12        #240
SHADOW 326 heat pts326
space
avatar space
space
$8,652 | Props total: 322 322
 904Nole said:
n*ggas actually believe Wade is that good? Crazy..

[pic - click to view]

Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 67
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
104 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 46
joie chavis
38 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 46
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
109 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 30
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
71 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 23
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
90 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 23
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
62 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 21
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
19 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 21
Video inside Denzel speaking Realism!
27 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy