Rihanna, Jay Z, Kanye West Join Stevie Wonder's Florida Boycott Following George Zimmerman Verdict

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
119 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
62 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
61 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
102 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '13        #21
TayMasterChef 33 heat pts33
space
space
$2,655 | Props total: 406 406
 D1nOnlyMrM@ said:
ya know what, I fu*ks with florida. I like a lot of the people I meet from florida, (cept my ex, she can rot in hell) but yea, if all the celebs are dippin.... that means anyone nice enough to grace the floridian masses will get double the love. Might have to hit that up. I am upset at the law, but by boycotting florida, ppl are boycotting their fans. Why not pour money from those concerts into the Trayvon Charity? Florida got wayy more problems than just trayvon. the poverty in some parts is torrid for no reason. They just gonna leave the people that work they a.ss off to see them perform, to f!ght a law that wont change. If everyone boycotts florida, it will just make the state worse
I fu*k wit you
 4 years ago '04        #22
willi150 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,501 | Props total: 221 221
I like the idea, this is what needs to be done to find justice for Martin. That law needs to be fixed because the law is what allowed him to walk free.
 4 years ago '04        #23
money36 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,691 | Props total: 128 128
Good, i hope more artists join in as well.
 07-23-2013, 12:29 PM         #24
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TayMasterChef said:
This is so dumb

They're basically saying they don't give a fu*k about Florida
fixed

[pic - click to view]

07-23-2013, 12:30 PM         #25
dlettern 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I just came back from Florida. fu*k that stupid state. When I say that, I don't mean the brothers and sisters who don't subscribe to the BS there as there are some great people in Florida. However, as a state, its fu*king racist. Its not even hidden down there. My family and I were straight up not served at two restaurants at Delray Beach. I've never experienced sh*t like that before. I guess its a Southern thing. Nonetheless, I won't be visiting anytime soon either. Coming from NYC, I aint missing anything down there.

Stay strong to all the brothers and sisters still living through the BS down there.
 07-23-2013, 12:34 PM         #26
dlettern 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 D1nOnlyMrM@ said:
ya know what, I fu*ks with florida. I like a lot of the people I meet from florida, (cept my ex, she can rot in hell) but yea, if all the celebs are dippin.... that means anyone nice enough to grace the floridian masses will get double the love. Might have to hit that up. I am upset at the law, but by boycotting florida, ppl are boycotting their fans. Why not pour money from those concerts into the Trayvon Charity? Florida got wayy more problems than just trayvon. the poverty in some parts is torrid for no reason. They just gonna leave the people that work they a.ss off to see them perform, to f!ght a law that wont change. If everyone boycotts florida, it will just make the state worse
Conscious fans should know that awareness is more important than a few hours of entertainment. As a Black man, I can't see how anyone can be upset at their anger towards Florida's legislature. sh*t, even McCain is calling for review of that racist law. If a boycott will inspire such review, whats wrong with that? Fans taking this personal have really separated themselves from whats important. This is sending a global message and sparking helpful dialogue
 07-23-2013, 12:42 PM         #27
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DSmith93 said:
fu*k FLORIDA! good sh*t, rethink them laws bi*ch

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '08        #28
V.R. Nabor 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,148 | Props total: 3046 3046
 DEDOS said:
isnt justin timberlake and jay z going to perform at sun life stadium in south florida in 2 weeks

they going to cancel that show
 DEDOS said:
nope not a full a boycottt they going to play one more show

so they boycotting stand your ground? they do know 28 other states have similar laws right?

and they do know that the judge denied the defense the "stand your ground" law right... this was based on Self defense the aqquital right
 DEDOS said:
they still coming to miami
 DEDOS said:
but HOV is going to be doing his show in florida in 2 weeks
 DEDOS said:
and a florida rapper had the best song on the album

worried?
 07-23-2013, 01:02 PM         #29
twentythree 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
you have the right to defend yourself so fu*k jay z. he has bodyguards to protect him in the "streets." he doesnt go through what we go through. he doesnt relate to any of us. this country is PUSSIFIED.

on a side note, a BLIND n*gga started this.. think about that for a second. It's literally the blind following the blind. smh.
 4 years ago '04        #30
skillahmang 2 heat pts
space
space
$23,694 | Props total: 11376 11376
 Oh Finesse said:
no Mass my state just continues to fu*kin WIN!

CT tho? and I just told my pops earlier I'm down to move there.... I take that back
Hernandez, Celtics, Bruins, Marathon.

4 years ago '04        #31
D1nOnlyMrM@ 43 heat pts43
space
space
$12,451 | Props total: 1446 1446
 dlettern said:
Conscious fans should know that awareness is more important than a few hours of entertainment. As a Black man, I can't see how anyone can be upset at their anger towards Florida's legislature. sh*t, even McCain is calling for review of that racist law. If a boycott will inspire such review, whats wrong with that? Fans taking this personal have really separated themselves from whats important. This is sending a global message and sparking helpful dialogue
i feel you, really i do, but people PAID already. that and there are other ways to hit florida's pockets. See what we fail to realize is, when they cancel the concerts, the audio visual workers suffer, the whole staff loses money, working people not getting paid...and thats one side of it, the other side is the people who already paid. now if they give refunds...cool, but still you have those that lost work. So what about those broke in florida? should we just let them rot there in different fu*ked up situations. The overall message I get it, but I dont think much thought was put into such boycott. There are definitely other avenues.

Also, they have to be this way everywhere that has that law. If they don't, they have already lost their argument. And to think about all the other heinous crimes that aren't in florida that happen on the daily, we should be boycotting this boycott, and invest our energy more into community and child development. They could do a lot more with the millions they earn, to make a statement and point. What they expect for us to do? not go to florida? ok fine...watch them drop the prices to visit, and all the bi*ches who take that random trip to florida bi annually will be right back on south beach drinking call a cabs and getting fu*ked by whoever happens to be sitting next to them
 4 years ago '11        #32
whothebestmc 98 heat pts98
space
space
$19,560 | Props total: 9464 9464
 DEDOS said:
and a florida rapper had the best song on the album

you were good till this
 4 years ago '05        #33
ice wolf 515 heat pts515
space
space
$9,300 | Props total: 5487 5487
The only people suffering here are the fans in FL.

The judges and politicians of FL probably give zero f#cks if the residents of FL miss out on a few concerts from the artists listed in this article.

I personally think Zimmerman should be behind bars right now, but the best way to voice your opinion is to start written or online petitions, and to protest in front of the courts and in front of the news agencies, and your local police stations.

These little Diva artists are too lazy and self involved to dedicate their own personal time to protests and non-profitable causes (for the most part.)
 4 years ago '13        #34
LeChosen1 
space
space
$2,575 | Props total: 61 61
Like ICEWOLF said

This isnt going to change sh*t because Florida doesnt need these artist to profit as a state

This really only affects the fans who now are SOL

What these artist should do is start a petition to get the Law Changed,

Last edited by LeChosen1; 07-23-2013 at 02:14 PM..
 4 years ago '04        #35
Jaysin_305 77 heat pts77
space
space
$3,307 | Props total: 244 244
you boycott FLA but your still comming .. LOL I got tickets too
 4 years ago '04        #36
Mumbletaker 58 heat pts58
space
space
$11,481 | Props total: 7147 7147
Unless the person says it, I won't believe it. And so far only Stevie has said it.

Remember after his daughter was born and the story about Jay not using the word "bi*ch" anymore?
 4 years ago '04        #37
cormega74 16 heat pts16
space
space
$3,733 | Props total: 2548 2548
 TayMasterChef said:
This is so dumb

They're basically saying they don't give a fu*k about their fans

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '12        #38
Boo The Fool 12 heat pts12
space
space
$16,392 | Props total: 5652 5652
we lawst
 4 years ago '12        #39
Boo The Fool 12 heat pts12
space
space
$16,392 | Props total: 5652 5652
 ManWithoutFear! said:

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '06        #40
thekidd 48 heat pts48
space
space
space
$1,190 | Props total: 911 911
funny how these laws rarely prevent mass k!llings anyway...
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
88 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
75 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Final Bright Trailer: Will Smith Gets a Magic Wand
17 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
79 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
70 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of “I’m not racist”
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy