Rihanna, Jay Z, Kanye West Join Stevie Wonder's Florida Boycott Following George Zimmerman Verdict

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside THICK THIGHS SAVE LIVES AND MAKE UGLY bi-chES CUTE ii
98 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Im slamming this Hoe (Alexis Skyy)
57 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Aug 20 - THE WOLF OF WALSTREET SCAMMING AGAIN
57 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Irv Gotti exposes 50 Cent, again.
169 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '06        #1
5883 pageviews
74 comments

SM 37250 heat pts37250
space
space
$123,526 | Props total: 48980 48980
Rihanna, Jay Z, Kanye West Join Stevie Wonder's Florida Boycott Following George Zimmerman Verdict

Florida concert ticket sales may be plummeting soon.

Performers such as Rihanna, Jay-Z Jay Z, Kanye West, Justin Timberlake and Madonna have reportedly decided to follow Stevie Wonder's footsteps in boycotting Florida in protest of the state's "Stand Your Ground" law. April Ryan of American Urban Radio Network first broke the news, crediting "a source close to Wonder" for leaking a list of A-listers who've vowed to not perform at the Sunshine State in the wake of George Zimmerman's acquittal for the 2012 k!lling of unarmed teen Trayvon Martin.

Wonder earlier announced his intention to boycott any state with "Stand Your Ground" laws after a jury found Zimmerman -- who police did not arrest weeks after the k!lling due to the law -- not guilty of second-degree murder. The "Stand Your Ground" defense also appeared in instructions to jurors during the trial.

"I decided today that until the Stand Your Ground law is abolished in Florida, I will never perform there again," Wonder said during a concert in Canada earlier this month. "As a matter of fact, wherever I find that law exists, I will not perform in that state or in that part of the world."

According to Ryan, other notable celebs on the boycott list include Usher, Alicia Keys, The Rolling Stones, Rod Stewart and will.i.am.

Jay Z and his wife, Beyonce, also showed their support for Martin, appearing at a recent rally in New York City to support the slain teenager's family.

visit this link Rihanna, Jay Z, Kanye West Join Stevie Wonder's Florida Boycott Following George Zimmerman Verdict: Report

74 comments for "Rihanna, Jay Z, Kanye West Join Stevie Wonder's Florida Boycott Following George Zimmerman Verdict"

4 years ago '06        #2
DEDOS 142 heat pts142
space
space
$62,090 | Props total: 21237 21237
isnt justin timberlake and jay z going to perform at sun life stadium in south florida in 2 weeks

they going to cancel that show
 4 years ago '13        #3
TayMasterChef 33 heat pts33
space
space
$2,642 | Props total: 394 394
This is so dumb

They're basically saying they don't give a fu*k about their fans
Sin slapped this ish

07-23-2013, 08:52 AM         #4
CurlyD 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I like where this is going
Sin gave props

4 years ago '06        #5
DEDOS 142 heat pts142
space
space
nope not a full a boycottt they going to play one more show

UPDATE: A local news outlet in Florida cites "an executive affiliated with the 'Legends of the Summer' tour" who says the Justin Timberlake and Jay Z concert planned for August 16 at Sun Life stadium will go on. As stated earlier, HuffPost has reached out to Timberlake and Jay Z's reps for comment on the reported boycott.

so they boycotting stand your ground? they do know 28 other states have similar laws right?

and they do know that the judge denied the defense the "stand your ground" law right... this was based on Self defense the aqquital right
 4 years ago '13        #6
HipHopFactz 424 heat pts424
space
space
$30,580 | Props total: 35832 35832
Stevie is right, all these rappers and singers shud follow suit

Jay and JT need to cancel that show

Hit the economy of an area and it will soon change its melody, these officials get mad as hell when they see even a 0.1% drop in annual finances

It took The Rolling Stones to kick start this boycott with Stevie, the white rockers from England doing what black rappers shud have done to start with

Rappers always jump ship later on

Last edited by HipHopFactz; 07-23-2013 at 09:05 AM..
 4 years ago '05        #7
Monolith 
space
space
$690 | Props total: 8 8

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '06        #8
LYTE 117 heat pts117
space
space
space
$13,768 | Props total: 3822 3822
 TayMasterChef said:
This is so dumb

They're basically saying they don't give a fu*k about their fans
My artist, though not big yet said he wont perform in Florida. Just turned down a show at King of Diamonds.

I told him when sh*t get major, we have to compensate the potential future Florida fans. He asked how.

I said doing more shows in states that surround Florida & charging the Florida residents a crazy discount like 50% or more.

Taking in consideration their time & money spent for travel. If an artist of Jay Z(no dash) status did this, there will be no bad press from that
 4 years ago '06        #9
LowaEastSide5 156 heat pts156
space
space
$32,702 | Props total: 13552 13552
 Monolith said:

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '06        #10
LYTE 117 heat pts117
space
space
space
$13,768 | Props total: 3822 3822
P.S. About time these celebrities used their power to start something major.
 4 years ago '07        #11
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,601 | Props total: 4339 4339
this would be great if true.only artist that has actually said this is stevie wonder.
 4 years ago '08        #12
bkid 125 heat pts125
space
space
$9,128 | Props total: 3964 3964
Usher, Alicia Keys, The Rolling Stones, Rod Stewart, will.i.am, Jay-Z, Rihanna, Kanye West, Beyonce and Stevie Wonder

Florida lost

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '12        #13
ezduzit 9 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,927 | Props total: 1635 1635
 DEDOS said:
nope not a full a boycottt they going to play one more show

so they boycotting stand your ground? they do know 28 other states have similar laws right?

and they do know that the judge denied the defense the "stand your ground" law right... this was based on Self defense the aqquital right
im confused about this. because the regular self-defense law says you have to retreat before using lethal force.. but they said that didnt have to be proved in the trial.. the stand your ground doctrine says you dont have to retreat also but im either hearing that zimmerman didnt use it or the judge rejected it... if you know more about the trial then me. then youre welcome to enlighten me
 4 years ago '07        #14
cankstoochie 48 heat pts48
space
space
$16,400 | Props total: 867 867
where's mr. day o old decrepit a.ss?
 4 years ago '04        #15
justinjones 306 heat pts306
space
space
$49,100 | Props total: 5734 5734

[pic - click to view]

florida not the only state that has this
 4 years ago '11        #16
hayday12 83 heat pts83
space
space
$2,502 | Props total: 622 622
False

Although some of the other artists mentioned in the example reproduced above may have made public statements expressing disappointment or concern with the verdict in the Trayvon Martin case, as far as we know none of them (other than Stevie Wonder) has canceled upcoming concert dates in Florida or expressed a refusal to play there in the future.

Contrary to what is stated above, the North American 'Legends of the Summer' tour featuring Justin Timberlake and Jay Z was not due to kick off in Miami, Florida, until Justin Timberlake canceled it because "he refused to entertain a state who's [sic] government allows people to shoot and k!ll unarmed teenagers." That tour began as scheduled with its opening date in Toronto, Ontario, on 17 July 2013 and played its first U.S. date at New York's Yankee Stadium two days later. The tour is currently scheduled to hit Miami on 16 August 2013.
 4 years ago '06        #17
DEDOS 142 heat pts142
space
space
they still coming to miami
 07-23-2013, 10:44 AM         #18
ts21 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fu*k florida bi*ch a.ss state
 4 years ago '13        #19
CrunchTime CDN 427 heat pts427
space
space
$9,948 | Props total: 4535 4535
Yeah right!
 4 years ago '04        #20
D1nOnlyMrM@ 42 heat pts42
space
space
$12,317 | Props total: 1256 1256
ya know what, I fu*ks with florida. I like a lot of the people I meet from florida, (cept my ex, she can rot in hell) but yea, if all the celebs are dippin.... that means anyone nice enough to grace the floridian masses will get double the love. Might have to hit that up. I am upset at the law, but by boycotting florida, ppl are boycotting their fans. Why not pour money from those concerts into the Trayvon Charity? Florida got wayy more problems than just trayvon. the poverty in some parts is torrid for no reason. They just gonna leave the people that work they a.ss off to see them perform, to f!ght a law that wont change. If everyone boycotts florida, it will just make the state worse
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Kid fuuks Bully's mother then confesses on live radio.
28 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The first ever school shooter..why did she do it?.. She didnt like. . .
90 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside DEFENDERS VERSUS AVENGERS. Who you got?
37 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bone Thugs having issues with Bizzy Bone again
89 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Aug 20 - A Current Taco Bell Employee Just Dished Out 7 Secrets You Need to Know
116 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside This game issa product of a time where people didn't really give a fu-k..
23 comments
20 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
NBA JJ Redick explains shooting at the line & that some players always gonna b..
57 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Nike & Paul George steal JellyFam's concept for the "JellyFam PG 1" shoe
47 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy