Jul 22 - Bill O’Reilly Epic Talking Points Memo On Problems Within Black Communities & Race Hustlers

most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
120 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
104 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
54 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '07        #161
Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511
space
space
$55,232 | Props total: 20021 20021
Bill O the clown is paid like $20 million dollars a year to be a race hustler, the irony is so great.
 4 years ago '13        #162
Thetinman 24 heat pts24
space
space
$2,758 | Props total: 49 49
bill is a perv... guarantee he has at least one kid out of wedlock
 07-24-2013, 05:02 PM         #163
Lex Lossis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
One of the key components O’Reilly cites at the root of the problem is the deterioration or lack of the family unit.
Spot on.
 4 years ago '06        #164
SM 38204 heat pts38204 OP
space
space
$128,024 | Props total: 67808 67808
some of you all lookin so stupid in here
 4 years ago '12        #165
Bravo Golf 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$4,462 | Props total: 3057 3057
 I_make_beatz said:
Interesting...the fact that all of O' Reilly's supporters in this thread cannot make a good argument as to why African-Americans should not get reparations, no matter what form they are in. This leads me to conclude that supporters of his rant are not the deep critical thinkers that they claim to be. Yes, this means you theMindof, BravoGolf, etc. See, before you come up with solutions to a problem, you have to make sure that your analysis and framework that you are using to analyze are based on facts, not on opinions or popular conjecture.

Let me first discredit the popular idea that Africans who come to America and excel are somehow better than African-American in the inner-city. This is a flawed argument because most people who emigrate to America represent minute percentages of the overall community, city, or country they come from. For example, I recently went to China. When I was there, I observed many families who were having problems trying to get their children to learn English, pay attention in school, etc. This is in contrast to the many Chinese who come to America who are eager to learn, start from scratch, and work their way up from the bottom. You wouldn't know that if you talked to Chinese over here in the U.S., so much so that the stereotype is that all Chinese people are highly intelligent. So for the Africans that are now in the U.S. and doing well, Congratulations. But for you to ignorantly stereotype yourself as the norm is very disengenous and just feeds into the concept of white supremacy. I challenge you to go back to your country and try to educate the children there that may be of average intelligence, to help them get to your level. Will you be willing to do that? Probably not, because it is a lot easier to make it seem that what you did is so easy a caveman can do it. Conclusion: outliers do not represent the masses of any culture.

Here's my response to the O' Reilly rant:

The problems facing the inner-city communities today, which are composed of many races, mostly African Americans, must at first be isolated from the problems facing middle-class and upper class African Americans. Why you ask? Because the economic class you are born into seriously dictates your opportunities for upward mobility; the crime statistics for middle and upper-class black communities mirror that of other communities (different races) in the same tax brackets.

Now that we have isolated the problem, which is the issue of rampant crime in the inner city communities, we should look at the history of the formation of ghettos in America. The term "ghetto" actually originates from European culture, and was used to describe the dilapidated communities that Jewish people were forced to live in during the Holocaust. That should give some clues to my next hypothesis: ghettos in America were actually engineered by the government. My evidence is:

the building of massive projects (fact), the influx of drugs into these community by the CIA (fact), redistricting to prevent African Americans from gaining voting power despite the fact that they represented majorities of the population in these major cities (fact), the production of welfare benefits that promote single-family homes and reward those families financially for each child born out of wedlock (fact), predatory lending (fact), intentional witholding or non-distribution of funds by the city council which led to underfunded schools taught by weak teachers (fact).

The Africans will read the above and retort that the communities they came from were much worse, so if they could make, so can anyone. I partially agree, because in the 60's and 70's, during the Civil Rights Movement, before the onslaught of project buildings and the War with Drugs on the black community, there were groups who took the initiative like these Africans did, and set up their own free breakfast programs for children, so they could concentrate when they went to school. They also set up free health care clinics manned by real doctors who came back to help their communities after making it. There were also groups of lawyers who worked pro-bono to prevent black youth from becoming victims of the racist criminal justice system. There were also some who taught weapons training after serving their country in the Vietnam war for purposes of self-defense.

What happened to all of these people, who just like Africans who to America, were products of self-determination, hard work, creativity and stamina? They were k!lled, given life sentences in prison for crimes they did not commit, or forced to leave the country and seek political asylum like Edward Snowden is currently doing now. A prime example is Geronimo Pratt, who spent over 25 years in prison for teaching self-defense to African-Americans, and was framed for a murder he did not commit. He was given reparations (redress) for false imprisonment and servitude (yes, slavery is legal in the prison system in the U.S.) in the amount of 4.5 million dollars. a.ssata Shakur just had a 2 million dollar bounty put on her head for all of her good work, and she is like 67 years old. She is old enough to be my grandmother. Alton Maddox had his law license revoked for vigorously defending black youth in the eighties, and many other self-determined people were victims of this type of treatment have died. Pratt died in 2011. One final point: unemployment rates and lack of job opportunities are extremely high in the inner-cities, but this is actually a result of all the rest of the data, combined with chilling effect that the prison industrial complex has on people attempting to obtain employment after being released from the beast.

Analysis
After analysizing the data, which is all independently verified, we can conclude that problems that are affecting inner-city communities Do your own research if you want to try to prove me wrong. These systemic issues are institutionalized nationally in inner-cities across America, meaning that they have the effect of creating a disparate impact upon young African Americans, especially the subset African American males, when compared to similarly-situated citizens of other races. This can be confirmed with statistics, for instance, drug use among African Americans and Caucasians are the same, while African Americans are arrested for possesion at 10 times the rate of Caucasians (
[pic - click to view]

source)

Those are the facts. It has also been proven that many police departments around the country are motivated by economics along with racism to target African Americans for traffic stops, stop and frisks, drug raids, and conspiracy to commit crimes. For example, in 2002, The American Civil Liberties Union filed a class action lawsuit charging racial discrimination in an undercover drug bust that led to the arrest of 15 percent of African-American men between the ages of 18 and 34 in Hearne, a rural community of 5,000 in Austin, Texas.

According to the ACLU's complaint, "for the past 15 years, based on the uncorroborated tales of informants, Task Force members annually raid the African American community in eastern Hearne to arrest the residents identified by the confidential informants, resulting in the arrest and harassment of innocent citizens without cause." One man was actually arrested at the funeral of his 18-month-old daughter and held for a month before charges were dropped. The complaintant Regina Kelly was arrested in a drug sweep initiated by a paid confidential informant (snitch) who had a known history of mental instability. The district attorney told him he needed to give up at least 20 people “to work off” a case of his own, because the office had received a large federal grant for drug enforcement and needed to generate arrests (economic incentive combined with racism via targeting black communities). Regina who supported by a strong single mother, was bailed out by her mom. Other woman in jail as a result of the sweep, who didn't have strong family, legal, or financial support, accepted plea deals that allowed them to be released from prison but resulted in them losing all welfare benefits, leaving them pretty much homeless for no reason. Regina won her case against the prosecutor and all charges were cleared for those woman ONLY who did not take plea deals. This is a prime example that shows you that simply living in a predominately black community that is economically at or below the poverty line puts at risk for losing your human rights, not just civil rights.

So what's the solution? Reparations. Reparations could take the form of free scholarships to college to those making 2.5 or above gpa, free college remedial programs (why would anyone PAY for a remedial class that doesn't count towards your degree is beyond me) higher teacher salaries in poverty-stricken communities along with funds to rebuild the schools there. Instead of promoting a black exodus under the guise of neighborhood revitalization, build nice apartments and single-family homes where these projects once stood, and fund the first 15-20 years of the mortgage there for the same residents to live there instead of using a strict "no family member with criminal records can live there" in order to displace the poor population. Also, to ease race relations, and all private and public student loans should be forgiven for all Americans. Instead of bailing out Wall Street, we bail out Main St. I know some people who have paid off their loans already will be upset, but this is about healing not only the open wound of African Americans, but giving all Americans room to breathe as we exit this financial crisis and create a more perfect union for all, Africans included.
Although I've made a few long-winded posts myself, I'm not reading all of this LOL. I'm only responding because I saw my name and wanted to clear up some misconceptions you and others may have about me.

I took an advanced public speaking course a year ago. I had to do a persuasion speech that was worth like 30 percent of my grade. I'm one of only two black men in the entire class. You know what I did my speech on? Reparations.

By the way, it was a pro-reparations speech. As you can imagine, I had a lot of white classmates shaking their head at my speech. I even did a Q and A with them after the speech. My solutions for reparations was not a cash payment, but rather certain entitlements such as black community investments, free tuition for slave descendants, student loan forgiveness for slave descendants, etc. After class, I sent the entire class a mass email with all the sources I used for my speech so that none of them could debate the accuracy of what I was saying. In the speech, I spoke briefly about slavery and spent the majority of the speech speaking about the legacy of slavery: Jim Crow, white flight, convict leasing, housing discrimination, job discrimination, affirmative action, etc.

I'm probably more pro-black than you and the rest of you in here who want to paint me as an Uncle Tom. I teach for a living. I teach in a school that is 68 percent black and 76 percent poor. To me, education has always been the common denominator of those who are successful in this world, and the lack of education is the common denominator for those who are not. This goes beyond race, plain and simple.

So forgive me for wanting to hold my people accountable and value something that can never been taken away. Jordan's can get scuffed. Cars can be repossessed. Homes can be foreclosed. Clothes can shrink or get holes in them. An education, however, can never be taken away. It's all about priorities, my brother. Now stop shifting blame and help me help us take responsibility for our destiny.

Last edited by Bravo Golf; 07-26-2013 at 07:30 AM..
 4 years ago '12        #166
Bravo Golf 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
And before anyone calls bullsh*t regarding my last post, here is the email:

###### <#####@odu.edu>
3/15/12

to
Good Afternoon Class and Professor ######,

I thank you all for being an attentive audience today during my speech. Like I discussed in the class, the issue of reparations is too complex to properly address in such a short of amount of time, but I hope I was able to at least pique your interest somewhat. However, to fully understand the issue, especially from a black perspective, you must question why certain things are the way they are.

For example, have you ever wondered why most of the maintenance personnel you see around campus and at other institutions are almost always majority black? I'll put it this way: they didn't aspire to be that as kids!

Ever wonder why suburbs are predominately white and inner-cities are predominately black?

Those are questions I asked myself often growing up, and a lot of my free time is spent researching the origins of such occurrences.

Yes, as an African-American, I appreciate the opportunities I have today that I would not have had 30 or 40 years ago, but simply dismissing history as if it never happened does nothing to improve America. As always, history is our greatest teacher, whether it directly involves us or not.

If anyone is curious about looking more into the social issues I discussed in my speech, I recommend checking out the following sources:

Narrative Films and Documentaries

Brother Future (older film, likely will only find on VHS, a.ssuming those things still exist)
Rosewood
A Raisin in the Sun
Mississippi Burning
Higher Learning
Ghosts of Mississippi
The Ernest Green Story (another film you likely will on find on VHS)
Ruby Bridges
Nightjohn (TV movie but available on DVD. Tells the story of how slaves were denied the right to learn how to read and right. The lack of formal education in literacy is one of the reasons Ebonics is a primary dialect in the black community)
Birth of a Nation (extremely racist but widely recognized as one of the most influential films of the 20th Century)
Blood Done Sign My Name (Based on a true story, released in 2010)
The Long Walk Home (starring Whoopi Goldberg and Sissy Spacek)
Slavery and the Making of America (PBS documentary series)
Four Little Girls (documentary)
Road to Memphis (One of the most thorough documentaries I've seen that explores how Martin Luther King's and James Earl Ray's paths crossed that fateful day in Memphis)
Hard Times at Douglass High (documentary)
Little Rock Central High School: 50 Years Later

Topics to Google and/or Research

"Black Wall Street"
"COINTELPRO"
"CIA" AND "Crack Epidemic"
"Convict Leasing"
"Post traumatic slave syndrome"
"Black housing and lending discrimination"
"The Tuskegee Experiment"
The origin of historically black colleges and universities
"Poll taxes and literacy tests"
"The Ku Klux Klan"
"Governor George Wallace"
"The Scottsboro Boys"
"The Little Rock Nine"
"The Norfolk Seventeen"
"Brown vs The Board of Education" and "Plessy vs. Ferguson"
"40 Acres and a Mule" (Not the Spike Lee production company from which the name comes from)
"Reparations for Japanese Americans"

Those sources only touch the tip of the iceberg, but they should at least give you some new perspective on the entire issue. It is important to truly understand the issue in its entirety to really have a thorough opinion on the reparations issue. There is still a lot of research I have to do myself, which a few of your questions in class pointed out.

Sorry for the long email. I'm a writing major, so I always feel more comfortable communicating this way. Thank you for your time, class, and I'll see you all next week!

Sincerely,

##### # ########

P.S. I want to apologize to ###### for my tone when addressing one of her questions. My emotions intervened, and I didn't want to sound like I dismissing her personal and ancestral struggles with discrimination. I truly appreciate her opinion and perspective, and I honestly admire her maturity and intellect at such a young age. Had I possessed her maturity at 18, I wouldn't be playing catchup to raise my GPA from my earliest semesters here at ODU. You young bucks were probably still in elementary school during that time. (I feel old now...)

#### ###### <####@odu.edu>
3/15/12

to me

This is ######. Unfortunately I wasn't able to make class this morning but I did hear about your topic and the great conversation/discourse that it provoked, which I think is great. With that said I wanted to pose a question to you, which is this...

Is it worse to enslave a population of people based on race or eradicate them based on race?

The reason I ask is because my heritage and racial background comes from that of Native American decent, specifically from the Monican tribe located in the mountains of Western Virginia. Furthermore, just to clarify, I'm not by any means advocating or dismissing the travesties occuring to those African Americans during the period of slavery and the pre-civial rights era. What I am saying though - just to put things in perspective - is look around and see how many African American you see everyday and then look around and ask yourself how many Native Americans you see. My point is this, YES bad things happened to African Americans as a result of ignorance and prejudice, however it's important to realize and acknowledge that the African American race was not the only race to suffer and in terms of sheer numbers they were not the worst to suffer. Please understand, as I said before I'm neither dismissing nor am I trying to minimize what happened to the African American race. What I am saying though is that much of our countries attention concerning civil rights, civil justice and racial equality some how always shifts primarily to that of the African American race, which be default either ignores or forgets about the injustices that happend and continue to happen to the Native American race. Additionally, when you really think about it ask yourself how you would feel if in today's time you were forced to live on a small track of land in a designated reservation with only people like yourself because your not being afforded the same opportunities as those who may be of another race.

Just something to think about.

In my opinion, I think it's all to easy to simply focus on ourselves and those who are defined by race as being like us but I think it's important to get more of a broad perspective and rather than narrowly pointing out the injustices and inequalities of one race, we should focus on the inequality and injustices that occurred to all races. It just seems to me that more might be accomplished in terms of justice and equality if rather then singling out the horrors and travesties that took place among one specific race, we instead focused on all races who endured hardships as a result of racial prejudice and inequality.

Thanks for presenting such a thought provoking topic and the email. Have a great day and I'll see you next Tuesday.

All The Best,

##### ########
NOTE: This message was trained as non-spam. If this is wrong, please correct the training as soon as possible.
Spam
Not spam
Forget previous vote

########@odu.edu>
3/15/12

to ######
One thing that irks me is when other minority groups try to compare their struggle and victimization to African-Americans. However, I make a huge exception to the Native American community because in my opinion, the atrocities they experienced are just as worse, if not more worse, than what African Americans experienced.

What the Native American experience equates to is basically having someone move into your house uninvited, kick you out, then proceed to move their own furniture in and live there for good:

"Here, I have this nice little apartment for you. I know it's small compared to the mansion I stole from you, but it's the best I can do. You can move back into your old house if you want, but understand that I'm in charge now."

My premise is, however, if other victimized minority groups were at least compensated somewhat for the wrongdoings done to them by the U.S. Government, why not African Americans? Nothing could ever be done to totally absolve everything, but it's a start.

#######odu.edu>
3/16/12

to me
I enjoyed your topic, I specially liked how you stuck to your guns when tempers began to flare. I really do hope that you'll get a high grade for speaking up for what you feel passionately about.\
 4 years ago '05        #167
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,884 | Props total: 8408 8408
 Bravo Golf said:
Although I've made a few long-winded posts myself, I'm not reading all of this LOL. I'm only responding because I saw my name and wanted to clear up some misconceptions you and others may have about me.

I took an advanced public speaking course a year ago. I had to do a persuasion speech that was worth like 30 percent of my grade. I'm one of only two black men in the entire class. You know what I did my speech on? Reparations.

By the way, it was a pro-reparations speech. As you can imagine, I had a lot of white classmates shaking their head at my speech. I even did a Q and A with them after the speech. My solutions for reparations was not a cash payment, but rather certain entitlements such as black community investments, free tuition for slave descendants, student loan forgiveness for slave descendants, etc. After class, I sent the entire class a mass email with all the sources I used for my speech so that none of them could debate the accuracy of what I was saying. In the speech, I spoke briefly about slavery and spent the majority of the speech speaking about the legacy of slavery: Jim Crow, white flight, convict leasing, housing discrimination, job discrimination, affirmative action, etc.

I'm probably more pro-black than you and the rest of you in here who want to paint me as an Uncle Tom. I teach for a living. I teach in a school that is 68 percent black and 76 percent poor. To me, education has always been the common denominator of those who are successful in this world, and the lack of education is the common denominator for those who are not. This goes beyond race, plain and simple.

So forgive me for wanting to hold my people accountable and value something that can never been taken away. Jordan's can get scuffed. Cars can be repossessed. Homes can be foreclosed. Clothes can shrink or get holes in them. An education, however, can never be taken away. It's all about priorities, my brother. Now stop shifting blame and help me help us take responsibility for our destiny.
the irony of that comment.
 4 years ago '12        #168
Bravo Golf 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
 StateProperty88 said:
the irony of that comment.
LOL That was the point.
 07-26-2013, 08:40 AM         #169
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bravo Golf said:
LOL That was the point.
You still don't get it do you? We are taking responsibility, and no one is shifiting blame, stop trying to harp down on the black people who are obviously never going to be sh*t in life, and start promoting those of us who are moving foward. For those who are moving foward the limit is the sky is it not? You keep talking about the black race as if that small percentage of imbecils represents the whole majority of our race, they do not at all.

SO what is there to do about the blacks moving foward who are still stalled out of the world? That's where the problem lies. And thats where white America is going to have to step up, you generalizing the whole race is the same game they are doing, which is why our race is looked at as criminals, and why you endorse it. The point is there are far more of us real black men and woman who are not trying to cater to either side of black dehuminization efforts or the white washed version of reality in which you preach. You idea that if blacks just try harder we can all overcome is nonsense......dude look at the world....they don't like us, they don't want us side by side with them, they want us underneath, and because they as a whole have the power to do that that is where we as a whole will remain. You bashing other blacks is not going to change that, us becoming more and more sucessful is not going to change that, you have to accept the reality of the world man. Its not right, its not conceeding its simiply understanding that we are not ever going really be in power. At least in regards to America, its not going to happen, its not our country to run or change......you also have to accept that no matter who is in charge blacks will continue to get the sh*tty end of the stick.

Your asking these kids who come from a world of severe bias and disingenuine equal opportunity efforts, to over look that and be some wack a.ss version of Bryan Gumbell, but its not for thier good, or their families....its so white America can stop feeling so threatned.......fu*k WHITE AMERICA.....at least those who feel that way....you keep asking us to change WHY THE fu*k DO WE NEED TO? We are not the racist ones in America, we are not trying to harm anyone, hold anyone back, k!ll anyone for the sake of being racist as*holes.....we are not doing any of this.....but you feel its us who needs to change? Dude wake up......your so apologetic for your skin color that you boldly accept racist behavior from whites that would be there REGARDLESS OF WHAT WE DO.........THEY DONT HATE US BECAUSE OF WHO WE ARE....they hate us simply because we exist....and they always will............hence there is no point in changing.....because even successful respectful blacks are targets......Tracy Martin lived in the same gated community as Zimmerman.....and his son was still treated like a street thug.......Wake up dude.

Last edited by Dos-effect; 07-26-2013 at 08:43 AM..
 4 years ago '12        #170
Bravo Golf 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
Double Post.

Last edited by Bravo Golf; 07-26-2013 at 11:19 AM..
 4 years ago '12        #171
Bravo Golf 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
I'm not denying the existence of racism or racial bias. I've experienced both during my lifetime. But to act like racism and racial biases are the sole barriers to achievement for blacks in the hood is ridiculous. Racism and racial biases play such a small role in these children's lives that it's virtually non-existent. Like I've said on here before, I used to recruit in the inner city, and now, I teach in the inner city. I've gotten to know this world intimately.

I was born in Newark, New Jersey, but was raised in rural Virginia. My mother decided to move me down to VA when I was five because she didn't want to raise me in that environment. Rural Virginia is notorious for its history of racism, yet my mother would rather raise me there than in the inner city. Why would that be?

I'll tell you why: It's a self-defeating environment. However, I believe that it is conditioning that can be overcome with the right mindsets, attitude, ideas, and values. You see, the people living here come from nothing. They inherited a world with very limited resources and even fewer economic opportunities. That's why some turned to drugs and drug dealing. For them, it was they only way of coping with their environment.

On the other hand, there exists a world outside of those environments, a world literally just feet away. For years, racial barriers prevented black inner city dwellers from venturing over to that world, but thanks to civil rights legislation, those barriers no longer exist. Now the quest is finding out how to make it in that world.

Well, to make it in that world, there are certain values that one must learn. The first is education. Most people who live in the cleaner, safer, more resourceful environments of suburbia typically are well-educated. So as a teacher, my job is to prepare the urban youth in my classroom by instilling that particular value into them.

Another value is personal responsibility and work ethic. Again, people in suburbia believe that a person's success is dependant upon how hard they are willing to work to achieve it. Of course, we can say that they are naive to ignore other factors, such as privilege and cultural/racial biases, that may help or hinder one's success. However, those instances are very minuscule. You yourself even admitted that the majority of blacks are doing well for themselves. So my question is, why can't the rest? I believe the rest can, and that's why I became a teacher to help the next generation maximize their potential.

What would be even better is that people begin to pool resources together to turn the inner city into a desirable community again. That is, unless people are comfortable with it remaining the slums.
 4 years ago '12        #172
Bravo Golf 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
Dos-Effect, I also wanted to ask you how has racism impacted your life personally?

What is something you wanted to do in life that racism itself prevented? How about family members of yours that are in the same generation as you.

This is a serious question.
 4 years ago '05        #173
space
space
 Bravo Golf said:
I'm not denying the existence of racism or racial bias. I've experienced both during my lifetime. But to act like racism and racial biases are the sole barriers to achievement for blacks in the hood is ridiculous. Racism and racial biases play such a small role in these children's lives that it's virtually non-existent. Like I've said on here before, I used to recruit in the inner city, and now, I teach in the inner city. I've gotten to know this world intimately.

I was born in Newark, New Jersey, but was raised in rural Virginia. My mother decided to move me down to VA when I was five because she didn't want to raise me in that environment. Rural Virginia is notorious for its history of racism, yet my mother would rather raise me there than in the inner city. Why would that be?

I'll tell you why: It's a self-defeating environment. However, I believe that it is conditioning that can be overcome with the right mindsets, attitude, ideas, and values. You see, the people living here come from nothing. They inherited a world with very limited resources and even fewer economic opportunities. That's why some turned to drugs and drug dealing. For them, it was they only way of coping with their environment.

On the other hand, there exists a world outside of those environments, a world literally just feet away. For years, racial barriers prevented black inner city dwellers from venturing over to that world, but thanks to civil rights legislation, those barriers no longer exist. Now the quest is finding out how to make it in that world.

Well, to make it in that world, there are certain values that one must learn. The first is education. Most people who live in the cleaner, safer, more resourceful environments of suburbia typically are well-educated. So as a teacher, my job is to prepare the urban youth in my classroom by instilling that particular value into them.

Another value is personal responsibility and work ethic. Again, people in suburbia believe that a person's success is dependant upon how hard they are willing to work to achieve it. Of course, we can say that they are naive to ignore other factors, such as privilege and cultural/racial biases, that may help or hinder one's success. However, those instances are very minuscule. You yourself even admitted that the majority of blacks are doing well for themselves. So my question is, why can't the rest? I believe the rest can, and that's why I became a teacher to help the next generation maximize their potential.

What would be even better is that people begin to pool resources together to turn the inner city into a desirable community again. That is, unless people are comfortable with it remaining the slums.
what resources are you referring to EXACTLY? because education is a resource, and they are closing schools and america's education level in general is continuing to drop compared to the rest of the world, and that is only magnified in the areas we are talking about

money is a resource, and that is continually being taking out of these places and given to these suburban areas that you speak so highly of in your post. these buildings in camden, newark, trenton, etc arent closed and abandoned for no reason. its because when local government is figuring out a budget, they completely neglect these areas and left to survive on their own resources which is WHAT exactly?

the unemployment disparity between college educated blacks and whites actually widened during these recent times, are we to blame for that? we have the same education, going for the same jobs and they are increasingly getting the positions more.

actually asian-americans can say the same thing, is it all their fault too, even though there is a bigger percentage of them that have higher education compared to whites?

i get this whole "accountability" thing, well i do but i dont. because accountability is a 2 way street. and its fine that you want to say that your people need to do better (at this point everyone in the fu*king country needs to do better) but you need to be saying the same for the people that are making an uneven playing field that you are aware of. thats the funniest thing to be. you know they are taking money from your people, taking jobs, and taking education...and ignore it. i know you are going to refute that point but you are.

you saying that education is a certain value you have to have (which i agree with). but over 100 schools are being closed between chicago, philly, and new york...well over 80 percent of the students affected by that are black. and even if you do get an education it is getting increasingly likely that a white person will get hired over your (regardless of what race you are)
 07-26-2013, 12:03 PM         #174
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bravo Golf said:
Dos-Effect, I also wanted to ask you how has racism impacted your life personally?

What is something you wanted to do in life that racism itself prevented? How about family members of yours that are in the same generation as you.

This is a serious question.
"My mother would rather raise me there than in the inner city. Why would that be?

I'll tell you why: It's a self-defeating environment."

Dude please stfu, you sound like a idiot........what prevents you from being taken seriously is your obvious bias in regards to your uppity a.ss beliefs about blacks and how we are destined to be these pre criminal based hoodlums who are wont succeed in life. You know nothing about life and that's really what makes your views on life a total crock of sh*t. You being one man can determine how a group that consist of a millions will grow up basedo on thier living enviroment. .........people live in the inner city because its where civilization resides at, perhaps if you did grow up there you wouldn't be stuck in this back wood hick mind frame. That more then likely was derrived from you mother who obviously had a stick up her a.ss, and the over bearing racial undertones you experienced in the country.

What makes it worse is now you believe that whites have finally over come there own racial demons( as it was just a phase ) and now they no longer harbor feelings in regards to racism and other ignorant ways of thinking. I bet unicorns sh*t chocalate peanuts in your world too. What I'm saying dude......is this country is more segregated then ever. A majority of whites do not choose to live in the inner city (its too "urban" for them, so they leave) and with them goes the lack to give a fu*k about all the people in the city as they often take their influence and funding with them. Which means that schools are now primarily funded where they live....roads and infastructure funds are also primarily mandated to those areas where whites live. And to keep blacks out they create zoning laws.....that pretty much garauntess that thier children will not have to go to school with "ghetto dwellers"........and you tried to priase this the other day.....like bruh your so fu*king corny dude......and you ask me how racism has affected me directly? Racism affects group through reason of prejudice, to ask an individual that question only further goes to show how disconnected you are from your own reality.

And finally people who come from the surburbs(which you tried so hard to tread around ) go to schools that ARE BETTER FUNDED which tends to provide a better form of education........it has nothing to do with blacks and thier want to achieve or not.....zoning laws REQUIRE THEM TO GO TO sh*tTY SCHOOLS...........I've seen instances where cities rezone school districts and will reclaim certain schools that are primarily schools that are attended by inner city students.....schools that are broke down with no repairs......what they do is send the kids to a different school often splitting the old school's population into other shools that become over crowded.....and they start "construction on the old school to revamp the schools image.....and then they allow surburban students to attend .......after they have re constructed it for the students.....after 15 years of doing nothing while black students attended..........KCMO school district Van Horn High School........and it happens tiem and time again........the city decides that all of a sudden an abadoned part of a city is the new hot spot.....so they start putting up apts, and stores and buisness parks...to make the neighborhood appealing......but instead of doing that for its patrons who have lived their for years......they do it for the new white patrons....and to get rid of the black patrons they raise the property tax and rent levels........so those who were staying there are now required to move.......its called regentirifcation.

But on the other hand blacks, hispanics, arabs, and whites all are able to live together in the inner city........but whites who are extremely white refuse to intergrate.....they did then and they do now......nothing has changed in that aspect......
 4 years ago '12        #175
Bravo Golf 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
 StateProperty88 said:
what resources are you referring to EXACTLY? because education is a resource, and they are closing schools and america's education level in general is continuing to drop compared to the rest of the world, and that is only magnified in the areas we are talking about

money is a resource, and that is continually being taking out of these places and given to these suburban areas that you speak so highly of in your post. these buildings in camden, newark, trenton, etc arent closed and abandoned for no reason. its because when local government is figuring out a budget, they completely neglect these areas and left to survive on their own resources which is WHAT exactly?

the unemployment disparity between college educated blacks and whites actually widened during these recent times, are we to blame for that? we have the same education, going for the same jobs and they are increasingly getting the positions more.

actually asian-americans can say the same thing, is it all their fault too, even though there is a bigger percentage of them that have higher education compared to whites?

i get this whole "accountability" thing, well i do but i dont. because accountability is a 2 way street. and its fine that you want to say that your people need to do better (at this point everyone in the fu*king country needs to do better) but you need to be saying the same for the people that are making an uneven playing field that you are aware of. thats the funniest thing to be. you know they are taking money from your people, taking jobs, and taking education...and ignore it. i know you are going to refute that point but you are.

you saying that education is a certain value you have to have (which i agree with). but over 100 schools are being closed between chicago, philly, and new york...well over 80 percent of the students affected by that are black. and even if you do get an education it is getting increasingly likely that a white person will get hired over your (regardless of what race you are)
You do realize it costs money to run schools, right? I hate the fact that education budgets are the first to get the axe whenever cuts need to be made. Why doesn't Al Sharpton and others speak out about that? To me, that's a bigger injustice than George Zimmerman.

Do you know how America was created?

I'm sure you know slavery's role in the creation of America. I'm also sure you know that America wasn't created for our (meaning black people) benefit. Slavery was an institution that the South intended to last through America's existence. However, it was abolished, and freed slaves were made American citizens.

Well, now we're at a crossroads. Do we freed slaves try to integrate ourselves into American society? Do we go back to Africa? Wait, none of us are from Africa. We're many generations removed from the original African slaves. If we go back to Africa, what exactly are we going back to? Family? We know no one over there. Opportunity? What skills do we have other than as laborers?

So I guess the consensus is that we freed slaves try to make a life for ourselves here in America since we're already here. Well, what does it take to make it in America? Having land helps. Having money helps. Having opportunity helps. Having education helps. In fact, education helps the most because it helps us both acquire and maintain the things we need survive here in America.

But wait, we're black. The whites won't let us go to their schools. They won't let us participate in government. They won't let us borrow money from banks to acquire land, homes, etc. I guess we have to build. We have to build our own and provide for ourselves.

And for a while, we did.

So why can't we, the modern day African-Americans, descendants of slaves, do what our ancestors did? You see, our ancestors knew they had to provide for themselves because no one else was going to help them. Here we are today, the modern day African-American, more privileged, more educated, more capable, more technologically savvy, yet we feel more helpless than our ancestors. Why is that?

Yet, when I say that we need to pull ourselves up by the bootstraps and come up with ways to improve our conditions, I'm lambasted by people on here and considered an Uncle Tom. I came from nothing, yet here I am accomplishing goals that I set for myself when I was younger. Why is that? Because I refuse to let anything get in my way, not even racism. By choosing not to harp on the things I can't change, I achieve because I focus my energy on the things I can change.

Last edited by Bravo Golf; 07-26-2013 at 01:15 PM..
 4 years ago '12        #176
Bravo Golf 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
 Dos-effect said:
"My mother would rather raise me there than in the inner city. Why would that be?

I'll tell you why: It's a self-defeating environment."

Dude please stfu, you sound like a idiot........what prevents you from being taken seriously is your obvious bias in regards to your uppity a.ss beliefs about blacks and how we are destined to be these pre criminal based hoodlums who are wont succeed in life. You know nothing about life and that's really what makes your views on life a total crock of sh*t. You being one man can determine how a group that consist of a millions will grow up basedo on thier living enviroment. .........people live in the inner city because its where civilization resides at, perhaps if you did grow up there you wouldn't be stuck in this back wood hick mind frame. That more then likely was derrived from you mother who obviously had a stick up her a.ss, and the over bearing racial undertones you experienced in the country.

What makes it worse is now you believe that whites have finally over come there own racial demons( as it was just a phase ) and now they no longer harbor feelings in regards to racism and other ignorant ways of thinking. I bet unicorns sh*t chocalate peanuts in your world too. What I'm saying dude......is this country is more segregated then ever. A majority of whites do not choose to live in the inner city (its too "urban" for them, so they leave) and with them goes the lack to give a fu*k about all the people in the city as they often take their influence and funding with them. Which means that schools are now primarily funded where they live....roads and infastructure funds are also primarily mandated to those areas where whites live. And to keep blacks out they create zoning laws.....that pretty much garauntess that thier children will not have to go to school with "ghetto dwellers"........and you tried to priase this the other day.....like bruh your so fu*king corny dude......and you ask me how racism has affected me directly? Racism affects group through reason of prejudice, to ask an individual that question only further goes to show how disconnected you are from your own reality.

And finally people who come from the surburbs(which you tried so hard to tread around ) go to schools that ARE BETTER FUNDED which tends to provide a better form of education........it has nothing to do with blacks and thier want to achieve or not.....zoning laws REQUIRE THEM TO GO TO sh*tTY SCHOOLS...........I've seen instances where cities rezone school districts and will reclaim certain schools that are primarily schools that are attended by inner city students.....schools that are broke down with no repairs......what they do is send the kids to a different school often splitting the old school's population into other shools that become over crowded.....and they start "construction on the old school to revamp the schools image.....and then they allow surburban students to attend .......after they have re constructed it for the students.....after 15 years of doing nothing while black students attended..........KCMO school district Van Horn High School........and it happens tiem and time again........the city decides that all of a sudden an abadoned part of a city is the new hot spot.....so they start putting up apts, and stores and buisness parks...to make the neighborhood appealing......but instead of doing that for its patrons who have lived their for years......they do it for the new white patrons....and to get rid of the black patrons they raise the property tax and rent levels........so those who were staying there are now required to move.......its called regentirifcation.

But on the other hand blacks, hispanics, arabs, and whites all are able to live together in the inner city........but whites who are extremely white refuse to intergrate.....they did then and they do now......nothing has changed in that aspect......
School is just a building. The reason why suburban schools are better is not because they look better; it because the students within those schools come from environments that value the education they are receiving. It is instilled in them by their parents; it's reinforced by the teachers. What's stopping the black communities from doing the same?

You're the lame one with an inferiority complex, looking for any excuse to not try and blaming whitey and racism. If that was the case, there would be no successful black people anywhere in America. Not in sports, not in entertainment, not in business, not in politics, not in higher education.

If racism is as widespread as you claim, then why do some make it and some don't? I come from a economically disadvantaged background. I didn't have my father around growing up, and my mother was a high school dropout. Yet, here I am, a military veteran, college-educated, married, and about to start a new career in a very noble profession, although not a well-paid one. Still, I'm about to be granted the opportunity to influence the next generation of African-American leaders, and I achieved that all in the same America you live in. Why is that?

It's because, unlike you, I'm through with the excuses. I'm out here doing me, taking advantage of the opportunities coming my way, and expanding my mind and my abilities daily so that I can take advantage of opportunities yet to come. It is because instilled in me were values, the same values instill in suburban kids. I didn't grow up in the burbs, though. I grew up in the sticks. The sticks has even less resources than the inner city. There were no sidewalks. It's too far to walk anywhere. You had to have a car where I live. It's the only way to get around because there is no public transportation. There are no parks or recreational things for the youth to do. There are no professional jobs. There are no big businesses here. No 4-year colleges. We have to move away to get opportunities. That created in us a resilience to want to succeed against all odds. And that's in addition to the Ku Klux Klan rallies that used to take place in the county next to mine growing up, the same county where my grandfather resided.

You have the nerve to call me an idiot because I don't agree with your point of view. I can guarantee I've overcame more, yet accomplished more than you with less. No idiot I know can do that.

By the way, it's gentrification, not regentrification. I'm still laughing at you calling me an idiot...

Last edited by Bravo Golf; 07-26-2013 at 12:57 PM..
 4 years ago '12        #177
Bravo Golf 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
Dos-Effect, another thing that k!lls me about you is your jump to conclusions regarding my upbringing or my mother, for instance.

You said my mother has a stick up her a.ss. LMAO. That's comical. I'll be sure to tell her that as we reminiscence on my childhood how she used to ground me for nine weeks at a time whenever I brought home a bad report card, or how she worked minimum wage jobs her whole life. I'll tell my mother about the stick up her a.ss when we reminiscence about her giving every adult she knew the authority to whoop me if I ever got out of line. I'll tell my mother about the stick up her a.ss the next time I visit her in her mobile home with her minivan parked outside, while she raises a 13-year-old daughter alone. I'll let her know about the stick up her a.ss when we reminiscence about how she couldn't afford to send me to college, so I had to join the military to pay for college, or how I didn't get to wear name brand shoes until I was 10. I'll tell my mother about the stick up her a.ss the next time a bill collector calls me looking for her.

And while I'm at it, I'll thank her for being a good mother and not allowing her mistakes to influence my outcome, for not making excuses for her shortcomings in life and for accepting the fact she made the choices that lead to her not having much in life. Once I was born, her focus was on ensuring I achieved what she couldn't achieve, and she's doing the same now for my little sister. You see, Dos-effect, my sister and I were not brought up being brainwashed into believing that racism will forever keep us down, that the economic situation we're born into is where we're doomed to stay. We know education is going be our ticket to opportunities, and our mother is making sure we take full advantage.

Last edited by Bravo Golf; 07-26-2013 at 01:21 PM..
 4 years ago '12        #178
Bravo Golf 11 heat pts11
space
space
space

[video - click to view]

4 years ago '05        #179
space
space
 Bravo Golf said:
You do realize it costs money to run schools, right? I hate the fact that education budgets are the first to get the axe whenever cuts need to be made. Why doesn't Al Sharpton and others speak out about that? To me, that's a bigger injustice than George Zimmerman.

Do you know how America was created?

I'm sure you know slavery's role in the creation of America. I'm also sure you know that America wasn't created for our (meaning black people) benefit. Slavery was an institution that the South intended to last through America's existence. However, it was abolished, and freed slaves were made American citizens.

Well, now we're at a crossroads. Do we freed slaves try to integrate ourselves into American society? Do we go back to Africa? Wait, none of us are from Africa. We're many generations removed from the original African slaves. If we go back to Africa, what exactly are we going back to? Family? We know no one over there. Opportunity? What skills do we have other than as laborers?

So I guess the consensus is that we freed slaves try to make a life for ourselves here in America since we're already here. Well, what does it take to make it in America? Having land helps. Having money helps. Having opportunity helps. Having education helps. In fact, education helps the most because it helps us both acquire and maintain the things we need survive here in America.

But wait, we're black. The whites won't let us go to their schools. They won't let us participate in government. They won't let us borrow money from banks to acquire land, homes, etc. I guess we have to build. We have to build our own and provide for ourselves.

And for a while, we did.

So why can't we, the modern day African-Americans, descendants of slaves, do what our ancestors did? You see, our ancestors knew they had to provide for themselves because no one else was going to help them. Here we are today, the modern day African-American, more privileged, more educated, more capable, more technologically savvy, yet we feel more helpless than our ancestors. Why is that?

Yet, when I say that we need to pull ourselves up by the bootstraps and come up with ways to improve our conditions, I'm lambasted by people on here and considered an Uncle Tom. I came from nothing, yet here I am accomplishing goals that I set for myself when I was younger. Why is that? Because I refuse to let anything get in my way, not even racism. By choosing not to harp on the things I can't change, I achieve because I focus my energy on the things I can change.
so it cost money to run schools but it doesnt cost money to build sh*t? i find this post completely hilarious as well as the video proceeding it a few post down

and i think we need to get one thing clear. until you refute what has been said about the education system, the economic system, and furthermore you call them FACTS, instead of complaining, not taking responsibility, and whatever other way you want to mitigate your own people. and that includes the video that you posted

you say you value education, they are taking education from your youth, so you want to talk about freed slaves. you need to stop trying to be philosophical it has no place here and its blinding you to the current times and the habitat that your students ACTUALLY experience.

for god sake you are talking about building sh*t in the same breath with saying these areas dont even have money to fund their school, do you even know what goes into making a building in 2013? with no money? in an area that they are taking money from? and being in an area that most likely will make you no money, one of the biggest reasons businesses left to begin with? i just cant find your angle what so ever, and im sure this will be the part where you'll say "whites have your mind imprisoned to think we cant build sh*t". and i would laugh at you and then just move to the next subject agree to disagree

and not for nothing but the part that i bolded...the thing is that there are people that FOUGHT for us to be in the same schools, that FOUGHT for us to be a part of the government. and you have to understand...this is the world that we live in NOW. this is why i said earlier this is a governmental issue more than race.
 07-26-2013, 02:37 PM         #180
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bravo Golf said:
School is just a building. The reason why suburban schools are better is not because they look better; it because the students within those schools come from environments that value the education they are receiving. It is instilled in them by their parents; it's reinforced by the teachers. What's stopping the black communities from doing the same?

You're the lame one with an inferiority complex, looking for any excuse to not try and blaming whitey and racism. If that was the case, there would be no successful black people anywhere in America. Not in sports, not in entertainment, not in business, not in politics, not in higher education.

If racism is as widespread as you claim, then why do some make it and some don't? I come from a economically disadvantaged background. I didn't have my father around growing up, and my mother was a high school dropout. Yet, here I am, a military veteran, college-educated, married, and about to start a new career in a very noble profession, although not a well-paid one. Still, I'm about to be granted the opportunity to influence the next generation of African-American leaders, and I achieved that all in the same America you live in. Why is that?

It's because, unlike you, I'm through with the excuses. I'm out here doing me, taking advantage of the opportunities coming my way, and expanding my mind and my abilities daily so that I can take advantage of opportunities yet to come. It is because instilled in me were values, the same values instill in suburban kids. I didn't grow up in the burbs, though. I grew up in the sticks. The sticks has even less resources than the inner city. There were no sidewalks. It's too far to walk anywhere. You had to have a car where I live. It's the only way to get around because there is no public transportation. There are no parks or recreational things for the youth to do. There are no professional jobs. There are no big businesses here. No 4-year colleges. We have to move away to get opportunities. That created in us a resilience to want to succeed against all odds. And that's in addition to the Ku Klux Klan rallies that used to take place in the county next to mine growing up, the same county where my grandfather resided.

You have the nerve to call me an idiot because I don't agree with your point of view. I can guarantee I've overcame more, yet accomplished more than you with less. No idiot I know can do that.

By the way, it's gentrification, not regentrification. I'm still laughing at you calling me an idiot...
Your post are getting dumber and dumber, the problem is you obvious have no fu*king idea what the actual word or definition means. Its not black and white like you make......no one said we are living in the days of black laws....times have change, but the more they change the more they stay the same, you want to know why blacks are consistently on the low level of the totem pole, its because that's where they need us to be.....Capitolism requires both RICH AND POOR.....with out the poor then can be no rich. which is why the country is do diporportinatly poor for minorities and rich for whites......the aspect of us being poor is due to several things partially on SOME of us but mostly due to certain guideliens and procedures put in placed ages ago to prohibit blacks from the same opportunity of whites.....its not to strictly prohibit anyone from succeeding but only to make it harder.

And this is just part of the problem, but I am tired of going back and forth with you weirdo. Your too apologetic for the bullsh*t that whites do, but turn right around and demand more of blacks

Both sides need to improve on the situation, but just like so many of you Oreo n*ggas all you see the black man failing to be the white man's flunkie......Im not looking to sh*t on whites or expecting anything from them, its all about a realistic approach and resolution....and what you fail to realize is even with success in this country whites are still looking at blacks the same way.....so why are you endorsing this united country when clearly no one wants to be united......if they did it would have happen in the last 50 years.....yes we are MORE TOLERABLE.....but we are not united......and only a fu*king idiot would insist so......you need to grow up and do you....stop worrying about what so many blacks are doing......because your obviously not applying this same attention to those in America who are really in the position to make or break the lives of black Americans AS A WHOLE regardless of the individual rate of success or failure.
Home         

most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
82 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
79 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
85 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Hugh Jackman Clarifies Disney-Fox Merger & Wolverine Joining the Avenge..
25 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
278 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
95 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy