Jul 22 - Bill O’Reilly Epic Talking Points Memo On Problems Within Black Communities & Race Hustlers

most viewed right now
 Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
146 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 NBA Lonzo Ball still disrespecting Nas
43 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
35 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 OT Auburn banned Corey Myers for smashing his players
9 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '05        #101
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,873 | Props total: 8394 8394
 TheMindOf said:
n*ggas in here talking about bad schools and no reparations and sh*t

Be honest. It's not about ANY of that sh*t. It's about the ways of thinking and lack of values that are perpetuated within the black community. n*ggas are their own worst enemies.

I wish they would give n*ggas reparations. Maybe 10k each. Just as a social experiment. To see what it would be spent on. What steps they would take with the money to better situations.

Im sure it would all be spent on diversifying their stock portfolios, and not on rims and unnecessary designer bullsh*t.

I wish they would put the best schools in the hood. Because the best schools would change the bigger underlying issue. That black folks don't value education like they should.

What good is the best school being in the hood, if most people there have the mentality that they don't need it. Or that education will make them a "lame" or "not a real n*gga"

Anybody who went to a black high school (like myself) knows that the people who valued education least were the Black American kids. They always the first one calling somebody a "nerd" or "geek" or "lame" for doing well in school. Because "real n*ggas don't read no books"

Too much glorifying of Black athletes, entertainers, and rappers in the black community. Not enough glorifying or black doctors, lawyers, scientists.

Thats why every young n*ggas wanna be a "Rapper" or "Ball player" once Pre-Algebra gets a little challenging.
this post if fu*king hilarious now people think they can speak for a whole race on this regard.

so you basically are saying you know there are bad schools in this area and wonder why the students are bad? you EVER consider their reason to precieve school the way they do is partially (i feel as though i need to emphasize "partially") due to the fact that the schools they're in dont provide much? mentality doesnt come out of nowhere it is developed...

i love how you so gracefully grazed over my post about school closing and missed one thing that i mentioned. along with the school closing over 3500 people were LAID OFF, with more coming. and only 1000 of that number (at the most) comprise of teachers and counselors.

so who makes up the other 2500+. those cafeteria workers, janitors, aides, etc. people that were barely making ends meet to begin with (and maybe some of them already on their 2nd chance), and now they have nothing, and they have to survive, in philidelphia...what do you suggest?

and to piggyback off what dcashalston said earlier, this isnt really about race, its more about the government. i get that you want your people to be accountable and strive to be the best they can be (and i fully concur with that sentiment). However, in the places that need it the most, we give the least help

we cant KNOW that they are stripping education away, stripping jobs away, taking money out of the area. we cant know that and act like its likely for people to succeed in that environment as a WHOLE, you have exceptions, but thats what they are, exceptions. (sorry for being long-winded)
 4 years ago '13        #102
Thetinman 24 heat pts24
space
space
$2,758 | Props total: 49 49
 TheMindOf said:

Be honest. It's not about ANY of that sh*t. It's about the ways of thinking and lack of values that are perpetuated within the black community. n*ggas are their own worst enemies.

I wish they would give n*ggas reparations. Maybe 10k each. Just as a social experiment. To see what it would be spent on. What steps they would take with the money to better situations.

Im sure it would all be spent on diversifying their stock portfolios, and not on rims and unnecessary designer bullsh*t.

I wish they would put the best schools in the hood. Because the best schools would change the bigger underlying issue. That black folks don't value education like they should.

What good is the best school being in the hood, if most people there have the mentality that they don't need it. Or that education will make them a "lame" or "not a real n*gga"

Anybody who went to a black high school (like myself) knows that the people who valued education least were the Black American kids. They always the first one calling somebody a "nerd" or "geek" or "lame" for doing well in school. Because "real n*ggas don't read no books"

Too much glorifying of Black athletes, entertainers, and rappers in the black community. Not enough glorifying or black doctors, lawyers, scientists.

Thats why every young n*ggas wanna be a "Rapper" or "Ball player" once Pre-Algebra gets a little challenging.

[video - click to view]

Stop with the stereotypes bro... you got kids all over this nation right now f!ghting for the things you say they don't want or don't take seriously.

What black doctors, lawyers, scientists? They don't see none of that where they are from... If you knew anything about kids most of them cling to things that seem more like a possibility of them doing. Sports, entertainment ect.

There isn't enough investments in these areas in places like education to even begin to spark brains, and inspire. Education is the key to almost everything street smarts or book smarts. everyone chooses they're own path, but for most kids in these areas the path is already chosen for them.

They don't have a choice in the beginning bc lack of things like head start or even the righ foods to eat. they go for whats feels like and seems like the norm for them. It's all about catching it at an early age and having the resources to be able to showcase these things in the right way.

like I said earlier you can value a education that doesn't have any value in the first place. Sad part is if you graduate at the least ur going to be three to four grades behind ur fellow classmates in collage. and white America can't demand we hold ourselves accountable w/o admitting to there role in this as well that's like me sitting in a car you get behind the car push and ram another car and blame me bc I was in the car, but ur the one who pushed it... smh and this is why thing will never get solved...

Love
 4 years ago '04        #103
KidKingGoD 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,089 | Props total: 614 614
Bill O' reilly spoke his peace.
 07-23-2013, 06:41 PM         #104
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheMindOf said:

[video - click to view]

And your glorifying ignorance with your bullsh*t statements.

The numbers in question from the Justice Policy Institute report come from the Bureau of Justice Statistics and the National Center for Education Statistics. The report indicates that there were an estimated 791,600 black men in jail and prison in 2000 and a count of 603,032 in college in 1999. Mr. Morton agrees with the jail and prison number but a.sserts in his blog that the more reliable U.S. Census Bureau reports that there were 816,000 black men in college in 2000. In the film, he makes comparisons using the same data sources for 2005 and states this number to be 864,000. Furthermore, he argues that it is bad practice to use the entire age range of black males when making these comparisons, because the age range for college-going males is generally 18 to 24, not the 18 to 55 (and up) range of the jail and prison population. Viewed this way, the ratio of black men in college compared with jail and prison is 4-to-1.

This means more black youths are aiming for a higher education( not to be on the block selling drugs) your problem is you have convinced yourself that Black Americans are all some product of a rap video. Or that all black Americans aspire to be flashy idiots based on the a handful or so that you have come into contact with in your life. You can acknowledge the Young Jeezy's and the 2 Chains, but you don't recognize the Cornell West and the Obamas in our society. What you say may have some truth to it, but are you really that fu*king retarded that you believe that every black American male and women aspire to be hood rats?

Its clear you can speak on your belief system in regards to how black Americans are portrayed, but you speak nothing on the realities of the black race. The fact that there are more blacks out here DOING THE RIGHT THING IN LIFE then relying on welfare to feed their families. There are more black Americans out here who have chosen to have careers in the work field over a career in prison. You have black men out here who used a talent of poetry to propel themselves into the business world who are now not only respected musicians but respected business minds. Who if not for rap music would never had got the chance to use that intelligence in this world. The same with athletes. You don't speak on the potential of any black Americans.......But this is also funny......the Black Americans who have come from these poorer neighborhoods who had nothing, who had to resort to selling drugs to make money to feed themselves and or their siblings who are now multi millionaires because their elders had sense enough to create a powerful new artform that was undeniable. These people are living to higher standards not because they were anti hard work(cause it took plenty of hard work to get them there) but because they were allowed the opportunity to use the brain they were blessed with to not just make music but to make money.

You think your the only one out here that made something with their life? Out of the high school you went to do you honestly think your the only who aspired to want more? Your a foolish man with foolish pride, and your hatred will do nothing but leave you with nothing in the long run. How the fu*k can you hate something that is you? How can you even attempt to open your lips and speak on another black mans inhibition to be nothing when your a black man yourself. Didn't you say you made it to be something, aren't you black.........so how the fu*k can every black man be this porch monkey n*gga your talking about.....Your not right? That's how fu*king stupid you are dude. So what the black race is not perfect.......We have a high crime rate, but we also have the highest amount of successful black Americans living in this country now then in America's entire history. We also have a promising future of young black Americans who are going to school and edging up on America's corporate world in hopes to infiltrate and become their own captains of business, but we can't do it alone. At some point in time America has to give these kids a chance......but they wont, and that is primarily because of people like you who preach this hopeless attitude about our children and ourselves.

Your a fu*king sell out dude. You do nothing to promote the betterment of your own people and would rather walk around with your nose up whiteys a.ss then admit to the fact that blacks are trying to better our race, but its to the fault of white America that our efforts continue to get stalled out because of higher forces who would rather see our people in jail and on welfare then infiltrating their system of white superiority. You can deny this all you want........but when you can let Bill Oriely call Al Sharpton a race hustler.........when Oriely works for one of the most race baiting news channels in the history of the world and not feel at all hypocritical about it then you've clearly lost your way in life, and need to help everyone in the world who knows of you out.....by k!lling your fu*king self.........you self loathing piece of sh*t.........
 4 years ago '05        #105
Gm0ney85 9 heat pts
space
space
$13,723 | Props total: 2177 2177
muh fu*kas want to act like there aint a fukin lingerin effect from all the inequalities of this country huh... like all of a sudden all the disadvantages have just disappeared and people aint left underprivileged because of not only knowledge being with held in our school system but also mis construed to tell us lies?? .. ...

like the country aint been fu*kin brainwashed since day fkin 1... n*gga fu*k a bill o'rielly and anybody that believes this idiodic middle american way of thinking..

if anything this sh*t is perpetuating the stereotypes.. keeping people in that exact frame of mind.. fu*kin manipulating people ideas of what people are in various cultures so when they see black people they first thought is always about some dumb sh*t... and over time its not just non-blacks that believe it, but black as well start to fall for the hype and then accept they destruction..... c'mon son all the sh*t he mentions happens in all communities...
 4 years ago '13        #106
Thetinman 24 heat pts24
space
space
$2,758 | Props total: 49 49
If anything happens don't blame me, white America... fu*k BILL O'REILLY
 4 years ago '12        #107
Bravo Golf 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$4,451 | Props total: 3005 3005
 DEDOS said:
73% of kids without a father? i mean does anybody even fact check this dudes #'s

that # sounds crazy
Believe it or not, those numbers are actually accurate. I did the research myself a few years ago.
 07-23-2013, 07:19 PM         #108
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bravo Golf said:
Believe it or not, those numbers are actually accurate. I did the research myself a few years ago.
Sure you did sh*t lump..........

Did you by chance bother to do the numbers on the growing epidemic of fatherless homes in America.....or were you compelled to just focus on the black families only?
 4 years ago '06        #109
twindeserteagle 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,045 | Props total: 217 217
on some real sh*t I hate bill as much as anyone but that sh*t was 1 billion% true
 4 years ago '11        #110
panamaican 
space
space
space
$935 | Props total: 1295 1295
 Dos-effect said:
Sure you did sh*t lump..........

Did you by chance bother to do the numbers on the growing epidemic of fatherless homes in America.....or were you compelled to just focus on the black families only?
Does it matter? If the number is accurate on black families then why do we care what it is in other people's communities? That's part of the problem. Someone points out that black kids are born fatherless and the knee jerk response is "What about those guys? Aren't they bad too?" Who gives a fu*k about Asian and White family dynamics, they've got theirs. Let's focus on getting ours and that means taking blame when appropriate.

And for the record, we far outpace every other group. White people are only at 29%.

4 years ago '12        #111
Bravo Golf 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
Whenever I discuss topics such as race in America, I look at it from what many consider the ideal environment for a child to be born in.

A child is born.
Both of his parents are married ... to each other.
They own their own home.
They both are educated, formally and informally.
They both have financial stability, meaning they aren't living from paycheck to paycheck.
They live in a safe neighborhood.
The child grows up in a loving family where both mommy and daddy have the time and resources to cater to his every need.
He is taught positive values such as work ethic, honesty, respect, free thought, leadership, humbleness, ambition, etc.
The child goes to a school where every student in his class values education as much as he does.
His teachers are passionate about what they do and give their all to ensure every student learns.
The child grows up, goes to college, graduates, finds a job, gets married, has kids of his own and repeats the cycle.

Now contrast that with the reality that most inner city kids are born into...
 4 years ago '12        #112
Bravo Golf 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
For generations, African Americans were denied an opportunity to pursue the lifestyle I mentioned in my previous post. However, that begin to change thanks to the Civil Rights Movement. Today, we have more opportunities than any previous generation of African-Americans in this country's history, but instead of collectively trying to take advantage of these opportunities, we continue to point to legacies of the past as our reason for not obtaining that ideal "American Dream."

Dr. King advocated a society where we are judged by the content of our character and not by the color of our skin. Believe it or not, we are closer to that society than most people a.ssume. Unfortunately, they still are in the habit of getting race confused with culture. When people criticize African Americans, it's not the skin color their criticizing but the culture. For those who do not know, culture is a reflection of character, not skin color.

Last edited by Bravo Golf; 07-23-2013 at 07:43 PM..
 4 years ago '12        #113
Bravo Golf 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
 Dos-effect said:

The numbers in question from the Justice Policy Institute report come from the Bureau of Justice Statistics and the National Center for Education Statistics. The report indicates that there were an estimated 791,600 black men in jail and prison in 2000 and a count of 603,032 in college in 1999. Mr. Morton agrees with the jail and prison number but a.sserts in his blog that the more reliable U.S. Census Bureau reports that there were 816,000 black men in college in 2000. In the film, he makes comparisons using the same data sources for 2005 and states this number to be 864,000. Furthermore, he argues that it is bad practice to use the entire age range of black males when making these comparisons, because the age range for college-going males is generally 18 to 24, not the 18 to 55 (and up) range of the jail and prison population. Viewed this way, the ratio of black men in college compared with jail and prison is 4-to-1.

This means more black youths are aiming for a higher education( not to be on the block selling drugs) your problem is you have convinced yourself that Black Americans are all some product of a rap video. Or that all black Americans aspire to be flashy idiots based on the a handful or so that you have come into contact with in your life. You can acknowledge the Young Jeezy's and the 2 Chains, but you don't recognize the Cornell West and the Obamas in our society. What you say may have some truth to it, but are you really that fu*king retarded that you believe that every black American male and women aspire to be hood rats?

Its clear you can speak on your belief system in regards to how black Americans are portrayed, but you speak nothing on the realities of the black race. The fact that there are more blacks out here DOING THE RIGHT THING IN LIFE then relying on welfare to feed their families. There are more black Americans out here who have chosen to have careers in the work field over a career in prison. You have black men out here who used a talent of poetry to propel themselves into the business world who are now not only respected musicians but respected business minds. Who if not for rap music would never had got the chance to use that intelligence in this world. The same with athletes. You don't speak on the potential of any black Americans.......But this is also funny......the Black Americans who have come from these poorer neighborhoods who had nothing, who had to resort to selling drugs to make money to feed themselves and or their siblings who are now multi millionaires because their elders had sense enough to create a powerful new artform that was undeniable. These people are living to higher standards not because they were anti hard work(cause it took plenty of hard work to get them there) but because they were allowed the opportunity to use the brain they were blessed with to not just make music but to make money.

You think your the only one out here that made something with their life? Out of the high school you went to do you honestly think your the only who aspired to want more? Your a foolish man with foolish pride, and your hatred will do nothing but leave you with nothing in the long run. How the fu*k can you hate something that is you? How can you even attempt to open your lips and speak on another black mans inhibition to be nothing when your a black man yourself. Didn't you say you made it to be something, aren't you black.........so how the fu*k can every black man be this porch monkey n*gga your talking about.....Your not right? That's how fu*king stupid you are dude. So what the black race is not perfect.......We have a high crime rate, but we also have the highest amount of successful black Americans living in this country now then in America's entire history. We also have a promising future of young black Americans who are going to school and edging up on America's corporate world in hopes to infiltrate and become their own captains of business, but we can't do it alone. At some point in time America has to give these kids a chance......but they wont, and that is primarily because of people like you who preach this hopeless attitude about our children and ourselves.

Your a fu*king sell out dude. You do nothing to promote the betterment of your own people and would rather walk around with your nose up whiteys a.ss then admit to the fact that blacks are trying to better our race, but its to the fault of white America that our efforts continue to get stalled out because of higher forces who would rather see our people in jail and on welfare then infiltrating their system of white superiority. You can deny this all you want........but when you can let Bill Oriely call Al Sharpton a race hustler.........when Oriely works for one of the most race baiting news channels in the history of the world and not feel at all hypocritical about it then you've clearly lost your way in life, and need to help everyone in the world who knows of you out.....by k!lling your fu*king self.........you self loathing piece of sh*t.........
First of all, I appreciate your passion and willingness to discuss this topic. This is a very divisive manner.

However, with your passion, your post comes off as more angry than enlightening, and that's one of the talking points Bill O'Reilly was referring to. There is resentment within certain pockets of the African-American community, and rightfully so ... if you are an African-American who grew up during Jim Crow. If not, then your anger shouldn't be against the white man as he's did nothing to you personally.

I'm a.ssuming that like me, you were born in the 1980's or possibly the 1990's. In either case, you were afforded the same luxury as me, and that was being able to go to school and being able to get a job, privileges denied to our grandparents' generation.

The thing about life in America is that there are no free rides, and there are no guarantees. However, we must still give maximum effort to better ourselves each and every day so that we are prepared to take advantage of opportunities should they arise. As the saying goes, success is when preparation meets opportunity. What brother TheMindof, others, and I speak of when we discuss our disgust with the lack of effort we've seen in some of our black peers growing up is that our peers had the same opportunities that we did. We decided to take advantage; they didn't. Yet, we're considered sellouts and Uncle Toms because we did the logical thing?

Lil Wayne himself said that school was easy. The teacher gives you the answers; you just have to pay attention. But there are some of us who makes things harder than it has to be. Yes, I know some of us have challenging home situations and come from environments that may not value education. However, it is still our personal responsibility to recognize that anyone can benefit from a good education regardless of what their career ambitions are. All I'm asking is that we as a community to start valuing things like that and show that we take ourselves seriously first. How can we expect others to take us seriously if we aren't showing a widespread effort to do the same?

Last edited by Bravo Golf; 07-23-2013 at 08:30 PM..
 4 years ago '12        #114
Bravo Golf 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
"Do you know that Negroes are 10 percent of the population of St. Louis and are responsible for 58% of its crimes? We've got to face that. And we've got to do something about our moral standards. We know that there are many things wrong in the white world, but there are many things wrong in the black world, too. We can't keep on blaming the white man. There are things we must do for ourselves." -- Martin Luther King, Jr., 1961
 07-23-2013, 07:59 PM         #115
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bravo Golf said:
Whenever I discuss topics such as race in America, I look at it from what many consider the ideal environment for a child to be born in.

A child is born.
Both of his parents are married ... to each other.
They own their own home.
They both are educated, formally and informally.
They both have financial stability, meaning they aren't living from paycheck to paycheck.
They live in a safe neighborhood.
The child grows up in a loving family where both mommy and daddy have the time and resources to cater to his every need.
He is taught positive values such as work ethic, honesty, respect, free thought, leadership, humbleness, ambition, etc.
The child goes to a school where every student in his class values education as much as he does.
His teachers are passionate about what they do and give their all to ensure every student learns.
The child goes up, goes to college, graduates, finds a job, gets married, has kids of his own and repeats the cycle.

Now contrast that with the reality that most inner city kids are born into...
Teen pregnancy is the leading cause to most of the worlds exiting population.

Studies have shown that most teens and young adults feel the institution of marriage is old fashion and do cater to the idea that having kids automatically means marriage.

Education has absolutely nothing to do with child rearing, as most first time parents know nothing about raising kids.

What is considered a safe neighborhood? A neighborhood that doesn't have gun shot victims can also have child molesters, meth labs, domestic abuse, bullying, amongst other things that could affect the lives of children.

You don't cater to a child's every need, that is how they how they become spoiled which leads to naive and unrealistic ideas in regards to life, things cause and effect and consequence......these are people who often have problems connecting the dots later in life and get stuck on rhetorical nonsense such as fanatical beliefs about society that are completely disconnected from reality..........food for thought.........and love is most times is a given.......

You can not teach work ethic, honesty, respect, free thought, leadership, humbleness....this comes from who the person is and always has been....plenty Wallstreet employees come from backgrounds like what you describing above, and they are some of the most ruthless, backstabbing sons of bi*ches you would ever want to meet.

Please, school is school, again this come down to the individual, some kids will thrive other will not, this applies to almost any situation in life, when your at work don't you care about the quality of the dollar you make just as much as everyone else, but there will be some who thrive at what you do........and others who will survive but not necessarily excel.......that's just life........

Again down to the individual if a teacher has it in them to want to teach then will do all they have to to be the goat......and these types are teachers are within our school systems all over America.....as well as Teachers who are just there for the job and who could care less about actually reaching their students.

Nothing wrong with this, with the exception of life is not a story book. Sure there are some households like this across America.....but for the greater majority of America....this description of what is needed to create the perfect child holds no merit. Parents get divorced, kids drop out, some become addicts, others become leaders of enterprise later in life....in life you don't get to choose your cards, rich kids may be rich but their parents are so busy making money that they don't have time for them. Poor kids may be so broke that thier parents have to work around the clock just to make ends meat. My point is your description of how to make the perfect child is complete bullsh*t. It lacks imagination but more importantly it lacks reality.......this is how I can tell your young as sh*t. Because only a sheltered minded child could honestly believe this perfected idea of life is a one size fits all solution. Like your kid can't become a Junkie.......please......
 4 years ago '10        #116
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 Thetinman said:

Stop with the stereotypes bro... you got kids all over this nation right now f!ghting for the things you say they don't want or don't take seriously.

What black doctors, lawyers, scientists? They don't see none of that where they are from... If you knew anything about kids most of them cling to things that seem more like a possibility of them doing. Sports, entertainment ect.

There isn't enough investments in these areas in places like education to even begin to spark brains, and inspire. Education is the key to almost everything street smarts or book smarts. everyone chooses they're own path, but for most kids in these areas the path is already chosen for them.

They don't have a choice in the beginning bc lack of things like head start or even the righ foods to eat. they go for whats feels like and seems like the norm for them. It's all about catching it at an early age and having the resources to be able to showcase these things in the right way.

like I said earlier you can value a education that doesn't have any value in the first place. Sad part is if you graduate at the least ur going to be three to four grades behind ur fellow classmates in collage. and white America can't demand we hold ourselves accountable w/o admitting to there role in this as well that's like me sitting in a car you get behind the car push and ram another car and blame me bc I was in the car, but ur the one who pushed it... smh and this is why thing will never get solved...

Love
Believe me. I see a kid like the one in that video, and I'm over here like

[pic - click to view]

Sad truth about it though is that for every one kid like that, theres a whole WorldStarHipHop page site full of n*ggas fu*king sh*t up for him. Making his life harder.

Should be the other way around.
 4 years ago '10        #117
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
 Dos-effect said:

Was agreeing to disagree with you and seeing your opinion for what it is for most of this post till I got to the end and it just became the blame game again

There's a reason other minorities don't sympathize with that blame game/victim sh*t.

Most of us are of countries where circumstances are way harder than anything we hear Black people complain about.

Come here from a country that looks like this

[pic - click to view]

To hear some n*ggas in this country complaining about some "white people this and that" bullsh*t. That sh*t is off putting to us.

So what you gotta work a little harder to succeed here. ALL minorities do. Just that some are willing to suck it up and put in the work. "Some people" wannna sit around, point fingers and wait for somebody to "do something" for them.

Africans come here and gotta work 2 times as hard as black folks cuz we already got strikes against us. White people dont like immigrants, they dont like people from different cultures, they dont like people who dont look like them.

We deal with MORE sh*t than Black Americans and still are able to do what we gotta do to survive and make it in this country.

African kids be in all the same sh*t schools as black kids, somehow they end up getting scholarships and going to college. Meanwhile the black kids falling by the waste side. Getting pregnant, dropping out and sh*t.

White people dont like US or YOU. But how one group of us able to succeed consistently in this country and the other group feels like they cant (and wanna blame everyone else)?

sh*t dont make no sense. Even Mexicans be jumping over the fence, making good lives for themselves in this country
 4 years ago '12        #118
Bravo Golf 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
 Dos-effect said:
Teen pregnancy is the leading cause to most of the worlds exiting population.

Studies have shown that most teens and young adults feel the institution of marriage is old fashion and do cater to the idea that having kids automatically means marriage.

Education has absolutely nothing to do with child rearing, as most first time parents know nothing about raising kids.

What is considered a safe neighborhood? A neighborhood that doesn't have gun shot victims can also have child molesters, meth labs, domestic abuse, bullying, amongst other things that could affect the lives of children.

You don't cater to a child's every need, that is how they how they become spoiled which leads to naive and unrealistic ideas in regards to life, things cause and effect and consequence......these are people who often have problems connecting the dots later in life and get stuck on rhetorical nonsense such as fanatical beliefs about society that are completely disconnected from reality..........food for thought.........and love is most times is a given.......

You can not teach work ethic, honesty, respect, free thought, leadership, humbleness....this comes from who the person is and always has been....plenty Wallstreet employees come from backgrounds like what you describing above, and they are some of the most ruthless, backstabbing sons of bi*ches you would ever want to meet.

Please, school is school, again this come down to the individual, some kids will thrive other will not, this applies to almost any situation in life, when your at work don't you care about the quality of the dollar you make just as much as everyone else, but there will be some who thrive at what you do........and others who will survive but not necessarily excel.......that's just life........

Again down to the individual if a teacher has it in them to want to teach then will do all they have to to be the goat......and these types are teachers are within our school systems all over America.....as well as Teachers who are just there for the job and who could care less about actually reaching their students.

Nothing wrong with this, with the exception of life is not a story book. Sure there are some households like this across America.....but for the greater majority of America....this description of what is needed to create the perfect child holds no merit. Parents get divorced, kids drop out, some become addicts, others become leaders of enterprise later in life....in life you don't get to choose your cards, rich kids may be rich but their parents are so busy making money that they don't have time for them. Poor kids may be so broke that thier parents have to work around the clock just to make ends meat. My point is your description of how to make the perfect child is complete bullsh*t. It lacks imagination but more importantly it lacks reality.......this is how I can tell your young as sh*t. Because only a sheltered minded child could honestly believe this perfected idea of life is a one size fits all solution. Like your kid can't become a Junkie.......please......
The key word in my post you quoted is "ideal," meaning perfect, meaning most likely would never happen under any circumstance, but it's okay to dream as if it were a possibility. Most people who aspire to live a middle class lifestyle as an adult dream of fulfilling the lifestyle I mentioned in that particular post.

Of course, there is a negative side to every lifestyle; that's not the point. The point is to contrast what the typical person strives to, the reason why school is pushed so heavily, the reason why a life of crime, drugs, and alcohol abused is discouraged. It's because those things almost automatically eliminate any chance of achieving the things I mentioned.

The problem I see with kids in the inner city -- and I've seen a lot, both as a recruiter and now as an school teacher in an urban school district -- is that a lot of them don't believe they can rise above their environment. If they do make it out, it's only through one of three ways. And you may think that young black males wanting to be a baller or a rapper is just a stereotype, but I would invite to come to my class tomorrow and ask all of my male students what it is they want to be. 90 percent of them will say a professional athlete. I know because I had them write down what it is they want to be on a piece of paper during the first day of summer school and give it to me. Unfortunately, I've seen them all play basketball, and none of them show any promise of being a star athlete. That's not to say that they can't develop the skills later. There are plenty of players in the NBA who didn't realize their potential until much later. But from what I see, none of these kids have the talent to make varsity, let alone an NBA roster. Sadly, none of them have any alternative career choices just yet. I'm not trying to crush their dreams, so I haven't talked to them about other career choices. Hopefully, it's something they'll reconsider as they enter high school.

Last edited by Bravo Golf; 07-23-2013 at 08:26 PM..
 4 years ago '10        #119
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
 Bravo Golf said:
First of all, I appreciate your passionate and willingness to discuss this topic. This is a very divisive manner.

However, with your passion, your post comes off as more angry than enlightening, and that's one of the talking points Bill O'Reilly was referring to. There is resentment within certain pockets of the African-American community, and rightfully so ... if you are an African-American who grew up during Jim Crow. If not, then your anger shouldn't be against the white man as he's did nothing to you personally.

I'm a.ssuming that like me, you were born in the 1980's or possibly the 1990's. In either case, you were afforded the same luxury as me, and that was being able to go to school and being able to get a job, privileges denied to our grandparents' generation.

The thing about life in America is that there are no free rides, and there are no guarantees. However, we must still give maximum effort to better ourselves each and every day so that we are prepared to take advantage of opportunities should they arrive. As the saying goes, success is when preparation meets opportunity. What brother Themindof, myself, and others speak of when we discuss our disgust with the lack of effort we've seen in some of our black peers growing up is that our peers had the same opportunities that we did. We decided to take advantage; they didn't. Yet, we're considered sellouts and Uncle Toms because we did the logical thing?

Lil Wayne himself said that school was easy. The teacher gives you the answers; you just have to pay attention. But there are some of us who makes things harder than it has to be. Yes, I know some of us have challenging home situations and come from environments that may not value education. However, it is still our personal responsibility to recognize that anyone can benefit from a good education regardless of what their career ambitions are. All I'm asking is that we as a community to start valuing things like that and show that we take ourselves seriously first. How can we expect others to take us seriously if we aren't showing a widespread effort to do the same?

Respect.
 07-23-2013, 08:36 PM         #120
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bravo Golf said:
First of all, I appreciate your passionate and willingness to discuss this topic. This is a very divisive manner.

First off Bill did nothing but go off on an antagonistic rant. Fueled by the fact that Obama(a black man) openly spoke about certain prejudices he faced growing up. He attempted to tell black people that we are to be treated like animals because we essentially act like them in his eyes. He may have presented a formal and decent argument but his intention of once again standing up for the little man(this being white people of course) fall's on deaf ears. He accused Obama and Al Sharpton as being race hustlers, ironically pretending to ignore the fact that his whole segment was a dedication directly to that. He pulled one of those good ol boy tricks. In his attempt to bring down Obama down a peg or two. "This president to speak his truths in the light of our victory"......just who does he think he is.......I mean you do see this right......while he did manage to wave his finger in the face of black America, he co-incidentally left out his feelings on white America and what their approach needs to be address the racial tension. " In other words black America stop being such violent as*holes and us whites will respect you more" But when has this country ever really respected us? .......don't give people with the ability to manipulate your mind the power to do so....the segment wasn't for you......it was for his "older listeners"......the ones with so much hatred in their heart they get riled up at Obama and want to get out to vote against this party that endorse this "cocky ******"

Bravo Golf said:
And? That's not a fu*king gift its a right, and a human right, you want me to be grateful that I was able to go to a sh*tty schools in some sh*tty city where I could grow up to work some sh*tty job? Thanks white America your the best ..........................education is important in life......but if you honestly think that its exclusive only to white culture then your a fu*king moron..........

Bravo Golf said:
The thing about life in America is that there are no free rides, and there are no guarantees. However, we must still give maximum effort to better ourselves each and every day so that we are prepared to take advantage of opportunities should they arrive. As the saying goes, success is when preparation meets opportunity. What brother Themindof, myself, and others speak of when we discuss our disgust with the lack of effort we've seen in some of our black peers growing up is that our peers had the same opportunities that we did. We decided to take advantage; they didn't. Yet, we're considered sellouts and Uncle Toms because we did the logical thing?
So what disgust do you see in your white peers with the same fortitude? Are they deserving of being treated like animals. Do they have to bear the cross for their whole race? Did they not have the same opportunity? But you look down on blacks who are not on your level so to speak.........but wont do the same to a person of another race....whats logical in that? Perhaps your not about hanging around only white people or seeking to find white brides to make those grade a children you fancy so much(just jokes my n*gga )....but lets be honest....your beliefs have agreeing with Bill fu*king O'rielly.......the same man who was impressed at the fact that blacks could gather in a public place and be civil not only to each other but him as well. I mean he was astounded......he is a douche, and of course this further makes me question your validity, because much like George Zimmerman your choosing to place your faith in a person who lacks the up-most integrity......all because your beliefs of separating yourself from the ignorant black man is what you feel you need to do in life to succeed.

Bravo Golf said:
MLK once stated to judge a man by the content of his character, and not the color of their skin. Your asking me to think its okay for anyone to deem me a thug because I'm black. I don't give a fu*k what Ray Ray up the block did to your family. I'm not fu*king Ray Ray. To look at me as anything an but individual is a insult to my intelligence, and to me personally.

I guess you could apply that same logic to how black people look at white Americans. And I probably walk that line pretty fu*king thinly. However what I refuse to ever do is to paint this wide net over an entire group of people and try to justify my "logic" of hatred. I may talk about white people this and white people that.....but do I honestly believe that every single white person is racist, no I do not because that is an asinine thought process. That is to say however that every person who is not a solution to the problem is part of the problem. You and plenty of others trust me have analyzed and acknowledge what the problems are in the black community......now when is someone.....anyone...going to sit down and honestly analyze and acknowledge the problems in the white one????????
Home         

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
34 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
51 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA Wildest Game Stats of the Year so far...?
20 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
213 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
128 comments
18 hours ago