Why Microsoft won't sell Xbox One without Kinect

most viewed right now
 241
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
83 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 104
NBA Warren Sapp blames CTE for sexually harassing woman
73 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 77
Video inside Joe Budden Responds To Fans Saying Jeezy Had Him Scared & Shook On Ever..
75 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 66
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
133 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '12        #141
Tron Carter 25 heat pts25
space
avatar space
space
$4,190 | Props total: 1647 1647
Why y'all always tryna persuade each other into which console is better? People have preferences and reasoning to what they're buying, just stfu and let them do them.
 4 years ago '12        #142
Faythung 1389 heat pts1389
space
avatar space
space
$15,204 | Props total: 9811 9811
 Tron Carter said:
Why y'all always tryna persuade each other into which console is better? People have preferences and reasoning to what they're buying, just stfu and let them do them.
You're in the wrong place.


[pic - click to view]

 4 years ago '06        #143
ChevyBrah 216 heat pts216 OP
space
space
space
$15,404 | Props total: 961 961
the people calling it a spybox better not own any sort of laptop...tablet...or smartphone.

hell everything you type or do on the internet is recorded in some way but anyways

my thread is 9 pages thanks bx now i can bump bump anytime i want
 4 years ago '06        #144
ChevyBrah 216 heat pts216 OP
space
space
space
$15,404 | Props total: 961 961
 KeithHernandez said:
My current kinect is stashed behind the TV mount and unplugged until the Mrs. wants to use it. I haven't trusted it since the first day it was able to identify me after I "calibrated" it. fu*k that.

And everyone got hyped about the 180 for the always-on internet without thinking of the always-on Kinect. Y'all are gonna see what's up the day you have a casual conversation with friends and someone utters "Xbox on" and the machine powers up.

Friend: Oh, you got the new Xbox? That's dope.
You: Yeah, I like it a lot. But it's pretty big. I need to find a better stand to put the xbox on.

*XB1 turns on*

Wait till y'all see advertisements for things you discussed in your house. Or craft beers you drink that don't usually get advertisements. Or you say something like, "Ugh, I need a good racing game," only to find your XB1 ready with ads for that genre when you power up. I'm good, b.
um thats what its suppose to do turn on when it hears xbox on

and ads are everywhere face it
 4 years ago '11        #145
Donthate707 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,928 | Props total: 908 908
Kinect is the best motion sensor out the possibilities with it are crazy how could you hate on it?
 4 years ago '11        #146
Deuterion 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,374 | Props total: 4272 4272
 Donthate707 said:
Kinect is the best motion sensor out the possibilities with it are crazy how could you hate on it?
Well the whole NSA spying situation and Microsoft being one of their biggest and most compliant partners is one reason. Second reason is the fact that you cannot unplug it therefore the only way you can disable it is via a software switch which everyone knows is useless. So in a nutshell, you will have a camera sitting in your house, connected to the internet, that is managed by a company KNOWN to give the NSA access to their servers, OS's, and more. SCREW THAT!
 4 years ago '04        #147
SpyDa 180 heat pts180
space
avatar space
space
$12,905 | Props total: 2539 2539
 chevyrida6 said:
the people calling it a spybox better not own any sort of laptop...tablet...or smartphone.

hell everything you type or do on the internet is recorded in some way but anyways

my thread is 9 pages thanks bx now i can bump bump anytime i want

These devices you listed can be used offline formatted, rooted, hacked or jailbroken to know exactly what's running and what shouldn't. Only way this would be close is if you couldnt make a phone call surf the web or access your hard drive without the pc scanning your facial for a security check that you set up on the first set up. try again.


Last edited by SpyDa; 07-23-2013 at 09:59 AM..
 4 years ago '05        #148
Dun Language 3970 heat pts3970
space
avatar space
space
$75,901 | Props total: 30131 30131
 Oh Finesse said:

[pic - click to view]

Wankstas salute!
ur probably top 5 in the new corny n*ggas on here trying to make a name for themselves. go suck on someone else d!ck.
 4 years ago '06        #149
ChevyBrah 216 heat pts216 OP
space
space
space
$15,404 | Props total: 961 961
 SpyDa said:
These devices you listed can be used offline formatted, rooted, hacked or jailbroken to know exactly what's running and what shouldn't. Only way this would be close is if you couldnt make a phone call surf the web or access your hard drive without the pc scanning your facial for a security check that you set up on the first set up. try again.
man gtfoh your isp has every record of what sites you go to....run from that
 4 years ago '04        #150
SpyDa 180 heat pts180
space
avatar space
space
$12,905 | Props total: 2539 2539
 chevyrida6 said:
man gtfoh your isp has every record of what sites you go to....run from that


Not if you connect through a virtual host or a proxy.
 4 years ago '10        #151
ClustyMolecules 117 heat pts117
space
avatar space
space
$4,601 | Props total: 5778 5778
 DreamChasers said:
what about 99% of people that don't buy the Xbox 1?

I just can't take microsoft seriously here, why are they changing the formula so much....theres gotta be something behind it......
Its called the staying one step ahead of the game and gearing up for the future of gaming...believe it or not but im sure eventually controllers will become non existent or more of a second thought years down the road...When you talk about changing formulas, look at what M$ is doing with Windows 8...was there anything wrong with 7? Not really, but after watching some of the Google I/O conference it clicked for me when they spoke about how it is in the process right now of eliminating the need/existence of desktop websites and mobile website...Soon we will have one universal/multi-platform website structure that will work the same whether you're on a desktop or phone. Look at Windows 8...it is a fully functional OS that can work the same on a portable touch device AND/OR on a desktop...so when you talk about the XB1 and the Kinect 2, and how they're integrating voice commands and hand gestures into games, I personally believe this is the stepping stone for the future of gaming, whether most people like it or not...because when this DOES happen, PS will be behind schedule...from a business perspective, M$ is on point in looking into/preparing for the future instead of the present...just my 2 cents from an unbiased individual.........
 4 years ago '07        #152
link04 87 heat pts87
space
avatar space
space
$12,613 | Props total: 3937 3937
XBOX LOST
 4 years ago '07        #153
link04 87 heat pts87
space
avatar space
space
$12,613 | Props total: 3937 3937
they lost when they tried to introduce HD-DVD. how many of you xboxs bought that thinking it was the future

 4 years ago '05        #154
Krazie 134 heat pts134
space
avatar space
space
$45,889 | Props total: 20990 20990
 link04 said:
they lost when they tried to introduce HD-DVD. how many of you xboxs bought that thinking it was the future

You act like HD-DVD really had a big effect on anything to do with Xbox. Sony has lost with similar things in the past as well.
 4 years ago '11        #155
Deuterion 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,374 | Props total: 4272 4272
 jwalck5950 said:
Its called the staying one step ahead of the game and gearing up for the future of gaming...believe it or not but im sure eventually controllers will become non existent or more of a second thought years down the road...When you talk about changing formulas, look at what M$ is doing with Windows 8...was there anything wrong with 7? Not really, but after watching some of the Google I/O conference it clicked for me when they spoke about how it is in the process right now of eliminating the need/existence of desktop websites and mobile website...Soon we will have one universal/multi-platform website structure that will work the same whether you're on a desktop or phone. Look at Windows 8...it is a fully functional OS that can work the same on a portable touch device AND/OR on a desktop...so when you talk about the XB1 and the Kinect 2, and how they're integrating voice commands and hand gestures into games, I personally believe this is the stepping stone for the future of gaming, whether most people like it or not...because when this DOES happen, PS will be behind schedule...from a business perspective, M$ is on point in looking into/preparing for the future instead of the present...just my 2 cents from an unbiased individual.........
If you want to look at the future of computing it's best to look towards Apple because they have single-handedly transformed mobile computing from being a good idea to being our reality. Windows 8 was simply a reactionary move that took Windows from being really good for desktops/horrible for tablets to being really good for tablets/horrible for desktops. The Kinect offers some great experiences but the fact that they require it to be plugged in at all times shows that they want to use it for much more than enhancing your game experience. They want to see what you're doing, what you're saying, and use it get money from advertisers. They also want to use it as a compliance tool to make sure you're not playing XBOX Content for huge parties that would require separate license.
 4 years ago '11        #156
Deuterion 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,374 | Props total: 4272 4272
 Mr I 95 said:
wrong...amazingly idiotic as well...this is like saying flying cars are gonna be the 21st century like 50 years ago...it aint ever gonna happen

even if i could have the choice of using a controller or motion sensing so in tune with my hands i could just hold air and use it the same way as i would a controller id prefer a physical controller

im sure there will be a small market for the kinnect..like there is now...but for most gamers they dont want to do physical fu*king activity to play a game...they dont want to wave their arms and hands around like a retard

you dudes is silly as fu*k...thinking in 40 years the way people play games is gonna be standing in front of their tv holding a pretend gun....really? seriously???
Just imagine playing a.ssassin's Creed or Tomb Raider with a kinect.

No thanks.
 4 years ago '10        #157
ClustyMolecules 117 heat pts117
space
avatar space
space
$4,601 | Props total: 5778 5778
 Deuterion said:
If you want to look at the future of computing it's best to look towards Apple because they have single-handedly transformed mobile computing from being a good idea to being our reality. Windows 8 was simply a reactionary move that took Windows from being really good for desktops/horrible for tablets to being really good for tablets/horrible for desktops. The Kinect offers some great experiences but the fact that they require it to be plugged in at all times shows that they want to use it for much more than enhancing your game experience. They want to see what you're doing, what you're saying, and use it get money from advertisers. They also want to use it as a compliance tool to make sure you're not playing XBOX Content for huge parties that would require separate license.
8>>>7>>>MAC you need concrete facts before you speak ill of 8...and saying the Metro interface is why 8 is 'horrible' is not a valid argument...
 4 years ago '06        #158
Kingme 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$10,913 | Props total: 7613 7613
 SpyDa said:
These devices you listed can be used offline formatted, rooted, hacked or jailbroken to know exactly what's running and what shouldn't. Only way this would be close is if you couldnt make a phone call surf the web or access your hard drive without the pc scanning your facial for a security check that you set up on the first set up. try again.
So do you think that everyone or even the majority of the population with the devices mentioned are being used offline, rooted, jailbroken, etc? Or are the majority of the owners of the devices you replied to open for NSA to collect your info?
 4 years ago '10        #159
ClustyMolecules 117 heat pts117
space
avatar space
space
$4,601 | Props total: 5778 5778
 Mr I 95 said:
wrong...amazingly idiotic as well...this is like saying flying cars are gonna be the 21st century like 50 years ago...it aint ever gonna happen

even if i could have the choice of using a controller or motion sensing so in tune with my hands i could just hold air and use it the same way as i would a controller id prefer a physical controller

im sure there will be a small market for the kinnect..like there is now...but for most gamers they dont want to do physical fu*king activity to play a game...they dont want to wave their arms and hands around like a retard

you dudes is silly as fu*k...thinking in 40 years the way people play games is gonna be standing in front of their tv holding a pretend gun....really? seriously???
Im simply stating that it is a HELL of a possibility...to use the 'flying car' metaphor is f&ck1ng stupid...COMPLETELY different...it is MUCH more plausible to think that in X amount of years, motion integrated technologies will be a large part of gaming than to say people thought wed be whipping the f&ck around on sky roads...take Sony's d*ck out of your mouth and look at the bigger picture and the POSSIBILITIES...POSSIBILITIES...im not saying that it IS or WILL happen, but its extremely likely. Do you think people who grew up in the 60's and 70's listening to records thought that wed be able to wirelessly connect a device to another device to listen to music????? YOU might not want that, thousands of others might not want that, but whats not to say that this will be appealing to the next generation of kids/gamers?? Again, POSSIBILITIES
 4 years ago '07        #160
KeithHernandez 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,160 | Props total: 118 118
 chevyrida6 said:
um thats what its suppose to do turn on when it hears xbox on

and ads are everywhere face it
Are you trying not to get it? The point is that it's always listening for any phrase that might sound like "Xbox on." You think that's functionality? It's invasive.

Wait till you throw the surround sound on for some sports and an XB1 commercial turns on your machine. Microsoft will defend itself with: "Well, why aren't you watching the game through your XB1 anyway? We support television now!"

There's a significant difference between the ads that are everywhere -- Sportscenter, highway billboards, TV commercials -- and ads that are tailored to you by eavesdropping for data and engineering profiles on information it collected about you at home: what you watch, what you drink, your routines, the fu*king clothes you wear. You really think that HD Kinect camera is just for Skype?

I'm not even a conspiracy nut, but don't let some hyped up voice commands and hand gestures confuse you between receiving innovation and being a guinea pig.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 54
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
48 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 53
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
77 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 37
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
290 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 20
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
98 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 16
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
113 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 13
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 13
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
251 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
 12
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
159 comments
2 days ago
@games
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy