Why Microsoft won't sell Xbox One without Kinect

most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
38 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
55 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
77 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Minnesota with lime green uniforms tonight -- yay or nay?
25 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '11        #121
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
 Kingme said:
No its not.

The PS4 camera is not going to let you cross game group video chat, its not going to recognize who is holding the controller so that it can map the controller buttons to the players profile specifications, etc. And that's without the tv stuff, without the bluray stuff, without the internet stuff and without the app stuff.

The ps4 camera does not equal a Kinect 2.0, anyone who is into video games can tell you that.

To access every feature that the PS4 is advertised to have, you need a $250 vita.
With the camera, it recognizes the player by the controller.
 4 years ago '04        #122
SpyDa 180 heat pts180
space
space
$12,910 | Props total: 2549 2549
 Mr I 95 said:
you dont follow the news do you?

[pic - click to view]

first company to sign on

just saying

[pic - click to view]

people been complaining since 9-11 about all this "the hell with this One world government under heavy surveillance. we need to keep our rights." Then 12 years later they asking for the one world heavy surveillance in every category thinking its convenient...

talk about...
[pic - click to view]

Last edited by SpyDa; 07-22-2013 at 11:27 PM..
 4 years ago '07        #123
KeithHernandez 7 heat pts
space
space
$4,160 | Props total: 118 118
My current kinect is stashed behind the TV mount and unplugged until the Mrs. wants to use it. I haven't trusted it since the first day it was able to identify me after I "calibrated" it. fu*k that.

And everyone got hyped about the 180 for the always-on internet without thinking of the always-on Kinect. Y'all are gonna see what's up the day you have a casual conversation with friends and someone utters "Xbox on" and the machine powers up.

Friend: Oh, you got the new Xbox? That's dope.
You: Yeah, I like it a lot. But it's pretty big. I need to find a better stand to put the xbox on.

*XB1 turns on*

Wait till y'all see advertisements for things you discussed in your house. Or craft beers you drink that don't usually get advertisements. Or you say something like, "Ugh, I need a good racing game," only to find your XB1 ready with ads for that genre when you power up. I'm good, b.
 4 years ago '06        #124
Kingme 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,916 | Props total: 7614 7614
 Jesszman said:
With the camera, it recognizes the player by the controller.
It does not recognize the player it recognizes the light on the controller. Let's say that you're a gamer and have 2 or more friends who visit to play games and some of these friends use inverted controls. All the PS4 camera is going to do is make sure that the split screen on the tv corresponds to the location of the red or blue light on the front of the controller, it can not determine who is holding the controller and automatically inverte the controls. The ps4 camera is not going to log in you and your guests, and it can not tell who uses inverted aim and automatically change the control options to reflect it like the Kinect 2.

I can't help but notice that Sony has successfully won over the gaming posers, fakes, and perpetrators. So many PS4 fanboys don't even have the facts and have zero knowledge of gamings history nor the talent behind the games.
 4 years ago '11        #125
space
space
space
 KeithHernandez said:

Wait till y'all see advertisements for things you discussed in your house. Or craft beers you drink that don't usually get advertisements. Or you say something like, "Ugh, I need a good racing game," only to find your XB1 ready with ads for that genre when you power up. I'm good, b.
That's probably what's going to happen.
 4 years ago '11        #126
space
space
space
 Kingme said:
It does not recognize the player it recognizes the light on the controller. Let's say that you're a gamer and have 2 or more friends who visit to play games and some of these friends use inverted controls. All the PS4 camera is going to do is make sure that the split screen on the tv corresponds to the location of the red or blue light on the front of the controller, it can not determine who is holding the controller and automatically inverte the controls. The ps4 camera is not going to log in you and your guests, and it can not tell who uses inverted aim and automatically change the control options to reflect it like the Kinect 2.

I can't help but notice that Sony has successfully won over the gaming posers, fakes, and perpetrators. So many PS4 fanboys don't even have the facts and have zero knowledge of gamings history nor the talent behind the games.

Speaking of tying things to the controller, Sony also detailed how the controller will function with the console itself. User accounts will be tied to the DualShock 4 or the console. This sounds reminiscent of when Nintendo allowed you to tie Miis to your Wii Remote so you could bring it to a friend’s house.
 4 years ago '04        #127
SpyDa 180 heat pts180
space
space
$12,910 | Props total: 2549 2549
 KeithHernandez said:
My current kinect is stashed behind the TV mount and unplugged until the Mrs. wants to use it. I haven't trusted it since the first day it was able to identify me after I "calibrated" it. fu*k that.

And everyone got hyped about the 180 for the always-on internet without thinking of the always-on Kinect. Y'all are gonna see what's up the day you have a casual conversation with friends and someone utters "Xbox on" and the machine powers up.

Friend: Oh, you got the new Xbox? That's dope.
You: Yeah, I like it a lot. But it's pretty big. I need to find a better stand to put the xbox on.

*XB1 turns on*

This!!!! This!! This!!! Corporation's could give a damn about helping you out. Youtube was the spot because you avoided commercials. They made it there. Facebook was the spot now they have advertisements in your newsfeed. its about to get real and They O.E.N.O. it
 4 years ago '06        #128
Kingme 7 heat pts
space
space
 Jesszman said:

This proves nothing.

Dragging a controller around with your profile attached to it proves that the ps4 camera toy can not tell who is holding the controller. If I pick up a controller with your profile on it, the ps4 camera toy will think I'm you, and when I invert your controls and remap your buttons to my liking, you will have to undue these settings once you use the controller again which is a pain in the a.ss, especially if you're taking turns playing a game. The ps4 camera is utter crap fam, its last gen tech with a few tweeks, which is why it is not included in the box and why it costs $60.
 4 years ago '11        #129
space
space
space
 Kingme said:
This proves nothing.

Dragging a controller around with your profile attached to it proves that the ps4 camera toy can not tell who is holding the controller. If I pick up a controller with your profile on it, the ps4 camera toy will think I'm you, and when I invert your controls and remap your buttons to my liking, you will have to undue these settings once you use the controller again which is a pain in the a.ss, especially if you're taking turns playing a game. The ps4 camera is utter crap fam, its last gen tech with a few tweeks, which is why it is not included in the box and why it costs $60.
Sony says the Eye will allow the PS4 to use face login
Don't see why that couldn't be applied to a game. Anyway, at this point, we don't know much about the PlayStation Camera. We'll probably hear more at GDC in August.

Last edited by Jesszman; 07-23-2013 at 12:02 AM..
 4 years ago '06        #130
Kingme 7 heat pts
space
space
 Jesszman said:
Don't see why that couldn't be applied to a game. Anyway, at this point, we don't know much about the PlayStation Camera. We'll probably hear more at GDC in August.

At this point a lot of yall don't know much about either system so keep spreading your lies and misinformation.
 4 years ago '11        #131
space
space
space
 Kingme said:
At this point a lot of yall don't know much about either system so keep spreading your lies and misinformation.
 4 years ago '05        #132
Mariel619 101 heat pts101
space
space
$1,355 | Props total: 31 31
This Dumb MF 4real said iPad or Xbox 1 haha. Xbox
 4 years ago '05        #133
white-chocolate 124 heat pts124
space
space
$15,500 | Props total: 1358 1358
i'm also curious what's going to happen.. usually Playstation costs more then xbox
going to be interesting
 4 years ago '05        #134
PCP MC 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,347 | Props total: 0 0
I don't grasp the logic of saying "they have to use the Kinect now b/c it's such an integral part of the system." They made it an integral part of the system, & they want you to think it's necessary.

If you think it's necessary then you'll think it's worth paying for...which it looks like some of you already do. Game point Microsoft, the company that gave us Vista and trademarked shoving unwanted add-ons down our throats.
 4 years ago '05        #135
Nyse03 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,432 | Props total: 2905 2905
 PCP MC said:
I don't grasp the logic of saying "they have to use the Kinect now b/c it's such an integral part of the system." They made it an integral part of the system, & they want you to think it's necessary.

If you think it's necessary then you'll think it's worth paying for...which it looks like some of you already do. Game point Microsoft, the company that gave us Vista and trademarked shoving unwanted add-ons down our throats.
Who thinks it's necessary? We all know you don't have to use it. But it's the reason most people are paying more for X1s. Its because a lot of the dope features require the Kinect. We actually want a camera with our system. Whats the big deal?
 4 years ago '05        #136
PCP MC 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,347 | Props total: 0 0
In the very first post the blogger makes a point to go out of his way and say that it's built in and tinkering with the hardware at this point would be a no-no. And several posters after that echoed those same sentiments, whether in regards to the packaging together or to speculated continual usefulness of the Kinect throughout the next decade, essentially trying to justify the existence, inclusion and pricetag of the Kinect.

Looks like some re-reading needs to be done here...
 4 years ago '05        #137
Dun Language 3971 heat pts3971
space
space
$75,924 | Props total: 30316 30316
 Oh Finesse said:
and the e-thug appears.
e-thug ? what does me making fun of ps4 have to do with e thuggin ? are u really that stupid ?

plus if u haven't got the memo i actually come outside if a n*gga on here says he wants to catch the fade with me. ask urbangatsby

find some other way to make a name for yourself on here dont use me bi*ch n*gga.

Last edited by Dun Language; 07-23-2013 at 05:53 AM..
 4 years ago '05        #138
Dun Language 3971 heat pts3971
space
space
$75,924 | Props total: 30316 30316
real n*ggas gonna be on that xbox one like

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '11        #139
bkamagnum 
space
space
$1,070 | Props total: 264 264
they can keep that spy box. only thing making me want a xbox one is forza 5. gta v is not even next gen so fu*k em
 4 years ago '12        #140
Pleasure Boy 1256 heat pts1256
space
space
$10,008 | Props total: 4956 4956
 Mr I 95 said:
what did i say...the people complaining dont give a sh*t how its used...they dont want it period...i dont give a sh*t if you can blink twice to change the channel...its not appealing at all there is not a single thing imaginable that makes it appealing ...i dont give a sh*t if i can turn my head to look another way..it is not appealing...i dont care that i could skype ..it is not appealing

i want to play games and play games alone without moving anything but my thumbs

what dont you get????? people aint complaining because they dont understand it..they are complaining because they dont want it period...at all..nothing...zero...zip...nada,,,nil...we have computers if we want to video chat...and we still dont...
You make to much fucckin sense
Home      

most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
70 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
78 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
195 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
77 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
80 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
pocaahantus
25 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
26 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy