Why Microsoft won't sell Xbox One without Kinect

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
191 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
138 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
227 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
81 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '11        #101
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
sure Gaikai sounds interesting but I have to buy the games over again in order to obtain BC....
We still have no clue how Gaikai will work. For all we know, they'll up the price of PS+ and put it in there. As for your whole price thing, I don't see why you're arguing about investing more when it's still cheaper than the XBox One.
 4 years ago '04        #102
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,754 | Props total: 1572 1572
 Jesszman said:
We still have no clue how Gaikai will work. For all we know, they'll up the price of PS+ and put it in there. As for your whole price thing, I don't see why you're arguing about investing more when it's still cheaper than the XBox One.
its not cheaper than the xbox one, if I buy a Vita and get the camera to get the extra features thats put the ps4 @ $200 more.......

and your point about Gaikai is moot we both could be right or wrong I think we can agree either way it wont be free (not that i was expecting it to be)

Last edited by Ra-da-god; 07-22-2013 at 05:39 PM..
 4 years ago '11        #103
space
space
space
 Mr I 95 said:
he didnt read your post where sony will have an app that turns whatever you want into "smart glass" he thinks you need a vita for that sh*t...its the same as xbox bruh

It really is though. I'd be ecstatic if they allowed the Vita to be used in place of the DualShock 4. Just make a shell add on for the device so that you could have R2 and L2 (instead of using the backtouch ) and you've got a Wii U experience right there.

Ra-da-god said:
its not cheaper than the xbox one, if I buy a Vita and get the camera to get the extra features thats put the ps4 @ $200 more.......

and your point about Gaikai is moot we both could be right or wrong I think we can agree either way it wont be free (not that i was expecting it to be)
You're not making any sense. Why are you buying a Vita? The Vita doesn't have an equal feature on the Xbox One therefore it shouldn't be considered.
 4 years ago '04        #104
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
 Mr I 95 said:
dont make me post your make pretend car again bruh
go ahead post the corvette I bought for my father's Retirement gift that I posted on my facebook page, never said it was mine

not even going to acknowledge all that other sh*t you posted

Last edited by Ra-da-god; 07-22-2013 at 05:51 PM..
 4 years ago '04        #105
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
 Jesszman said:
You're not making any sense. Why are you buying a Vita? The Vita doesn't have an equal feature on the Xbox One therefore it shouldn't be considered.
its considered because its and advertised feature of owning a ps4 if i were to say "wow I want that feature day one" I'd have to pay extra it doesn't matter if the xbox has it or not dummy the Dreamcast didn't have a Dvd player that didn't omit that as a main selling point for the ps2.......

you're trying to use semantics to back you point and its silly

Last edited by Ra-da-god; 07-22-2013 at 05:54 PM..
 4 years ago '05        #106
Nyse03 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,431 | Props total: 2903 2903
 Jesszman said:
It really is though. I'd be ecstatic if they allowed the Vita to be used in place of the DualShock 4. Just make a shell add on for the device so that you could have R2 and L2 (instead of using the backtouch ) and you've got a Wii U experience right there.

Ehhhh...close to the Wii. But not quite. The Wii U is still more advanced than just using your handheld as a touchscreen and controller. Have you played it? You can hold up the pad to the TV and the 2 screens can interact with each other.
 4 years ago '04        #107
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
 Mr I 95 said:

just admit...you thought u had to own a vita for smart glass now your scrambling for an excuse
go and read what i said NOWHERE did I say you needed a Vita for smartglass like features on ps4....

I was talking about the Cross play feature just admit you have the comprehension skills of a 5th grader and then go play
 4 years ago '10        #108
SwooshWonder 13 heat pts13
space
space
$25,317 | Props total: 8298 8298
Final words: He asked why you bring up the Vita because its compatibility with the PS4 has no equivalent on the Xbox One. That's a whole new experience. But the things you're talking about like video chat and all that camera stuff is available for only $60 if you buy the PS4 cameras an accessory....still less than an XB1.

PS4 compatibility with the Vita isn't just "smart glass". It takes virtually any PS4 game and puts it in your hands for on the go use. There's no telling what PS4-Vita hybrid games devs can come up with too so it's not just playing a PS4 game on a handheld but having a symbiotic relationship between PS4 and Vita versions of the game.
 4 years ago '11        #109
space
space
space
 Nyse03 said:
Ehhhh...close to the Wii. But not quite. The Wii U is still more advanced than just using your handheld as a touchscreen and controller. Have you played it? You can hold up the pad to the TV and the 2 screens can interact with each other.
You can do that with the vita and ps3 too. I was using my vita to track down treasures and bottles in sly 4 in real time.
 4 years ago '04        #110
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
 sm00vb0iiw0nder said:
PS4 compatibility with the Vita isn't just "smart glass".
lol never said Transference was smartglass go back and read what i said....

why this doesn't appeal to me: besides gaming every selling point the Playstation has is ASKING ME TO BUY SOMETHING ELSE, Yeah Transference is cool but I have to buy a $250 device to take advantage of that
nowhere does that say I think Transference/remote/cross play is smart glass nor was I comparing it to smartglass specifically

not arguing the how good one feature is vs the other I'm talking strictly pricepoint of what would be spent if I wanted these features day one

Last edited by Ra-da-god; 07-22-2013 at 06:16 PM..
 4 years ago '12        #111
DreamChasers 87 heat pts87
space
space
$6,899 | Props total: 777 777
 Jesszman said:
You can do that with the vita and ps3 too. I was using my vita to track down treasures and bottles in sly 4 in real time.
thats pretty cool lol
 4 years ago '04        #112
One-O-One 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,198 | Props total: 8912 8912
 DreamChasers said:
Yea definately, no one is saying your not getting your values worth. Like the Dev said Kinect is like $200-300 make each and I believe him. What is it 3 cameras, sensors, infared, microphone. Dude makes a good point.

I might get a X1 down the line. Im a gamer.. I hold no sides! I only want to play the best games :P

Forza 5, Halo 5, KI, Dead Rising.. Those are all TRIPLE AAA titles.
Cosign.

I love my damn videogames @ the end of the day. I saved for both PS4 & XBoxOne A LONG time ago b/c I already knew ima want everything, just like this-gen!
 4 years ago '13        #113
Erma Gerd 275 heat pts275
space
space
$16,400 | Props total: 18199 18199
 Mr I 95 said:
the point is that people that dont want it will still buy it...because they are xbox fans...they dont have a choice...its fu*ked up
Um... no. The only reason people should take issue with options is if they're in contract with a company. The days of people treating gaming companies like an insurance group need to stop. If you (the retarded "fan boy") can't see past your jaded sense of "loyalty" in order to make a wise gaming investment, then it's your fault... not Microsoft's (generally speaking of course). I don't even think Apple fans are that dumb.
 4 years ago '04        #114
cold_young_thug 40 heat pts40
space
space
$9,608 | Props total: 1775 1775
 Ra-da-god said:
I'm excited about the kinect
Spoken like a true Xbot.
 4 years ago '05        #115
Krazie 134 heat pts134
space
space
$45,893 | Props total: 20995 20995
 cold_young_thug said:
Spoken like a true Xbot.
People being excited for a piece of technology when he's spelled out the reasons clearly in this thread gives him a fanboy label?

This thread is too much.
 4 years ago '11        #116
space
space
space
 DreamChasers said:
thats pretty cool lol
Yeah i was pretty impressed when I finally used it.

Ra-da-god said:
lol never said Transference was smartglass go back and read what i said....

nowhere does that say I think Transference/remote/cross play is smart glass nor was I comparing it to smartglass specifically

not arguing the how good one feature is vs the other I'm talking strictly pricepoint of what would be spent if I wanted these features day one
There's no reason to include the Vita though. The PS4 is equal to the One with just Camera once you take out the TV features.
 4 years ago '05        #117
IGOTSHITTZ 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,077 | Props total: 480 480
They want a bigger Kinect install base. Can't get any bigger than 100% of people with an Xbox One will have a Kinect. Without typing up a bunch of sh*t... Everyone having a Kinect = better Kinect games.
 4 years ago '11        #118
space
space
space
 Oh Finesse said:
why is the vita being mentioned so much in this thread
Have no clue.
 4 years ago '05        #119
Dun Language 3970 heat pts3970
space
space
$75,915 | Props total: 30184 30184
ps4 herbs with that bullsh*t mouse on the controller

xbox play call of duty

xbox go to espn

that bullsh*t mouse...
 4 years ago '06        #120
Kingme 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,915 | Props total: 7614 7614
 Jesszman said:
Yeah i was pretty impressed when I finally used it.

There's no reason to include the Vita though. The PS4 is equal to the One with just Camera once you take out the TV features.
No its not.

The PS4 camera is not going to let you cross game group video chat, its not going to recognize who is holding the controller so that it can map the controller buttons to the players profile specifications, etc. And that's without the tv stuff, without the bluray stuff, without the internet stuff and without the app stuff.

The ps4 camera does not equal a Kinect 2.0, anyone who is into video games can tell you that.

To access every feature that the PS4 is advertised to have, you need a $250 vita.
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
65 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
48 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
47 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
40 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
189 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
67 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
141 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
160 comments
2 days ago