Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
62 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
72 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '05        #81
Nyse03 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,430 | Props total: 2902 2902
 sm00vb0iiw0nder said:
For the bolded, I asked you twice to correct me if I was wrong. You never did. And by "required for certain functions of the XB1", I'm talking about browsing the OS, NOT playing games that have the option of using Kinect or purely Kinect games.

And you're taking the sentence out of context. GAMERS are buying the XB1 because it is recognized as a gaming console FIRST regardless of what Microsoft markets it as. People aren't lining up to buy it because it can play TV. Understand?

Because of this, if the Kinect isn't required to play games on the consoles or required to browse the system, it will be seen as just another gimmick and be forgotten
IT IS REQUIRED FOR CERTAIN FEATURES. Did you not see the revealing back in May? How are you going to Skype without it? How are you going to tell it to snap without it?
The whole chat system is based on Skype. If you hadn't noticed XLive users love to party chat. You expect people to use the feature without a camera?
 4 years ago '10        #82
SwooshWonder 13 heat pts13
space
space
$25,317 | Props total: 8298 8298
 Nyse03 said:
IT IS REQUIRED FOR CERTAIN FEATURES. Did you not see the revealing back in May? How are you going to Skype without it? How are you going to tell it to snap without it?
The whole chat system is based on Skype. If you hadn't noticed XLive users love to party chat. You expect people to use the feature without a camera?
You're not getting the point of what I'm saying. People should be able to buy the Kinect 2 IF they want to Skype. IF they want to "snap". IF they want to video chat with their gaming friends. IF they want to play Kinect 2 games. IF they want to use the Kinect 2 options in other games.

If they do not care for that, they will still have to pay an extra $100 for it anyway. But because the Kinect 2 isn't needed for you to access the console and it is not required to play XB1 games in general, why should you be forced to pay for it if it is not an irreplaceable part of the system?

It's not like MS is gonna change it but this question is in a lot of people's heads. Believe it or not, that extra $100 MS is forcing upon the consumer for an extra non essential product they may not want will harm their sales

Last edited by SwooshWonder; 07-22-2013 at 04:17 PM..
 4 years ago '04        #83
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,753 | Props total: 1570 1570
 PhrozenMenace said:
it seems like the answers to why kinect is truly needed for the xbox to function will not be answered
they have answered it, its part of their platform moving foward with the xbox brand you dont want it buy a ps4
 4 years ago '11        #84
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
 Nyse03 said:
Use the controller and a mic.
 4 years ago '05        #85
Nyse03 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,430 | Props total: 2902 2902
 sm00vb0iiw0nder said:
You're not getting the point of what I'm saying. People should be able to buy the Kinect 2 IF they want to Skype. IF they want to "snap". IF they want to video chat with their gaming friends. IF they want to play Kinect 2 games. IF they want to use the Kinect 2 options in other games.

If they do not care for that, they will still have to pay an extra $100 for it anyway. But because the Kinect 2 isn't needed for you to access the console and it is not required to play XB1 games in general, why should you be forced to pay for it if it is not an irreplaceable part of the system?

It's not like MS is gonna change it but this question is in a lot of people's heads.
Those sound like people who don't want an X1. In which case I would suggest a PS4...it's cheaper. But I would imagine from the success of the Wii over both the 360 and PS3, most people are looking for a system you can do more than just sit and twiddle your thumbs with.

The X1 main selling point over the PS4 (other than exclusives) is the Kinect 2. So if you don't want a high tech camera to enhance your entertainment experience, I see no reason to buy an X1. But I for one am very excited about all of the features of the X1 with the Kinect. Like I said it just screams futuristic.
 4 years ago '10        #86
space
space
 4 years ago '04        #87
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
 sm00vb0iiw0nder said:
You're not getting the point of what I'm saying. People should be able to buy the Kinect 2 IF they want to Skype. IF they want to "snap". IF they want to video chat with their gaming friends. IF they want to play Kinect 2 games. IF they want to use the Kinect 2 options in other games..
if you dont want to buy the kinect BUY a Playstation 4 its that simple this is the nature of competition the argument you people are making is knee deep in entitlement M$ is offering and multimedia all in one experience where voice commands, skype chat, smartglass and integrated gaming are all built into one box, Sony is offering the standard gaming box with all features price optional if you tried to match the ps4's features to the X1' you would have to spend an additional $260 for a vita and the eye toy just to have what you get with the xbox out the box

@ this point asking M$ to ditch the kinect is like asking Nintendo to ditch the second screen controller just to make you happy sh*t is silly dont like dont buy
 4 years ago '11        #88
space
space
space
 Ra-da-god said:
if you dont want to buy the kinect BUY a Playstation 4 its that simple this is the nature of competition the argument you people are making is knee deep in entitlement M$ is offering and multimedia all in one experience where voice commands, skype chat, smartglass and integrated gaming are all built into one box, Sony is offering the standard gaming box with all features price optional if you tried to match the ps4's features to the X1' you would have to spend an additional $260 for a vita and the eye toy just to have what you get with the xbox out the box

@ this point asking M$ to ditch the kinect is like asking Nintendo to ditch the second screen controller just to make you happy sh*t is silly dont like dont buy
Not even close to being true. MS doesn't offer Remote Play so that's a whole nother feature. As for Smart Glass, there's the PlayStation App for that. You would only need to spend $60 to get what you're getting with the Xbox One, that's $460 VS $500
 4 years ago '07        #89
moe4484 4 heat pts
space
space
$8,661 | Props total: 1132 1132
[quote=Mr I 95;27868133]
 Ra-da-god said:
if you dont want to buy the kinect BUY a Playstation 4 its that simple this is the nature of competition the argument you people are making is knee deep in entitlement /QUOTE]

stopped reading exactly here..

again...you think your not entitled as a customer or even possible customer??? you dumb entry level position a.ss n*gga
reported for racism whitey
 4 years ago '06        #90
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
It's not even 100% that X1 will be still make Kinect mandatory come launch let alone the entire gen. People need to stop treating it like its really set in stone.

Over the last month, Mattrick isn't at M$ anymore and Always online is gone. I'd bet that at some point this gen M$ doesn't package it with EVERY X1 anymore. In June we were all arguing over DRM, now it's this sh*t. Lets wait and see..

IMO, M$ will see the sales not meeting their expectations with the $500 base price(and more bi*ching). M$ is seeing if they can have it all, whether Always online/Forced Kinect etc. Once they see the PS4 selling better they will backpedal just like with always online and all that "futuristic" jargain will go out the window just like with Always Online.

Last edited by Soraci7; 07-22-2013 at 04:57 PM..
 4 years ago '10        #91
space
space

The fanaticism is clearly blinding the ability to interpret the common sense statements I'm making.

Question simply is what is the function of the Kinect 2 that it has to be sold in tandem with the console at the expense of an extra $100 for people who don't want it? It's not needed to play games in general on the XB1 and it's not needed to navigate the XB1.

It's not that people "don't want an XB1". It's that the device they have to pay for in order to get an XB1 isn't necessary to enjoy or use the XB1 so if they don't want it, why do they have to pay for it as well?

Sure you will justify it with "because MS says its integral". But it's obviously not. If you want the Kinect and will use it and haves the means to pay for it, that's cool. But the packaging for the XB1 and the reasoning behind it isn't very consumer friendly.

Last edited by SwooshWonder; 07-22-2013 at 05:00 PM..
 4 years ago '12        #92
DreamChasers 87 heat pts87
space
space
$6,899 | Props total: 777 777
 sm00vb0iiw0nder said:

The fanaticism is clearly blinding the ability to interpret the common sense statements I'm making.

Question simply is what is the function of the Kinect 2 that it has to be sold in tandem with the console at the expense of an extra $100 for people who don't want it? It's not needed to play games in general on the XB1 and it's not needed to navigate the XB1.

It's not that people "don't want an XB1". It's that the device they have to pay for in order to get an XB1 isn't necessary to enjoy or use the XB1 so if they don't want it, why do they have to pay for it as well?

Sure you will justify it with "because MS says its integral". But it's obviously not.
We are all waiting this answer my friend. Soon , soon.
 4 years ago '10        #93
space
space
 DreamChasers said:
We are all waiting this answer my friend. Soon , soon.
Yeah at Gamescom. I wanna see what Sony is cooking up too

I also wanna see what other functions the K2 has that will justify its inseparable packaging with the XB1
 4 years ago '04        #94
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
 Mr I 95 said:
 Ra-da-god said:
if you dont want to buy the kinect BUY a Playstation 4 its that simple this is the nature of competition the argument you people are making is knee deep in entitlement
stopped reading exactly here..

again...you think your not entitled as a customer or even possible customer??? you dumb entry level position a.ss n*gga
n*gga STFU you calling somebody dumb yet you spend every day trolling in the name of company for a product that doesn't benefit your life in no shape or form past entertainment I told you weeks ago to beat it with that lame sh*t bruh....

and if you would have kept reading you'd see exactly why I'm not entitled, I'm making my choice based on what both companies has laid before me and judging out of the box value but since you were too stupid to get that let me break it down once more

Xbox One - a multimedia hub with Voice control, smartglass integration and motion control built in at the center of the device to work together whether I'm gaming, surfing watching movies or socializing with friends all this is possible thx to kinect and I get all this for on top of a gaming machine for $499

Why this appeals to me: because I'll use it, I watch tv ALOT of it infact, I'll snap between Sports and skype then games and IE, I'll use Voice commands to navigate my Xbox and play games aswell as smartglass thus these features have value on top of the games I want to play.

Playstation 4 - A standard Gaming box with upgraded graphics and minor social features out of the box with the option of expanding on these features should I choose to invest in extra accessories.

why this doesn't appeal to me: besides gaming every selling point the Playstation has is ASKING ME TO BUY SOMETHING ELSE, Yeah Transference is cool but I have to buy a $250 device to take advantage of that, yeah the eyetoy is upscaled but now I'm being asked to pay an additional $60 for a device Devs may never touch because sony just fragmented their fanbase.....AGAIN, sure Gaikai sounds interesting but I have to buy the games over again in order to obtain BC....

just adding the Eye toy and and Vita alone puts the the ps4 over $700 if you want to match the value the X1 is giving out of the box for $200 cheaper,you n*ggas having been riding the $100 cheaper bandwagon for a month now but when I flip it and show what you get out of the box for each console proving the x1 has the better value for what you are paying for now I'm being entitled as a customer?

you are a child not even worth conversing with go play lil n*gga....

Last edited by Ra-da-god; 07-22-2013 at 05:17 PM..
 4 years ago '04        #95
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
 Jesszman said:
Not even close to being true. MS doesn't offer Remote Play so that's a whole nother feature. As for Smart Glass, there's the PlayStation App for that. You would only need to spend $60 to get what you're getting with the Xbox One, that's $460 VS $500
wasn't comparing smartglass to Remote play i was simply stating that if I wanted to partake in cross play I'd have to cop a $249 accessory to do so, lets not downplay it like this isn't one of the ps4's most prized features.........
 4 years ago '04        #96
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
 Mr I 95 said:
lmaooooo you been typing since that reply damn
go play lil n*gga I'm sure Foyt or chevy or more than willing to back and forth with you....
 4 years ago '11        #97
space
space
space
 Ra-da-god said:
wasn't comparing smartglass to Remote play i was simply stating that if I wanted to partake in cross play I'd have to cop a $249 accessory to do so, lets not downplay it like this isn't one of the ps4's most prized features.........
What are you talking about? The PlayStation App is like SmartGlass in that it allows you to control your console from your smartphone. Developers will also be making their second screen experiences for smartphones.
 4 years ago '04        #98
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
 Jesszman said:
What are you talking about? The PlayStation App is like SmartGlass in that it allows you to control your console from your smartphone. Developers will also be making their second screen experiences for smartphones.
we'll see how well that works.....

still not lessening my point about remote play or the camera should you want those things its a $300 pricetag I'm comaring that vs the added price with Kinect 2.0

if you were to match the features advertised features ps4 with Remote play and eye toy is over $700 dollars vs what you getting out the box with the X1

Last edited by Ra-da-god; 07-22-2013 at 05:29 PM..
 4 years ago '10        #99
space
space

I'm done with yall cats man. I'll be back to discuss this after Gamescom
 4 years ago '12        #100
DreamChasers 87 heat pts87
space
space
$6,899 | Props total: 777 777
 Ra-da-god said:
n*gga STFU you calling somebody dumb yet you spend every day trolling in the name of company for a product that doesn't benefit your life in no shape or form past entertainment I told you weeks ago to beat it with that lame sh*t bruh....

and if you would have kept reading you'd see exactly why I'm not entitled, I'm making my choice based on what both companies has laid before me and judging out of the box value but since you were too stupid to get that let me break it down once more

Xbox One - a multimedia hub with Voice control, smartglass integration and motion control built in at the center of the device to work together whether I'm gaming, surfing watching movies or socializing with friends all this is possible thx to kinect and I get all this for on top of a gaming machine for $499

Why this appeals to me: because I'll use it, I watch tv ALOT of it infact, I'll snap between Sports and skype then games and IE, I'll use Voice commands to navigate my Xbox and play games aswell as smartglass thus these features have value on top of the games I want to play.

Playstation 4 - A standard Gaming box with upgraded graphics and minor social features out of the box with the option of expanding on these features should I choose to invest in extra accessories.

why this doesn't appeal to me: besides gaming every selling point the Playstation has is ASKING ME TO BUY SOMETHING ELSE, Yeah Transference is cool but I have to buy a $250 device to take advantage of that, yeah the eyetoy is upscaled but now I'm being asked to pay an additional $60 for a device Devs may never touch because sony just fragmented their fanbase.....AGAIN, sure Gaikai sounds interesting but I have to buy the games over again in order to obtain BC....

just adding the Eye toy and and Vita alone puts the the ps4 over $700 if you want to match the value the X1 is giving out of the box for $200 cheaper,you n*ggas having been riding the $100 cheaper bandwagon for a month now but when I flip it and show what you get out of the box for each console proving the x1 has the better value for what you are paying for now I'm being entitled as a customer?

you are a child not even worth conversing with go play lil n*gga....
show me where xbox gives you a handheld gaming device with remoteplay?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
36 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
75 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now