Why Microsoft won't sell Xbox One without Kinect

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
209 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
136 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
52 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
50 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '05        #61
Krazie 134 heat pts134
space
space
$45,868 | Props total: 20867 20867
 Mr I 95 said:
what did i say...the people complaining dont give a sh*t how its used...they dont want it period...i dont give a sh*t if you can blink twice to change the channel...its not appealing at all there is not a single thing imaginable that makes it appealing ...i dont give a sh*t if i can turn my head to look another way..it is not appealing...i dont care that i could skype ..it is not appealing

i want to play games and play games alone without moving anything but my thumbs

what dont you get????? people aint complaining because they dont understand it..they are complaining because they dont want it period...at all..nothing...zero...zip...nada,,,nil...we have computers if we want to video chat...and we still dont...
It's not appealing to you, but the Xbox One isn't appealing to you either, so it wouldn't matter if there was a model without the Kinect. We all here know you wouldn't buy one regardless.
 4 years ago '10        #62
SwooshWonder 13 heat pts13
space
space
$25,316 | Props total: 8297 8297
I'm not getting one but I'm just looking at it from a common sense perspective as a consumer. Idk why yall are going so hard to justify having to pay for an extraneous device.
 4 years ago '11        #63
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
I still want to know what about the Kinect makes it needed for the Xbox One to function.
 4 years ago '12        #64
Faythung 1389 heat pts1389
space
space
$15,191 | Props total: 9800 9800
 sm00vb0iiw0nder said:
I'm not getting one but I'm just looking at it from a common sense perspective as a consumer. Idk why yall are going so hard to justify having to pay for an extraneous device.
I'm buying a PS4 so I'm not trying to justify anything, I just don't think it's such a big problem.
 4 years ago '05        #65
Krazie 134 heat pts134
space
space
$45,868 | Props total: 20867 20867
 sm00vb0iiw0nder said:
I bought the original Kinect and use it from time to time, and I'll use Kinect 2.0 especially with a lot of the features they're touting. The $100 extra on the price tag doesn't affect me, especially considering it would probably end up costing more if they separated the X1 and the Kinect.
 4 years ago '06        #66
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
 chevyrida6 said:
ok

[pic - click to view]

or

[pic - click to view]

both 499
 chevyrida6 said:
what the fu*k is wrong with a camera in 2013

do you not have a smart phone

laptop

desktop

tablet

^ all of them have mandatory cameras

you go to a atm

camera

stop lights

camera

stores

camera

schools

cameras

they are everywherre and you cant do sh*t

who is somebody on here that chevy likes? we need somebody he looks up to, to tell him how retarded he is in order for him to finally understand

u can tell he struggles to make simple points..he just takes bits and pieces of things other people have said and tries to reformulate them in his own retarded way there's no way this man's brain hasnt been deprived of oxygen at some point
 4 years ago '12        #67
DreamChasers 87 heat pts87
space
space
$6,899 | Props total: 777 777
 Jesszman said:
I still want to know what about the Kinect makes it needed for the Xbox One to function.
In august Gamescom is going to be in Germany its going to showcase more features from both systems and new games.
 4 years ago '05        #68
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,616 | Props total: 13676 13676
 sm00vb0iiw0nder said:
@Ra

I would say that in regards to consoles, both "fragmentation" and a closed system can provide different types of innovation and growth for gaming.

IMO to compare like you did, Sony is taking the Android route while Microsoft is aiming for the iPhone route. Options, options, options for Sony. You have the option for the PS4 camera, you have overwhelming support of indies which in turn churns out more quality games. You can have the indies dabble in PS4 camera only games, touchpad only games, PS4-Vita game hybrids, whatever. Just like Android has its Launchers and sh*t like that.

Microsoft only wants you to do things a certain way and in the way that they envisioned, just like Apple and the iPhone. And they will progress according to a strict guideline that they set.

But it's also necessary to mention that Sony giving consumers options is a must because they have multiple platforms and they want each platform to be organic with the other like an ecosystem.

2 diff types of possible experiences but at the end of the day it's just a preference
This dude tried to compare Android to Playstation 4. What in thee f*ck?
 4 years ago '11        #69
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
 Y.G. said:
He's talking about the Closed VS Open ecosystems.
 4 years ago '10        #70
space
space
Yeah I guess at Gamescom we will learn more about if it is required to browse the XB1 or play games. Those are the main requirements in my eyes to justify having to pay for it just to get the console.

Otherwise Micro is just raping many people. Clever business tactic but it's underhanded
 4 years ago '05        #71
Nyse03 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,427 | Props total: 2902 2902
 Mr I 95 said:
because what if someone wants an xbox without a spybox ...i dont see what there isnt to get

its a gaming console...when do gaming consoles need a camera?? fu*k that "you dont see the vision of the future" sh*t...i know myself as everyone knows themselves..and the people complaining dont give a sh*t how amazing the features will be..they do not want to move their arms for anything in game...it is not appealing in the slightest fraction to people that are against it...

it is a burden period
Please tell me you aren't this stupid. There is no spybox. And the X1 is an ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM first and foremost. That means gaming is only a part of that. Having a camera on your entertainment system is a great idea because it enhances entertainment. You sound upset at Microsoft expanding the capabilities of its console.

Microsoft is not going to sit back and watch Nintendo soak up another 100 million casual gamers. Do they thought ahead. If you don't want a camera then buy a Playstation. They decided at the last minute not to bundle theirs (it wasn't going yo compare anyway). Next gen satisfies everyone. Choose what suits you.

But just like I wouldn't buy a phone without a camera, I wouldn't buy an entertainment console without one either.
 4 years ago '10        #72
space
space
 Y.G. said:
I was replying to a post about the comparison. But it does make sense if you think about it
 4 years ago '04        #73
One-O-One 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,198 | Props total: 8912 8912
$499 is a reasonable price for what youre getting in the box.

I would prefer a no-Kinect version, but i understand why MS is doing this so im not sweatin it.

I was actually expecting PS4 to be $499 too...
 4 years ago '05        #74
Nyse03 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,427 | Props total: 2902 2902
 sm00vb0iiw0nder said:
It's not mandatory for the console to be able to be used (as in you don't have to use it to access the XB1). And comparing it to needing a controller to play a game is ridiculous because it's not mandatory for games.

Like I said, unless the Kinect 2 is required to play games on the XB1 or required for certain functions of the XB1, it will be forgotten. People aren't rushing out to get an XB1 because it "does more than game". The people getting it in the first place are getting it because it is recognized as a gaming console first. Anything else is just a bonus.

Corrct me if I'm mistaken in the first sentence.
The Kinect IS required for certain features to function.

And I am rushing to get an X1 because it does more than game. Im getting one because it has a Kinect. Otherwise why would I bet get a PS4? Isn't it more powerful and cheaper? If I was only concerned with strictly gaming that would be the obvious choice. But without a state-of-the-art camera, that console seems stuck in the past.
 4 years ago '07        #75
moe4484 4 heat pts
space
space
$8,661 | Props total: 1132 1132
 Mr I 95 said:
they dont HAVE to...but you dont HAVE to breath either..u can die if u want

as much as ive pointed out that i didnt have my mind made up pre e3 and i would of sh*tted on either console that fu*ked up...i was hoping for sony to win...ps3 is what i know..i follow their exclusives more

if sony fu*ked up like xbox did id still cop a ps4 but i wouldnt exactly be happy ..id say fu*k they gotta change this sh*t xbox wining

to deny the fact that many people out there will still buy xbox but dont want the camera is ridiculous
Im not saying you're a fanboy for Sony but maybe you should just stick to posting about the PS4
 4 years ago '10        #76
space
space
 Nyse03 said:
The Kinect IS required for certain features to function.

And I am rushing to get an X1 because it does more than game. Im getting one because it has a Kinect. Otherwise why would I bet get a PS4? Isn't it more powerful and cheaper? If I was only concerned with strictly gaming that would be the obvious choice. But without a state-of-the-art camera, that console seems stuck in the past.
For the bolded, I asked you twice to correct me if I was wrong. You never did. And by "required for certain functions of the XB1", I'm talking about browsing the OS, NOT playing games that have the option of using Kinect or purely Kinect games.

And you're taking the sentence out of context. GAMERS are buying the XB1 because it is recognized as a gaming console FIRST regardless of what Microsoft markets it as. People aren't lining up to buy it because it can play TV. Understand?

Because of this, if the Kinect isn't required to play games on the console or required to browse the system, it will be seen as just another gimmick and be forgotten unless a real incentive comes up

Last edited by SwooshWonder; 07-22-2013 at 03:51 PM..
 4 years ago '04        #77
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,744 | Props total: 1555 1555
 sm00vb0iiw0nder said:
I was replying to a post about the comparison. But it does make sense if you think about it
nah it doesn't fragmentation is the biggest hindrance to android as a platform and for all the innovation in Ps4's cross play and New camera feature's implies that same fragmentation will stifle those features as most Sony games will choose not to buy them.....

I like android as a platform but I wont deny apple's overall better functionality due to having a closed ecosystem, in that regard I understand what M$ is trying to do
 4 years ago '05        #78
PhrozenMenace 
space
space
$14,036 | Props total: 1400 1400
it seems like the answers to why kinect is truly needed for the xbox to function will not be answered
 4 years ago '12        #79
DreamChasers 87 heat pts87
space
space
$6,899 | Props total: 777 777
 One-O-One said:
$499 is a reasonable price for what youre getting in the box.

I would prefer a no-Kinect version, but i understand why MS is doing this so im not sweatin it.

I was actually expecting PS4 to be $499 too...
Yea definately, no one is saying your not getting your values worth. Like the Dev said Kinect is like $200-300 make each and I believe him. What is it 3 cameras, sensors, infared, microphone. Dude makes a good point.

I might get a X1 down the line. Im a gamer.. I hold no sides! I only want to play the best games :P

Forza 5, Halo 5, KI, Dead Rising.. Those are all TRIPLE AAA titles.
 4 years ago '07        #80
moe4484 4 heat pts
space
space
$8,661 | Props total: 1132 1132
 Mr I 95 said:
im a fanboy of games ....sony puts out the better games...if every exclusive was flipped AND the consoles flipped id be xbox all the way i dont ride for a name

Mr I 95 said:
or the mass complaints and backlash that you have seen in every corner of the internet ...if this was my opinion alone i would take that and shut the fu*k up....but it aint just me

and i would of bought one if they came with heat...all i was saying is that id give SONY a lot more leeway in terms of fu*king up before i said im not getting one at all

i cant front if the roles were reversed i would definitely still get a ps4..but it would not be my first system id get x1 first...and it would be a good wait until a good amount of dope exclusives came out
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
15 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
15 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
33 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
50 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Rick Rossí Longtime Manager Black Bo Has Died
47 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
63 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy