Why Microsoft won't sell Xbox One without Kinect

most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
86 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
193 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
79 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
15 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '06        #41
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
 Msirae said:
You said no one wants a camera, but 20+ million went out and bought one.
20million didnt go out and spend $500 on base model either.
 4 years ago '05        #42
Nyse03 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,432 | Props total: 2905 2905
 sm00vb0iiw0nder said:
Maybe

But the point I was tryna get across was that it does come mandatory if you want the XB1 but will NOT be mandatory for XB1 games. And because of it being still being optional for games, it will end up just like the first Kinect. An item with temporary shine.

I understand if it was an integral part of the XB1 gaming experience and you couldn't play 1st party XB1 games without it but that's not the case here (correct me if I'm wrong)

I won't be getting an XB1 but I think my opinion that customers shouldn't be forced to pay for Kinect is valid.
Thats like saying customers shouldn't be forced buy a controller for the system. IT'S MANDATORY. The system does more than game, most of these other features require a Kinect. Not only first party devs will utilize it. But as you read above Battlefield 4 will utilize it as well as the Witcher. And you can guarantee most sports games will use it. The Kinect will be heavily used.
 4 years ago '12        #43
Faythung 1389 heat pts1389
space
space
$15,205 | Props total: 9811 9811
 Mr I 95 said:
the bundled kinnect? dont think you can call it going out and buying one

and for those that actually did buy it separately im sure it was more out of curiousity only to be disappointed and/or not entertained now it collects dust

i bet 20 million people bout a snuggie too

as far as the game if that was serious...if you give people a free cup and then theres only one major drink in the world...guess what beverage is gonna sell the most in that cup
I don't care about the game I was just making a point as to how many people have/had a Kinect. I don't really understand why people are so against it, if someone wants to spend $500 on a console with a camera and not $400 on a console without one, what's the big deal.

Someone who doesn't want a Kinect but still wants a console has a brilliant alternative in the PS4, it's not like you have to get an Xbox or you're never gonna game again.
 4 years ago '05        #44
Krazie 134 heat pts134
space
space
$45,910 | Props total: 21069 21069
 Mr I 95 said:
the bundled kinnect? dont think you can call it going out and buying one

and for those that actually did buy it separately im sure it was more out of curiousity only to be disappointed and/or not entertained now it collects dust

i bet 20 million people bout a snuggie too

as far as the game if that was serious...if you give people a free cup and then theres only one major drink in the world...guess what beverage is gonna sell the most in that cup
There are a lot of people that use and like the Kinect for various reasons, and I'm sure they'll quite enjoy the improved model. Whether or not you or I like it or use it is one thing, but there are clear markets out there that enjoy it.

And yes, Kinect Adventures is the top selling 360 game, just like Wii Sports was the top selling Wii game and Super Mario Bros was the top selling NES game. When something's bundled with the system/device, it's obviously gonna sell well.
 4 years ago '12        #45
DreamChasers 87 heat pts87
space
space
$6,899 | Props total: 777 777
I love you xbox fans but you are delusional. How many of you have Kinect right now in your house? oh you have one well good for you. How about the next guy, the next guy and the next guy? Lets see near 100 million xbox 360s were sold, and only 24 million kinects. As it stands right now, people who do not want Kinect are going to fork over $100 extra for a product they do not want to even use.

What I think is Xbox is not going to do that to people. They will release another price point. But after maybe a year of Xbox 1 Sales bundled with kinect. They will let people get suckered in first. Otherwise what are you going to pay for a game bundled with x1.. $549.99?

that is a laughable price. No one is going to pay that in one day.
 4 years ago '12        #46
space
space
 Mr I 95 said:
because what if someone wants an xbox without a spybox ...i dont see what there isnt to get

its a gaming console...when do gaming consoles need a camera?? fu*k that "you dont see the vision of the future" sh*t...i know myself as everyone knows themselves..and the people complaining dont give a sh*t how amazing the features will be..they do not want to move their arms for anything in game...it is not appealing in the slightest fraction to people that are against it...

it is a burden period
I don't personally give a sh*t about the camera, I haven't seen any game that I really care about utilize it well yet and I don't care about turning my Xbox on or switching between TV/movies/games with my voice.

But I understand that if everyone who owns an X1 has a Kinect then it gives developers much more of an incentive to do something great with it, right now why would a developer bother spending time doing anything Kinect related if it's only gonna reach 20-30% of the people buying the product, with the X1 it will reach 100% of them.
 4 years ago '04        #47
D. Norman 6 heat pts
space
space
$14,888 | Props total: 2043 2043
I'm not buying an xbox ever again since I heard g. Zimmerman got one
 4 years ago '10        #48
SwooshWonder 13 heat pts13
space
space
$25,317 | Props total: 8298 8298
 Nyse03 said:
Thats like saying customers shouldn't be forced buy a controller for the system. IT'S MANDATORY. The system does more than game, most of these other features require a Kinect. Not only first party devs will utilize it. But as you read above Battlefield 4 will utilize it as well as the Witcher. And you can guarantee most sports games will use it. The Kinect will be heavily used.
It's not mandatory for the console to be able to be used (as in you don't have to use it to access the XB1). And comparing it to needing a controller to play a game is ridiculous because it's not mandatory for games.

Like I said, unless the Kinect 2 is required to play games on the XB1 or required for certain functions of the XB1, it will be forgotten. People aren't rushing out to get an XB1 because it "does more than game". The people getting it in the first place are getting it because it is recognized as a gaming console first. Anything else is just a bonus.

Corrct me if I'm mistaken in the first sentence.
 4 years ago '12        #49
space
space
 Fly or Die said:
so much fail in this post
i estimated the numbers a bit so what.

go pay $500 for a sh*tty system
 4 years ago '05        #50
Krazie 134 heat pts134
space
space
$45,910 | Props total: 21069 21069
 Mr I 95 said:
which is why it should be sold separately

again...whats is there not to get in the argument?

selling it separately hurts no one
They are marketing as an integral part of the system.. End of. I'm not sure what there's not to get about that argument. It's yet to be seen how developers use it to their advantage, but it gives them much more incentive to do innovative mechanics since everyone with an X1 will have the Kinect.
 4 years ago '12        #51
space
space
 Krazie said:
They are marketing as an integral part of the system.. End of. I'm not sure what there's not to get about that argument. It's yet to be seen how developers use it to their advantage, but it gives them much more incentive to do innovative mechanics since everyone with an X1 will have the Kinect.
Krazie's right but I dont see developers getting really excited about this. Then again not every game will feature Kinect controls. Probably like 1 or 2 that come with a Dev Kit. Like if you say Load Game "Krazie" that sh*t will probably come standard on a lot of games.
 4 years ago '12        #52
space
space
 Mr I 95 said:
what did i say...the people complaining dont give a sh*t how its used...they dont want it period...i dont give a sh*t if you can blink twice to change the channel...its not appealing at all there is not a single thing imaginable that makes it appealing ...i dont give a sh*t if i can turn my head to look another way..it is not appealing...i dont care that i could skype ..it is not appealing

i want to play games and play games alone without moving anything but my thumbs

what dont you get????? people aint complaining because they dont understand it..they are complaining because they dont want it period...at all..nothing...zero...zip...nada,,,nil...we have computers if we want to video chat...and we still dont...

Exactly and even Microsoft sticks to this plan they are losing a lot of customers who have never paid over $400 for a system
 4 years ago '07        #53
moe4484 4 heat pts
space
space
$8,668 | Props total: 1135 1135
 Nyse03 said:
I think some people are missing this as well. The kinect is not strictly for gaming and seeing how when MS unveiled the XB1 one of their selling points was that you can play games and snap in skype to part of the screen. It would have been a mistake to talk about how well skype would be integrated into the XB1 and then turn around and say you only get this feature if you ALSO buy kinect 2.0. As for the gaming side even non first party devs will figure out a way to get more out of kinect I mean BF4 is already on board as well as the Witcher and if not on this release I'd bet the next COD will have kinect features and I personally dont play COD but I bet it will sway alot of kids
 4 years ago '10        #54
space
space
All I'm saying is that if the Kinect 2 isn't required to play XB1 games and it isn't required to navigate the console, you shouldn't have to pay for it just to get the console. Sure Micro is marketing it as "integral" but if it isn't required to do the above, it isn't. Therefore, it should be an option.

But surely people will find reasons to justify the payment of an item that obviously should be optional.

Isn't like they are gonna make it optional anyway but I'm speaking for the people who won't use it like that/could care less about it. Shouldn't have to waste their money.
 4 years ago '12        #55
space
space
 sm00vb0iiw0nder said:
All I'm saying is that if the Kinect 2 isn't required to play XB1 games and it isn't required to navigate the console, you shouldn't have to pay for it just to get the console. Sure Micro is marketing it as "integral" but if it isn't required to do the above, it isn't. Therefore, it should be an option.

But surely people will find reasons to justify the payment of an item that obviously should be optional.

Isn't like they are gonna make it optional anyway but I'm speaking for the people who won't use it like that/could care less about it. Shouldn't have to waste their money.
I don't get why people say they HAVE to waste their money, or they have NO choices. 99% of people who buy an X1 are obviously gonna be fine with the camera and the price or they wouldn't buy it.
 4 years ago '12        #56
space
space
 Msirae said:
I don't get why people say they HAVE to waste their money, or they have NO choices. 99% of people who buy an X1 are obviously gonna be fine with the camera and the price or they wouldn't buy it.
what about 99% of people that don't buy the Xbox 1?

I just can't take microsoft seriously here, why are they changing the formula so much....theres gotta be something behind it......
 4 years ago '10        #57
space
space
 Msirae said:
That's not the point. That's called settling when there are no other options available to you. People that want the system are primarily getting it for games. Because they want to play the games, they will pay the extra $100 for the Kinect that comes with the console, even if they don't want it.

Simple trick but it works.

What I'm saying is that because the Kinect 2 isn't required to play XB1 games or required to access the XB1, you should not have to pay for it. It isn't like the Wii where the sole way to play the games for it and to access the console itself is to use the motion controller.

Last edited by SwooshWonder; 07-22-2013 at 03:15 PM..
 4 years ago '12        #58
space
space
 Mr I 95 said:
with the money they lose in sales they will make up for by changing the policy and monitoring your heart rate for ads
see its a spybox.. people are right just like how they were right about the bundles before even hearing it at e3.

Xbox one Chorus

Ready Or Not, Here I Come, You Can't Hide
Gonna Find You and Take it Slowly
Ready Or Not, Here I Come, You Can't Hide
Gonna Find You and Make you want me.
 4 years ago '12        #59
space
space
 Mr I 95 said:
they dont HAVE to...but you dont HAVE to breath either..u can die if u want

as much as ive pointed out that i didnt have my mind made up pre e3 and i would of sh*tted on either console that fu*ked up...i was hoping for sony to win...ps3 is what i know..i follow their exclusives more

if sony fu*ked up like xbox did id still cop a ps4 but i wouldnt exactly be happy ..id say fu*k they gotta change this sh*t xbox wining

to deny the fact that many people out there will still buy xbox but dont want the camera is ridiculous
But they're willing to buy the damn console even with the camera, if people don't want it they won't buy it.
 4 years ago '12        #60
space
space
 Msirae said:
But they're willing to buy the damn console even with the camera, if people don't want it they won't buy it.
do you see the problem with what you are saying? people do not want the kinect
Home      

most viewed right now
joie chavis
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
52 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
87 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
92 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New Pictures Of DG Yola In Jail
71 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC Watch Season 10 Teaser
56 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
64 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy