Why Microsoft won't sell Xbox One without Kinect

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
136 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
58 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
63 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside January Rose
10 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '07        #21
capone3pbs 7 heat pts
space
space
$17,136 | Props total: 4566 4566
Simply put... if you don't want it then don't buy it

people who will get it will still buy it regardless if it comes with kinect or not.
 4 years ago '06        #22
ChevyBrah 216 heat pts216 OP
space
space
space
$15,404 | Props total: 961 961
if you dont have a ps4/x1 controller can you operate the console nope

if you disable kinect can it still operate yes

accessories
 4 years ago '05        #23
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,614 | Props total: 13674 13674
Soraci's gettin out of line again. Is it that time?
 4 years ago '06        #24
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
 Y.G. said:
Soraci's gettin out of line again. Is it that time?
Fu*k up troll.
 4 years ago '06        #25
ChevyBrah 216 heat pts216 OP
space
space
space
$15,404 | Props total: 961 961
 Mr I 95 said:
the point is that people that dont want it will still buy it...because they are xbox fans...they dont have a choice...its fu*ked up
what the fu*k is wrong with a camera in 2013

do you not have a smart phone

laptop

desktop

tablet

^ all of them have mandatory cameras

you go to a atm

camera

stop lights

camera

stores

camera

schools

cameras

they are everywherre and you cant do sh*t

4 years ago '10        #26
SwooshWonder 13 heat pts13
space
space
$25,316 | Props total: 8297 8297
Keeping it real, all that talking to your console sh*t and waving your hands around sh*t (if some form of voice command or motion sensing is mandatory in their first party games) is just an annoyance to most gamers. But if these things aren't mandatory, then Microsoft saying Kinect is an integral part of the XB1 is false.

Knowing Microsoft, they seem to like to force things upon their customers so voice and motion control very well may end up mandatory for their first party games.

But like I said, if it isn't mandatory for their first party games then you shouldn't have to pay for the Kinect just to get the console.

Last edited by SwooshWonder; 07-22-2013 at 01:24 PM..
 4 years ago '04        #27
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,744 | Props total: 1555 1555
 Soraci7 said:
There's no way in hell I'm shelling out $1400 dollars for both systems with warranties/controllers and only 1 game for each system again. It was fine last gen when HD gaming was brand new on consoles & felt revolutionary, and even then the consoles were a year apart. But to do it now is just fu*king retarded.

I'm not either I dont need both right now, I'm going with the X1 because it has all the games I want to play for the next couple years along with better out the box features that i'll actually use its better value fro me right now.....

when the Ps4 gets atleast 5 games i want to play and comes down to maybe $299 I'll cop one that was always gonna be the plan dont have time for two new console especially since I'm still playing 360 and ps3
 07-22-2013, 01:23 PM         #28
LaRy BLanco 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ra-da-god said:
I'm excited about the kinect
same here, was gonna by one with the console even if it wasnt bundled with it
anyway

thank u based M$

Last edited by LaRy BLanco; 07-22-2013 at 01:25 PM..
 4 years ago '06        #29
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
 Ra-da-god said:
I'm not either I dont need both right now, I'm going with the X1 because it has all the games I want to play for the next couple years along with better out the box features that i'll actually use its better value fro me right now.....

when the Ps4 gets atleast 5 games i want to play and comes down to maybe $299 I'll cop one that was always gonna be the plan dont have time for two new console especially since I'm still playing 360 and ps3

Do you I can respect that, if people want to drop $1400 on 2 consoles and a game for each one let them make that decision. Personally don't see how thats worth that money.

IMO gaming this gen will be more divided then last gen due to how HD console gaming is not new anymore & multiconsole gaming will be at a lesser %.
 4 years ago '06        #30
Prince Ace 35 heat pts35
space
space
$15,717 | Props total: 8899 8899
 chevyrida6 said:
what the fu*k is wrong with a camera in 2013

do you not have a smart phone

laptop

desktop

tablet

^ all of them have mandatory cameras

you go to a atm

camera

stop lights

camera

stores

camera

schools

cameras

they are everywherre and you cant do sh*t

the difference is, you can actually buy a laptop/desktop with and WITHOUT a camera if you please, Microsoft is forcing you to have it connected at all times. do i own a webcam? yes i do but its not connected unless i want it connected. "low power state" doesnt mean "off". dont get me wrong, i think the OG Kinect is a dope piece of hardware but it wasnt utilized very well, i think the Kinect 2 is a dope piece of hardware but forcing it to be connected at all times in order for the console to work is stupid because you can still navigate the menus without it.
 4 years ago '07        #31
capone3pbs 7 heat pts
space
space
$17,136 | Props total: 4566 4566
 Mr I 95 said:
the point is that people that dont want it will still buy it...because they are xbox fans...they dont have a choice...its fu*ked up
So now you're telling me Microsoft is forcing people to buy their system? They have no choice?

All those xbox fans u speak of were either sony ps2 or dreamcast fans before the xbox even showed up so that proves that you do have choices... has it ever occurred to u that the problems you're stating the X one has are maybe not problems to other gamers

And if does bother them then can easily go to another system that is supposedly superior and $100 cheaper than than the xbox right? So how come they don't have a choice?
 4 years ago '04        #32
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,744 | Props total: 1555 1555
all this back and forth is pointless and its exactly what I feared would come if M$ changed their policy even though I knew that had to for the X1 to have a chance, since gamers got their way with DRM (justified) now they feel the need to bi*ch and complain about everything till they are appeased it is the very definition of entitlement.....smh

We want choices blah blah blah
you have a choice its called the competition, if you want a multimedia hub with an amazing gaming lineup and cool out of the box features pay the extra $100 and get the Xbox One if all you want is the standard out of the box gaming experience with updated graphics and every other next gen feature as a paid accessory get the Playstation 4 its that simple.....

fu*k FRAGMENTATION! it literally BREAKS devices and by far is the single biggest factor holding back great platforms like Android

multiple handsets with multiple specs is what continues to hold the innovation back from the platform and is slap in the face to the unification purposes of Ice cream sandwhich...

the reason why apple thrives is because its a closed ecosystem every device is the same thats why it has a much more quicker and robust app market because at any given time devs only have to concentrate on 3 or so devices vs the 100 hundreds of different android tablets and phones....

Last edited by Ra-da-god; 07-22-2013 at 01:44 PM..
 4 years ago '10        #33
space
space
@Ra

I would say that in regards to consoles, both "fragmentation" and a closed system can provide different types of innovation and growth for gaming.

IMO to compare like you did, Sony is taking the Android route while Microsoft is aiming for the iPhone route. Options, options, options for Sony. You have the option for the PS4 camera, you have overwhelming support of indies which in turn churns out more quality games. You can have the indies dabble in PS4 camera only games, touchpad only games, PS4-Vita game hybrids, whatever. Just like Android has its Launchers and sh*t like that.

Microsoft only wants you to do things a certain way and in the way that they envisioned, just like Apple and the iPhone. And they will progress according to a strict guideline that they set.

But it's also necessary to mention that Sony giving consumers options is a must because they have multiple platforms and they want each platform to be organic with the other like an ecosystem.

2 diff types of possible experiences but at the end of the day it's just a preference
 4 years ago '05        #34
Nyse03 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,427 | Props total: 2902 2902
The original Kinect moved 10s of millions of units and it's primitive compared to this one. Microsoft is looking to win over the casual as well as the hardcore gamers. They'll be fine.

And the new Kinect is actually the selling point for me. Without it I probably would have considered a Playstation because its cheaper. But that Playstation Eye is caveman in comparison so I'll pass.
 4 years ago '12        #35
Faythung 1389 heat pts1389
space
space
$15,191 | Props total: 9800 9800
Isn't Kinect Adventures the best selling Xbox 360 game due to it being bundled with the Kinect. People obviously want it.
 4 years ago '10        #36
space
space
 Nyse03 said:
The original Kinect moved 10s of millions of units and it's primitive compared to this one. Microsoft is looking to win over the casual as well as the hardcore gamers. They'll be fine.

And the new Kinect is actually the selling point for me. Without it I probably would have considered a Playstation because its cheaper. But that Playstation Eye is caveman in comparison so I'll pass.
It moved units because it came bundled for cheap. But you also have to realize that most people who bought it don't really use it. It lost it's initial luster.
 4 years ago '12        #37
space
space
 Mr I 95 said:
 4 years ago '05        #38
Nyse03 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,427 | Props total: 2902 2902
 sm00vb0iiw0nder said:
It moved units because it came bundled for cheap. But you also have to realize that most people who bought it don't really use it. It lost it's initial luster.
Because it was the first rendition AND optional, so developers (some) ignored it.

This version is epic and received much more attention from Microsoft. And it's mandatory so developers will utilize it one way or another. When casual gamers see the two systems on the shelf, they'll lean more towards getting the X1 just because of the Kinect. It just screams futuristic, very similar to them drooling over the Wii for its motion gaming.
 4 years ago '12        #39
space
space
 Mr I 95 said:
not sure if serious
You said no one wants a camera, but 20+ million went out and bought one.
 4 years ago '10        #40
space
space
 Nyse03 said:
Because it was the first rendition AND optional, so developers (some) ignored it.

This version is epic and received much more attention from Microsoft. And it's mandatory so developers will utilize it one way or another. When casual gamers see the two systems on the shelf, they'll lean more towards getting the X1 just because of the Kinect. It just screams futuristic, very similar to them drooling over the Wii for its motion gaming.
Maybe

But the point I was tryna get across was that it does come mandatory if you want the XB1 but will NOT be mandatory for XB1 games. And because of it being still being optional for games, it will end up just like the first Kinect. An item with temporary shine.

I understand if it was an integral part of the XB1 gaming experience and you couldn't play 1st party XB1 games without it but that's not the case here (correct me if I'm wrong)

I won't be getting an XB1 but I think my opinion that customers shouldn't be forced to pay for Kinect is valid.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
67 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
1 day ago