Jul 21 - Obama quietly institutes mandatory HIV testing

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
137 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
58 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside January Rose
11 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '05        #41
Panopticon 42 heat pts42
space
space
$23,924 | Props total: 11287 11287
 TB said:
recommendation is the new word for mandatory now
Exactly. This is a sh*tty thread.

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '04        #42
dre03 
space
space
$10,167 | Props total: 2448 2448
Are n*ggas in here really upset about mandatory HIV tests???

You dirty motherfu*kers should be getting these anyway... Thats the main reason the sh*t spreads...

4 years ago '05        #43
Adamsville 131 heat pts131
space
space
$12,433 | Props total: 589 589
errr... nothing in the article says anything about mandatory HIV testing...

beyond that, executive order are not laws
 4 years ago '13        #44
BC is that Guy 
space
space
space
$3,108 | Props total: 110 110
 videoshirt said:
mandatory aids test?

thas that sh*t i don't like

for real though.. NO. if people want to be safe from aids they can be celibate or get married.. otherwise there's a risk.. it kinda comes with the territory and the whole nation knows it already.. so get out of here with the bullsh*t.. no one is taking your stupid test

U got something to hide breh?????
 4 years ago '07        #45
Daville502 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,776 | Props total: 1302 1302
I missed the part where this is a bad thing. Im sure you scared cats will be able to opt-out.
 4 years ago '09        #46
messy marv stan 4530 heat pts4530
space
space
$53,704 | Props total: 66431 66431
the next person immaculated to lead the new regime will keep obama care
dont fall for the new puppet claiming that there gonna repeal this massive tax hike
 4 years ago '05        #47
lilmeaty6122 
space
space
space
$780 | Props total: 1 1
I'll pass on taking those HIV tests

[video - click to view]

4 years ago '07        #48
Ham Rove 3510 heat pts3510
space
space
$55,195 | Props total: 19753 19753
Sensatiolist headline is sensationalist.
notice how he took the headline from that conservative rag of a website, but used the article from Reuters lol

funny how even the dude who wrote the original (where op got the headline) came back and said he exaggerated it.
Update from Thomas Lifson:

I am probably guilty of exaggeration in the headline and theme. I should have used the world "universal" instead of "mandatory." Nothing in the executive order requires a blood draw, at least for now.
some more "Obama is coming for you" fear mongering.

Last edited by Ham Rove; 07-22-2013 at 08:53 PM..
 4 years ago '04        #49
focused313 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,097 | Props total: 1337 1337
 cubes said:

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '04        #50
focused313 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,097 | Props total: 1337 1337
 specialk103185 said:
it doesn't say mandatory...but there really should be some way to get people to take a test and make sure they aren't silently k!lling people. Why is it OK to have HIV and pass that sh*t on to somebody else just because you don't want to know? Even if it was mandatory, I would take it in a heartbeat. All the government really has to do to get people to take it is cut their benefits or hold their tax refund check until they take the test. It's just a quick swab in your mouth, what's the big deal?
I agree, but American's hate to be told they have to do something. It doesn't matter if it's wearing a seatbelt/helmet or taking aids test. Someone, somewhere, doesn't want to participate. On the flip side, I do understand that there are people who are not s3xually active and for them to have to submit to hiv testing is wrong.

Nowhere in this article did I see he was MAKING anyone do anything. Republicans and white america would bomb this country before they let him mandate a damn thing.
 4 years ago '08        #51
precice3 
space
space
$450 | Props total: 37 37
 cubes said:

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '04        #52
bw5011 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,594 | Props total: 366 366
 Quest7 said:
There are two REAL reasons for AIDS test, both that have nothing to do with AIDS.One is to construct a comprehensive National DNA Database for all persons living in the US. Welcome to the Brave New World, comrade.

dumb fu*ks like you are the reason diseases and lies run marathons and not stopped in their tracks... .
 4 years ago '11        #53
keen77 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,252 | Props total: 1 1
The new order follows recommendations this year from the U.S. Preventive Service Task Force that all 15 to 65 year olds be screened for HIV infection, something that will be covered under Obama's signature heath reform, the Affordable Care Act.
So yes, Screwhead and the thread title are correct, HIV testing IS becoming mandatory.

Last edited by keen77; 07-22-2013 at 10:31 PM..
 07-22-2013, 11:36 PM         #54
conscious thug 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 keen77 said:
So yes, Screwhead and the thread title are correct, HIV testing IS becoming mandatory.
Jesus Christ, how fu*king difficult is it to read?? What is it about this site that just acts as a huge magnetic pull for ignorant people who can't/won't fu*king read?

The "ORDER" was for better coordination! Not mandatory testing.

Read, people. Reading is fundamental.

Alerts said:
An executive order from the White House, which follows renewed criticism of Obama's AIDS strategy during his visit to Africa in late June and early July, called for better coordination of the national effort.

Obama's order said that recent studies had shown that aggressive testing and early treatment can have a significant impact in preventing transmission of the human immunodeficiency virus that causes AIDS.

"In light of these data, we must further clarify and focus our national efforts to prevent and treat HIV infection," it said. "This acceleration will enable us to meet the goals of the Strategy and move closer to an AIDS-free generation."

The order said a working group chaired by Grant Colfax, director of the Office of National AIDS Policy, and Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius would have 180 days to deliver recommendations to the president.

The HIV Care Continuum Working Group will gather information from federal agencies on HIV testing and care, review HIV research, and recommend ways to accelerate and improve HIV treatment and care, it said.

The new order follows recommendations this year from the U.S. Preventive Service Task Force that all 15 to 65 year olds be screened for HIV infection, something that will be covered under Obama's signature heath reform, the Affordable Care Act.

Nearly one in five of the estimated 1.1 million people with HIV in the United States are undiagnosed, and a third are still not receiving medical care, even though antiretroviral drugs can forestall long-term health risks of the disease and cut the risk of transmission by as much as 96 percent.

07-23-2013, 09:33 AM         #55
diggie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Screwhead said:
Screw...nothing you put up points out that the actual test would be mandatory.....
 4 years ago '05        #56
Dun Language 3970 heat pts3970
space
space
$75,843 | Props total: 30032 30032
they need to start making people with hiv public knowledge..a search engine just like u do with s3x offenders. fu*k your privacy i wanna know if u have hiv.
 4 years ago '07        #57
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,373 | Props total: 13027 13027
USPSTF also basically said prostate cancer screening is useless and recommended against it because urologists overdo it and it does more harm than good. i'm sure there's an evil reason for that, too...
 4 years ago '11        #58
keen77 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,252 | Props total: 1 1
 diggie said:
Screw...nothing you put up points out that the actual test would be mandatory.....
Except for this (quote from the news story):

"The new order follows recommendations this year from the U.S. Preventive Service Task Force that all 15 to 65 year olds be screened for HIV infection, something that will be covered under Obama's signature heath reform, the Affordable Care Act."

conscious thug said:
Jesus Christ, how fu*king difficult is it to read?? What is it about this site that just acts as a huge magnetic pull for ignorant people who can't/won't fu*king read?

The "ORDER" was for better coordination! Not mandatory testing.

Read, people. Reading is fundamental.

How convenient you emphasized parts of the rest, but completely ignored what I already quoted. All that you quoted is smoke and mirrors... and it worked, definitely distracted you.

You may know how to read, but you don't know how to pick apart propaganda or discern grammar and the real meaning behind Federal press releases. They're designed to be as non-confrontational and bullsh*t as possible, difficult for sheople to ascertain true purpose etc.
 4 years ago '04        #59
HHS 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,554 | Props total: 93 93
 keen77 said:

How convenient you emphasized parts of the rest, but completely ignored what I already quoted. All that you quoted is smoke and mirrors... and it worked, definitely distracted you.

You may know how to read, but you don't know how to pick apart propaganda or discern grammar and the real meaning behind Federal press releases. They're designed to be as non-confrontational and bullsh*t as possible, difficult for sheople to ascertain true purpose etc.
Gonna be kind of hard to implement a subliminal mandatory order

Sorry, there's no mandatory HIV testing here, no matter how much you twist it. The "order" here is for recommendations on coordinating a national effort for HIV prevention. The task force recommended anyone 15 to 65 should get screened for HIV. The Affordable Care Act covers the cost of the testing, but does not mandate that anyone be tested.

Last edited by HHS; 07-23-2013 at 05:52 PM..
 07-23-2013, 06:09 PM         #60
conscious thug 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 keen77 said:

Your own quote says that the part about all people between those ages getting screened ARE RECOMMENDATIONS!!!!! NOT IMPLEMENTED YET!!!!! IF AT ALL!!!!!

You need to get a dictionary out or just go to dictionary.com and look up the word "recommendation" and see what that says. Look up Recommendation and see if ANY of the similes are "mandatory".
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside R.I.P. Polar Bears
106 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
67 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Sony drops the price of PSVR bundles by $100 for the holidays
26 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - serial killer todd kohlhepp - there are more victims :iseeyou2:
20 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact and familie..
99 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy