10 Former Bad Boy Records Artists Living In Struggle

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
129 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
50 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
32 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '08        #41
AC_89 200 heat pts200
space
space
$39,238 | Props total: 13601 13601
Suprised nobody mentioned the lox and their situation with puffy
 4 years ago '04        #42
caboloon 196 heat pts196
space
space
$4,105 | Props total: 892 892
 ctown33 said:
Mario Winans? I think he do alot of writing still and background vocals as in like he is on the song but is only credited in the booklet but not on the back cover

Mario Winans will always getting he is a songwriter and producer
 4 years ago '04        #43
caboloon 196 heat pts196
space
space
 Flying Jesus said:
where's danity Kane at, Donny klang, and the entire badboy south roster ?

Yung joc has money

Gorilla Zoe bene doing shows of Mixtapes so none of them Bad Boy south are strugle
 4 years ago '04        #44
caboloon 196 heat pts196
space
space
 TrillTalk404 said:
Anybody remember when Diddy signed the Hoodfellaz? They was on bad boy for only a split second...day started dissin Diddy and next thing u know they was never heard from again...musically or physically smh
The Hoodfellaz still doing they thing gettin That Ghostwriting Money last time diddy drop a party for biggie in Brookllyne they was there
 4 years ago '04        #45
caboloon 196 heat pts196
space
space
 r.burgundy said:
i wondr what eva happen to carl thomas
CT is still doing albums and gettin that show money
 4 years ago '07        #46
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,027 | Props total: 30275 30275
I always find it funny when people wanna blindly blame Puffy like it's all attributed to him.

Like there are no other 90s artists from any other labels that are not doing well.

What happened to Kris Kross? Da Brat be in and out of jail? No Limit had something like 30 rap acts on the label, where they all at now? How many artist did death Row have? How many are doing well today? How is Dame Dash doing? Beanie Sigel? Peedi Crakk? Young Gunz? Oshino and Sparks? Christion? Rell? Da Rahnjahz? Amil? Dmx? Drag-On? What up with that old Cash Money roster? Lauryn Hill? John Forte? Everyone in Lost Boyz except for Cheeks? ODB dead.... Shyheim in and out of jail. How many time TLC go broke? How many times Toni Braxton go broke? Nate Dogg died broke.

... but yea, it's only bad boy that has former artists not doing so well.
 4 years ago '13        #47
DatDude504 6 heat pts
space
space
$759 | Props total: 266 266
 damien1928 said:
What ever Happened to that dude who sang "I don't wanna know" over the fugees beat?
Do you know who Mario Winans family is, trust me, he's not struggling at all.
 4 years ago '13        #48
Guvnor 1122 heat pts1122
space
space
$43,263 | Props total: 12305 12305
This n*gga Puff better not ruin my baby Janelle MonŠe's career though

If he does he will end up smoked

[spoiler - click to view]

07-20-2013, 03:06 PM         #49
_Monk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
im bummed that Machine Gun Kelly signed with Bad Boy... he should have just waited it out and signed with ANYONE else... Cash Money or Young Money probably would have scooped him up.. or Maybach Music... it's just too bad because he's got a lot of talent and can out rap a lot of these people that have been in the game for years... his album should have sold WAY more, but of course, Bad Boy didn't do sh*t to promote it (just like with Montana).. MGK was all over the radio with Wild Boy & Invincible (that sh*t was even in a commercial for HTC Beats by Dr. Dre phones) and he was getting major play and buzz with his mixtapes at the same time all that was going on... so what's Bad Boy do? wait a fu*king year to release his debut album with Wild Boy and Invincible on it after they were both released on his mixtapes and had been played out for 6-8 months by then... why not release an album at the peak of an artists buzz? what is the point of waiting almost a full year later when his radio singles are dead and on a million mixtapes already?

the way Puffy fu*ks over his artists, i wouldnt be surprised if MGK had to sign over his next born child.... bummer.
 4 years ago '12        #50
xplizit 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$942 | Props total: 3 3
 uaintsh1t said:
what bout biggie
guess you skipped over the "living" part in the title

if he was still alive hed still be straight with or without diddy too unlike most these bums on that list

i honestly have no idea what mase's problem is, he couldve easily been one of the goats

can someone explain how you go from murda mase to no-explicit lyrics mase to preacher mase to g-unit mase to preacher mase to one terrible mixtape mase to appear on a couple rick ross tracks and disappear?

something cant be right with him
 4 years ago '06        #51
_Dre_ 
space
space
space
$330 | Props total: 11 11
Red Cafe being on this list is hilarious
 4 years ago '04        #52
.Mase Da Rula.|M 1 heat pts
space
space
$25,670 | Props total: 177 177
Ness and Red Cafe still ghostwrite for diddy so they doing alright.. but everybody else is struggling.....

Loon coulda been set financially too if he wouldnt had left... he was diddy main ghostwriter till his departure from the label....

go listen to diddy last three albums before last train to paris and you'll hear loon verse all on that sh*t...
 4 years ago '04        #53
nitetrain8601 22 heat pts22
space
space
$15,092 | Props total: 4101 4101
 babalou said:
Da Band, Day 26, Donnie and Danity Kane could be the whole list

A better list is who isn't on some struggle sh*t. That would be easy since the only people is Cassie and diddy
Da Band fu*ked themselves over by always f!ghting and being lazy and sh*t. Day 26 broke up. Donnie flat out flopped. And Danity Kane quit, or else they'd still be making Puffy money.
 4 years ago '06        #54
waytoomuch 4 heat pts
space
space
$27,612 | Props total: 8935 8935
diddy had an all white girl group called "the dream" that also disappeared. o n diddy had a white boy rapper called kain that he never dropped
 4 years ago '10        #55
Ant McQueen 16 heat pts16
space
space
$12,525 | Props total: 5854 5854
 Ra-da-god said:
Red Cafe is eating well and far from struggling.......

1.G-Dep, While its true diddy did fu*k Dep out of his potential platinum plaque by taking lets get it from him Dep had paper dude blew 300k on his drug habbit long before he fell into obscurity...

2.Shyne is just garbage has nothing to do with Diddy people forget that 2.4 million distribution deal he signed with defjam that produced a flop back in 2004......

3.Dylan are yall serious? this n*gga didn't wanna work any body that saw the show knows that...

4.Loon grew up with money and made alot more ghost writing for diddy, while its true he didn't get the Ma$e treatment under diddy he left rap for Islam how is what comes after that diddy's fault?

5.Ma$e left badboy with millions TWICE lol how is he struggling?

6.Chopper left badboy for Cashmoney 8 years ago again how is it diddy's fault?

7.Black Rob blew his money then robbed a bank again at what point does personal responsibility come into play?

The only artist I felt diddy truely fu*ked over was E.ness dude was special and would have flourished if he'd been on say the Roc back in 2002-2004
Thank you, sir.

I came in here to post a similar, but condensed version of your post. Artists have to be proactive and not leave EVERYTHING in the hands of label heads, lawyers, etc. If there's something that you aren't certain about - ask questions. After you find answers that satisfy whatever curiosities you may have had - take action if/when/where needed. To solely rely on and a.ssume that someone else (who's in the business just as you are) is going to only have your best interest at heart is foolish.

A lot of these artists were too reliant on Puff and didn't think further than the moment. Granted, people get excited when they see their fortune changing before their eyes and lose sight of the " big picture ".

Just my 2 cents.
 4 years ago '11        #56
royman04 18 heat pts18
space
space
$12,301 | Props total: 4569 4569
 KushKaleem said:
the entire making the band needs to be up there
I was thinking the same thing

It ain't like Babs bunny and freddie P sellin units
 4 years ago '13        #57
mikejuheard 43 heat pts43
space
space
$24,237 | Props total: 24209 24209
if you wanna eat with diddy you would eat its your choice
 4 years ago '09        #58
messy marv stan 4530 heat pts4530
space
space
$53,704 | Props total: 66426 66426
makin da band cant even afford a 99 cent toothbrush
 4 years ago '04        #59
nitetrain8601 22 heat pts22
space
space
$15,092 | Props total: 4101 4101
 waytoomuch said:
diddy had an all white girl group called "the dream" that also disappeared. o n diddy had a white boy rapper called kain that he never dropped
The Dream dissappeared because their main attraction, Melissa Schumann quit right before they were going to make the video for their single on their 2nd album. I think it was called Krazy. They replaced her, but Diddy didn't like the look and dropped it. I heard most of the album and it was actually pretty damn good. Schumann wanted to go into acting, that failed. She tried to get a solo music gig and has a demo track out with Nick Carter from Backstreet Boys which sounds pretty good, but she never got signed. Dream then tried to come back, but completely changed their sound to like 50's music and never gained traction. They're all friends though.

Melissa fu*ked that sh*t up though, hardbody.

[video - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
50 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
105 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
66 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Article inside ĎStar Wars: The Last Jedií Early Buzz: A Surprising, Funny and Jaw-Dr..
41 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
76 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Holy Camel T0e 19-year-old Model Sofia Richie In White Bikini
99 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Sony drops the price of PSVR bundles by $100 for the holidays
25 comments
1 day ago