When The Hell Did Gamestop Employees Become So Pushy?

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
85 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
55 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
256 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
117 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '06        #21
Mike in Tampa 20 heat pts20
space
space
$12,932 | Props total: 2449 2449
one guy was so pushy when i went to buy my last game from them i ended up with a membership to their store and my parents get game informer magazines at their house.
 4 years ago '06        #22
991 26 heat pts26
space
space
$5,688 | Props total: 741 741
 Michael Wilson said:
one guy was so pushy when i went to buy my last game from them i ended up with a membership to their store and my parents get game informer magazines at their house.
Lolll
 07-19-2013, 03:50 PM         #23
Laharl 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Michael Wilson said:
That o-key doke is no joke.

It's real out here.

Smarten up Nas

Jay Z still lost, with or without his hyphen
 4 years ago '05        #24
damien1928 32 heat pts32
space
space
$4,345 | Props total: 2855 2855
I work at a store (uk) where this sh*t is starting and increasing fast, our company was never about this sh*t but now its frustrating how much they are changing, sh*t is annoying as fu*k, I hate when I go in stores and People are trying to sell me sh*t, why would I wanna bother customers at my store?
I wanna help people who wanna be helped
Not push someone into buying some sh*tty game

I've worked there 8 year and I feel like I'm losing my mind, I hate retail, I hate the majority of people 2..

Not my bx homies tho
 4 years ago '04        #25
chctynig2804 2 heat pts
space
space
$18,672 | Props total: 3267 3267
i remember i went to trade-in my old xbox cuz i bought the slim and i was just gonna get a few games with the amount of the trade-in...took it to one spot and this know-it-all dude took off the front cover, looked at it and was like he couldnt take it because something was missing that supposed to be in there...went right down the street to another gamestop and dude took it and gave me my store credit, i went back to the first one with the store credit and he was salty talkin about "where did you get that and who took the xbox because they werent supposed to do that" i was weak
 4 years ago '04        #26
GoSensGo 13 heat pts13
space
space
$3,817 | Props total: 454 454
 Laharl said:
First time I've seen that!

SO TRUE and that's why I go to Best Buy and get my RewardZone points instead
 4 years ago '10        #27
walker2781 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,826 | Props total: 4 4
 Laharl said:
damn i almost spilled my yac laughing at this sh*t.
 4 years ago '05        #28
HiRolliN 109 heat pts109
space
space
$20,282 | Props total: 2475 2475
ya man there just as bad as the fu*ks over at bestbuy trying to sell every accessories possible for what ever device you just bought.
 4 years ago '09        #29
Axl Rose 21 heat pts21
space
space
$23,394 | Props total: 5104 5104
gamestop is an awful business through and through

ppl need to stop going there...sell games on ebay or something

Last edited by Axl Rose; 07-20-2013 at 06:04 AM..
 4 years ago '12        #30
noverum 
space
space
$2,881 | Props total: 1655 1655
There's an easy way to avoid that sh*t in the future. This is how the conversation should have gone :

''So you don't want nothing no games controllers?''

''You don't need to reserve anything xbox playstation nothing?''

''Nah i'm good man''

''So you mean you don't wanna reserve call of duty or grand theft auto?'

[Blank stare and stern silence for 5 seconds]

"Are you going to give me the money or not?"
Not just for Gamestop either, but for any time that you're engaged in trade, be firm, specific and direct, and you're far less likely to get harassed by sales pitches or r*ped by scams. Just like a door-to-door salesman, these guys prey on politeness and excel at making the most out of any room that the customer provides for them to breathe, with the intention of coercing you into making unnecessarily costly transactions on impulse.
Whenever you go to a store, only be personable to the extent that'll get you the best deal for the purchase that you'd initially planned to make, because when it comes to dealing with the digressions of an a.ssertive salesman, it pays to be an as*hole.

Last edited by noverum; 07-19-2013 at 10:27 PM..
 4 years ago '05        #31
HiRolliN 109 heat pts109
space
space
 noverum said:
There's an easy way to avoid that sh*t in the future. This is how the conversation should have gone :

Not just for Gamestop either, but for any time that you're engaged in trade, be firm, specific and direct, and you're far less likely to get harassed by sales pitches or r*ped by scams. Just like a door-to-door salesman, these guys prey on politeness and excel at making the most out of any room that the customer provides for them to breathe, with the intention of coercing you into making unnecessarily costly transactions on impulse.
Whenever you go to a store, only be personable to the extent that'll get you the best deal for the purchase that you'd initially planned to make, because when it comes to dealing with the digressions of an a.ssertive salesman, it pays to be an as*hole.

it does lol when i bought my first HDTV from bestbuy the lady was trying to sell me HDMI wires and told i aint paying for your over priced wires when i already have some that costed a few dollars from the internet. her facial expression change on me quickly and she rang me up real quick lol.
 4 years ago '06        #32
Yung Dilla 1479 heat pts1479 OP
space
space
$54,913 | Props total: 25858 25858
 HiRolliN said:
it does lol when i bought my first HDTV from bestbuy the lady was trying to sell me HDMI wires and told i aint paying for your over priced wires when i already have some that costed a few dollars from the internet. her facial expression change on me quickly and she rang me up real quick lol.
Lol yup monster HDMI cables are maaaaaad expensive lol. The speed or the viewing quality is bette they say. I used to work at circuit city and know all HDMI is the same its a signal you have it or you don't granted monster cables are made hella good. I went in best buy and they tried to run the cable game on me I flipped it and dude had the face lol.
 4 years ago '05        #33
HiRolliN 109 heat pts109
space
space
 Yung Dilla said:
Lol yup monster HDMI cables are maaaaaad expensive lol. The speed or the viewing quality is bette they say. I used to work at circuit city and know all HDMI is the same its a signal you have it or you don't granted monster cables are made hella good. I went in best buy and they tried to run the cable game on me I flipped it and dude had the face lol.
ya my boy got suckered into buying a $100 monster cable from bestbuy cause the sales person told him some bull sh*t about it producing better video quality then the cheap wires.

i told him lets do some video comparison with your $100 wire and my $10 wire and see which one looks better. both looked identical lol. he was super pissed. and his wire was only a few ft long while the one i had was 10ft. his was barely long enough to reach from his xbox360 were he had it on his TV shelf to his HDTV lol.

i hit him with the

Last edited by HiRolliN; 07-19-2013 at 11:29 PM..
 4 years ago '10        #34
Jinusean 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,287 | Props total: 10 10
To be honest, we really DON'T wanna ask you, the reason outside of, and this may seem alarming to you, but it's our job, is because we don't wanna hear crying when the sh*t you want drops and you have this face like, "n*ggas never told me this"

and I hit you with the

and it's on to the next one. Everyone at GameStop KNOWS it's annoying because we would rather just kick back for a few hours, clean up a bit and go about our business, but we need that money, everyone does and me personally, I just ask once, but some of you dudes would lie like crazy and I see you again tryna get the game you DIDN'T pre-order and wonder why I'm pullin your bi*ch card in front of your momma
 4 years ago '04        #35
Tastemaker331 46 heat pts46
space
space
$39,167 | Props total: 9609 9609
 K1Entertainment said:
Who the fu*k trades in games for cash anymore, take the store credit anything you want with cash besides drugs and paying bills you can get with gamestop credit.......

so you miss out on 50% extra store credit on top of the trade credit value vs the cash.

makes no damn sense.
Worry about your god damn self
Not everyone buys games on the regular
What a stupid post
 4 years ago '04        #36
K1 68 heat pts68
space
space
space
$11,499 | Props total: 155 155
 Tastemaker331 said:
Worry about your god damn self
Not everyone buys games on the regular
What a stupid post
You can buy more than just games at gamestop you fu*ken dumb a.ss

you can get

Gas
Food
Shoes
Clothes
Movie Tickets
etc.

you can pretty much get anything.
 07-20-2013, 06:04 PM         #37
DarkSidesHero 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 K1Entertainment said:
Who the fu*k trades in games for cash anymore, take the store credit anything you want with cash besides drugs and paying bills you can get with gamestop credit.......

so you miss out on 50% extra store credit on top of the trade credit value vs the cash.

makes no damn sense.
Yep. It annoys the hell out of me though that they'll give you $35 trade in credit but will give you like $15 if you decide on cash. Anyone care to explain why they do that?
 4 years ago '06        #38
Yung Dilla 1479 heat pts1479 OP
space
space
$54,913 | Props total: 25858 25858
 K1Entertainment said:

makes no damn sense.
If you read what i wrote you would of seen A) I don't go to game stop ever and haven't for a long time.. B) those games were so old nobody would probably buy them and they were just collecting dust i cared no fu*ks about those games and just wanted to get whatever cash i could for them..
 4 years ago '05        #39
HiRolliN 109 heat pts109
space
space
 DarkSidesHero said:
Yep. It annoys the hell out of me though that they'll give you $35 trade in credit but will give you like $15 if you decide on cash. Anyone care to explain why they do that?
Cause they know when u take the cash ur gonna go spend it some were else. Also when people take the store credit when trading in games u wind up having to dish out more cash to pay for the difference on a brand new $60 game. Its there way of screwing people over on trade in value plus taking money from them at the same time.

Last edited by HiRolliN; 07-20-2013 at 06:17 PM..
 4 years ago '04        #40
K1 68 heat pts68
space
space
space
$11,499 | Props total: 155 155
A lot of people don't know you can buy gift cards at gamestop

I always get Amazon gift cards, Movie gift cards, Steam Wallet cards.
they also got Gas station gift cards, Burger King, Taco Bell, etc.

they have lots of gift cards you can buy at gamestop thats why I will always take the credit.
Home      

most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
104 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
38 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
109 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
71 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
90 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
62 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
19 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Denzel speaking Realism!
27 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy