90's Hip Hop, East: #8: Reasonable Doubt (Jay-Z) vs. #9: Only Built 4 Cuban Linx (Raekwon)

most viewed right now
 109
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 70
NFL RIGGED & SCRIPTED SPORTS | Ryan Shazier injury, Pittsburgh Steelers & Supe..
54 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 69
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
40 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 63
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
49 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Which is the better album?
#8: Reasonable Doubt - Jay-Z 173 54.92%
#9: Only Built 4 Cuban Linx - Raekwon 142 45.08%
Voters: 315. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '11        #81
Giovanni Cassa 48 heat pts48
space
avatar space
space
$3,829 | Props total: 219 219
 Nickel said:

[pic - click to view]



voted for RD but if OB4CL wins I'd feel no kinda...both albums are personal favorites of mine

I didn't say it was lyrically better. I just said Rae got a classier technique of putting words together and had a more stylish vocabulary & slang on Immobilarity than Jay on Reasonable Doubt. Take "The Table" for example. And the flows man... Now that I think about it... I don't know man... Might be on par with RD except for the production.


Last edited by Giovanni Cassa; 07-19-2013 at 12:06 PM..
 4 years ago '10        #82
alogan9225 82 heat pts82 OP
space
avatar space
space
$3,650 | Props total: 1919 1919
 Mr Fujaveli said:
I took OB4CL, no need to explain....is there a whole bracket for this "tournament"? Some of these seeds k!ll me?

OB4CL a 9?
7DT a 9?

I just wanna see the whole bracket and ill do my own and see how it matches up with how it comes out
Yeah I'll send you the bracket a little later. I've got it all in an Excel file.

I mentioned on the first page of the tournament that the seeds didn't matter much to me. #10-#16 are pretty interchangable, as well as #3-#9.

However, a big thing that I did try to accomplish with the seeding was to separate a lot of the albums with the same artist on it. Hence, why I made ATLiens, Aquemini, and Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik #2, #5, and #7, respectively.

Same goes for 2Pac. His albums were #3, #9, and #11.

Same goes for Wu-Tang also. Their albums were #2, #7, and #9.

I wanted them all to come out winning so that my brother has an extremely strong foundation to build his project on. This foundation is that these big artists or big supergroups were so dominant, that they were all in contention for the greatest album in their era, and they were better than many other albums to prove it.

Now, the big thing that people will notice in the next round is a lot of people or groups having albums that face off against each other. I did this on purpose. The reason I did this was because I (nor anyone else that I know of) will not want to see Common vs. Common in the semfinals, or Outkast vs. Outkast (even though that might happen). I just wanted to keep a little bit of control over this bracket to where I wouldn't have to worry about it getting too boring towards the end.
 4 years ago '12        #83
Mr Fujaveli 36 heat pts36
space
avatar space
space
$23,441 | Props total: 12803 12803
 alogan9225 said:
Yeah I'll send you the bracket a little later. I've got it all in an Excel file.

I mentioned on the first page of the tournament that the seeds didn't matter much to me. #10-#16 are pretty interchangable, as well as #3-#9.

However, a big thing that I did try to accomplish with the seeding was to separate a lot of the albums with the same artist on it. Hence, why I made ATLiens, Aquemini, and Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik #2, #5, and #7, respectively.

Same goes for 2Pac. His albums were #3, #9, and #11.

Same goes for Wu-Tang also. Their albums were #2, #7, and #9.

I wanted them all to come out winning so that my brother has an extremely strong foundation to build his project on. This foundation is that these big artists or big supergroups were so dominant, that they were all in contention for the greatest album in their era, and they were better than many other albums to prove it.

Now, the big thing that people will notice in the next round is a lot of people or groups having albums that face off against each other. I did this on purpose. The reason I did this was because I (nor anyone else that I know of) will not want to see Common vs. Common in the semfinals, or Outkast vs. Outkast (even though that might happen). I just wanted to keep a little bit of control over this bracket to where I wouldn't have to worry about it getting too boring towards the end.
yeah I read it after I posted that, cool, send that
 4 years ago '13        #84
JucoLegend 51 heat pts51
space
avatar space
space
$4,730 | Props total: 253 253
OB4CL was a classic album. Yes Reasonable Doubt set the stage for Jay's career, but it is not better than OB4CL. This was Raekwon's BEST ALBUM!!! Sorry Jay, but you gotta exit stage left.
 4 years ago '05        #85
Nickel 118 heat pts118
space
avatar space
space
$11,231 | Props total: 179 179
 Giovanni Cassa said:
I didn't say it was lyrically better. I just said Rae got a classier technique of putting words together and had a more stylish vocabulary & slang on Immobilarity than Jay on Reasonable Doubt. Take "The Table" for example. And the flows man... Now that I think about it... I don't know man... Might be on par with RD except for the production.
i respect that....at least you explained yourself...I truly thought you were trollin for a minute ....might have to throw that sh*t on now...can't remember the last time I played that joint...."Lex Diamond" was my sh*t though
 4 years ago '11        #86
Giovanni Cassa 48 heat pts48
space
avatar space
space
$3,829 | Props total: 219 219
 Nickel said:
i respect that....at least you explained yourself...I truly thought you were trollin for a minute ....might have to throw that sh*t on now...can't remember the last time I played that joint...."Lex Diamond" was my sh*t though

Well, I on the other hand thought Lex Diamond was one of the most lackluster efforts of the decade as far as rap goes.
 4 years ago '11        #87
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
I listen to reasonable doubt more
 4 years ago '11        #88
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
Close race we had so far
 07-19-2013, 02:53 PM         #89
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kingpin 313 said:
I listen to reasonable doubt more
I can't front. When I'm in the car I play that sh*t more.
 07-19-2013, 02:58 PM         #90
jmj365 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The Purple tape was the soundtrack of the Summer of 95. It was like no other album we had heard. Better than Meth, different from 36 Chambers. RD was an afterthought. AZ's album was more anticipated. We already had a better Jay Z at that time, his name was Biggie. He mimicked Big's style and Puffy's business saavy to become Buffy the Empire builder. This is like Shaq vs. The Dream in 95. A good not better than a great, yet good went on to a better career (Jay Z and Shaq). I digress. OB4CL
 4 years ago '06        #91
santana2009 
space
avatar space
space
$1,088 | Props total: 255 255
RD for me.
 4 years ago '05        #92
CMar22 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$6,673 | Props total: 715 715
Close but OB4CL. RD was weaker in the last half of the album. Still classic though
 4 years ago '11        #93
Giovanni Cassa 48 heat pts48
space
avatar space
space
$3,829 | Props total: 219 219
Jay sent the camel cohorts.



[pic - click to view]

 4 years ago '04        #94
Mr_GooD_NeWs 26 heat pts26
space
avatar space
space
$9,873 | Props total: 286 286
 4 years ago '05        #95
CMar22 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$6,673 | Props total: 715 715
 WCIB said:
What impact? OB4CL had a way bigger impact for years before Jay's RD was considered a classic. Add this to the list of the things you're confused about, sadly. This is one thing people are correct about in his criticisms of Jay. Reasonable Doubt had a tiny impact on NY... OB4CL had 'Ice Cream' amongst other tracks getting bumped nationwide. These are facts. It took years before RD had any real impact and even then, many of those people still considered OB4CL the superior album.

And what does impact have to do with OB4CL being better than RD? Sadly, this tells me you've either never heard the album, or you're stanning hard for RD. There are a LOT of people who consider OB4CL one of the greatest hip-hop albums ever made. Yes, even over Reasonable Doubt. That isn't something to LMAO about and call disrespectful... If it was RD vs. Immobilarity or some sh*t, then I'd see the problem.
This^^ Dude really didn't blow up until his 2nd and especially his 3rd album.
 4 years ago '04        #96
teekarow 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,251 | Props total: 716 716
these albums should be in the finals or close to it........Rae for me. Classic. Changed the game....but i was in pure hustle mode for Doubt...man this is tuff. ....and who the f#ck would pick Midnight Marauders over Low End Theory....thats some absurd ish right there.
 4 years ago '05        #97
CMar22 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$6,673 | Props total: 715 715
 lboog1423 said:
I cant belive yall n*ggas

I love both of these albums but RD>>>>>





this whole album is a story as well
Where do you think Jay Z got the idea from and his Mobster style from? OB4CL is a story and was one of the first 90's albums to play up the whole mobster thing. Biggy stole that style too. That's why Rae and Biggy had beef.

You must be younger then 20 not to know that.
 4 years ago '05        #98
Opm 
space
space
space
$1,341 | Props total: 0 0
cuan linx
 4 years ago '10        #99
Mocking Mind 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$7,448 | Props total: 88 88
Everyone who said Hov doesn't win polls just took an L.
 07-19-2013, 03:55 PM         #100
Cheesypoof 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
RD>


the lyrics on D'evils, its like shakespeare, pure art.

All other tracks are great as well.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 61
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
30 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 27
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
157 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 26
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
87 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 21
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
64 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 18
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
73 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 14
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
62 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 11
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
229 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
 11
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
167 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy