Jul 18 - Florida Woman who boasted she was the 'Queen of IRS tax fraud on FB gets 21 years in prison

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
117 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
28 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
43 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
62 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '04        #1
11489 pageviews
102 comments

Y.H. 6 heat pts
space
space
$612 | Props total: 3 3
Jul 18 - Florida Woman who boasted she was the 'Queen of IRS tax fraud on FB gets 21 years in prison

TAMPA — She taunted authorities to catch her as she stole millions from the IRS. They did.

Rashia Wilson must now spend 21 years in prison, apart from her three children, ages 2 to 12. After watching their mother get sentenced Tuesday, they wailed when the rules of federal marshals precluded a goodbye hug.

The self-proclaimed "first lady" of tax refund fraud, who admitted stealing more than $3 million and is suspected of taking as much as $20 million, dropped her head to a table and sobbed upon learning the punishment.

Related News/Archive
IRS money lost to fraudulent returns likely gone for good

3 Months Ago
Self-described 'first lady' now faces federal charge in tax fraud sting

10 Months Ago
Feds accuse 2 men of key roles in tax fraud

10 Months Ago
IRS loss to fraud's 'first lady' may have hit $20 million

2 Days Ago
Two Tampa tax fraud pioneers accept plea deals

3 Months Ago
"She knew what she was doing was wrong," U.S. District Judge James. S. Moody Jr. concluded. "She reveled in the fact that it was wrong."

Wilson, 27, pleaded guilty earlier this year to wire fraud and aggravated identity theft, both crimes stemming from tax fraud. In a separate case, she pleaded guilty to being a felon in possession of a firearm. Moody sentenced her Tuesday for all three offenses.

Her attorney, Mark J. O'Brien, asked Moody not to be swayed by public pressure. In a sentencing memorandum he quoted the late Supreme Court Justice Warren Burger: "Judges rule on the basis of law, not public opinion, and they should be totally indifferent to pressures of the times."

It was a reference to grandiose claims by Wilson on her Facebook page that she was untouchable by the Tampa Police Department, the agency that sounded an alarm about such crimes nationally. (IRS-Criminal Investigations, the Secret Service, the U.S. Postal Inspection Service and the Hills*borough County Sheriff's Office joined TPD in the investigation.)

Assistant U.S. Attorney Mandy Riedel, who prosecuted the case with a.ssistant U.S. Attorney Sara Sweeney, read excerpts of Wilson's Facebook posting in court.

"I'm Rashia, the queen of IRS tax fraud," the post stated, all in capital letters, with a little less punctuation than this:

"I'm a millionaire for the record, so if U think indicting me will B easy it won't, I promise you! U need more than black and white to hold me down N that's to da rat who went N told, as if 1st lady don't have da TPD under her spell. I run Tampa right now."

She predicted she would not serve time.

Where some might see audacity, psychologist Valerie McClain sees illness.

McClain testified for the defense Tuesday that Wilson suffers from bipolar disorder first diagnosed at age 14, and that the "adolescent bragging" in Facebook posts is consistent with manic-phase behavior.

She was born to a mother addicted to cocaine and a father in prison. She failed fifth and sixth grade, then dropped out in seventh. Wilson grew up with nothing, her attorney said.

For a few years, tax fraud allowed an unimaginable lifestyle. She spent $30,000 on her 1-year-old's birthday party, and $90,000 on an Audi.

In the end, dollar signs — not Facebook or a psychological report — caught the judge's attention. "I can't ignore the fact that she stole over $3 million from the government," he said.

The 21-year sentence includes 210 months for wire fraud, 24 months for aggravated identity theft and 18 months for the gun.

It's the harshest penalty yet in the Tampa Bay area for charges relating to stolen identity refund fraud, which sent car dealer Russell B. Simmons to prison for 15 years.

"We respect the decision of the judge," attorney O'Brien said, "though we were hopeful there would have been a different outcome."

As required by law, Moody ordered Wilson to pay restitution. The amount, $3.1 million, reflects the government loss estimate at the time of plea discussions. Later investigation produced higher estimates, but Moody honored the agreement.

She will owe the restitution with co-defendant Maurice Larry, who has sentencing hearings scheduled for two tax fraud cases: Aug. 6 and Sept. 23. In the second case, his co-defendant is Marterrence "Quat" Holloway.

Holloway signed a plea agreement last week admitting to three counts: conspiracy to defraud the United States, aggravated identity theft and access device fraud. He is expected to plead guilty next week.

visit this link Tampa 'first lady' of tax refund fraud gets 21 years in prison | Tampa Bay Times

imageimageimage

This bi*ch just took the biggest L because she wanted to be flashing all her peper on the Book....image....she deserves everything she gets....dumb bi*ch

SOMEBODY BREAK OUT BUGS BUNNY FOR ME.....WTF IS GOIN ON IN FLORIDA....smh

102 comments for "Jul 18 - Florida Woman who boasted she was the 'Queen of IRS tax fraud on FB gets 21 years in prison"

4 years ago '04        #2
Y.H. 6 heat pts OP
space
space
$612 | Props total: 3 3
oh and before anyone can say it......6 in my area

FL lost AGAIN....
 07-18-2013, 05:16 AM         #3
Throbbin' Thicke 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So they not gonna say how she did it?

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '05        #4
Suavebeatz 32 heat pts32
space
space
$10,308 | Props total: 14070 14070
They don't call this sh*t DROP CITY for nothing, yall can keep on trying to single out FL all ya want..truth is people have done worse and will continue to do so all over the globe.

Last edited by Suavebeatz; 07-18-2013 at 06:53 AM..
 4 years ago '07        #5
Eddie..|M 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$18,069 | Props total: 1515 1515
21 years tho? idk how I feel about that
 4 years ago '07        #6
Eddie..|M 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
 Matt504 said:
don't act like a wall street banker wouldn't have gotten the exact amount of time or more.

would they?

if so, not sure If I agree with that either

3 million dollars ain't worth 21 years of your life yo..
 4 years ago '07        #7
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,828 | Props total: 4801 4801
im not really sure wtf she did lol.it seems like they were stealin i.d's then filing tax returns somehow wit tha i.d's.if a bi*ch could do somethin this elaborate,bi-polar must not effect her too much.but for animal criminal who gets busted on social media,i got no sympathy.throw this bi*ch under a cell
 4 years ago '04        #8
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,360 | Props total: 6374 6374
florida is the king of news
 4 years ago '04        #9
matelyan 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,870 | Props total: 1905 1905
I think they should give thieves the option of jail time or losing a hand. She can spend 21 years in prison, or lose one of her hands.

I'd tell them to take the left one. It only comes in handy when I'm pulling a stranger.
 4 years ago '07        #10
Eddie..|M 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
man she stealing from a corporation who steals from us tho

yea she got mad dough off it but cmon son, 21 years?
 4 years ago '04        #11
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$11,325 | Props total: 2729 2729
All I'm going to say is that she took an epic lost but they haven't found all of the stolen cash. So all I know is somebody out there is winning since obviously the people they caught was not the brain of the operation. She only admitted to $3 million and they estimated $20 million alone for her but are trying to find the mastermind who stole hundreds of million.

Last edited by VictoryThagr8; 07-18-2013 at 01:32 PM..
 4 years ago '07        #12
Eddie..|M 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
 VictoryThagr8 said:
All I'm going to say is that she took an epic lost but they haven't found all of the stolen cash. So all I know is somebody out there is winning since obviously the people they caught was not the brain of the operation. She only admitted to $3 million and they estimated $20 million alone for her but are trying to find the mastermind who stole hundreds of million.
do you think she deserved 21 years for stealing 20 million in a non threatening way?

it is a lot of dough tho.. but i still don't agree man idk
 4 years ago '12        #13
OldBusiness 163 heat pts163
space
space
$20,941 | Props total: 16911 16911
 Eddie.. said:
man she stealing from a corporation who steals from us tho

yea she got mad dough off it but cmon son, 21 years?
Non Violent Offenses in this country get n*ggas way to much time. Like I say in all these financial fraud threads....she wouldve got less time for shooting a n*gga

Hell if Zimmerman got Manslaughter...its possible he wouldve only got 10 years if the judge went easy on him smh
 4 years ago '08        #14
topshotta22 
space
space
$4,646 | Props total: 1191 1191
govt dont play when you stealing from them
 4 years ago '09        #15
messy marv stan 4530 heat pts4530
space
space
$53,704 | Props total: 66417 66417
the banks steal billions from the american economy every single day

yet no senior executive at the big banking complex has even paid a fine or gone to jail

this lady had a nice hustle going until she fu*ked it up
 4 years ago '04        #16
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$11,325 | Props total: 2729 2729
 Eddie.. said:
do you think she deserved 21 years for stealing 20 million in a non threatening way?

Well she did get caught by the feds and seeing that the brain hasn't been caught that she obviously didn't snitch which probably made her sentence worst.
 4 years ago '07        #17
TMC 
space
space
$1,309 | Props total: 1 1
dumb a.ss bi*ch. but she still doesn't deserve 21yrs for that sh*t.
 4 years ago '04        #18
MochaWhitey 10 heat pts10
space
space
$5,513 | Props total: 309 309
What an idiot

Last edited by MochaWhitey; 07-18-2013 at 10:20 PM..
 4 years ago '05        #19
TattooedMPsz 50 heat pts50
space
space
$25,372 | Props total: 8050 8050
 Suavebeatz said:
They don't call this sh*t DROP CITY for nothing, yall can keep on trying to single out FL all ya want..truth is people have done worse and will continue to do so all over the globe.
but but but only bad sh*t only happens in florida
 4 years ago '05        #20
Rubix 
space
space
$8,493 | Props total: 825 825
 Eddie.. said:

this might be hard for a lot of people to wrap their minds around but stealing 20 million is worse than stabbing or shooting one person. the damage affects so many more people and white collar crime should have stiffer penalties. not surprisingly, white collar crime which can destroy thousands of lives, are usually committed by white people and carry light penalties in relation to other forms of crime. i for one love seeing when scamming a.ss muthafu*kas get the hammer down on em..i shouldnt be paying all these fu*ken taxes just to fatten the pockets of some thievin a.ss scumbag.

whether or not you guys think she deserves such a a stiff punishment doesn't change the fact that this sets a precedent that can be referred to when coming down on other scamming a.ss scumbags.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
65 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
102 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
74 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Early Buzz: A Surprising, Funny and Jaw-Dr..
41 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy