Jay-Z surpasses 2Pac in US sales?

most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
94 comments
@games

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '05        #81
4REAL 3 heat pts
space
space
$12,434 | Props total: 1372 1372
 Root Of Evil said:
]
2Pac maybe has 5-10 more albums that will be released in our lifetime. When you add the potential for those sales along with his already released albums, I'm pretty sure that number will be numbers that Jay-Z can only dream of. So go ahead and troll.
 4 years ago '04        #82
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,436 | Props total: 6498 6498
 4REAL said:
When 2Pac's sales become updated, I expect his sales to be 2-3x the number of what it is today. Some of your a.ssessments are jokes especially TheMindof's a.ssessment of his sales.

seriously

i bet at the highest it would be half
 4 years ago '07        #83
Root Of Evil 56 heat pts56
space
space
$11,915 | Props total: 573 573
 4REAL said:
2Pac maybe has 5-10 more albums that will be released in our lifetime. When you add the potential for those sales along with his already released albums, I'm pretty sure that number will be numbers that Jay-Z can only dream of. So go ahead and troll.

word pac got another 40 million album sales unaccounted for

i got to stop trollin
 07-18-2013, 09:33 AM         #84
3rdcoasta  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
does it really matter? all of those numbers are monumental achievements. can we just congratulate all four?

I like em all...if I had to choose one it would be Pac. But I Listen to a lot of Jay Z too and cant argue with those fans. dont have a problem with EM's numbers (white people like rap too, so it all balances out)...but damn! Nelly's numbers are impressive?
 4 years ago '04        #85
space
space
 3rdcoasta said:
does it really matter? all of those numbers are monumental achievements. can we just congratulate all four?

I like em all...if I had to choose one it would be Pac. But I Listen to a lot of Jay Z too and cant argue with those fans. dont have a problem with EM's numbers (white people like rap too, so it all balances out)...but damn! Nelly's numbers are impressive?
in the grand scheme of things yea and since all of us are hip-hop fans we should

but this is bx. this site ain't having that sh!t
 4 years ago '05        #86
4REAL 3 heat pts
space
space
$12,434 | Props total: 1372 1372
 Root Of Evil said:

word pac got another 40 million album sales unaccounted for

i got to stop trollin
It's easy to laugh when you want to make a low a.ssessment. It's also easy to laugh when I make a high a.ssessment. The point is that you don't know as much as I don't know. So you're just as silly for alluding that my a.ssessment is out of the realm of possibility when your belief could be unrealistic as well. We all don't know. Who is to say that whatever you believe about his sales is more accurate than mine?
 4 years ago '04        #87
space
space
ok lets say that pac sold 2,000 a week for 11 years. that is a little bit over a mill. i'll even round it up to 1.2 mil(the number was 1.14 or something like that)

he did this on all of his albums(he has 12) so that would equal 14.4 mil. that is half of his total u.s sales if he even do that

that is why i believe that pac sales numbers being triple a decade later is ridiculous. it might double or triple eventually but not 11 years without them popping up on soundscan charts on the weekly somewhere
 4 years ago '10        #88
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 WCIB said:
You're smarter than this man. How are you going to a.ssume numbers that haven't been updated in over a decade aren't important? Sales are important, yet 11 years of unaccounted for sales data is irrelevant? That's not hypocritical?

So 11 years worth of data is unimportant, but this thread was created why then? If sales do matter, why are so many people in here saying they don't matter for the other side (2pac's)?
n*gga. You missed the whole point of that post..

The point is. Pac aint selling records like you n*ggas think.

There's not this treasure trove of unaccounted for sales that you n*ggas think.

If there was 30-40 million unaccounted sales, like I've seen some dumb n*ggas post in here they wouldnt get them counted?

It LITERALLY cost $350 dollars per album to get the numbers updated.

All certification audits are conducted for a fee. If multiple sales levels are simultaneously certified, only one audit certification fee is charged. Companies requesting their initial certification audit must incur any travel expenses by the RIAA®'s independent auditor. The charge for certifications is $350 for RIAA® member companies. Non-members are charged $450 per certification, which must be pre-paid. Companies will be charged the full audit certification fee for any requests that do not meet the Gold® and Platinum® Program requirements.
Go read all the Billboard 200 lists for the past 10-12 years and see how many time you see Tupacs name on there. It's not gonna be many.

You n*ggas on here acting like he's selling MILLIONS of albums in the US per year. NOT THE CASE.

GET OVER IT. His sales plateaued a long time ago. Happens to a lot of dead artists after a while.

Old heads already have all the albums. And young n*ggas in the generation aint going to the store and buying them. n*ggas dont even buy contemporary artists they like, but they going to the store to but Tupac albums?

Smarten Up bruh..
 4 years ago '10        #89
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
 justinjones said:
ok lets say that pac sold 2,000 a week for 11 years. that is a little bit over a mill. i'll even round it up to 1.2 mil(the number was 1.14 or something like that)

he did this on all of his albums(he has 12) so that would equal 14.4 mil. that is half of his total u.s sales if he even do that

that is why i believe that pac sales numbers being triple a decade later is ridiculous. it might double or triple eventually but not 11 years without them popping up on soundscan charts on the weekly somewhere
Too bad that's not the case. He's NOT selling 2k per week on ANY of his albums.

Read the article. Do the math..

Stop doing the math that YOU WANT it to be... Do the math that is presented before you

A 571% sales boost only bought that greatest hits album to 4k sold that week. And a spot on the Billboard 200 for the first time in 12 Years

If he was selling 2k per week on every album, He'd be on the Billboard 200 EVERY week consistently (albeit at the very end of the list) he'd be there.

Thats just not the case. As much as you n*ggas want it to be
 4 years ago '04        #90
space
space
 TheMindOf said:
Too bad that's not the case. He's NOT selling 2k per week on ANY of his albums.

Read the article. Do the math..

Stop doing the math that YOU WANT it to be... Do the math that is presented before you

A 571% sales boost only bought that greatest hits album to 4k sold that week. And a spot on the Billboard 200 for the first time in 12 Years

If he was selling 2k per week on every album, He'd be on the Billboard 200 EVERY week consistently (albeit at the very end of the list) he'd be there.

Thats just not the case. As much as you n*ggas want it to be

did you read the part where i said it would be RIDICULOUS
 4 years ago '10        #91
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
 justinjones said:

did you read the part where i said it would be RIDICULOUS
Missed it. I'll take my L like a man

4 years ago '05        #92
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
$25,243 | Props total: 9651 9651
 TheMindOf said:
n*gga. You missed the whole point of that post..

The point is. Pac aint selling records like you n*ggas think.

There's not this treasure trove of unaccounted for sales that you n*ggas think.

If there was 30-40 million unaccounted sales, like I've seen some dumb n*ggas post in here they wouldnt get them counted?

It LITERALLY cost $350 dollars per album to get the numbers updated.

Go read all the Billboard 200 lists for the past 10-12 years and see how many time you see Tupacs name on there. It's not gonna be many.

You n*ggas on here acting like he's selling MILLIONS of albums in the US per year. NOT THE CASE.

GET OVER IT. His sales plateaued a long time ago. Happens to a lot of dead artists after a while.

Old heads already have all the albums. And young n*ggas in the generation aint going to the store and buying them. n*ggas dont even buy contemporary artists they like, but they going to the store to but Tupac albums?

Smarten Up bruh..
He says smarten up, but completely ignores the point of my post to talk about something other people are talking about. How big or small the number is shouldn't really matter, but they still do. 11 years goes back to when sales figures were still high... Nobody should speculate (I didn't so your post is hilarious in response to what I said), but even if its low as you say, that's the sales of a hip-hop icon that need to be let known. 30-40 mill is ridiculous, but what if its 4-5 million records? Royalties need to be paid, plaques need updating... Etc.

At this point it's way more than music and Stan vs. Stan battles on Boxden...
 4 years ago '09        #93
MakaveliToDon91 11 heat pts11
space
space
$4,621 | Props total: 4583 4583
 TheMindOf said:
Missed it. I'll take my L like a man

take ur other 5 L's too
 4 years ago '13        #94
Guvnor 1122 heat pts1122
space
space
$43,263 | Props total: 12305 12305
Nelly is on the list thanks to selling out and being the biggest sell out in rap music.

Jay-Z is on the list thanks to Samsung.

And Eminem is at the top of the list cause he is white.

This list is laughable.
 4 years ago '04        #95
Hood_Rich 7 heat pts
space
space
$15,708 | Props total: 436 436
Lol 2pac been dead since 1996 tho.
 4 years ago '10        #96
shadydre85 34 heat pts34
space
space
$9,436 | Props total: 2394 2394
Eminem tha GOD!!
 4 years ago '04        #97
focused313 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,107 | Props total: 1360 1360
first off....GOOD fu*kING JOB NELLY, especially if you got paid right.

Numbers dont lie, so Pac did his thing, I just have to say that in Pac's best days, in which he was probably the top 3 in hip hop during his whole career in terms of popularity, buzz, and sales....cd's were still selling. If there were a way to track downloads/bootlegging, I wonder if Pac would have more album distribution than Jay. Probably so.

Secondly, I'd like to see a breakdown of the top 10 most selling artists by how much them (or their estate) received per album. For some reason, I think that it took Pac selling 10 albums to get the same money Jay got from one. Of course I'm probably wrong, I'm just curious as the points they got per album.
 4 years ago '13        #98
Impeccable 208 heat pts208
space
space
$14,805 | Props total: 918 918
Meanwhile, n*ggas still crying about Pac's sales

His sales are not the same sht yall think
 4 years ago '13        #99
Guvnor 1122 heat pts1122
space
space
$43,263 | Props total: 12305 12305
 Impeccable said:
Meanwhile, n*ggas still crying about Pac's sales

His sales are not the same sht yall think
He still has posthumous albums that his mom hasn't even released yet. So think about that
 4 years ago '11        #100
Chad09 160 heat pts160
space
space
$10,966 | Props total: 637 637
They will name a planet after Tupac in the future, but they will name the species that looks like a camel on that planet Jay Z.
Home      

most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
75 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
21 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
39 comments
19 hours ago