Breaking News NCAA cancels contract for Football games...

most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
45 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
94 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
69 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
97 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '04        #1
7721 pageviews
83 comments

Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,509 | Props total: 4992 4992
Breaking News NCAA cancels contract for Football games...

The NCAA has made the decision not to enter a new contract for the license of its name and logo for the EA Sports NCAA Football video game. The current contract expires in June 2014, but our timing is based on the need to provide EA notice for future planning. As a result, the NCAA Football 2014 video game will be the last to include the NCAA’s name and logo. We are confident in our legal position regarding the use of our trademarks in video games. But given the current business climate and costs of litigation, we determined participating in this game is not in the best interests of the NCAA.

The NCAA has never licensed the use of current student-athlete names, images or likenesses to EA. The NCAA has no involvement in licenses between EA and former student-athletes. Member colleges and universities license their own trademarks and other intellectual property for the video game. They will have to independently decide whether to continue those business arrangements in the future

visit this link Press Release

83 comments for "Breaking News NCAA cancels contract for Football games..."

4 years ago '08        #2
Kewop Decam 81 heat pts81
space
space
space
$16,005 | Props total: 9811 9811
crazy!!!
 4 years ago '05        #3
Based_One 79 heat pts79
space
space
$9,714 | Props total: 7022 7022
these damn lawsuits fu*king up college sports games
 4 years ago '06        #4
Special Edd 167 heat pts167
space
space
$26,617 | Props total: 8926 8926
NCAA MONEY HUNGY bi*chES ALL CUZ NAMES ON THE BACK ^^ bi*ch U CAVS FAN YA SPORTS LIFE IS DEAD WEAK fu*k
 4 years ago '10        #5
WhoNextWithPlex 40 heat pts40
space
space
$9,843 | Props total: 6014 6014
just so people are clear EA still holds the licences to all of the schools, logos and stadiums through CLC. they just dont hold the licence to the NCAA name anymore. thats all.
 4 years ago '04        #6
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602 OP
space
space
 WhoNextWithPlex said:
just so people are clear EA still holds the licences to all of the schools, logos and stadiums through CLC. they just dont hold the licence to the NCAA name anymore. thats all.
Semitrue ALL the contract are up in June...EA will have to renogiate with all the schools again before then but it won't matter they can't use NCAA or College Football in the name so what are you going to call it?

"People Older then high school playing football together"?
 4 years ago '12        #7
njrp77 
space
space
$251 | Props total: 65 65
fu*k they finally made a decent game this year
 4 years ago '04        #8
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
 Da Ill One said:
Semitrue ALL the contract are up in June...EA will have to renogiate with all the schools again before then but it won't matter they can't use NCAA or College Football in the name so what are you going to call it?

Where did you read that they can't use "college football" It's not in the press release or any other article I could find. Just says they can't use NCAA.
 4 years ago '04        #9
space
space
 KURUPTION!!! said:
Where did you read that they can't use "college football" It's not in the press release or any other article I could find. Just says they can't use NCAA.
I was under the impression NCAA had the tern "College Football" trademarked but I can't find out if it's true or not...
 4 years ago '04        #10
MochaWhitey 10 heat pts10
space
space
$5,516 | Props total: 324 324
I haven't played an NCAA game in years..I took them for granite and now they are gone
 4 years ago '08        #11
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
$13,359 | Props total: 276 276
The NCAA has decided today, unilaterally it appears, to not renew their license with EA Sports for the NCAA Football video game beginning next year.

In the statement, the NCAA said, "The NCAA has made the decision not to enter a new contract for the license of its name and logo for the EA Sports NCAA Football video game. The current contract expires in June 2014, but our timing is based on the need to provide EA notice for future planning. As a result, the NCAA Football 2014 video game will be the last to include the NCAA’s name and logo. We are confident in our legal position regarding the use of our trademarks in video games. But given the current business climate and costs of litigation, we determined participating in this game is not in the best interests of the NCAA."

EA should still be able to work out individual school, conference, awards, etc. licenses from the CLC -- which should mean the series should be able to live on. At the end of the day, this is the NCAA taking it's name and logo off of the game, but nothing more it appears. So while the series can't be called "NCAA Football" anymore, perhaps with the ESPN license the series can be called "EA Sports College Gameday 15" next season.

The only way this ends the NCAA Football series altogether is if one of two further scenarios happen: 1)If EA Sports decides it is done with the series altogether, which is doubtful given it's a top seller in the US. 2)If the CLC won't play ball with EA Sports, and thus EA has to negotiate licenses individually from member institutions

It is possible EA Sports will not continue development of the game after this year because of either reason, or because of fears of financial fallout from the Ed O'Bannon lawsuit. However, there is no guarantee EA will face huge financial problems from the O'Bannon lawsuit, and in a sense -- the threat of the O'Bannon lawsuit ending the series is the same today as it was yesterday.

I EA wants to they can continue the game with purely cosmetic changes and greater creative freedom without the NCAA hovering above the game. And let's face it, the less the NCAA is involved in anything, the better it will be.

So in a sense, the only thing different today versus yesterday with regards to the NCAA Football series is that it is no longer the NCAA Football series going forward. Everything thing else remains the same.
 4 years ago '04        #12
cold_young_thug 40 heat pts40
space
space
$9,613 | Props total: 1786 1786
Collegiate Football 2015 coming soon.
 4 years ago '12        #13
OldBusiness 163 heat pts163
space
space
$21,082 | Props total: 17427 17427
 Da Ill One said:

Or whatabout "College Football" lol.

If only this happened to madden
 4 years ago '07        #14
jhj26 51 heat pts51
space
space
$15,678 | Props total: 1357 1357
 Da Ill One said:
I was under the impression NCAA had the tern "College Football" trademarked but I can't find out if it's true or not...
you cant trademark the term "college football"
 4 years ago '05        #15
Soprano ATL 43 heat pts43
space
space
$9,331 | Props total: 206 206
 Da Ill One said:
It's not. NAIA is college football, too.
 4 years ago '04        #16
space
space
 jhj26 said:
you cant trademark the term "college football"
You can trademark anything you have the money for...

the term Three-peat is trademarked
 4 years ago '12        #17
Mr Fujaveli 36 heat pts36
space
space
$23,466 | Props total: 12833 12833
 MochaWhitey said:
I haven't played an NCAA game in years..I took them for granite and now they are gone
you thought they were made of A very hard, granular, crystalline, intrusive igneous rock consisting mainly of quartz, mica, and feldspar and often used as a building...:ohhellnonas:

but na seriously, my favorite annual game coming to an end?
 4 years ago '07        #18
kuntree_swagger 14 heat pts14
space
space
$2,041 | Props total: 32 32
intramural flag football 15
 4 years ago '10        #19
stv18 22 heat pts22
space
space
$4,622 | Props total: 101 101
Just make MVP baseball instead now yeah buddy.
 4 years ago '08        #20
F.A.M.E.M.O.B. 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,121 | Props total: 227 227
EA will get the ESPN license if anything and name if College Gameday 2015 and it will probably be a better game
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
133 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
84 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
74 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
53 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
112 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
122 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
72 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
195 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy