LL Cool J Talks Jay-Z's #MCHG Sales 'I Like To Know That A Million People Went Out & Bought My Album

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
89 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
35 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
71 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
109 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '13        #81
theon3 6 heat pts
space
space
$2,779 | Props total: 508 508
I stopped respect ll a long time ago. But hes right thay Jay z sh*t is...sh*t
 4 years ago '05        #82
question49 
space
space
$382 | Props total: 0 0
If you didn't want the album, you wouldn't have downloaded the app. That being said, 1 million people wanted the album and got the album so Samsung deal aside, Jay can feel comfortable with the fact that his album was very much anticipated and wanted by those folks who downloaded it through the app.
 4 years ago '13        #83
PursuitProgress 
space
space
$1,374 | Props total: 121 121
 sheedawg said:
If any of ya'll watched The Dreams Revolt interview then this wouldnt even be a discussion. His main point was that if you selling for example 200k for your music, you know FOR A FACT more than 200k are actually listening to it, these dudes aint dumb enough to go in with a business model and sell themselves short.

Why wouldnt you want to maximize profit knowing that people gonna listen to for free anyways, so might as well get some money for the music your offering, end of the day its the music BUSINESS. Jay guaranteed a sale of a million, which is something that just doesnt happen in todays music business period due the climate and what the internet is.

at this "real fans were deprived" bullsh*t, so real Carter 1 Wayne fans were the majority of Carter III fanbase? GTFOH. Lollipop and A Milli were monster singles that the average fan caught onto and went on to buy the album off the back of those singles.

Ya'll looking for reasons to hate on Jay instead of applauding him, and what even worse is that Jay is stating FACT, he sold a million albums before the album dropped. Nowhere did he say he sold a million to real fans, people etc.

PROPS on an excellent point!
 4 years ago '09        #84
bigscore 1632 heat pts1632
space
space
$12,832 | Props total: 17941 17941
 NAKHI ALLAH said:
So if I buy a million records and give it away to a million people isnt said artist I brought going plat?
I mean that is basically the same deal right?
I respect jays hustle.
True hustling right there
Giving it away for FREE to 1 million people is way different from 1 million people going into stores or online and spending their own money for something they WANT to own...

In my book thats a "fugazy" plat....

"Lil Wayne earns a platinum plaque in his first week out with over a million in sales.
Lil Wayne has earned a platinum plaque thanks to the first-week sales of his latest album Tha Carter IV.

According to Hits Daily Double, Weezy sold 1,000,690 copies of his newest offering since hitting stores last week. The album previously broke the iTunes record for most digital albums sold within the first four days of its availability.

His 2008 release, Tha Carter III, achieved the same accomplishment as its successor, moving 1,005,545 units in its first week."

Last edited by bigscore; 07-17-2013 at 09:10 AM..
 4 years ago '05        #85
Quddus 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$14,944 | Props total: 6186 6186
LL salty ain't nobody checking for him on wax. If he could get a million sales anyway possible today he would.
 4 years ago '04        #86
jae premier 
space
space
$2,491 | Props total: 77 77
the fact that this many people getting worked up over sales/plaques in 2013 is laughable

WHO CARES???????????????????????????????
 4 years ago '04        #87
youngmec 
space
space
$1,060 | Props total: 51 51
smh... this is the same dude who was "Accidental Racist"

and on a network Television show, yet still wanna cry over Jay-Z

move on LL nothing to see here
 4 years ago '04        #88
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
$46,366 | Props total: 8457 8457
LL is speaking the truth. No hate at all
and smh @ people saying LL is no longer relevant when he has been in the game 27 years
and has now transition from music to other business ventures and you can now see him on tv daily.
One of the only rappers you can say your mom & pops, you and your kids have rocked to LL tracks.
One of the most influential rappers in the history of hip hop who paved the way for a lot of rappers including Jay-Z
 4 years ago '06        #89
frequent23 
space
space
$1,084 | Props total: 82 82
So if Samsung came to LL wit that deal do any of y'all honestly think he would turn it down? Let's be real here and any of u agreeing wit LL would never turn a deal like that down especially since over half of you work at Speedway
 4 years ago '10        #90
trill jackson 739 heat pts739
space
space
$18,881 | Props total: 13339 13339
Hovs a bad mfer any way you slice it. Samsung will not make that same deal with a lame rapper. Only an elite artist could pull that off, and he did it at like 44 years old. Samsung wouldn't buy a million ll albums at a penny a pop
 4 years ago '05        #91
DocHollywood13 
space
space
$226 | Props total: 5 5
How is LL saying anything wrong?? I guess people can't have an opinion. Like he said a milly is a milly.
 4 years ago '06        #92
davon4204 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,172 | Props total: 1613 1613
 NaMeLeSs- said:
LL is right, selling 1 million records to samsung is different from 1 million fan buying it.

What the fu*k Samsung want with his album anyway?
 4 years ago '11        #93
DesolateOne 32 heat pts32
space
space
$3,780 | Props total: 66 66
 davon4204 said:
What the fu*k Samsung want with his album anyway?
All that personal info, it's gold to them.

4 years ago '06        #94
davon4204 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,172 | Props total: 1613 1613
 castro13 said:
exactly.

n*gga did sound salty. better believe 1million people have heard the album.

he's doing 500k+ not including the samsung deal. more than a million people downloaded the app.

the landscape in music now calls for new business innovations. but how can you expect a guy who signed his life away in a 13 album deal to really comprehend that.

Oh yeah 1 mil might have heard the album but that don't mean 1 mil bought that sh*t tho.
 4 years ago '10        #95
brooklyngohard 365 heat pts365 OP
space
space
space
$4,020 | Props total: 3706 3706
Jay-Z Won 2 Times
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
113 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
139 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
142 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
206 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
20 comments
2 days ago