LL Cool J Talks Jay-Z's #MCHG Sales 'I Like To Know That A Million People Went Out & Bought My Album

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
90 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
109 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
84 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
89 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '07        #21
cankstoochie 48 heat pts48
space
space
$16,590 | Props total: 1053 1053
this is what i been telling ya'll all along
 4 years ago '04        #22
gimmethat 1 heat pts
space
space
$11,483 | Props total: 2722 2722
LL hates j.

i get the logic but the people got the music,thats the most important thing...and the best way for an artist to know if he "touched the people" is to go on tour
And thats what hes doing

FYI :the best fans dont always buy music ,some of u cheap mofos havent bought an album in the last 10 years
 4 years ago '13        #23
CrunchTime CDN 435 heat pts435
space
space
$10,744 | Props total: 7252 7252
Where is the gif with LL at the awards clapping looking salty?
 4 years ago '06        #24
Jhnnyblz427 175 heat pts175
space
space
$35,297 | Props total: 18222 18222

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '04        #25
Young Hov 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,473 | Props total: 3 3
a million people will buy the album, and then it'll be double platinum
 4 years ago '04        #26
Bedewe22 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,399 | Props total: 107 107
“We've seen people like LL Cool J have longevity and we respect the heritage of what he's done but it's not like right now he's competing on the same level as Lil' Wayne so for me to still be able to compete at that level at my age, that's rarefied air, it's never been done.”

4 years ago '13        #27
CrunchTime CDN 435 heat pts435
space
space
$10,744 | Props total: 7252 7252
 Bedewe22 said:
We've seen people like LL Cool J have longevity and we respect the heritage of what he's done but it's not like right now he's competing on the same level as Lil' Wayne so for me to still be able to compete at that level at my age, that's rarefied air, it's never been done.

Jay-Z been rapping for 27 years From 1986 to 2013

[video - click to view]

4 years ago '13        #28
Erma Gerd 275 heat pts275
space
space
$16,402 | Props total: 18201 18201
 Nut-In-Honeys said:
So LL thinks that people arent listening to the album?
LL is simply saying that it'd matter more to him to know that 1 million people felt loyal enough to buy an album vs. selling it to a company. Listening to it is a given; people can do that via free download. Hell of a power move by Hov, but I see nothing wrong with LL's comments.
 4 years ago '05        #29
Dun Language 3971 heat pts3971
space
space
$75,919 | Props total: 30301 30301
what kind of shades are those.
 4 years ago '04        #30
NAKHI ALLAH 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,223 | Props total: 1090 1090
So if I buy a million records and give it away to a million people isnt said artist I brought going plat?
I mean that is basically the same deal right?
I respect jays hustle.
True hustling right there
 4 years ago '04        #31
Kiss The Stick 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,312 | Props total: 11 11
what beef did ll cool j have with jigga?
 07-16-2013, 02:19 PM         #32
Hotboy1982 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
My thing is, I don't think that LL is salty at least not in this case cause its been known that he and Hov never were cool even before the Def Jam prez deal, but the thing is that people are not grasping the fact that regardless if Samsung bought copies of the album, there were still a million people who went and downloaded the app to download the album, so whether directly or indirectly, a million copies of the album were moved, Samsung was simply the digital vendor. It would have been no different than if a million people themselves went to Target or Best Buy and physically bought the album.
 4 years ago '05        #33
Micheal C. Will 18 heat pts18
space
space
$28,218 | Props total: 15782 15782
 castro13 said:
exactly.

n*gga did sound salty. better believe 1million people have heard the album.

he's doing 500k+ not including the samsung deal. more than a million people downloaded the app.

the landscape in music now calls for new business innovations. but how can you expect a guy who signed his life away in a 13 album deal to really comprehend that.
The bolded part

LL has to realize that it's not 1997 anymore, the last time he even had a platinum album. One of the reasons why he isn't relevant in hip-hop anymore, because he doesn't want to think outside the box.

Last edited by Micheal C. Will; 07-16-2013 at 02:41 PM..
 4 years ago '13        #34
PursuitProgress 
space
space
$1,374 | Props total: 121 121
 HipHopFactz said:
LL said nothing wrong kept it 100 and respectable Camels catch feelings
^^^THIS. These days if you do or say anything other than stand and applaud someone, you're a disrespectful hater... LL only pointed out an obvious truth. This snippet is a perfect example of why he's one of the last few Hip-Hop artists I look at as a role model!
 4 years ago '13        #35
PursuitProgress 
space
space
$1,374 | Props total: 121 121
 Bedewe22 said:
Of course they didn't.
... and it's like a minute long.
 4 years ago '04        #36
D.M.A. 
space
space
space
$1,845 | Props total: 550 550
True its not the same but its still a good marketing scheme. That's 1mill u can give away to anyone who CHOOSES to download it,so its still touching the ppl as LL states. Imo its no diff then ppl buying albums online,it jus so happens the first mill is free. Plus I don't doubt Jay will sell a mill in stores,hell he's halfway there. But LL did make sum good points without hating
 4 years ago '05        #37
Micheal C. Will 18 heat pts18
space
space
$28,218 | Props total: 15782 15782
 Im Soo Special said:
Man gtfoh

Jay sold his soul and d!ck rode his way to the top, sh*t and he still is a d!ck rider

The opposite what LL did
My argument is about Jay's business model and him finding ways to increase his brand, I wasn't even talking about the particulars of how both theses dudes are viewed coming up in game, in the opinions of outsiders, like yourself and me. And what's the love affiair with LL all of sudden on here? If I'm not mistaken wasn't dudes on here were calling LL a sellout as well? Thing is I respect LL as pioneer and think he is one of the goats of hip-hop...but his way of thinking is archaic.
 4 years ago '10        #38
DeathStar 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,643 | Props total: 7713 7713
LL needs to stop living in the past, the internet changed the game.
 4 years ago '11        #39
whouthinkitis 18 heat pts18
space
space
$8,860 | Props total: 1469 1469
 NaMeLeSs- said:
LL is right, selling 1 million records to samsung is different from 1 million fan buying it.
Yah he's right but for the folks that's saying he's salty/hating b/c of past issues need to give that sh*t a break. From what I saw LL was speaking truth. The rap game is so small now that only a handful of mainstream artists is making any serious money. LL made all his money when the rap game was HOT! Now he making that TV/Movie money so he ain't hurting at all.
 07-16-2013, 02:52 PM         #40
redacted 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Be a sh*tty actor, and shut the fu*k up. Weakest fu*king legend in hip hop when you look at his catalog: LL Cool J. fu*k whatever argument he's trying to make, this bum should stick to being on bad tv shows I don't wanna watch, and let hip hop be a distant memory.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
34 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
97 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
64 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
210 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
25 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
57 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Drink Champs: Jim Jones (4 hours long)
65 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy