most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
128 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
115 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '07        #1
9102 pageviews
110 comments

st21 1238 heat pts1238
space
space
$55,588 | Props total: 43743 43743
John Wall: 'I need to get into the playoffs'

visit this link image

LAS VEGAS -- Let's just say John Wall's goals for next season are pretty simple.

"This is my fourth year. I need to get into the playoffs. There's nothing more that needs to be said," he told reporters following the Wizards' 56-52 Summer League loss to Golden State. "I need to get into the playoffs. Seeing my season end early every year is no fun."

Wall is clearly tired of seeing his seasons end early. He's still seething over having to miss the first 33 games of last season, which wiped away what he described as an offseason of hard work that dramatically improved his game. We saw glimpses of that at the end of last season, but those were just glimpses. Wall is hoping the flashes turn into something more next year.

To ensure that, he's spending time working out with Kevin Durant in Los Angeles. Wall shares the same trainer as Durant, Russell Westbrook, Derrick Rose and Kevin Love, and while Westbrook and Rose have not been around much as they deal with knee injuries, Durant has been there.

"When I'm going against guys like Kevin Durant, who's one of the leading scorers in the league, he pushes you to want to get better, seeing how hard he works," Wall told Reggie Miller and Steve Kerr during the NBATV broadcast. "That's my main thing. I want to be on the level those guys are on."

Specifically, Wall is looking to continue to improve his shooting range. He credited a.ssistant coach Sam Cassell with helping his development, and he knows that he has to be a scoring threat to open up other lanes for teammates.

"That's the toughest thing, though, because my whole life, I didn't have to do it," Wall told Miller and Kerr when discussing his jump shot. "When you get to the NBA, this is a man's league, a man's world. You gotta improve myself.image I knew that to make things easier for me and easier for my teammates, I needed to knock down shots. I'm not stopping [my work]."

It's all setting up for what Wall hopes to be his best year yet, and he finally believes he has enough pieces around him to take the next step.

"I feel like we have a good enough team. What we had last year was good," he told reporters. "If the organization decides they want to add more pieces and make more moves, that's up to them. For us, it's about improving ourselves off the court so we can be better on the court."
visit this link http://www.bulletsforever.com/2013/7/14/4522316/john-wall-washington-wizards-nba-summer-league-2013

110 comments for "John Wall: 'I need to get into the playoffs'"

4 years ago '10        #2
Dextromethorphan 217 heat pts217
space
space
space
$27,807 | Props total: 13 13
glad he's not wasting his time with pick up games like last off season
 4 years ago '07        #3
st21 1238 heat pts1238 OP
space
space
 theblast22 said:
glad he's not wasting his time with pick up games like last off season
didn't even think of that. this might be the first offseason wall hasn't participated in a single pick up game (as far as we know)
 4 years ago '05        #4
BronxBombers 195 heat pts195
space
space
$37,697 | Props total: 2455 2455
No Excusses This Yr... I Became A Beliver In Wall Late Last Yr..

It's His Time To Step Up And Lead Them ..

Same Goes For k!lla
 4 years ago '10        #5
Dextromethorphan 217 heat pts217
space
space
space
$27,807 | Props total: 13 13
 st21 said:
didn't even think of that. this might be the first offseason wall hasn't participated in a single pick up game (as far as we know)
he just needs to keep his a.ss in a gym shooting with et
 4 years ago '13        #6
MIAMI 152 AVE 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,504 | Props total: 1446 1446
Rather see uncle drew get a taste of the playoffs then this n*gga..
 4 years ago '05        #7
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,747 | Props total: 12575 12575
This must be Walls first summer with Rob Mcclanaghan... Rose & Westbrook progression has really made him a sought after trainer by PG's now. If Rob doesn't make him a better player, then there's no hope.
 4 years ago '07        #8
space
space
 #TheReturn said:
This must be Walls first summer with Rob Mcclanaghan... Rose & Westbrook progression has really made him a sought after trainer by PG's now. If Rob doesn't make him a better player, then there's no hope.
no he trained with him last offseason as well

4 years ago '12        #9
cubes 4 heat pts
space
space
$12,589 | Props total: 6049 6049
"Speak it and it shall be done" - John 2:13

Point Prophet/Point Bron has spoken
 4 years ago '05        #10
space
space
 st21 said:
no he trained with him last offseason as well

Had to be his first time, then which explains his little break out last year.. First time he actually looked like a #1 pick.. As I said though, if he doesn't improve under Rob then there's no hope.
 4 years ago '07        #11
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,133 | Props total: 18 18
Wall gets it now. 18 and 7 last year on 45%, its a wrap on the naysayers. He just plays so fast that the jumper gets crooked at times but now its slowing down, his game is expanding. Doing this in spite of EG bombing crucial draft picks that shouldve been the help Wall needed for a playoff run

8th fu*king seed y'all
 4 years ago '05        #12
space
space
 dil doe 22 said:
now i'm not sure if you watch basketball or not.

only real hole in wall's game is consistent shooting
You think Wall has one hole in his game but I don't watch basketball.. I find that funny..

I'm not going to go as far and say you don't watch it, but it's clear you don't understand it.
 4 years ago '11        #13
elvisfreshly 106 heat pts106
space
space
$23,072 | Props total: 313 313
maybe he can do something this year
 4 years ago '13        #14
Impeccable 212 heat pts212
space
space
$14,916 | Props total: 1350 1350
 4 years ago '05        #15
rawchester 14 heat pts14
space
space
$5,400 | Props total: 4552 4552
 #TheReturn said:
You think Wall has one hole in his game but I don't watch basketball.. I find that funny..

I'm not going to go as far and say you don't watch it, but it's clear you don't understand it.
 4 years ago '07        #16
space
space
 dil doe 22 said:
now i'm not sure if you watch basketball or not. wall balled out in the 2nd half last year.

only real hole in wall's game is consistent shooting
where did he say wall didn't play well at any point? reading comprehension failure.

and yes wall did ball out in the 2nd half of the season. he carried us most nights but he did go back to shooting very poorly to close out the season. his final 4 games 8-21, 5-19, 9-21, 7-18

that's why i'm not sold that he has completely turned the corner. it's easier to come back healthy after the midway mark and ball out on players that are tired from playing the entire season. We need to see wall play a consistent full season at an all star level. not saying he isn't capable but he's never done it.
 4 years ago '07        #17
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
Dont even start with that noise, st21 Those last couple games were pick up games with half the team on the bench "injured". Dude is a stud, no way around it. You dont drop 47 by accident

Post allstar game #s: 31 games 20 ppg, 8 apg, 4.8 rpg, 1 bpg, 1.5 spg

Last edited by ttime236; 07-15-2013 at 09:24 PM..
 4 years ago '05        #18
space
space
 ttime236 said:
Dont even start with that noise, st21 Those last couple games were pick up games with half the team on the bench "injured". Dude is a stud, no way around it. You dont drop 47 by accident
He's still right, he's not callin Wall a fluke, he's just saying he hasn't put together an entire season of high level play. In the end thats all that matters, sounds to me that st21 is a man who is tired of the "potential" talk, and wants to see results.. This WILL be year 4. How many more years will you expect to harp on potential and what ifs, before you get to the point where you want to see results CONSISTENTLY? The only difference between an average player and a superstar is consistency. And thats it. Superstars play at a high level almost every single night. Not just for one or two months.
 4 years ago '05        #19
Dun Language 3971 heat pts3971
space
space
$75,933 | Props total: 30337 30337
only a matter of time before he request a trade. or doesn't look for an extension and just finishes his last year as a wizard.
 4 years ago '07        #20
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
 #TheReturn said:
He's still right, he's not callin Wall a fluke, he's just saying he hasn't put together an entire season of high level play. In the end thats all that matters, sounds to me that st21 is a man who is tired of the "potential" talk, and wants to see results.. This WILL be year 4. How many more years will you expect to harp on potential and what ifs, before you get to the point where you want to see results?
Results??

1st year still had Gil at the 2
2nd year was Young, Blatche, Mcgee
3rd year was the injury and the team went 4-28 without him. He cant make the playoffs on his own, like I said, all this in spite of EGs busts. Anyone that watched him play can see his game is there now
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
71 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
85 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
vida guerra
83 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
84 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
34 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
106 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
56 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
187 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy